Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

thArf posted:

I usually charge 290 but for SA members I'll offer 260. If you want dyno time it will end up being ~450 total. With stock injectors/cam there isn't really a need for dyno time. I also sell a unit which you would own which can tune eight vehicles and you receive your tunes via email. Lots of new vehicle owners go for this as they can switch to stock at any time. I assume you're talking about a mostly stock LS7 vette, correct?

I use https://www.efilive.com

thArf, contact me at kimbo305slice@gmail.com if you see this. I had some questions about the DBW on the Z06 and tunability of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I'm down for a motor pull weekend on the 16th.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I am definitely down for that as well. It looks like I won't be wheeling that weekend.

Unless you think we can pull enough motors on Saturday, I strongly suggest showing up Friday so we can either pull some both days or prep some (rip all the easy stuff off) Friday and then actually pull them on Saturday. The yard is not open Sunday.

kastein fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 6, 2012

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
So I think sometime this summer we need to have an NEAI wheeling/camping trip to All Wheels in Lewiston, Maine.

http://www.facebook.com/allwheelsoffroad?sk=info

We just need to peg down a date for this. I'm clear most of the summer but I'd imagine most of you have busy schedules.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

commissargribb posted:

So I think sometime this summer we need to have an NEAI wheeling/camping trip to All Wheels in Lewiston, Maine.

http://www.facebook.com/allwheelsoffroad?sk=info

We just need to peg down a date for this. I'm clear most of the summer but I'd imagine most of you have busy schedules.

I'm in. Late july works best for me. I'll try and steal something to hoon around in.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm tentatively in. My wheeling schedule is already pretty packed.

June ???-24, July 7-8, 20-22, August 12th, and September 1-3 + 8-9 I am booked. Most other weekends work, aside from junkyard day 2 weekends from now.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kastein posted:

I'm tentatively in. My wheeling schedule is already pretty packed.

June ???-24, July 7-8, 20-22, August 12th, and September 1-3 + 8-9 I am booked. Most other weekends work, aside from junkyard day 2 weekends from now.

July 28th

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Works for me. No drill that weekend.

Tentatively changing the date on the FB event...

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
I wish I could say that the video of Kastein hoisting a 5-ton tire while sitting inside it came out. Unfortunately, I hosed up recording the video and you'll all have to settle for imagining it.

:smith:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

So when am I showing up saturday for NEAI#2 JY edition?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Anytime you want friday after about 4-5 or Saturday morning sound good? The earlier the better.

Also, I need an exact list of desired engine donors so I can go to the yard tomorrow and take stock of what needs pulling. Don't want you guys driving 6 hours for nothing.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Slow is Fast posted:

So when am I showing up saturday for NEAI#2 JY edition?

ughh please dont call it that. That just means I'm going to miss two in a row.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kastein posted:

Anytime you want friday after about 4-5 or Saturday morning sound good? The earlier the better.

Also, I need an exact list of desired engine donors so I can go to the yard tomorrow and take stock of what needs pulling. Don't want you guys driving 6 hours for nothing.

Any 2000 to 2004 subaru I want a motor out of.

I'm also down to come help pull that motor ace wanted. Looking for miscellaneous third gen subaru legacy parts as well.

They have front ends that look like this:

Not sure if chrisgt wants anything.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I'll see what they have.

Also, I'm staring at this green jeep in my yard, which I have just bought from the PO, possibly-without-engine-and-trans. I suspect he might be willing to sell the engine at the right price, though, he's looking to get out of XJs.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

kastein posted:

I'll see what they have.

Also, I'm staring at this green jeep in my yard, which I have just bought from the PO, possibly-without-engine-and-trans. I suspect he might be willing to sell the engine at the right price, though, he's looking to get out of XJs.

:allears:

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
Good luck to the parts pullers at the junkyard today.

:tipshat:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Minimal blood was shed, I got legacy parts, though not everything I needed.

No motors were pulled, no SOHC's for me, and there were too many hots

I did see the fastest 8.8 removal ever though.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I have a running DOHC 2.5 from a 98 Subaru RS. It's currently in the car and will be sold on Craig's list, but I thought I would be offer it up here first.

Edit: I don't need the ECU or Harness, so you can take that too if you want to buy the engine.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

daslog posted:

I have a running DOHC 2.5 from a 98 Subaru RS. It's currently in the car and will be sold on Craig's list, but I thought I would be offer it up here first.

Edit: I don't need the ECU or Harness, so you can take that too if you want to buy the engine.

I can tell you right now that Dan won't want it... BUT. How much? How many miles, etc?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
The Odometer says 140k. I hadn't really thought about price though. How much are these worth?

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

chrisgt posted:

I can tell you right now that Dan won't want it... BUT. How much? How many miles, etc?

You know me weeelllllllllllllllllllllllll

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
So how much should I list it for?

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

daslog posted:

So how much should I list it for?

