Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

FSLink posted:

make new models for Cyclops and Megaman but reuse their movesets from Marvel 2.

cyclops had strider syndrome where he had a bunch of cool ideas for moves that just sucked rear end, so if they buff them like they did for strider he'd be pretty solid.

megaman apparently gets three more guns and doesn't need to do that stupid weapon switch stuff anymore/isn't in a game that has cable in it so I think he could be pretty solid.

Like, I'm not buying this untill I see it, but it's not as terrible as you're making it out to be. Servebot seems like a waste with wright/racoon in the game, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

darealkooky posted:

cyclops had strider syndrome where he had a bunch of cool ideas for moves that just sucked rear end, so if they buff them like they did for strider he'd be pretty solid.

megaman apparently gets three more guns and doesn't need to do that stupid weapon switch stuff anymore/isn't in a game that has cable in it so I think he could be pretty solid.

Like, I'm not buying this untill I see it, but it's not as terrible as you're making it out to be. Servebot seems like a waste with wright/racoon in the game, though.

I'm not saying it's too terrible, since I'd love Cyclops and Megaman in the game. I just think that the rumor sounds lazy enough to be Capcom. Adding 3 more powers to Megaman is of course a lot less work than actually making a new character moveset.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Just give Sentinel the full screen rocket punch xx hsf loop back. That's my expansion patch sorted right there.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Metrohunter posted:

Just give Sentinel the full screen rocket punch xx hsf loop back. That's my expansion patch sorted right there.

Whoa there! That sounds like another health nerf for old Sentinel.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I refuse to believe that twitter as it has no mention of Gene

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

darealkooky posted:

Cyclops and Strider were both good in MvC2 though... and Cyke was amazing in XMvSF, same with strider in mvc1.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

I didn't say they were bad. Just that nobody ever used poo poo like striders wall cling or cykes charge moves, but then ultimate came were we live in opposite land where orbs are bad and everything else is amazing.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

darealkooky posted:

I didn't say they were bad. Just that nobody ever used poo poo like striders wall cling or cykes charge moves, but then ultimate came were we live in opposite land where orbs are bad and everything else is amazing.

You know...if Ouroboros cost two bars instead of three, would Strider be as assy as he is right now? Or would they need to buff the damage on his moves to make him competitive instead?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

DO Captain America and Frank West have any synergy? Like, is there any sort of gimmick with Captain America on point to level up Frank West coming in as the middle character? Also, you can use Nova's overhead assist to take two pictures with Frank West, right? Does anyone know what the timing/technique of that is?

I've been fiddling with a new pocket team of Captain America/Frank West/Nova that's pretty fun, just wanna see how far I can take it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

DO Captain America and Frank West have any synergy? Like, is there any sort of gimmick with Captain America on point to level up Frank West coming in as the middle character? Also, you can use Nova's overhead assist to take two pictures with Frank West, right? Does anyone know what the timing/technique of that is?

The only possible synergy I can see CapAm having with Frank besides the obvious "use shopping cart all day" sorta thing would be doing combo into Hyper Charging Star and DHCing into shopping cart super, which if it hits with the opponent high enough, Frank can follow up with a quick S sj.S land Camera.

For Nova, do Nova combo into superjump height Nova Force super. DHC about 2/3rds into it (you want to hear "The power of FRANK") to the pie hyper. Mash assist, and when you see Nova come out, do Camera. Nova assist hits, you do DP+M and get second Camera (corner only? I don't remember).

If you start the combo with Frank, I imagine the timing would still be the same.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Do Captain America and Frank West have any synergy?

I can't see any obvious synergy. None of Cap's supers last long enough or do enough hits in a team hyper combo for frank west to finish his shopping cart and take pics to get to level 4. Cap doesn't really have a lot of high-combo count bnbs either.

