Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Has anybody else been interested by Railhammer pickups? They're the brainchild of Joe Naylor, the founder of Reverend Guitars. I've been listening to the YouTube demo a bunch, and I'm actually on the verge of splurging on them as soon as I have the money.

Actually, I'd probably just get the bridge pup. I'm probably going to get a GFS Mean 90 to put in the neck of my AL-3000. By chance I saw a video of Joe Walsh, and was surprised to see him playing my dream guitar, a Duesenberg Starplayer TV, which also has the P90/bucker combo. It sounded great.

If/when I take my guitar in I'll be talking to my guitar tech about my options. I'm also thinking about getting the railhammer coilsplit (you can see my comment on the video, to which Naylor responded himself - pretty cool), and whether I might get the p90 a push/pull to reverse phase to cancel hum when the 'bucker is in single coil... I'm getting way ahead of myself, but it's a lot of fun to think about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

syntaxfunction posted:

After I learn some basics I'm looking to get an electric too. I've been eyeing the Schecter SGR 006 because it seems like good quality, looks pretty, and most importantly has a string through/no tremelo bridge. I'm not a fan of LPs (I don't like the way they sit when I've tried them) but I really don't want to mess with a tremelo system I won't use. And that cuts down a lot of my choices because it seems like every beginner electric has a friggin' tremelo.

Any opinions?

You can block most trems anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkj8p4Z3Rjg

And basically you have a guitar with a trem that doesn't do anything, so you can get whatever you want! Honestly you probably wouldn't want to get one with a locking tremolo (like a Floyd Rose) if you're never going to use it, since it's more awkward to string and tune up, but a regular trem won't make your life any harder and it'll give you options if you ever want to unblock it

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 1, 2012

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I've started noticing a slight buzzing in my 6th string when playing it open (also on the 2nd but it only happens sometimes when I play an F chord so that's probably me sucking).

I tried adjusting the saddles a bit, and noticed that the action in the higher frets is actually quite high already (around 3mm?), and it's not even all along the neck. I dug a bit and read somewhere a way of checking if the truss rod, putting a capo on the 1st fret, pushing down on the last one and measuring the distance to the neck at the 7th fret, and well, it's already touching the frets at the 7th if I do that.

I know the answer is going to be "go have it set up", but I'll have to do a bit of research as I don't know good luthiers around here, but in the meanwhile, is there something else I should check? Is what I described the correct way to check the adjustment for the truss rod?

Cheers.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
3mm is very low action. Do you mean 3cm?

I'd just bring it to a guitar center or something. You only need a very good luthier if need to repair damage on an antique instrument or something. For basic action adjustment or something you really just need a regular guitar tech.

Salt Fish fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 2, 2012

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Salt Fish posted:

3mm is very low action. Do you mean 3cm?

I'd just bring it to a guitar center or something. You only need a very good luthier if need to repair damage on an antique instrument or something. For basic action adjustment or something you really just need a regular guitar tech.

No, 3mm, around a tenth of an inch. 3cm is 1.2 inches, I'm not sure how that would even look. :v:

I'll call a friend of mine who is more savvy than I am to see if he knows someone I can take it to.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
So I'll probably be posting a lot of questions while I'm learning, if that's fine by you guys. I can't afford a tutor so JustinGuitar it is! I'm trying to focus on one thing a day unless I'm really comfortable with how it is (I'm not worried about learning quickly).

So the first lesson is a D chord and I already have a problem/question. The finger pattern plain doesn't work for me. My third finger always mutes the e string no matter how high I try and push it up. I have, however, discovered that using my pinky instead makes it easy as hell. Is this poor form and I should hammer away trying to use my third finger or is this one of those "everyone's different" moments?

Edit: So I just kept at it with my third finger and it's getting easier to the point where it all rings out neatly half the time. Learning!

syntaxfunction fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jul 2, 2012

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

syntaxfunction posted:

So I'll probably be posting a lot of questions while I'm learning, if that's fine by you guys. I can't afford a tutor so JustinGuitar it is! I'm trying to focus on one thing a day unless I'm really comfortable with how it is (I'm not worried about learning quickly).

So the first lesson is a D chord and I already have a problem/question. The finger pattern plain doesn't work for me. My third finger always mutes the e string no matter how high I try and push it up. I have, however, discovered that using my pinky instead makes it easy as hell. Is this poor form and I should hammer away trying to use my third finger or is this one of those "everyone's different" moments?

