Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Sort of feels like a flash coming up.

I know the Uu twins have been revealed to not be trolls, but I still hope the uu reveal uses The Thirteenth Hour. Love that song. :allears:

creationist believer posted:

I was too distracted by the Hunk Rump: The Gathering card in Jake's hand to notice that.

Jake sure seems happy to have that card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gul Banana
Nov 28, 2003

he's a fan of spheres, globes.. anything really

SARSfest
Oct 28, 2010

I like where this is going.
The Huss is up to something.

I can FEEL it.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Huh. Between Hunk Rump and Roxy showing her hand to the world I never noticed Gamzee's stuff.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Jake sure seems happy to have that card.
He hasn't seen it yet. He's smiling to the camera. When he turns to his cards, I'm sure that he will cry upon seeing the hunk rump card and said tears will then be collected and used as a vital element in summoning Lord English.

Or something.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Tinkerbull demands its pound of flesh.

Tinkerbull is harsh, but fair.

YF-23 posted:

I still think there's more to it than these two instances that will be important. Roxy's and Dirk's present could have been 411 years after 2011 with no fuss other than the arbitrary and ultimately ambiguously important figure of setting the two pairs of kids 413 years apart. Then Hussie could've avoided having to come up with an explanation like this, which if not reused for further plot elements would appear like a DEM and an asspull because of otherwise contradictory elements.

I mean before Calliope explained this stuff, everyone had a pretty simple image of how BS worked: one frog, contains both pre- and post-scratch universes. That was it. There was no concept of BS having a depth in which universal iterations exist or anything of the sort. It could have been easily left at that too. But now we have a BS that contains an unspecified amount of iterations of the B universe, which will eventually die to Red Miles, but the door to more B-universes, including ones where they survive long enough for the sun to go Red Giant, is open. And I do not think it was opened for no reason than to tie up a mismatching pair of numbers.

This is going back a bit, but I understand what you're getting at. The explanation felt oddly specific to me, too - to be honest I forgot that there was a time difference between when Roxy and Dirk are now, and when the Exiles were in B1. Although, to be fair, an asspull excuse for the discrepancy isn't so bad when it's merely used to allow for an arbitrary and ultimately unimportant time difference of 413 years (instead of 411).

But this is still pretty much the only evidence against the "uU are in the created universe" theory; if they're merely in another instance of the B universe, then that could explain the Statues of Liberty, and the meteor could arrive through any number of ways. I feel that that's a bit of a cop-out though, UU said she lived in another universe altogether, which would imply a completely different frog, not merely a different instance inside the same one.

I still agree with you, though, that whole explanation UU gave left too much open. There are gonna be more B universes, for one reason or another. I suppose we'll know if UU sees the Red Miles approaching in the sky.

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 24, 2012

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Bobulus posted:

So, Calliope is getting ready to switch with her brother. Time to play Guess What Happens Next!

When UU switches to uu, the narrative will:
A) continue from uu's perspective
B) cut off abruptly and resume when UU awakens again later, perhaps in a perilous situation, denying us the ability to "play" as the future Lord English
C) cut off abruptly in the end of the sub-act, giving us another meteor/battleship intermission
D) switch back to the B2-kids, perhaps in a conversation between uu and someone to then later segue into choice A

Place your bets now.

E) Wakes up from her slain dream self brought back to life by Jane in God Tier attire.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Welp, definitely wasn't expecting this.

Never can expect when we'll go a few days without updates after reaching 16 a day. :(
No one expects a 1x Psyche-out post.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

toxic8aker posted:

Welp, definitely wasn't expecting this.

Never can expect when we'll go a few days without updates after reaching 16 a day. :(
No one expects a 1x Psyche-out post.

Note: this poo poo isn't actually funny.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

pumpinglemma posted:

Note: this poo poo isn't actually funny.

I wasn't quite sure if it was or not but your post enlightened me so thanks duderino!!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder if it's actually Mars that the asteroid has landed on. It looks awfully red, but that might just be the red sunlight.

If it was Mars, it might be that Dave landed there after he rode off into the sky on Unreal Air. I don't think the Empress would have liked having a bunch of jpeg artifact Statues of Liberty embedded on her new Alternia. But a Dave on Mars? I can totally see him doing some redecorating.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

bigmcgaffney posted:

I wasn't quite sure if it was or not but your post enlightened me so thanks duderino!!

