Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Seoinin posted:

Are they, strictly speaking, necessary? Well no. But they're way more relevant than Nepeta's ancestor, or the Summoner would be.

If we do get any more ancestor trolls, the one I would suspect the most to show up would be the Sufferer. You've got the whole Karkat mutant blood thing to resolve. You've got the lime blood thing to resolve. You've got UU wearing Sufferer symbols thing.

However, I also suspect that he'd be kind of an insufferable prick, without any of the joy that we derive from Karkat, so he probably wouldn't stick around long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I fully expect there to be an intermission focusing entirely on the A1 trolls.

And I will enjoy every second of it. :dance:

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I'm expecting something more along the lines of what happened with Doc Scratch and the troll ancestors - a brief vignette filling out the details, but without us actually getting to see them in person.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Bobulus posted:

I assumed that it would be a brief look at what everyone is up to in a post-fight, post-make-a-new-universe kind of a way. Especially if the new universe is made by a collaboration of the B2 trolls, the A1 kids, and the A2 kids, in a blue plus red plus green equals white kind of thing.

Red, blue, green...

Like an RGB display? :tinfoil:

Edit: Knowing how RGB works is also pretty important when working with photoshop so there's that too.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jun 22, 2012

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

gently caress that, I don't want the story to screech to another halt just to introduce yet another set of characters.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

gently caress that, I don't want the story to screech to another halt just to introduce yet another set of characters.

Then how do you expect Act 6 Act 5 Act 1 to go?

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Cleretic posted:

Then how do you expect Act 6 Act 5 Act 1 to go?

Or Act 6 Act 6 Act 1

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

RickoniX posted:

Or Act 6 Act 6 Act 1

Or Act 6 Act 6 Act 5 Act 1

Okay enough of that. The point is we're in this for awhile yet and I really wish people would stop complaining about new characters because they are always proven wrong. Like, every single time.

I'm just glad Hussie continues to do his own thing because if he followed this thread's advice Homestuck would be a short, drab, lifeless and flat piece of poo poo.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Starmaker posted:

Or Act 6 Act 6 Act 5 Act 1

Okay enough of that. The point is we're in this for awhile yet and I really wish people would stop complaining about new characters because they are always proven wrong. Like, every single time.

I'm just glad Hussie continues to do his own thing because if he followed this thread's advice Homestuck would be a short, drab, lifeless and flat piece of poo poo.

I don't really voice my complaints about new characters because I do generally wind up enjoying them all (and generally enjoy them from the outset even), but there legitimately are way the gently caress too many for Homestuck's format.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

King of Solomon posted:

I don't really voice my complaints about new characters because I do generally wind up enjoying them all (and generally enjoy them from the outset even), but there legitimately are way the gently caress too many for Homestuck's format.

Yeah pretty much this. I end up enjoying the character in the end, but that cycle of introductions gets a bit wearying the third or fourth time it happens.

Customer Service
Jun 20, 2004

I'm not wearing any pants

Seoinin posted:

I sincerely doubt the other ten are getting added to the story, and I really hope they aren't. The two we've got right now are only involved due to having some pertinence to existing characters. Meenah is a way to give characterization to the Condesce. Aranea's been introduced because she and Vriska have a relationship not entirely unlike the B1 & B2 kids do with their respective adult figures.

Are they, strictly speaking, necessary? Well no. But they're way more relevant than Nepeta's ancestor, or the Summoner would be.

Personally I'd to at LEAST like to see how they look and maybe names, but Hussie said in his recent Q&A they're canonically just silhouettes at this point, which makes it sound like he didn't put much more thought into em.

I'd also love to know more about how the pre-scratch Troll world was different, even if it's not important to the story. I like weird alien culture stuff!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Sburb is a video game. Video games are played on tvs and computer monitors, both of which are RGB devices.

When R, G, and B are all "on", you get the color white.

So naturally, the combined efforts of all three groups will yield the Good Ending white universe.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
I wouldn't have much problem with the Ancestors as at this point my ability to be objective has withered and died and I'll just lap anything up. That said I don't think we'd need to see them until the Epilogue, chilling in the Dream Bubbles or whatever place is left that they can possibly chill.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Customer Service posted:

I'd also love to know more about how the pre-scratch Troll world was different, even if it's not important to the story. I like weird alien culture stuff!
Well I'm sure Aranea will be along again at some point to unhinge her jaw and disgorge a huge loving plot-bezoar. Some of it might even be new information this time.

augh jesus why did I phrase it like that

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Popo posted:

I wouldn't have much problem with the Ancestors as at this point my ability to be objective has withered and died and I'll just lap anything up. That said I don't think we'd need to see them until the Epilogue, chilling in the Dream Bubbles or whatever place is left that they can possibly chill.

