Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Woah.

----

e: Sorry it's not much of a photo, this story is too mindblowing to resist. Here he is doffing the pills:

Michael Marin, Convicted Arsonist, Poisoned Himself In Courtroom, Investigators Believe

quote:

PHOENIX -- As the word "guilty" filled the silence of a Phoenix courtroom, defendant Michael Marin closed his eyes, put his head in his hands and appeared to put something in his mouth. He then took a swig from a sports bottle.

Minutes later, the 53-year-old Marin was dead.
Prosecutors said he torched his home when he couldn't keep up with the payments. Marin, an attorney and father of four, faced seven to 21 years in prison.
Marin, a former Wall Street trader, had summited Everest and wrote on his Facebook page that he had scaled six of the world's seven tallest mountains. He also was an art collector who had original Picassos.

Prosecutors painted him as a desperate man who had $50 in his bank account in July 2009, down from $900,000 a year earlier. He also had a monthly mortgage payment on the mansion of $17,250 and an upcoming balloon payment of $2.3 million.

Marin also owed $2,500 a month on a different home and owed $34,000 in taxes, prosecutors said.

On July 5, 2009, Marin told investigators that he escaped a blaze in his 10,000-sqaure-foot mansion in a posh part of Phoenix using a rope ladder and wearing scuba gear to avoid inhaling smoke.

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 6, 2012

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

(Turned out they really were murderers and that this was the one good thing the Daily Mail ever did)

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Saint Sputnik posted:

Woah.

----

e: Sorry it's not much of a photo, this story is too mindblowing to resist. Here he is doffing the pills:

Michael Marin, Convicted Arsonist, Poisoned Himself In Courtroom, Investigators Believe

Feelgood story of the day.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

On July 4, 2012 A single engine plane piloted by a team from Sweden left Lithuania airspace, flew into Belarusian airspace undetected and dropped several hundred teddy bears on a Belarusian town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPGmrFH-5no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btmb6CER6_s

Lithuanian defense confirmed on July 5 that Belarusian airspace was breached from Lithuania, but wouldn't comment what kind of airplane did the breaching. The Belarusian Defense ministry insists no such thing happened and the video was a clever photoshop.

The mayor of the town also made an official statement that no one dropped bears on the town. Some residents have come forward and said they did find bears.

The stunt was sponsored and payed for by /Studio Out, which has a reputation for staging hoaxes. They insist this time it wasn't a hoax and they spent about a million Kroner on the project that took a year of planning.

Whether it is true or not, Belarusians are laughing off the stunt and comparing it to German pilot Mathias Rust, the man who landed a plane in Red Square in 1987.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wue02Y0lS38

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 6, 2012

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Say hello to the tallest building in Europe (also weird aesthetics for London)

Looks better in red:

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

For a price of only $1,675, get like $200 bucks worth of survival money!

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
That's a pretty good article:
http://books.google.com/books?id=rlUEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA100

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 10, 2012

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Aufzug Taube! posted:

For a price of only $1,675, get like $200 bucks worth of survival money!

According to my father, that's like $10000 worth of silver and gold, so that's probably fake or being sold by an imbecile.

EDIT: Crap, megarule. Have an old favorite of mine.

Kavak fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 6, 2012

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
In honor of Thaddeus McCotter, who just resigned from Congress.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

JoelJoel posted:

Looks better in red:

Would look even better (almost good, perhaps) with, say, several passenger planes in it.

My London...

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Dubai made me almost hate skyscrapers, but the shard has rekindled my love. That's a drat nice design.

So when are the tory's going to install AA batteries and snipers up there for OLYMPIC SECURITY?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Joementum posted:

In honor of Thaddeus McCotter, who just resigned from Congress.

Good riddance to that dirtbag. Michigan rejoices tonight in the triple digit heat.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Ras Het posted:

Would look even better (almost good, perhaps) with, say, several passenger planes in it.

My London...