No, he's right.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
So good news. Unless uU's body changes its teeth size when uu is dominant, neither uu or UU can be Lord English.

In this panel, you can see UU's tongue. Notice the way it sits at the base of the two visible lower teeth. For this to possible, UU must have no/extremely small bottom teeth besides the two visible ones. Much smaller than the top front row, for sure. Compare this to the lower teeth of Lord English, which are the same size as his upper ones. Furthermore, notice how UU has four teeth in-between her two large ones on top, while Lord English has five! Nine out of ten dentists agree, uU can not be Lord English!

This is not a serious post.

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 25, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Likely an end-of-act coming up. That means an intermission, which, as the end of the second year of travel, will be the last chance for John to have grown a terrible teenage moustache.

Some people, they try to tell me that it'd be funnier if Dave does it. But Dave would do it ironically, and it's not a true dirtstache unless it's worn in sincere ignorance of its ugliness.

This is the only thing about Homestuck that I have imagined and want to be true.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Bongo Bill posted:

Likely an end-of-act coming up. That means an intermission,

Didn't we just start this act not too long ago (or it just feels like it to me)? Act 7's supposed to be the final act IIRC, unless Hussie just dumps the kids/trolls in immediately I don't think it would make much sense to wrap things up right now.

That reminds me of something that's been bugging me: The B2 kids are still at the bottom of their echeladders. At least Jane is for sure, I don't remember if we've seen the others yet, but the point is that I'm pretty sure they're notsitting at the very top while everyone who's on their way either climbed to the top of theirs already or is also God-Tier in addition to that. Doesn't look like the new kids are going to be of much use.

Edit: VVVVVVV :downs: I need to go to sleep.

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jun 25, 2012

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Wrist Watch posted:

Didn't we just start this act not too long ago (or it just feels like it to me)? Act 7's supposed to be the final act IIRC, unless Hussie just dumps the kids/trolls in immediately I don't think it would make much sense to wrap things up right now.

Not the end of Act 6, the end of Act 6 Act 3.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Wrist Watch posted:

That reminds me of something that's been bugging me: The B2 kids are still at the bottom of their echeladders. At least Jane is for sure, I don't remember if we've seen the others yet, but the point is that I'm pretty sure they're notsitting at the very top while everyone who's on their way either climbed to the top of theirs already or is also God-Tier in addition to that. Doesn't look like the new kids are going to be of much use.

Edit: VVVVVVV :downs: I need to go to sleep.

They started leveling up on their 13th birthdays. There was a scene back on Earth where Jane levels up.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
I wonder how Hussie is going to end Act 6. Is another Cascade pretty much in the cards, or have we passed Homestuck's climax? I really want to see how Hussie decides to kill off the main villains, knowing that Hussie's sworn to avoid any more 1000 page battles. I'm especially interested in seeing what Hussie does with Jack; it was probably a mistake to leave him irrelevant for the past 1000 pages.

snucks fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 25, 2012

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The act ends with the red miles killing all B2 kids. :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

snucks posted:

I wonder how Hussie is going to end Act 6. Is another Cascade pretty much in the cards, or have we passed Homestuck's climax? I really want to see how Hussie decides to kill off the main villains, knowing that Hussie's sworn to avoid any more 1000 page battles. I'm especially interested in seeing what Hussie does with Jack; it was probably a mistake to leave him irrelevant for the past 1000 pages.

He has commented on this:

Hussie on his tumblr posted:

I don’t see myself doing another animation this long for the rest of the series. Not even close, in fact. This was, in terms of cinematic gravitas, the high point of the series. It’s the conclusion to act five which all the setup demanded. It is the BIG ONE. A challenge I set out to do, for as much as any other reason, to see if I could.

On the other hand, he said repeatedly that Act 6 & 7 would be markedly shorter than Act 5, but he admitted that it's entirely possible Act 6 will be as long as Act 5 if he writes it in his normal fashion (i.e. goes and does distractions whenever he wants to).

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Homestuck will never end, don't be silly. We'll just keep getting new characters and plotlines, forever.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Norton Ghostride posted:

Homestuck will never end, don't be silly. We'll just keep getting new characters and plotlines, forever.

It will end, but then the next morning we'll have "Start new adventure ==> HOMESTUCK TWO."

Then hussie will reveal that homestuck one was just the first in a five-part story, each iteration larger and more complex than the last.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Norton Ghostride posted:

Eventually, Act 6 will grow to such a large size that its mass will exceed that of everything else in the universe, and it will collapse in on itself in a spectacular apocalypse, as the world looks up at Andrew and asks "why" and he responds, "You're welcome."

