Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
I want to get back into painting my IG army again. Barely finished one squad. But I'm not very motivated to paint the same Guardsman over and over again. I have three lascannons and a Sentinel too though. I would like to tinker with the Sentinel but it has so many pieces! :byodood:
Beasts of War had a video on assembly but of course it has been removed.
You guys know of anything small that I could build for my IG army to get back into painting? I suppose the lascannons are a place to start.

I have an IG battleforce + 1 Shock trooper box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Torabi posted:

I want to get back into painting my IG army again. Barely finished one squad. But I'm not very motivated to paint the same Guardsman over and over again. I have three lascannons and a Sentinel too though. I would like to tinker with the Sentinel but it has so many pieces! :byodood:
Beasts of War had a video on assembly but of course it has been removed.
You guys know of anything small that I could build for my IG army to get back into painting? I suppose the lascannons are a place to start.

I have an IG battleforce + 1 Shock trooper box.

Heavy weapon teams, like you said, are good little projects that are pretty customizable. If you have enough bits you could try making a fully kitted out veteran squad, they leave plenty of room for customization and personality. Presumably you have Cadian models so you could try making custom Cadian versions of non-Cadian characters from the Codex like Straken, or even custom versions of ones that are. I made a model for Sgt. Bastonne that was a lot of fun to model with all of his wargear.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

I have no clue how to play Warhammer at all, but I was bored and decided to see what I could do with a small group of these really old Steel Legion models that I dug out of the closet. I think I'm mostly finished with them now other than the patches on their shoulders and a few other little details. I tried to make them look kinda like WWI-era French soldiers.

The Imperial Guard are pretty awesome. I like the Valhallans that were posted a while ago.

I can't really play the game though since I don't even have a full squad's worth of these (there are supposed to be 10 in a squad right? I'm missing one). I could maybe play against myself and pit these against the small group of Tyranid models that I have, but then I would have to learn how. And I would need dice and stuff. Dammit.

I like painting them though. I would like to get more if they weren't so expensive. :(

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Aufzug Taube! posted:

The Imperial Guard are pretty awesome. I like the Valhallans that were posted a while ago.

I can't really play the game though since I don't even have a full squad's worth of these (there are supposed to be 10 in a squad right? I'm missing one). I could maybe play against myself and pit these against the small group of Tyranid models that I have, but then I would have to learn how. And I would need dice and stuff. Dammit.

I like painting them though. I would like to get more if they weren't so expensive. :(

Those look very nice!

You'll need at the very minimum a 5 man command squad and two 10 man veteran squads to make a legal Imperial Guard army, although that's only 190 points before upgrades and the smallest games people play are usually 500 points. With upgrades to those units you'd probably be at somewhere between 250 and 400 points depending on what/how much you buy(typically toward the lower end). Tanks run anywhere from 55 points for a basic APC to 150+ points for a battle tank so they're a good way to boost your points usage with only a few big models. Most regular games are 1500-200 points though, 500 is definitely a small game.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Never done basing before and I have some stone chunks or whatever you want to call it "Basing Grit" is what it says on the lid, along with some static grass. Do I just put some around the model which is already on the base or is it better to make the bases before putting on the model. Since if not it may appear to be as if the model is sunk into the ground?
Right now, all of my dudes are already on their bases, glued so I hope it won't look ugly..

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Torabi posted:

Never done basing before and I have some stone chunks or whatever you want to call it "Basing Grit" is what it says on the lid, along with some static grass. Do I just put some around the model which is already on the base or is it better to make the bases before putting on the model. Since if not it may appear to be as if the model is sunk into the ground?
Right now, all of my dudes are already on their bases, glued so I hope it won't look ugly..