Edit: Beaten.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Captain America/Frank West/Nova

I tooled around with that for a bit a while back (well, Cap/Nova/Frank), and it really doesn't work as well as one might hope. It all kinda falls apart without TACs. As for the Nova assist bit, though, you'll want to call Nova just as you land, and delay the gently caress out of the camera shot. As in, wait until Nova's just about in the air before doing it, because it takes him so long to get out. After that, it's doing the M kick and taking a second shot (or a third if you've got yourself a nice wallbounce assist).

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Transient People posted:

You know...if Ouroboros cost two bars instead of three, would Strider be as assy as he is right now? Or would they need to buff the damage on his moves to make him competitive instead?

Strider is a good, competitive character as-is o_0

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Japanese UMvC3 players are at the FGTV house today, along with Zak Bennett, Yipes, Dieminion, and MarlinPie. http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive2

Gonna post this in the watch pro SF thread too but I found this thread first

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Jmcrofts posted:

Strider is a good, competitive character as-is o_0

Yeah, but more because of his team utility as an *AMAZING* assist than as a character. He has all the tools, but the damage is so incredibly low on him that he can't do anchor duties well (compared to say, Vergil, Spencer, Phoenix...the better anchors just leave him in the dust), which inhibits his potential. If you're saying that those characters should eat damage nerfs I can get behind that though, but as it is now Strider is carried a lot by Vajra. Maybe I'm missing something though?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Something interesting to think about that might confirm this is a fake, look at the character select screen

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultimate_Marvel_vs_Capcom_3

All the characters are connected by series/a theme aside from modok/skrull/tasky/doom, look at where the megaman/x-men characters are, they'd need to completely re-do the character select screen. Which seems probable, until...

That twitter page posted:

i was asked about this: char-select screen apparently the same, the new chars replace the 'capcom' and 'marvel' logos

Unless they're going to completely dump this theme, this doesn't make sense.

Shame, some of the stuff he said seemed pretty cool and not just VENOM AND X AND GAMBIT ARE BACK OH MAN OH MAN

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

darealkooky posted:

All the characters are connected by series/a theme aside from modok/skrull/tasky/doom,

Miscellaneous Marvel villains is pretty close to a category

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

darealkooky posted:

Something interesting to think about that might confirm this is a fake, look at the character select screen

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultimate_Marvel_vs_Capcom_3

All the characters are connected by series/a theme aside from modok/skrull/tasky/doom, look at where the megaman/x-men characters are, they'd need to completely re-do the character select screen. Which seems probable, until...

Unless they're going to completely dump this theme, this doesn't make sense.

Shame, some of the stuff he said seemed pretty cool and not just VENOM AND X AND GAMBIT ARE BACK OH MAN OH MAN

Maybe, but it's not like they can just switch things around, for all we know he's just referring to the layout is still a comic book spread and not something new.

Not saying this is all true, it's probably a very elaborate fake, but yea.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Do we really need to extensively discuss every fake Twitter account just because one happened to be right once?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Yeah, don't be stupid.

Any hawkeye players out there? Does he have anything better combo wise besides stuff -> ice relaunch -> poison -> super?

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Do we really need to extensively discuss every fake Twitter account just because one happened to be right once?

Yes. Get hype!

Also, Spiderman is sandwiched between two X-Men characters, and Dr. Strange is at the top of the "Misc. Marvel Villains" column. So take that, thematic unity and aesthetics.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

darealkooky posted:

Yeah, don't be stupid.

Any hawkeye players out there? Does he have anything better combo wise besides stuff -> ice relaunch -> poison -> super?

I never got to try it out on the field, but if you do one final OTG with f.M and then hit with the slide, you can cancel it with a THC, which means if you have a teammate with a really long super (like say, Dante) you're free to do whatever after a Gimlet. Experiment! :downs:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

darealkooky posted:

Yeah, don't be stupid.

Tune it to FGTV's Stream 2. Yipes is playing Japan's Mamespider right now and doing SICK Hawkeye combos. for instance, he just combo'd an OTG Super Scattershot into superjump electric arrow into Gimlet. Never seen that one before!

