Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Cross Counter is putting up FT5s with Dieminion, Yipes, Clockwork, and Viscant. Gootecks and Mike Ross put this at the end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANH1Lk8iXr8&t=19m52s

The time link didn't quite work for me, FF to 19:52.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Brosnan posted:

PS3 version has somewhat inferior graphical performance, but I have it on triple and it's never really bothered me. Traditionally, tournaments run on Playstation since the process of changing controllers/joysticks is a little smoother.

I thought SFxT was the only game that ran on the PS3 due to all of the extra content, I'm not a tournament go-er but MvC3 has always been on 360 whenever I watch a stream.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Liku posted:

I thought SFxT was the only game that ran on the PS3 due to all of the extra content, I'm not a tournament go-er but MvC3 has always been on 360 whenever I watch a stream.

Console specific characters are almost always banned so that's not an issue for SFxT.

Boobs is Fun!
Jun 25, 2005

KaneBlueRiver
The Chilean Sensation
#1 Hulk/Haggar in the World

Liku posted:

The standard is sorta set by EVO having a deal or sponsorship with Sony for a bunch of PS3's. Bleh.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Dren posted:

Cross Counter is putting up FT5s with Dieminion, Yipes, Clockwork, and Viscant. Gootecks and Mike Ross put this at the end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANH1Lk8iXr8&t=19m52s

The time link didn't quite work for me, FF to 19:52.

That entire set is amazing. I love at about 9:40 when Clock just blocks Vergil's horseshit for a good 10 or so seconds. I don't understand how anyone can do that.

Also Yipes' running commentary: still better than most commentary at all.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Haven't played a long while due to work/life, but from watching the tournament streams, I really doubt we'll be seeing alot of TAC infinites at EVO unless it's a desperation comeback tech. When I'm hearing words like "It's a 1-2 frame window" it's just something that's completely beyond what I think most people can do reliably.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Thundercracker posted:

When I'm hearing words like "It's a 1-2 frame window" it's just something that's completely beyond what I think most people can do reliably.

Let me tell you about street fighter 4...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Let me tell you about street fighter 4...

No kidding...I remember when I was a kid, I was "good" at Street Fighter 2 because I could do a dragon punch and spinning pile driver consistently, unlike my friends.

Then SF4 came out, I thought I'd dominate...and then I found out about links...and FADC...

CrashTestVictim
Oct 2, 2003

...roink PERFECT.
For those who missed it on the stream this weekend..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXrjHx4PAXg

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

CrashTestVictim posted:

For those who missed it on the stream this weekend..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXrjHx4PAXg

and doesn't that ball set up an unblockable for Firebrand for characters on entry? Zak Bennett is so sick.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Desk made a TAC loop video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9vGr5gta4U

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Here's a pretty elaborate hoax for another version. He says we'll get info at evo on friday, so stay tuned I guess!!

https://twitter.com/#!/uncanny_edition

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

darealkooky posted:

Here's a pretty elaborate hoax for another version. He says we'll get info at evo on friday, so stay tuned I guess!!

https://twitter.com/#!/uncanny_edition

These all sound baller as heck, especially the taskmaster hyper

e: more

AXE COP fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jul 4, 2012

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Captain America's 3 shield slash combo before launching whiffs on Dr Strange, god gently caress I thought I had all the weird hitboxes already figured out too :argh:

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
The Uncanny guy is now saying these are the new characters: Mega Man, Ant Man/Giant Man, Cyclops, and Servbot.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Ant man/Giant man as playable characters while they're used for Hawkeye's level 3? Okay.

You know, this all sounds so extremely stupid that it could almost be true, since we're talking about Capcom and all.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Krad posted:

Ant man/Giant man as playable characters while they're used for Hawkeye's level 3? Okay.

Hawkeye's level 3 gets a 50% damage boost if Ant Man is on the team.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ

This video is even better when it is played next to your avatar.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Krad posted:

You know, this all sounds so extremely stupid that it could almost be true, since we're talking about Capcom and all.
There are multiple Antmen :colbert:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Nahxela posted:

There are multiple Antmen :colbert:

But only one that's also Giant. Scrub.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
No they should put Thanos in and every level of meter you don't use activates a gem on the Infinity Gauntlet. Have a full stock and :master:

That'd be so ridiculous.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Just like sometimes Tron isn't in the background. Antman will be replaced by Balrog.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Krad posted:

The logic that guy is using for this is that "The team doesn't have a lot of money/time" so they're using models that are already in the game, same with servebot.

Plus I don't think having a character do an attack on themselves is something to be confused by in fighting games.

Altough, I kinda hope this isn't true because Ant man is the worst comic book character of all time, and he said that they still didn't give spidey a wall-crawl

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

darealkooky posted:

The logic that guy is using for this is that "The team doesn't have a lot of money/time" so they're using models that are already in the game, same with servebot.

Plus I don't think having a character do an attack on themselves is something to be confused by in fighting games.