Edit: So I just kept at it with my third finger and it's getting easier to the point where it all rings out neatly half the time. Learning!
Thumb on the back of the neck, curl your fingers, practice. This helps you position your fingers better. Pebber Brown on YouTube is an excellent resource, though more formal.

I tend to cheat though and barre with my first finger

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

syntaxfunction posted:

The first few chords are the hardest, not because they're complicated but because you keep thinking that you just can't do them and you think it's physically impossible for your fingers to do it and yadda yadda. I started out (with JustinGuitar as well) around January, and I kept loving up E, but as you've seen, it starts sounding a bit better every time you pick up the guitar and eventually you'll get it right every time without even thinking about it.

Until you hit C.

And then F. gently caress F.

/edit: I don't know if it's your case, but I realized that I was using too much strength when trying to form chords and that screwed up my hand position most of the times. Remember to put your fingers as close to the fret as possible and try to figure out what's the minimum pressure you need to apply for it to sound clean so you don't overdo it.

duckfarts posted:

I tend to cheat though and barre with my first finger

How the hell have I never thought of this. :catstare:

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 2, 2012

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
I'm looking to buy a nice little 1x10 or 1x12 combo amp for my apartment just to gently caress around with. My friend suggested a Marshall Class5 5W (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/marshall-class5-5w-1x10-tube-guitar-combo-amp/h73029), but before he sent that I was kind of leaning towards a solid state. Any suggestions? I like playing lots of different styles, so I'd like whatever it is to have a wide variety of tones available at lower levels as I have old codger apartment neighbors.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I will never not recommend some version of the Roland Cube for nearly every purpose: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/roland-cube-80xl-80w-1x12-guitar-combo-amp
That one's 80 watts, but there's other lower wattage ones. Wattage isn't really that big of a deal with solid state amps in my experience, so if you're into it, just get whatever one has the best feature/speaker size/price ratios.

As far as tube amps go, there's the Blackstar HT-5 line: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/blackstar-ht-series-ht-5r-tube-guitar-combo-amp
The HT-5R has onboard reverb, but if you don't want that, go for the HT-5C. The 2011 5C has a 10 inch speaker, while the 2012 model has the 12" one.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
If you look at the 'new gear' thread, we were just discussing how nice the Vox DA5 was. Even for a solid state. Shame it's discontinued.

But there's something new out there and I'd like reviews on it. It's only a 6.5", but, well, good enough for apartment fuckery.

Me from the other thread posted:

Anyhow. The point I was making, was that I got a e-mail from Fender trying to sell me things. They've got a new modelling amp.
http://www.fender.com/products/mustang/models.php?prodNo=230006&EDID=5CFYR8H-TPRX8-18KKT8-CX79O-VCZB-v1
The Mustang Mini.
http://youtu.be/XMGaxamHP8M

quote:

quote:

Electronics
Inputs: One
Auxiliary Input: 1/8" Auxiliary Input Jack
Headphone Jack: 1/8" Headphone Jack
Line Out: Speaker Emulated USB Output; 1/8” Headphone Jack Doubles as Speaker Emulated Line Out
Channels: One Channel (with 24 Presets)
Power Handling: 7 Watts
Controls: Preset, Effects, Gain, Volume, Treble, Master, Save Button, Exit Button, Tap Tempo Button
Hardware
Handle: Metal (Doubles as a Tilt-Back Stand)
Front Panel: Black Front Panel
Cover/Grill Cloth: Carbon Tweed Textured Vinyl with Silver Grille Cloth
Output Impedance: 8 Ohms, 6.5" Speaker
Amplifier Length: 6.69" (17 cm)
Amplifier Width: 9.45" (24 cm)
Amplifier Height: 9.45" (24 cm)
Amplifier Weight: 7.25 lbs. (3.3 kg)
Speakers
Speaker Description: 6.5" Speaker
Speaker: 6.5" (16.5 cm)
Miscellaneous
Additional Comments: Amp models include Metal 2000, Super Sonic™, American 90’s, British 80’s, British 60’s, ’65 Twin Reverb®, ’59 Bassman®, ’57 Deluxe™, Plus four additional Models when connected to Fender FUSE software; 12 effects including Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Vibratone, Vintage Tremolo, Octave Down, Small Room Reverb, Fender ’65 Spring Reverb, Stereo Tape Delay, Tape Delay + Room Reverb, Chorus + Hall Reverb, Vibratone + Room Reverb
Unique Features: Uses AC power supply (included) or six C batteries, 8 amp models, 24 presets (additional presets including Artist presets available with free Fender FUSE™ software), Digital chromatic tuner, Metal handle doubles as a tilt-back stand, Two “quick access” presets can be selected with (optional) one-button footswitch, Stereo headphone output for silent practice or line out, USB connection for FUSE application and digital recording output