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Old! The UK no longer has aircraft carriers! (The Tories are currently frittering hundreds of millions of pounds on the question of whether the new ones will carry F35As or F35Bs)

Reference to Rand Paul

Solutrean Migration Hypothesis (basically that Basques got to America and died off before Siberians crossed the Bering Strait)

From a recent demonstration against the impending privatisation of the NHS

Gold never goes down

The New Soviet Man in the Moon

Work by Kehinde Wiley

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 7, 2012

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Shitheels playing guitar, ahoy!

sum
Nov 15, 2010

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Not shown: 1948-1967

quote:

Ahahaha oh I get it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Burn America to the ground.

The following are all real and unironic

I remember a photoshop books based on these books a few years back but I can't find it due to not having archives.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

'The Crusades were defensive conflicts'

:suicide:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

TheIllestVillain posted:

'The Crusades were defensive conflicts'

:suicide:

Eh, sort of? The Byzantines asked for help in pushing back the Turks after Manzikert, and things kinda spiraled out of control from there.

For Example, here are the crusaders attempting to convince the Byzantines to pay their cab fare to the holy land:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

sullat posted:

Eh, sort of? The Byzantines asked for help in pushing back the Turks after Manzikert, and things kinda spiraled out of control from there.

The retaking of territory lost to the Seljuks was basically left to Byzantium, though. The Crusaders were far more interested in conquering and dividing up the Levant. The Second and Third Crusades were dedicated to defending or retaking the conquests made in the First, the Fourth ended with Constantinople being sacked like you showed, and the remaining (numbered) Crusades were half-assed invasions that came to little.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

"Is terrible for the environment."

lol. When's the last time anyone conservative even faked giving a poo poo about the environment?

Nicaragua:

Bhopal Disaster:

Probably :nws: and :nms: http://i.imgur.com/9YTLB.jpg

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

Burn America to the ground.

"Made in China." By this now apparently defunct Chinese company:

http://www.megabangerfireworks.com/

Seems like a more racist version of this:

Anyway, pictures:

Sir John Falstaff fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 7, 2012

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

These two contradict each other, the first one says (correctly, and surprisingly given the source) that Islamic fundamentalism isn't ancient, the second more or less explicitly says that modern fundamentalists are the same as the people who fought the Crusaders. A more sympathetic source might make the claim that they have the same motives in the sense that they're fighting a defensive battle against Western invaders but considering the fact that the guy who wrote it seems to think the Crusades were entirely defensive on the part of the Christians I highly doubt that's what he's trying to say.

To satisfy the megarule have some barriers and walls:
Cyprus:

West Bank:

Korea:

Spanish City of Melilla's border with Morocco:

US/Mexico border:

Moroccan Berm in the Western Sahara:

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

stereobreadsticks posted:

To satisfy the megarule have some barriers and walls:
Cyprus:

Have some Varosha, Cyprus' "Forbidden Zone."

Formerly a Greek suburb of Famagusta, Varosha was abandoned in 1974 when Turkey invaded the island and forced the Greek residents out. Rumor has it there's a car dealership with 1974-era cars still in there. But you might get shot for trying to take a peek.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Since you mentioned Kabul,

1970 and 2010

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

I'm sure "Marlin Albert" appreciated those sentiments.

\/\/\/\/ Yeah, that was what I was getting at, mostly. It's pretty ridiculous.

Sir John Falstaff fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 7, 2012

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Sir John Falstaff posted:

I'm sure "Marlin Albert" appreciated those sentiments.

If you don't get it:

It's the Taliban. They don't want to acknowledge the existence of a female and a Jew being the person they're expected to talk to. So they make up a male-sounding name, close their eyes and think of England Allah.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I can't tell if this is Ayn Rand or Carl Sagan.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Moon Monster posted:

I can't tell if this is Ayn Rand or Carl Sagan.

It has a warm, genuine smile, so it's Sagan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fractal Cat
Jun 25, 2010

I'm a Bro-ny!

What, what is that even suposed to be? Other then horribly offensive.

and pictures:

• Locked thread