I like to do all my basing before I paint, so the basing material gets primed and sealed along with the model. Sometimes you do have to be careful to not put too much on, or as you said it may look like he's ankle-deep in gravel. You can also put your model up on little pieces of plasticard to raise them up enough so the grit doesn't come up over the ankles.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Dominion posted:

I like to do all my basing before I paint, so the basing material gets primed and sealed along with the model. Sometimes you do have to be careful to not put too much on, or as you said it may look like he's ankle-deep in gravel. You can also put your model up on little pieces of plasticard to raise them up enough so the grit doesn't come up over the ankles.

Oh, yeah, guess I'll have to do that from now on. As long as I don't gently caress up the basing, causing the dudes to stand at an angle or something.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Aufzug Taube! posted:

I have no clue how to play Warhammer at all, but I was bored and decided to see what I could do with a small group of these really old Steel Legion models that I dug out of the closet. I think I'm mostly finished with them now other than the patches on their shoulders and a few other little details. I tried to make them look kinda like WWI-era French soldiers.

You'll need a lot more than those guys to play a game of 40k! Some IG armies require over 100 infantrymen and plenty of tanks in a medium-sized game. However, those Steel Legion look awesome, and I really like historical-inspired paintschemes. Also, I'm the guy with the Valhallans from earlier, and if you liked those guys I just finished this over the last 5 hours:

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I finished 10 guardsmen last night. I got sandwiched by the deadline, so I ended up pumping out the last of them in an eight hour block, and discovered I had no more glue for basing, so I will probably go back and do some touching up in the not so immediate future. I might also add some grenades and a vox or something like that as well, but I am not sure.

Anyway, they are my 113th Vali mechanized infantry and as they are specialized for urban warfare, they are armed with Las Carbines with folding wire stocks.

Anyway, thanks to sub par selection at the Hobby Town I went to, as well as encouragement from my fiance, I picked up some Marines for this months painting and modeling.

My problem is that I need to find a pair of Angel Wings that would fit nicely on a marine body, without looking too big or two small. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I could find such items? They just have to be feathered wings.(not mechanical ones.)

Edit: I have discovered that the wings from the Dark Eldar Scourge would work perfectly for what I am going for. Does anyone have any links to sites that sell just the wings in pairs, or happen to have a pair sitting in their bits box that they wouldn't mind parting with?

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jul 2, 2012

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

ghetto wormhole posted:

Those look very nice!

You'll need at the very minimum a 5 man command squad and two 10 man veteran squads to make a legal Imperial Guard army, although that's only 190 points before upgrades and the smallest games people play are usually 500 points. With upgrades to those units you'd probably be at somewhere between 250 and 400 points depending on what/how much you buy(typically toward the lower end). Tanks run anywhere from 55 points for a basic APC to 150+ points for a battle tank so they're a good way to boost your points usage with only a few big models. Most regular games are 1500-200 points though, 500 is definitely a small game.
I figured you would need a few squads to play but goddamn. I wish they would sell Steel Legion battleforce sets like they do with some of the other types. If I wanted to play I would need a bit of catching up to do if over a hundred infantry + tanks is only a medium-sized game.

Maybe I can still play a little mini-game against myself though, gently caress the rules! I have no one else to play with. I have my 9 men, an unpainted Steel Legion Sentinel, along with 8 termagaunts, 7 hormagaunts, and one Ripper swarm, all of which have been sitting in a closet for a very long time. I'll just pretend that neither side needs an HQ or something.

SRM posted:

You'll need a lot more than those guys to play a game of 40k! Some IG armies require over 100 infantrymen and plenty of tanks in a medium-sized game. However, those Steel Legion look awesome, and I really like historical-inspired paintschemes. Also, I'm the guy with the Valhallans from earlier, and if you liked those guys I just finished this over the last 5 hours:
Nice tank, and I wish I could do eyes like that. I'm amazed mine turned out as well as they did since I have a shaky hand, and these are some of the smallest models I've painted before. I'm used to painting those big 1/35 scale tanks.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Aufzug Taube! posted:

I figured you would need a few squads to play but goddamn. I wish they would sell Steel Legion battleforce sets like they do with some of the other types. If I wanted to play I would need a bit of catching up to do if over a hundred infantry + tanks is only a medium-sized game.