Certainly looks promising. Retail $174.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/fender-mustang-mini-7w-1x6.5-battery-powered-guitar-combo-amp

$129 at Musician's Friend. Does have the ability to pull half the back off for the open back sound, it looks like.

Quote from the youtube, on how it was recorded.

quote:

Before you burn anything, let me assure you that what you are hearing is representative of the amp's tone. We had two Minis at each shoot. One on camera and one off. We mic'd the off camera Mini with a Blue Yeti and ran it into Ableton Live. It's a USB mic so that allowed us to record everything on location without AC power. Backing tracks were played thru an iPod into the AUX. Rick dialed in a tone and just improvised the riffs. What you see and hear is real. Guaranteed.

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 2, 2012

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

Warcabbit posted:

If you look at the 'new gear' thread, we were just discussing how nice the Vox DA5 was. Even for a solid state. Shame it's discontinued.

The DA5 is discontinued but the Mini 3 is pretty great for a small modelling amp, especially for $100.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
One of the nice things about the DA5, to my experience, was the life the Cs gave it. The AAs the Mini3 have are nice, but I don't think they'd last as long. (Also, believe it or not, I like the heft they give the amp.)

The Mini3 is great for a practice amp, but I'm not so sure it'd step up to the plate the way a DA5 would, for recording.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
Stupid question:

I've decided I want to buy a really nice, large-bodied, full-sounding, steel-string acoustic guitar. I'm prepared to spend a bit of money on it (maybe up to £1000).

It's ridiculous because I've been playing guitar for ten years, but I barely know what sort of brands are out there or what I should be looking for. Should I go into shops and say this and play whatever they give me? I feel I'd rather get something second-hand, not just because it's cheaper, but because I want something that feels a bit used and loved and worn in, rather than something that smells of glue.

How should I do this?

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
Thanks for the suggestions all. I went into Guitar Center after I posted and played around a bit on a few amps, particularly the Marshall I mentioned earlier as well as a Vox AC15C1. I'm really digging the Vox even though I said I wasn't really looking for a tube amp. I'll check out the suggestions next time I'm in the store.

RetardedRobots
Dec 19, 2010

Have you seen this man?
Melon "Weed" Dude 1936 - 2011
Rest in peace, you shitposting bastard.

Alman posted:

I'm really digging the Vox even though I said I wasn't really looking for a tube amp.
The AC15 is a bit much for apartment playing. See if you can find a Vox AC4TV; I have both the AC4 and Marshall Class 5 and I much prefer the sound of the Vox in pretty much every way.

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

Got a slight buzz when playing low E string on my Taylor 214ce; took it into the shop, the guy said it was because of the way I was putting the strings into the bridge pins. He fixed it and it was fine; however I am clearly doing something wrong because when I changed the strings the other day the buzz came back.

The tech said that the ball end of the string should be as far up the bridge pin as possible. But this seems almost physically impossible to me; at the moment the ball end of my low E string is at or near the bottom of the pin (i felt under the bridge to check). I totally see how this would result in a buzz, but I don't understand how to get the end up any higher into the pin, it just doesn't seem big enough. Am I missing something here?

revolther
May 27, 2008
I've experienced that problem, mostly with stringing new-to-me acoustics. Sometimes you will be winding a string and get it nearly in tune, then *THUNK* you lose the tension. When you put the string in the bridge-hole, and replace the bridge pin, the string's little circle anchor shouldn't necessarily be IN the pin groove but sort of overlapping it, so that the string fills the groove and the circle anchor gets pulled right up against the bone/wood of the pin/guitar acting as the choke point.

I typically do it all with finesse the first time lining the string up, pushing the pin down while pulling the string taught. Then I give it a really good yank/pull where I worry the ridges of the string might cut my hand while applying a somewhat equal amount of pressure to the pin, and call it a day.

