Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I think Kat just has birds on the brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

M.c.P posted:

1. Big Bone Tower leading to Anthony, what the gently caress? Is this a recent thing that caused Annie to collapse? Or has it always been there and only recently got bad. What is it meant to do? (the imagery suggests it suppresses Annie's "fire") And why is Anthony doing it? (he is a bad father)
I believe Zimmy only hit a mental image of Anthony, there's no way a man who defeated Eglamore (in the Surma field) would let himself be bitch-slapped like that... in other words, I don't know.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

M.c.P posted:

Lets see, list of questions raised:

1. Big Bone Tower leading to Anthony, what the gently caress? Is this a recent thing that caused Annie to collapse? Or has it always been there and only recently got bad. What is it meant to do? (the imagery suggests it suppresses Annie's "fire") And why is Anthony doing it? (he is a bad father)

2. The mask, less of a question, but very open to interpretation. Heavily implied to be that mask of stoicism Annie always hides behind, but also includes the secrets she keeps from others (eg: homework stealing). Probably tied to the make-up thing also acting as a kind of protection against Annie's own emotions.

4. Also we know next to nothing about Annie's adventures in the Woods. Apparently there was a green guy? (once you go green, you never... uh...) Annie apparently mentioned him, but she's kept secrets from Kat before.

Tom has already said that the next chapter is going to have Coyote in it, and Coyote chapters tend to be part-Annie chapters. So here's hoping we get some answers or at least clues to these three.

quote:

3. Head Pigeons? Terrifying Mechanical Angel? Kat's got something going on. I'm lumping these two together because I feel like they're related somehow. Kat's got a lot of bird imagery going on, anyway.

I think headpigeon was just how Zimmy perceives Kat's thoughts, influenced by Kat's whole ornithophilia. I don't think it has anything to do with anything else in the grand scheme of things. Terrifying mechanical angel is obviously Kat's final form since she's clearly the ultimate villain of GC.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1stGear posted:

Terrifying mechanical angel is obviously Kat's final form since she's clearly the ultimate villain of GC.

Nooooo not this :ohdear:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

1stGear posted:

Terrifying mechanical angel is obviously Kat's final form since she's clearly the ultimate villain of GC.

Kat is the psychopomp of robots?

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Migishu posted:

Nope, she doesn't speak it. Just a mental communication thing.

Aggh, good catch. It's been a while since I binged on the archives... Probably time to do that soon.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Keru posted:

That... might not be unreasonable.

What with the whole reactivation/resurrection of the older model, with a large audience no less, Kat might be established in the "minds" of the robots as a being with the power of life and death over them. An angel, as it were. And maybe if enough of them start believing it, it becomes true.

Of course that's wild speculation and most likely not true, but it's an interesting idea nonetheless.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

Keru posted:

The job is certainly available.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com//comics/00000133.jpg

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

From now on everyone just link the comic pages like this so I don't impulsively start clicking next and spend a hour clicking next again.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

DarkCrawler posted:

From now on everyone just link the comic pages like this so I don't impulsively start clicking next and spend a hour clicking next again.

I replaced 133.jpg with 134.jpg, then 135.jpg, then 136.jpg, then... :negative:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

seravid posted:

I replaced 133.jpg with 134.jpg, then 135.jpg, then 136.jpg, then... :negative:
Well that's silly. Try these links!
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=133
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=430
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=792
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=960
I'm helping! :downs:

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

DarkCrawler posted:

I did that because the last time I clicked one of the links in this thread it ate my entire afternoon.

Micgael fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 27, 2012

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Two of these links are already black for me. :negative:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Podima posted:

Two of these links are already black for me. :negative:

Only two? :smugbert:

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
Oh hey this is my first full chapter I've had to read as it updated! Is the waiting always this intense?

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

FutureSushi posted:

Oh hey this is my first full chapter I've had to read as it updated! Is the waiting always this intense?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

FutureSushi posted:

Yes, yes it is.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach

Migishu posted:

Nope, she doesn't speak it. Just a mental communication thing.

Does anyone know what Annie said to Gamma? This used to bug me a lot when I was reading GC but didn't know about this thread.

Dyllyn fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 27, 2012

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dyllyn posted:

Does anyone know what Annie said to Gamma? This used to bug me a lot when I was reading GC but didn't know about thread.

Gamma says something like "Silly" or "Dumb" to Zimmy, and Annie says "That's not very nice."

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

MikeJF posted:

Gamma says something like "Silly" or "Dumb" to Zimmy, and Annie says "That's not very nice."
Uh, no, it's obviously "bytom is not very mike." What? Those are t's? Oh, that makes more sense.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

That last panel is one of my favorites in Gunnerkrigg Court, just because of how expressive Muut's body language is. I feel like Muut is generally one of the less stylized characters in GC, and something about that just makes the whole panel really visually pleasing. Also, because of the relative realism of the body, if you just look at it you can really imagine Muut just as a human, which really makes the fact that he has an owl head stand out more.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com//comics/00000282.jpg

All the linking got me re-reading (again) and just noticed something I didn't think of before when looking at this page. Is the guy with the hat in the last two panels Jack?

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
I don't think he was supposed to be anyone in particular.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

It's Groundskeeper Bob, I thought.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be just a guy.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pretty sure it was Bob.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Yeah, I remember Tom confirmed it was Bob a while back, before we even knew who Bob was. It makes sense when you think about it. Who else would laugh at a gardening joke?

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
It is most definitely Bob (I know because he says so himself)

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=608

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Huntersoninski posted:

It is most definitely Bob (I know because he says so himself)

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=608

I don't see any proof on this page :confused:

I guess if Tom said it's him that's cool, but I remain skeptical :colbert:

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

kidcoelacanth posted:

I don't see any proof on this page :confused:

I guess if Tom said it's him that's cool, but I remain skeptical :colbert:

http://gunnerkrigg.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=40&page=13#3600

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Oh, mystery solved then.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Skepticism erased!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Goddamnit that only raised still more questions. Now I'll never know what a heart rate monitor measures.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh hey, it's Tea. Been a while since we saw her. She's grown up.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach

MikeJF posted:

Oh hey, it's Tea. Been a while since we saw her. She's grown up.

Does she have a story? I though she's just an extra character Tom uses between chapters.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dyllyn posted:

Does she have a story? I though she's just an extra character Tom uses between chapters.

I think that's pretty much it, yeah. She's a mouthpiece.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I hope she gets paid well for this crap.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

e: also a somewhat less incredulous one

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jun 27, 2012

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Oh, hey, Tea is back!

I guess heart monitors are just not as cool as swords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Produced by... what? PRODUCED BY WHAT?

Don't leave us hanging like this!