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me

Rooreelooo posted:

It will end, but then the next morning we'll have "Start new adventure ==> HOMESTUCK TWO."

Then hussie will reveal that homestuck one was just the first in a five-part story, each iteration larger and more complex than the last.

Spoilers: Homestuck Two is just a 10,000 page odyssey on killing Lord English. He did, in fact, keep his promise that Homestuck would never have a huge boss battle that took forever.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Norton Ghostride posted:

Considering he has yet to create a smooth ending, yeah, I could see him just giving up on having an ending at all.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

DaveKap posted:

Considering he has yet to create a smooth ending, yeah, I could see him just giving up on having an ending at all.

I think most people can forgive Jailbreak and Bard Quest, in all their high-literacy user-run glory as globe-spanning dramatic epics about urine and codpieces, for not having real endings. Problem Sleuth did have a good ending, however.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I take confidence from Cascade myself. It didn't actually end the story, sure, but it took an unholy tangled skein of plot and resolved almost all of it in a satisfying way. The only things left unresolved were the ultimate fate of the kids and trolls plus a few dangling plot hooks for Act 6.

I guess what I'm saying is that if Hussie had decided to split Homestuck into two volumes, Cascade would have made a great ending to the first volume as a work in and of itself. If he can do that, I think he can do the same to end all of Homestuck.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

If Homestuck was a movie trilogy, Cascade would be the end of the second movie, where the good guys still live to fight another day, but big-picture, the bad guys won. See: the empire strikes back. Now we're on to movie three, where the heroes have to rally and finally get a big win.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Act 7 will consist mostly of tribal teddy bears singing and dancing.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 25, 2012

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I've already got my TEREZI STABBED FIRST t-shirt ordered in anticipation of the special edition re-release.

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Seoinin posted:

I've already got my TEREZI STABBED FIRST t-shirt ordered in anticipation of the special edition re-release.

I would totally wear a t-shirt of this (around the house).

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
So according to Twitter, Rosario Dawson started reading Homestuck because of Dante Basco.

https://twitter.com/rosariodawson/status/217180962176503808

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Omnomnomnivore posted:

So according to Twitter, Rosario Dawson started reading Homestuck because of Dante Basco.

https://twitter.com/rosariodawson/status/217180962176503808

It's only a matter of time before the celebrity chain eventually reaches Nic Cage

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

pandaK posted:

It's only a matter of time before the celebrity chain eventually reaches Nic Cage
Apparently Dawson and Cage were in Grindhouse together? (thanks, Oracle of Bacon) Different segments of it, though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm more curious about how long it is until it gets to Insane Clown Posse or the Food Network guy whose name I can't be assed to look up.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

VJeff posted:

I'm more curious about how long it is until it gets to Insane Clown Posse or the Food Network guy whose name I can't be assed to look up.

Yeah, but somewhere along the line there's got to be a limit of people just not caring.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

VJeff posted:

Guy Feferi. That is the big secret of Homestuck: he's the human equivalent to Meenah.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Cabbit posted:

Guy Feferi. That is the big secret of Homestuck: he's the human equivalent to Meenah.

Hey now, let's not be mean. Fish Hitler isn't SO bad...

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Funnily enough, my friend and I decided to celebrate the completion of building my new PC by eating chicken and waffles. Luckily, there's a diner in my area that serves the dish, so off we went to have a victory dinner.

Evidently someone famous ate at that diner - famous enough that it was spray-painted on their wall.

That someone?

Guy Fieri. At least such an agent of the Batterwitch has good taste.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
There's probably some guy on ICP's payroll who monitors things like their twitter account and is very confused by the comments on their Miracles video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

A good poster posted:

There's probably some guy on ICP's payroll who monitors things like their twitter account and is very confused by the comments on their Miracles video.

If there is any good that the Homestuck fandom will ever do, it is that the Miracle's video will always have something Homestuck related in the top comments, confusing actual juggalos everywhere.

Also god dammit, every time I watch that video I notice something new related to Homestuck in it, even though it is probably coincidental. "Hot lava, snow, rain and fog" is clearly referencing the Kid's planets. :tinfoil:

Edit: THE RED SUN AT THE END IS UU'S SUN. IT ALL MAKES SENSE.

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 26, 2012