Maybe I can still play a little mini-game against myself though, gently caress the rules! I have no one else to play with. I have my 9 men, an unpainted Steel Legion Sentinel, along with 8 termagaunts, 7 hormagaunts, and one Ripper swarm, all of which have been sitting in a closet for a very long time. I'll just pretend that neither side needs an HQ or something.

Nice tank, and I wish I could do eyes like that. I'm amazed mine turned out as well as they did since I have a shaky hand, and these are some of the smallest models I've painted before. I'm used to painting those big 1/35 scale tanks.

IG in particular are really bad about needing tons of infantry to even field an army. Most 40k armies can fill a 1500 point list with 30-50 bodies plus a few vehicles. Some can do it in as few as 20 or so.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Dominion posted:

IG in particular are really bad about needing tons of infantry to even field an army. Most 40k armies can fill a 1500 point list with 30-50 bodies plus a few vehicles. Some can do it in as few as 20 or so.
Maybe I should have gone for Space Marines.

Is there any difference at all between the different IG armies? Like between the Cadians and the Steel Legion, or is it just visual? There's such a small selection of the Steel Legion models. You can't get a neat little command squad with a banner and medic or anything. I guess you could make your own though.

I was thinking about buying another model on ebay or something since I really enjoyed those others. Even if I never play it these would still look good on my shelf I guess.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Aufzug Taube! posted:

Maybe I should have gone for Space Marines.

Is there any difference at all between the different IG armies? Like between the Cadians and the Steel Legion, or is it just visual? There's such a small selection of the Steel Legion models. You can't get a neat little command squad with a banner and medic or anything. I guess you could make your own though.

I was thinking about buying another model on ebay or something since I really enjoyed those others. Even if I never play it these would still look good on my shelf I guess.

They actually sell squads of Steel Legion still, here's the full selection of IG models: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/listProducts.jsp?catId=cat180002

As far as rules go there's no functional difference between different IG armies. In the fluff they often use different tactics and vehicle selections but there's nothing forcing you to follow the fluff. Also it's common even in the fluff for regiments from different planets to combine in the same army.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
Nice Imperial Guard stuff dudes.

Modular gear in place:

I've made another practice face. I seriously need to do more.

Progress on the bust, still a little bit of way to go.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
FINALLY finished exams and moving home so I can start painting and stuff again. But parents decided to get in the way and got me to help them clear out the loft. I found lots of pre-1991 (my birth year) nerd materials including some 1988 goblins and the original box of harlequins. They are so hideous its amazing. When I've dug out my camera I'm going to get awful photos for you. I also found loads of roleplaying material from the 80's of 2nd edition D&D.

And my dad's leather pants.

Yeah.

Anyway, Hellbeard do you ever writeup your posts as like word documents or do you post straight onto the forums? I'm still going to put up your awesome work on my blog for non-SA's to see but pulling down posts is a pain in the butt. Not too big an issue now I'm at home but I thought I would check anyway.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

Lethemonster posted:

FINALLY finished exams and moving home so I can start painting and stuff again. But parents decided to get in the way and got me to help them clear out the loft. I found lots of pre-1991 (my birth year) nerd materials including some 1988 goblins and the original box of harlequins. They are so hideous its amazing. When I've dug out my camera I'm going to get awful photos for you. I also found loads of roleplaying material from the 80's of 2nd edition D&D.

And my dad's leather pants.

Yeah.

Anyway, Hellbeard do you ever writeup your posts as like word documents or do you post straight onto the forums? I'm still going to put up your awesome work on my blog for non-SA's to see but pulling down posts is a pain in the butt. Not too big an issue now I'm at home but I thought I would check anyway.

You lucky bastard! That's quite the treasure trove. Waiting for pics.