Altough, I kinda hope this isn't true because Ant man is the worst comic book character of all time, and he said that they still didn't give spidey a wall-crawl

What does Ant Man even do besides shrink and grow? Besides basic punches and kicks, I don't see how he be unique unless they do something crazy like let the player decide how big or small he is with commands and that translates to his attack strength/hitbox.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

TaurusOxford posted:

What does Ant Man even do besides shrink and grow? Besides basic punches and kicks, I don't see how he be unique unless they do something crazy like let the player decide how big or small he is with commands and that translates to his attack strength/hitbox.

He should play like Galactus.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

He can be like a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure character and his Stand is Ultron.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

What does Ant Man even do besides shrink and grow?

That's more then what nemesis and she hulk have going on, to be fair. Heres some more from that twitter that explains him.

-you always begin fight as ant-man, -ant-man is the size of servbot, giant-man is the size of sentinel

"trickiest character in the game", says friend

-down, down + s changes between ant-man & giant-man (name on health bar changes, too)

-ant-man form is weak and fast, giant-man form is slow and powerful

(as ant-man) qcf + atk - run (during command run) l - front flip (during command run) m - jump side kick (during run) h - flying punch

(as ant-man) ch. back forward + atk - hops onto bug and flies forward, (as ant-man) qcb + atk - summons a bug to fly in at various angles

(as giant-man) qcf + atk - wallbounce kick, (as giant-man) dpm + atk - ground pound punch

(as ant-man) qcf + atk atk - a ton of insects fly at the opponent, (as giant-man) qcf + atk atk - grows incredibly large and stomps foot

(as ant-man) qcb + atk atk - 5 second speed increase, (as giant-man) qcb + atk atk - 5 second hyper armor

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

darealkooky posted:

That's more then what nemesis and she hulk have going on, to be fair. Heres some more from that twitter that explains him.

Nemesis has tentacles and a rocket launcher, and She-Hulk has professional wrestling (i'm assuming that's actually comic accurate and not a Marvel-exclusive moveset).

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe
There is absolutely zero chance that anything on that twitter account is real. From the proposed name to the new character list to the new moves; every single thing is utter and complete bullshit and while Capcom may give us *something* in the form of a balance patch at some point everything on that twitter account is a giant flaming pile of lies.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I doubt it's real, Ant-man is just too odd of a choice.

I mean why go with him when you could use characters that could be promotions for the Avengers movie? They could use Nick Fury, Loki or even Thanos over Ant-man.

Plus, it's going to be really weird when Hawkeye uses his lv.3 super on Ant/giant man.

republic
Aug 15, 2004

FUN FOR THE FUN GOD
FRIENDS FOR THE FRIENDSHIP THRONE

It honestly just feels dumb enough to be plausible. I guess we'll see in a few days.

Bitch Twinkles
Nov 5, 2007

HAVE COURAGE PLAY ST MODE
Isn't AntMan in the cartoon? Not like rocket raccoon/nova were in the films up to that point either

basically, don't loving jinx the idea of cyclops lol

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Correnth posted:

everything on that twitter account is a giant flaming pile of lies.
Yeah, especially because any true Marvel fan knows it wouldn't be called "UMvC3: Uncanny Edition" but rather, "UMvC3: The End".

(Secretly hoping everything on that twitter account is real.)

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Yeah, especially because any true Marvel fans knows it wouldn't be called "UMvC3: Uncanny Edition" but rather, "UMvC3: The End".

No, they'll call it the longest name possible.

Super Ultimate Astonishing Amazing Spectacular Uncanny Web of Marvel vs. Capcom 3: fate of 2 worlds third strike 3D edition.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
This just in: Ant Man's level 3 hyper is called "Domestic Violence".

JesusLovesRonwell fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 4, 2012

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Pixeltendo posted:

I doubt it's real, Ant-man is just too odd of a choice.

I mean why go with him when you could use characters that could be promotions for the Avengers movie? They could use Nick Fury, Loki or even Thanos over Ant-man.

Plus, it's going to be really weird when Hawkeye uses his lv.3 super on Ant/giant man.

Why would they need to promote the Avengers movie vs promoting things to come? There is an Ant Man movie in the works...though not using Thanos over Ant Man is really weird.

And the stuff sounds stupid enough to be Capcom. Reuse Ant Man's model from Hawkeye's Level 3, reuse Servbot's model, make new models for Cyclops and Megaman but reuse their movesets from Marvel 2.
I doubt it's true, but it's one of those rare lists that just sounds underwhelming enough to be right.

Bitch Twinkles
Nov 5, 2007

Uncanny is also the prefix of the new Avengers comic coming out post AvX, so calling it that sounds about right. Gene SPLICE

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

I wonder how powerful they're gonna make Dark Phoenix Cyclops :v:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I just heard that when you select Megaman, as soon as the match starts, he turns into Super Skrull. This is 100% true according to my uncle who works at Capcom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitch Twinkles
Nov 5, 2007

Krad posted:

I just heard that when you select Megaman, as soon as the match starts, he turns into Super Skrull. This is 100% true according to my uncle who works at Capcom.

It's a cross company version of Secret Invasion. Best change they could possibly make to this version is restoring the Super Skrull voice clip for Inferno from vanilla.

• Locked thread