The low-e is the trickiest one, I try to think of it as like a J shape or fishing hook, where all that grippy string is curving into the pin groove, then pull the string & press the pin in at the same time.
Awkward chart.

RetardedRobots
Dec 19, 2010

Have you seen this man?
Melon "Weed" Dude 1936 - 2011
Rest in peace, you shitposting bastard.
^^^ At about 4:40 in, the dude in this video demonstrates / explains this pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIzVdvzn8d8

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

This is all perfect! Thanks guys.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

revolther posted:

I've experienced that problem, mostly with stringing new-to-me acoustics. Sometimes you will be winding a string and get it nearly in tune, then *THUNK* you lose the tension. When you put the string in the bridge-hole, and replace the bridge pin, the string's little circle anchor shouldn't necessarily be IN the pin groove but sort of overlapping it, so that the string fills the groove and the circle anchor gets pulled right up against the bone/wood of the pin/guitar acting as the choke point.

I typically do it all with finesse the first time lining the string up, pushing the pin down while pulling the string taught. Then I give it a really good yank/pull where I worry the ridges of the string might cut my hand while applying a somewhat equal amount of pressure to the pin, and call it a day.

The low-e is the trickiest one, I try to think of it as like a J shape or fishing hook, where all that grippy string is curving into the pin groove, then pull the string & press the pin in at the same time.
Awkward chart.

Is that really how you're supposed to string acoustics? I've been doing it wrong for like 7 years. :v:

Syndic
Jul 5, 2012

RetardedRobots posted:

...See if you can find a Vox AC4TV...

Seconding this suggestion. It's a fantastic little amp for home use and even studio recording. My main amp is a Fender Hotrod Deluxe (which I love, after a speaker switch and a re-tube) and I wanted something smaller to use at home. Being able to knock the wattage down through the selector switch lets you get some nice, natural sounding overdrive without earbleeding volume (which is miles better than the sound you'll get from most 'overdrive' channels on other amps).

It's actually *almost* loud enough for use in a band setting, too. Shouldn't be too hard to find one in a store to knock around.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Epi Lepi posted:

Is that really how you're supposed to string acoustics? I've been doing it wrong for like 7 years. :v:

How've you been doing it?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

muike posted:

How've you been doing it?

With the ball end at the end of the peg instead of making a J shape like that pic.

rivid
Jul 17, 2005

Matt 24:44
Hey guys, in a few months it looks like I will be playing a few "shows" (basements and open mics that allow bands I guess?). I still only have my practice amp, and I am in the market for a new one. Everyone I have talked to has said that a 35v amp should work; but I realize that 1. voltage doesn't equal loudness 2. I don't know if the people making the recommendation know that there will be no PA at places I am going. I am thinking about just buying the same exact model of the solid state Marshall our other guitarist was using, just because I know it did what I needed.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Watch For Fleeing Immigrants

Epi Lepi posted:

With the ball end at the end of the peg instead of making a J shape like that pic.

Shouldn't make a difference. by the time you get the tension all the way up it will probably pull the excess length tight up against the underside of the bridge. If your wound string pegs pop out while you're tuning up a new set, that excess length is probably why.

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

rivid posted:

Hey guys, in a few months it looks like I will be playing a few "shows" (basements and open mics that allow bands I guess?). I still only have my practice amp, and I am in the market for a new one. Everyone I have talked to has said that a 35v amp should work; but I realize that 1. voltage doesn't equal loudness 2. I don't know if the people making the recommendation know that there will be no PA at places I am going. I am thinking about just buying the same exact model of the solid state Marshall our other guitarist was using, just because I know it did what I needed.

You want to look at watts, not volts, and even then it depends in part on how loud the drummer is. Solid state amps are also quieter per watt than tube amps. Tube amps change tone based on how much you're pushing them, so a 30 watt tube amp running at or near max volume sounds different than a 100 watt tube amp at the same volume. This can be good or bad depending on the sound you want

All that said, a lot of people do small gigs with 30 watt tube amps and they can work fine.

rivid
Jul 17, 2005

Whoops yeah wattage not volts. I've made that mistake more than once. :/ I didn't know that about tubes though, that's really interesting. It looks like what I need is going to cost more tan I can spend and money is pretty tight right now so I am probably just gonna go along with whatever I can afford.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Is there a name for when people do what looks like an F-chord shape and just move it around the neck?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Is there a name for when people do what looks like an F-chord shape and just move it around the neck?