What I do is write the post and then crosspost it in several forums that I frequent and then I write a blog post with a bit more extensive thoughts and words and stuff.
This is my blog, maybe you'll find some interesting stuff there. I started it as I was finishing Ariel Sharon 1973:

http://ludumartifex.blogspot.com

You can always use the question mark thingy to isolate my posts. I mean, I don't think you mean to post all of the pictures and the words? Some editing will probably be wise.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

Hellbeard posted:

You lucky bastard! That's quite the treasure trove. Waiting for pics.

What I do is write the post and then crosspost it in several forums that I frequent and then I write a blog post with a bit more extensive thoughts and words and stuff.
This is my blog, maybe you'll find some interesting stuff there. I started it as I was finishing Ariel Sharon 1973:

http://ludumartifex.blogspot.com

You can always use the question mark thingy to isolate my posts. I mean, I don't think you mean to post all of the pictures and the words? Some editing will probably be wise.

Oh cool. I will just link to your blog with some example photos if that's cool with you. And I originally read that as you started the blog in 1973. I was very impressed.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Lethemonster posted:

Oh cool. I will just link to your blog with some example photos if that's cool with you. And I originally read that as you started the blog in 1973. I was very impressed.

That would be impressive!
That'll be mighty nice of you to link there. You can post whatever you like of the photos etc.
PM me if you need anything.
:D

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Doing my very first grit bases. Do you guys think it would be better to paint the entire base brown the way the ground will be colored or try and leave the base sides black and only paint the top where the guy is standing?

Edit:

Actually, just peeked at how GW themselves do it. Brown all over it is. :v:

Boar It fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jul 2, 2012

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Torabi posted:

Doing my very first grit bases. Do you guys think it would be better to paint the entire base brown the way the ground will be colored or try and leave the base sides black and only paint the top where the guy is standing?

Edit:

Actually, just peeked at how GW themselves do it. Brown all over it is. :v:

I happen to like base rims a different color, so it doesn't look like a core sample, but that's really just preference. Depends on whether you want to blend in or pop.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Dominion posted:

I happen to like base rims a different color, so it doesn't look like a core sample, but that's really just preference. Depends on whether you want to blend in or pop.

I have this one poor guy that I experiment on. Gonna see what it looks like with the rim black or something as well.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Green is GW 'back in the day', black is old school, brown is the new hotness. Take your pick :) I am going to vary mine depending on the bases I do for each group.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Troll-slayer orange base rims.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Well, here is my dull grit base. He looks a bit sunk in because all of the mans I've done so far are glued to the base before I did anything to it. But the rest will appear to be standing on it. My first ten guys will just have this boring base since I lack a lighter dirt color.
But once I get my hands on a more sand-ish color I'll put that on and then apply some static grass, once I figure out how that works.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Speaking of basing, what do you guys recommend for basing techniques that look good, but keep the model securely attached to the base? I have traditionally just glued them right to the base and then filled in the basing material around them, but I wonder if that makes them look too deep in the soil.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

jadebullet posted:

Speaking of basing, what do you guys recommend for basing techniques that look good, but keep the model securely attached to the base? I have traditionally just glued them right to the base and then filled in the basing material around them, but I wonder if that makes them look too deep in the soil.

Well in the case of Torabi's model, it is because the sand is to course. if you use a finer grain you are usually ok with just gluing the model to the base and then adding the the sand.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I'll shill again for Vallejo Black Lava. It's a fine grit texture paste that you slap right on the base in one step, and dries solid. Looks just like glue plus sand, but one step, no chance of anything flaking off, slightly finer grain so it looks like earth and not gravel, and you can paint right over it without needing to prime it or seal it or anything.