Oh god, the Epligoue.

End Epilogue 1.

> BEGIN EPILOGUE 2.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I believe we will see the Sufferer, and not much else. Maybe some sprites and names, but that's about it.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

Literally Sharks posted:

Right! And also the part that requires Bilious Slick to not have been destroyed on-screen halfway through [S] Cascade to power the creation of the Green Sun.

Other than that, though, I'm sure your theory is totally flawless! :D

Yeah, I know right? I mean, it's not like it was the pre-scratch kids' universe that was destroyed to create the green sun and not the post-scracth universe! That would just be silly. :v:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Nate RFB posted:

I believe we will see the Sufferer, and not much else. Maybe some sprites and names, but that's about it.

I just want to see a memo where past/future/current Karkat are arguing with each other as usual when The Sufferer interrupts and tries to make peace between them and is of course completely unsuccessful. At that point Sufferer hulks the gently caress out at both of them and we find out he's pretty much just like Karkat deep inside.:3:

KoB
May 1, 2009

TOAST7312 posted:

Yeah, I know right? I mean, it's not like it was the pre-scratch kids' universe that was destroyed to create the green sun and not the post-scracth universe! That would just be silly. :v:

That would be silly! Especially when it has been clearly explained that they're in the same universe.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I think someone mentioned this earlier. Calliope's description of Billious Slick wrt Red Miles felt a bit weird to me, that she spoke of its "various iterations" and how it would take variable amounts of time for the Miles to reach each and every one. I mean, as far as we knew, there were only two instances of the B universe, the original alpha timeline, and the scratched alpha timeline. Beta timelines don't factor in since Paradox space clears these out on its own. Moreover, the Miles reached those two iterations we knew of at more or less the same time.

So what was the point of Calliope describing BS that way? We are left to either believe that this is at a point where her knowledge has ended and the rest is conjecture on her part, consigning her to the role of an unreliable narrator who is simply unaware of the true nature of the universe, or that she actually knows what she is talking about and there is more to the kids' universe than we know. It shouldn't be surprising if she is from Bn, an iteration of the B universe as of now unexplored, where the Miles do not reach until after or when our own sun goes supernova. The Stateus off Liberbety do at least suggest a connexion to Dave.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Bobulus posted:

Good Ending white universe.

Another example of Hussie's endless racism.

(this is a reference to the silly thing about race in Homestuck, please do not take me seriously)

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

Bobulus posted:

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Sburb is a video game. Video games are played on tvs and computer monitors, both of which are RGB devices.

So naturally, the combined efforts of all three groups will yield the Good Ending white universe.

You mean the bad-ending universe, because in Homestuck the color white is associated with Doc Scratch, the main villain for the first five acts. That drawing on Calliope's wall that when mirrored makes Lord English's face, it has huge white cueball eyes. Clearly Hussie is not one for the white=good stuff.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

QueerPope posted:

You mean the bad-ending universe, because in Homestuck the color white is associated with Doc Scratch, the main villain for the first five acts. That drawing on Calliope's wall that when mirrored makes Lord English's face, it has huge white cueball eyes. Clearly Hussie is not one for the white=good stuff.

That's true, White is the bad colour here. Heck, the black squiddles from the furthest rim so far have been much more helpful.

Someone might have mentioned this already but does anyone else think all the powers of the players in the incipispheres comes from a different coloured sun?

Green for Space, Red for time, Blue for Win, Yellow for light, etc.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

QueerPope posted:

Doc Scratch wasn't the main villain for the first five acts, and Calliope's drawing doesn't mirror Lord English's face any more than it does her own. There is a character whose name is literally "Black" who murders nearly every protagonist in the story and brings about the destruction of two universes. The only character with villainous intent that is associated with the color white is Scratch who was killed (to pave the way for a larger threat) in the same act that he was introduced.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Where did all this talk about "green = space" come from? The god tier colors for the hero of Space are black and white. If anything, it would be "green = mind" because the god tier colors for the hero of Mind are green and teal.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Oh god loving drat it, has anyone figured out how the hell to fix the save game cookie thing?

"You did not save your game!" I literally just loving clicked "Auto-Save" and then "Save Game", don't tell me what I didn't do

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Well Manicured Man posted:

Where did all this talk about "green = space" come from? The god tier colors for the hero of Space are black and white. If anything, it would be "green = mind" because the god tier colors for the hero of Mind are green and teal.