It's junk, just give it to me :D

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Updated the OP with facebook link and a blurb about NEAI#2

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT

Slow is Fast posted:

Updated the OP with facebook link and a blurb about NEAI#2

Hopefully I'll have my truck functional for NEAI#2, if not I'll ride with Kastein. Wouldn't miss this for the world.

Edit : Congrats on not being banned anymore! This plus the valid inspection sticker on your Comanche.. Man, you're on top of the world.
|
v

ACEofsnett fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 24, 2012

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Slow is Fast posted:

Minimal blood was shed, I got legacy parts, though not everything I needed.

No motors were pulled, no SOHC's for me, and there were too many hots

I did see the fastest 8.8 removal ever though.

I bet I can do one faster next time, since I don't intend to be bleeding from a loving rustang 5.0 next time. Spinning that WP pulley was one of my least favorite life decisions so far.

thArf
Oct 9, 2009
What I have been up to: http://youtu.be/y-r0RfNaoJg (supercharged vette)

Also

I posted the original build thread here a while back but for those a bit behind http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?46-1999-LQ4-6-0-whipple-FLT-yank-etc-quot-Ricer-quot-build-thread&p=244917

1999 OBS with 6.0 LS engine swap, Whipple 3.3 blower, converter, built trans, locker, lots of electronics, etc. Launches @ 1.1 G in 4x4 / 550 ft lbs at 2500 rpm / 14 mpg DAILY shop truck and tuner mobile

and big black makes a guest appearance

thArf fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 29, 2012

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

The frame on that video constantly moving around is making me sea sick.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Hey AI goons!

Upcoming events:

New England Forest Rally!

http://www.newenglandforestrally.com/

ChrisGT and I will be working this event Thursday-Saturday and it should be amazing. I can't wait to hear that first anti-lag whistle of the day.

Saturday, July 28th some AI'ers are coming up and we're going offroading at All Wheels offroad park in Lewiston Maine.

Anyone is welcome, unless you're really really really really goony.

And as always, come join us on IRC. irc.synirc.net #newenglandai!

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Slow is Fast posted:

Saturday, July 28th some AI'ers are coming up and we're going offroading at All Wheels offroad park in Lewiston Maine.

Anyone is welcome, unless you're really really really really goony.

And as always, come join us on IRC. irc.synirc.net #newenglandai!

We're still considering camping right? Does anyone have a grill? :supaburn:

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.
Dear Boston People: Where is a good hand car wash in the metro area? I am going nuts trying to find one.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I have a grill, but there's little chance I'll be making it. I'm quickly going from broke to super broke. Gas for a trip to Maine is really not an expense I need to be taking on right now.

If I line up a new job in the next few days/week or so I might still make it.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Hello NE AI Goons. I have pissed off enough people at work and they are sending me from the UK to the Boston office and having sold the Skyline today I am now looking at something for when I move in about a months time and get an MA driving license since my UK one will be worth exactly zero.

I hear you guys get snow, like lots of snow, do I need something with 4wd to not get stranded in the middle of no where and die of exposure? Really just an excuse to start looking at Impreza WRX and Lancer Evos for my new daily driver. Can't cost more than an GTR to run right?

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

BigPaddy posted:

Hello NE AI Goons. I have pissed off enough people at work and they are sending me from the UK to the Boston office and having sold the Skyline today I am now looking at something for when I move in about a months time and get an MA driving license since my UK one will be worth exactly zero.

I hear you guys get snow, like lots of snow, do I need something with 4wd to not get stranded in the middle of no where and die of exposure? Really just an excuse to start looking at Impreza WRX and Lancer Evos for my new daily driver. Can't cost more than an GTR to run right?

We do not get lots of snow. Especially in the city. You do not need 4wd, get whatever you want and a set of winter tires.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
We do get lots of snow. The city doesn't get a ton (or at least it gets cleaned up pretty quickly), but the suburbs can be pretty bad. That said, you don't NEED 4WD, but that's hardly a reason to avoid the Evo or STI. Belldandy is correct, buy whatever you want, and get snows for it.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

BigPaddy posted:

You are probably going to get shot (American Gun laws) before you see snow. I wouldn't worry about it.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

daslog posted:

You are probably going to get to shoot some awesome guns with goons(American Gun laws) before you see snow. I wouldn't worry about it.

Let me know when you're around and we'll make this happen.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

daslog posted:

You are probably going to get shot (American Gun laws) before you see snow. I wouldn't worry about it.

Well if I stay here I will get stabbed, I think getting shot is cleaner.

The office is out Burlington way in the suburbs so I can either just do the sensible thing and get 4wd or when it does snow just work from home and just go hog wild. Working from home sounds like a good option.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Would be this be a good time to mention that Factory Five are based in MA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

BigPaddy posted:

The office is out Burlington way in the suburbs so I can either just do the sensible thing and get 4wd or when it does snow just work from home and just go hog wild. Working from home sounds like a good option.

For a winter commuter, I would think full time all wheel drive would be part time 4wd unless part of your commute involved plowing the street you live on.

It's probably why Subies are so popular up here.

• Locked thread