It comes in a 12oz tub for like 10 dollars and lasts forever. I based a whole army and I'm not quite halfway through the tub.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
Anyone know of a manufacturer that makes 1/56 model airplanes, or something close? Looking to make an objective out of a WW2 airplane, but hard to find the scale that the tanks generally use.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I think I have settled on going with 2 squads of these guys for my new Deathwing army. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/TARTAROS_PATTERN_TERMINATOR_ARMOUR.html

The weapon set for them has enough to outfit one of them as an assault squad (2 T.claws, 2 hammer + shield) but there are no assault cannons for these fellas. Has anyone seen these models yet and have any idea how easy/hard it would be to convert a regular terminator a.cannon to them?

I'm also looking for some deathwing shoulder badges. Forgeword has the deathwing terminator shoulder pack but that isn't compatible with the tartaros terminators. Are there any other places out there that make just the deathwing icon which I could bend/glue to the termies? If not I might try ordering the shoulders anyways and making a mold of just the icons to see if I can work it that way.

Also gonna get some relic contemptor dreads to go with this force. Gonna be sweet. Now just need to find a good belial. Thinking about this fella http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ASTERION_MOLOC_AND_IVANUS_ENKOMI_OF_THE_MINOTAURS.html as the basis.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I have realized another error in painting up my Genestealers: not using colored primer. I should have used green primer then painted all the bone white areas over a couple of times. As it is now, I'm spending loads of time doing: primer, bone white, then green. And the messy areas of the white have to be gone over again at least one or two more times because the white shows through the green. :smith:

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Ok guys, here's a project that's been standing in the back of my head for awhile.

I want to make one of those trays you carry your army around on between matches. In this case, it's my Warmachine army. It's a low count list, about 15 small based infantry, 3 medium base jacks and 3 large bases including the warcaster (leader guy on a horse). And one large colossal base which I think is 120mm around.

What I'm picturing is a bunch of Roman columns and crumbling walls. I think the tray itself would be about 18 by two feet. The walls and ruins shouldn't be too hard to get ahold of, but what I want to do is make a fallen clock tower with gears and clock hands scattered about, or perhaps have one of the large base guys standing on it.

So I'm looking for a clock, with roman numerals preferably, that I can smash apart. Should I start cruising Goodwill and Salvation Army for one to bust apart? And how should I make the tower? I've never really sculpted anything before but would be willing to give it a shot.

As for the tray, I found a site that sells what I'm looking for but it's small, just big enough to hold a dozen small guys, not enough to get really creative. Anyone know of a better way?

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
You can buy a picture frame about the size you want and have a hardware store/lumber yard cut a board for underneath it, makes a nice solid board with a lip (the frame) and looks all fancy-pants.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Dominion posted:

I'll shill again for Vallejo Black Lava. It's a fine grit texture paste that you slap right on the base in one step, and dries solid. Looks just like glue plus sand, but one step, no chance of anything flaking off, slightly finer grain so it looks like earth and not gravel, and you can paint right over it without needing to prime it or seal it or anything.

It comes in a 12oz tub for like 10 dollars and lasts forever. I based a whole army and I'm not quite halfway through the tub.

I'll probably pick that up. Good thing bases are cheap, since I covered most of them in the grit I have now. But I'll use that for the rest of my troops. I remember seeing it in this thread before. Thanks!

Edit:

Going to buy some of that Black Lava but I also saw this:
http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=pro&pre=val_hob_mod_max_301_000

I do not have any varnish at all for my IG at the moment. Will this matt varnish do well? Or should I take something shiny?

Boar It fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 2, 2012

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

crime fighting hog posted:

Ok guys, here's a project that's been standing in the back of my head for awhile.

I want to make one of those trays you carry your army around on between matches. In this case, it's my Warmachine army. It's a low count list, about 15 small based infantry, 3 medium base jacks and 3 large bases including the warcaster (leader guy on a horse). And one large colossal base which I think is 120mm around.

What I'm picturing is a bunch of Roman columns and crumbling walls. I think the tray itself would be about 18 by two feet. The walls and ruins shouldn't be too hard to get ahold of, but what I want to do is make a fallen clock tower with gears and clock hands scattered about, or perhaps have one of the large base guys standing on it.