This (and Hanks Lust Cafe's avatar) made me realise; Black and white is God Tier space. Lord English's colour, his/Calliope's natural red/green aside, is a flashing rainbow of colours. Lord English is God Tier.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Well Manicured Man posted:

First Guardians, who are powered by the Green Sun, have the ability to manipulate space. The three Space heroes we've met so far are Jade, Kanaya, and Calliope, and each of them is strongly associated with the color green - two of them have green blood, and one of them is named for a shade of green.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Bobulus posted:

I wonder if we'll see a Final Bad End anywhere in Homestuck? A beta-timeline? A dream bubble? Just someone describing what will happen if they lose The Final Battle?

Letting the heroes actually know the stakes and what they're up against is one of the nagging little things Homestuck hasn't really addressed. It'd be nice for all the surviving players to actually know what they're going into before the big finish. Rose describing a Bad End through her Seer powers or them finding one in a dream would help.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009

YF-23 posted:

This (and Hanks Lust Cafe's avatar) made me realise; Black and white is God Tier space. Lord English's colour, his/Calliope's natural red/green aside, is a flashing rainbow of colours. Lord English is God Tier.

Lord English is all the god tiers. All of them. And Vriska.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

For some reason it's in my head now that Karkat's mutant blood being red and uu's talk of making everything green after UU is dead seems much more relevant to me plot wise than the Red Sun. Maybe because I think Sufferer Jesus is awesome.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Color Printer posted:

Oh god loving drat it, has anyone figured out how the hell to fix the save game cookie thing?

"You did not save your game!" I literally just loving clicked "Auto-Save" and then "Save Game", don't tell me what I didn't do

I keep on having problems too, but it seems the solution for me was to delete the cookies for the site. Not through the "Delete Game" link, but by actually going into the settings for that program (had this problem in Firefox, Chrome, and even Camino, all on either Windows 7 or Mac) and delete the cookie through the settings.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

But like, I was just watching some of the older flashes and I saw Rose's entrance into the medium. Oh my god. Rose smashing the bottle has to be one of the laziest animations ive ever seen, which is odd because earlier Homestuck tends to have a lot more animation.

I'm gonna just latch onto this and mention that it always seems like the flash animations start off pretty competently animated and then devolve into lazy animation or weird, "off"-looking art, especially during Act 5. It really takes me out of it when I notice.

Anyway, I'll take whatever characters he can throw at me at this point. BRING IT ON, HUSSIE. I DARE you to try and make a character I won't like!!!

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 22, 2012

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Saradiart posted:

Another example of Hussie's endless racism.

(this is a reference to the silly thing about race in Homestuck, please do not take me seriously)

I know you're not serious and it won't happen, but sometimes part of me really does hope that Hussie snaps like Dave Sim and starts updating multiple times a day with text-only pages under a white screen as some ridiculous stand-in character he would just then introduce, ranting like a madman about how deeply he hates the blacks, just to see how the fandom would react.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

QueerPope posted:

Then what about PM and Ms. Paint, huh? :mad:

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

YF-23 posted:

I think someone mentioned this earlier. Calliope's description of Billious Slick wrt Red Miles felt a bit weird to me, that she spoke of its "various iterations" and how it would take variable amounts of time for the Miles to reach each and every one. I mean, as far as we knew, there were only two instances of the B universe, the original alpha timeline, and the scratched alpha timeline. Beta timelines don't factor in since Paradox space clears these out on its own. Moreover, the Miles reached those two iterations we knew of at more or less the same time.

So what was the point of Calliope describing BS that way? We are left to either believe that this is at a point where her knowledge has ended and the rest is conjecture on her part, consigning her to the role of an unreliable narrator who is simply unaware of the true nature of the universe [...]

More or less the same time? The Miles hit B2 three years after they hit B1.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Literally Sharks posted:

How do you figure?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

IUG posted:

I keep on having problems too, but it seems the solution for me was to delete the cookies for the site. Not through the "Delete Game" link, but by actually going into the settings for that program (had this problem in Firefox, Chrome, and even Camino, all on either Windows 7 or Mac) and delete the cookie through the settings.

Thanks, I'll try that. I've heard the problem can come from having cookies for both mspaintadventures.com and www.mspaintadventures.com. I have the one without www bookmarked so I'll probably change that and save myself a lot of trouble.

Of course now I can't really get either site to load reliably so I'm wondering if he's doing something or my internet is just being stupid (like usual). I'm guessing it's the latter.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Literally Sharks posted:

Red Miles became apparent in B1 around the time of the exiles. Roxy and Dirk live in the same time period in B2, and that's where the Miles showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Literally Sharks posted:

Within a three-year window of the lifespan of a universe can most certainly be called "more or less the same time."