GoodCleanFun
Jan 28, 2004

Transient People posted:

Tune it to FGTV's Stream 2. Yipes is playing Japan's Mamespider right now and doing SICK Hawkeye combos. for instance, he just combo'd an OTG Super Scattershot into superjump electric arrow into Gimlet. Never seen that one before!

Combofiend was doing that in December.

Erik The Viking
Apr 12, 2012

by Fistgrrl
I just finished watching the Curleh Mustache 4 archive and I have to say that not only was it Hype As gently caress, but if this is the standard of play we're gonna see at EVO then we are definitely going to continue the trend of "every EVO is better than the last one".

If you haven't seen it yet check it out. It's really really good.

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/323402568

edit: Also all that twitter poo poo is a dumb pile of lies but I have to admit it's fun to fantasize.

Erik The Viking fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 5, 2012

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The twitter also mentions this, but it's kind of dumb to say something's going to be announced in 2 days if you're doing a hoax. You should try to push it off to a nebulous date in the future, so that way people talk about your dumb poo poo for longer. Even then, you don't give an exact date because it's instant proof that you're wrong.

Erik The Viking
Apr 12, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Broken Loose posted:

The twitter also mentions this, but it's kind of dumb to say something's going to be announced in 2 days if you're doing a hoax. You should try to push it off to a nebulous date in the future, so that way people talk about your dumb poo poo for longer. Even then, you don't give an exact date because it's instant proof that you're wrong.

I don't think the twitter troll cares. I think he/she is just trying to troll people and doesn't care that their lies will get exposed this weekend.

edit: Speaking of which, is there gonna be a dedicated EVO TVIV thread this year? Last year's was really fun and I hope someone makes one.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Tonight Winners get a free copy of Uncanny If it turns out to be true I actually will by you a copy
July 5th 9PMEst/6PMPst irc://irc.synirc.net/sa-mvc3

:itjb:Xbox:itjb:
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/eigypsq77u

:spidey:Ps3:spidey:
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/8obp2du5vt

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Erik The Viking posted:

I just finished watching the Curleh Mustache 4 archive and I have to say that not only was it Hype As gently caress, but if this is the standard of play we're gonna see at EVO then we are definitely going to continue the trend of "every EVO is better than the last one".

CM4 grand final was disappointing, I hope that doesn't become the standard.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
So they announced thew new Marvel game...but it's not quite the same as the "leaker" predicted it would be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM8Ga--dcAI

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

X-Men vs Street Fighter...?

Erik The Viking
Apr 12, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Double Bill posted:

CM4 grand final was disappointing, I hope that doesn't become the standard.

Really? I thought it was pretty hype, although I wish Dios X had won.

I'm watching the Yipes/PChamp FT20 now and this is some really good stuff. Plus the trash talk is off the chain.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

bouncyman posted:

So they announced thew new Marvel game...but it's not quite the same as the "leaker" predicted it would be

At least people won't complain that Megaman isn't present in the next Marvel game? :shobon:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
CAPCOM WHY ISN'T ZERO IN THIS GAME? :argh:

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Erik The Viking posted:

Really? I thought it was pretty hype, although I wish Dios X had won.

I'm watching the Yipes/PChamp FT20 now and this is some really good stuff. Plus the trash talk is off the chain.

Got a link to the FT20?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Compliments of the Let's Watch Pro Street Fighter thread,

iPodschun posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive/b/323722365 around 4:45:00 is where the FT20 starts, for those who missed it.

Coughing-up Tweed
Jun 12, 2006

FWIW, Niitsuma is saying the rumors are false on twitter. Water=wet in other news.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

bouncyman posted:

The idealist in me says they've learned their lessons from MvC2's appalling conversion but the realist in me knows they probably haven't.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Well, Ybrik, what's the new prize going to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

ConanThe3rd posted:

The idealist in me says they've learned their lessons from MvC2's appalling conversion but the realist in me knows they probably haven't.
Looks like another Iron Galaxy effort, based on the mini-achievements. They did a good enough job on 3S, gripes about 'arcade perfect' aside.

• Locked thread