So I'm looking for a clock, with roman numerals preferably, that I can smash apart. Should I start cruising Goodwill and Salvation Army for one to bust apart? And how should I make the tower? I've never really sculpted anything before but would be willing to give it a shot.

As for the tray, I found a site that sells what I'm looking for but it's small, just big enough to hold a dozen small guys, not enough to get really creative. Anyone know of a better way?
What're you using for materials? That idea sounds cool, but could get heavy quickly. Keep to plaster and resin if you can. MDF can be useful here, but you don't want get that wet. Pine is a durable and lightwieght base, but can get pricey.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Using Super Clean (it is purple but is not purple power) after using Simple Green APC Concentrate to super disappointing results even after 2 weeks.

I'll post the results. After only an hour the red started falling off of the SM's so things are looking good so far.

Pilgrimski
Apr 23, 2008

crime fighting hog posted:

You could try something like these press moulds for clocks if you are gonna try sculpting and constructing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220917621636?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220926383242?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

You can also buy all sorts of bits, cogs, wheels etc. from places like this: http://www.rbmodel.com/index.php?action=products&cat=c_mt

For the body of a tower, you could get all fancy and use cast bricks from say hirst arts or similar. Or you could get some embossed plasticard with bricks on, or use coffee stirrer sticks and make a wood tower. However you go, good luck!

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Pilgrimski posted:

You could try something like these press moulds for clocks if you are gonna try sculpting and constructing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220917621636?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220926383242?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

You can also buy all sorts of bits, cogs, wheels etc. from places like this: http://www.rbmodel.com/index.php?action=products&cat=c_mt

For the body of a tower, you could get all fancy and use cast bricks from say hirst arts or similar. Or you could get some embossed plasticard with bricks on, or use coffee stirrer sticks and make a wood tower. However you go, good luck!

This could work, thanks a lot!

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Reassembled and painted my old rear end terminator inquisitor and dark angel standard bearer. Mostly just practice pieces to see if I could paint a decent deathwing. I did a bad job of cleaning the models and leftover mold lines. I'm pretty happy with the paintjob on the armor, not so happy with the cleanup and priming job I did.

These will be going to my 5 year old nephew's Nephewing force.

The bright white spots on the robes were me doing some touchup to cover up some black splatter, I hadn't blended them back in with the rest of the robe yet.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Sole.Sushi posted:

Soooo... I did a thing. A WIP thing.

Looks good so far, though it's hard to tell how the rest of the project will lay out since I am not familiar with the dreadknight kit.

Is the piolt supposed to be just peeking his head out, like tank piolot?

Or is he supposed to be in a grim-dark sarcophagus, and his body is limited to a head and a stump of a torso with mysterious machines keeping whatever space-aged vital organs he needs alive?

Either is good, really, but it might require more room if you want (most of) his body intact.

As far as I know there's no game scale reference of how broad a naked terminator's shoulder blades are, or how tall he is, so it makes it hard to say how much room should be reserved for his skeleton. At least we know it should be some degree bigger than a guardsman.

I can't wait to see a progress shot with the lower body (and possibly arms) glued or tacked on. As I said before, it's hard for me to really wrap my head around the proportions until it's all there to give it a bit more reference.

Did I say it looks awesome? 'Cuz it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Looks good so far, though it's hard to tell how the rest of the project will lay out since I am not familiar with the dreadknight kit.

Is the piolt supposed to be just peeking his head out, like tank piolot?

Or is he supposed to be in a grim-dark sarcophagus, and his body is limited to a head and a stump of a torso with mysterious machines keeping whatever space-aged vital organs he needs alive?

Either is good, really, but it might require more room if you want (most of) his body intact.

It's more of this kind of thing, a look I think he is trying to avoid.

• Locked thread