That's just a barre chord using the F major shape, I think. You can slide it up and down the neck to play the major chords without otherwise changing your fingering.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Edmond Dantes posted:

And then F. gently caress F.

ibntumart posted:

That's just a barre chord using the F major shape, I think. You can slide it up and down the neck to play the major chords without otherwise changing your fingering.
I always think of the F major chord as an E major chord with a barre so you can move it around; makes it easier to remember at least.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Which chords am I playing as I move it around? It is whatever the "root" note is? That'd be whatever note the 6th string is right?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Which chords am I playing as I move it around? It is whatever the "root" note is? That'd be whatever note the 6th string is right?

Yes, hence it being an E shape because with no barre it's an E chord, which is the lowest string. And, of course, F with the first fret barred.

rivid
Jul 17, 2005

Also the barre chords are usually the second variation of the normal chords on here:
http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.
Most of the time the lowest note is the root. There are inversions and other things that mess with that but those will have names that tell you what the new bass note is.

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!
I play just for fun, so I'm wondering if it is worth spending a lot of money on efx pedals or whether I can get basically the same sounds running my guitar through my laptop and connecting it to an amp (I have a few program with digital efx pedals.) if I would get a much better sound from real pedals, what is the basic and affordable set I should get (e.g. distortion, overdrive etc.)

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

silvergoose posted:

Yes, hence it being an E shape because with no barre it's an E chord, which is the lowest string. And, of course, F with the first fret barred.

Ah cool, things are making sense now!

Dan Hollis posted:

I play just for fun, so I'm wondering if it is worth spending a lot of money on efx pedals or whether I can get basically the same sounds running my guitar through my laptop and connecting it to an amp (I have a few program with digital efx pedals.) if I would get a much better sound from real pedals, what is the basic and affordable set I should get (e.g. distortion, overdrive etc.)

One advantage is that you can easily turn the effect on and off while playing. I have a modelling amp (I think) where it fakes different pedal effects and it'd be nice to be able to easily kill effects.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Ah cool, things are making sense now!

Basically if you learn the notes on the bottom string, you can move the F barre chord to the relevant fret and get any major chord you want - it works for any shape too, so move an F minor barre to the 5th fret (A) and you get an Am chord, or move the F7 shape to get A7, and so on.

(slightly more complicated stuff below)
Usually people learn two kinds, the F shape (or some people call it the E shape), or root 6 barre (since the root of the chord is the note on the 6th string), and the B (or A) shape, or root 5 barre, where the note on the 5th string names the chord. They're what people usually refer to as 'barre chords', and if you play the lowest two or three notes of those shapes you get power chords, for rockin'. But you can actually barre lots of different shapes:
http://www.justinguitar.com/en/TB-030-CAGEDsystemVid.php

What makes a certain chord is the relationships between the different notes, the intervals - like the distances between them. If you move the entire shape up or down the neck, you're still maintaining the same relationships by moving every note the same distance. But if there are open strings, those notes will stay where they are, and their relationships to all the other moving notes will change. So when you barre, you're basically bringing all the open string notes along for the ride, so all the relationships stay the same. That's why an F is basically an E chord, every note moved one fret higher, and a barre thrown on to move all the open string notes to the first fret

Dan Hollis posted:

What would bother me most about that setup is the lag between playing and hearing it - depends on your hardware though. I know a lot of people like professional stuff like Amplitube (which has a free version), so you should get some decent sounds if you're using good plugins, but honestly the best thing you could do is look at some demo videos on youtube, and maybe go try a few out at a guitar store. Your other option is a multi-fx, which will give you lots of stuff to play with. But yeah, being able to turn stuff on and off is nice, you can get expression pedals too (to control various things with your foot), and it's there ready to go when inspiration strikes

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dan Hollis posted:

Good advice is above. If you do want to start getting pedals, Danelectro makes cheap and pretty good quality pedals. I have had a few, they were nice. I've also heard good things about guitarfetish and joyo pedals, but I've never used them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
I need a new guitar amp.

I play Strats. I want something that's good enough to record in my budget studio setup, but not so enormous it will literally kill the people who live upstairs.

At the same time, ideally it'd be big enough to gig with, but small enough to carry to gigs.

Thinking Fender Jazz Amp or a Vox AC-something. Thoughts?