Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giant Squid
May 17, 2005
Tentacles rise from the sea...

bobkatt013 posted:

Wrestle Shoot.

Let me clarify: Who is the person saying these things that are being quoted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Giant Squid posted:

Let me clarify: Who is the person saying these things that are being quoted?
That's the person, it's his blog and Twitter.

Giant Squid
May 17, 2005
Tentacles rise from the sea...

Flameingblack posted:

That's the person, it's his blog and Twitter.

So these are just the random opinions of some unknown individual who runs a wrestling blog? I guess I assumed that these were quotes from a shoot interview with a wrestler or someone relatively well-known in the business.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Giant Squid posted:

So these are just the random opinions of some unknown individual who runs a wrestling blog? I guess I assumed that these were quotes from a shoot interview with a wrestler or someone relatively well-known in the business.

A guy with a serious obsession with Kelly Kelly we should mention. Most of his arguments come back to the insistence that whatever someone did, Kelly could've done better. It's hilarious since he seems to have very little knowledge of Kelly's time in WWECW, as well as not knowing she's not really with WWE anymore. So his arguments are usually filled with hilarious holes and the smell of a guy who desperately wants to be seen as insightful when he's using the term "internet mark" like punctuation and ignoring the fact that Kelly Kelly just isn't a very good wrestler.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
I feel that what should be done about Wrestle Shoot is to just ignore him. So much of his bullshit strikes me a trollish, and you never feed a troll.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

im really happy to always read about the guy that says the same things every day

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

The Shaman of Cum posted:

im really happy to always read about the guy that says the same things every day

Please tell us your opinions of PWG, Chikara

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

Please tell us your opinions of PWG, Chikara

pwg is good and chikara is bad but i dont know what that has to do with anything

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The Shaman of Cum posted:

pwg is good and chikara is bad but i dont know what that has to do with anything

He's saying you say the same stuff all the time in the indie thread.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I've edited this post like 6 times now but really, so does everybody else in that thread.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jul 6, 2012

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

I've edited this post like 6 times now but really, so does everybody else in that thread.

This is actually true, it's the closest we have to a fanboyism thread around here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

He's saying you say the same stuff all the time in the indie thread.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Oh, now you got jokes?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Has Lance Storm always been a massive idiot about mental illness and depression or is it a recent thing?

Lance Storm posted:

News story insinuating spanking kids leads to mental illness, yet today there is less spanking and WAY more mental illness

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Has Lance Storm always been a massive idiot about mental illness and depression or is it a recent thing?

Wrestlers are just coming to terms with the idea that being smashed in the head with large metal chairs may have long term effects. Lance may be one of the better wrestlers for this but he's still a wrestler.

Probably a lot of "DIDN'T DO ME ANY HARM NOW EXCUSE ME AS I PUT ON SOME TIGHTS AND TRAIN PEOPLE TO FAKE FIGHT FOR A LIVING" mentality going on.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Gonzo McFee posted:

Wrestlers are just coming to terms with the idea that being smashed in the head with large metal chairs may have long term effects. Lance may be one of the better wrestlers for this but he's still a wrestler.

Probably a lot of "DIDN'T DO ME ANY HARM NOW EXCUSE ME AS I PUT ON SOME TIGHTS AND TRAIN PEOPLE TO FAKE FIGHT FOR A LIVING" mentality going on.

He tweets a lot, a LOT, about how antidepressants are a scam by Big Pharma and actually lead to mass suicides or whatever

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

hahahahaha, yes spanking is the only cause of mental illness.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Jelq Swagger posted:

hahahahaha, yes spanking is the only cause of mental illness.

Also he doesn't seem to consider that mental illness seems like it's more prevalent because the tools for diagnosing it are better than they used to be, but hell, who needs doctors with all their fancy book learnin'

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

drat, Storm always struck me as a rational and intelligent guy by the admittedly abysmal standards of the business, that sucks to read that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Maybe, but he's always been iffy with the whole jokes thing.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I have a feeling this discussion might lead to a lot of really simple arguing and a whole lot of strawmen, much like Storm's original statement.

Might be best to just consider it Storm shooting at the hip and not thinking about what the gently caress he's saying.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lone Rogue posted:

I have a feeling this discussion might lead to a lot of really simple arguing and a whole lot of strawmen, much like Storm's original statement.

Might be best to just consider it Storm shooting at the hip and not thinking about what the gently caress he's saying.

He then says this

quote:

Also poorer heath, mental and otherwise, way more a result of chemical ladden food supply and lack of proper nutrition.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Oh Lance Storm, please don't talk about anything other than why wrestling is bad.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

bobkatt013 posted:

He then says this

...oy.

Lance Storm: Only a professional at a rolling crab

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
You guys are disputing having a lovely diet can lead to poor health? :psyduck:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

He tweets a lot, a LOT, about how antidepressants are a scam by Big Pharma and actually lead to mass suicides or whatever

I'm reading the tweets now. A lot of it seems to be defensiveness for ether how he was disciplined or how he disciplined his kids. Probably should remember he's Canadian/American. Their medical profession is hosed up due to pharmacies pushing doctors to prescribe their brand of drugs to people who may or may not have serious mental illnesses.

That said, he's being a loving idiot on this subject and I'm putting logic and reason to an argument he probably barely has any knowledge about.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Bocc Kob posted:

My understanding is a poor diet leads to Heath Slater.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bocc Kob posted:

He is saying that mental illness can be caused by poor diet.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bocc Kob posted:

Chemicals in your food are not evil and organic food is not the key to health. Prescription drugs make people better, not worse.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bocc Kob posted:

Personally it's because he's going "Scientist say there's a link between people who where spanked as a child and mental illness? Pfft, it's about poor nutrition and chemicals in our food! My source? Scientists!"

He's picking and choosing what he believe from science to fit his preconceived notions. These people should never talk about anything to do with health, science or anything beyond theology.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

MassRayPer posted:

Chemicals in your food are not evil and organic food is not the key to health. Prescription drugs make people better, not worse.

This is something Lance goes on about a lot, there are some studies that do link anti-depressants to suicidal thoughts (look up Seroxat I think it's spelt) but it's always specific brands and not the whole spectrum of pills. It pains me quite a bit that someone I think is one of the smarter people in wrestling believes the pharmaceutical industry is united in a conspiracy to make people ill.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

njsykora posted:

This is something Lance goes on about a lot, there are some studies that do link anti-depressants to suicidal thoughts (look up Seroxat I think it's spelt) but it's always specific brands and not the whole spectrum of pills. It pains me quite a bit that someone I think is one of the smarter people in wrestling believes the pharmaceutical industry is united in a conspiracy to make people ill.

Sure, and I feel better off my meds than on them, but a whole lot of people owe their wellbeing, and even their lives to modern antidepressants. Lance isn't just being an idiot, he's peddling myths that are dangerous to people's health

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Sure, and I feel better off my meds than on them, but a whole lot of people owe their wellbeing, and even their lives to modern antidepressants. Lance isn't just being an idiot, he's peddling myths that are dangerous to people's health

Here are some tweets he retweeted

quote:

Bone Dwarf ‏@Bonedwarf

@Storm_Wrestling Disorders appear conveniently when there's a new medication to sell.

quote:

@Storm_Wrestling prescription drugs is a business in the States, drug companies pay doctors to prescribe certain drugs, very corrupt
Retweeted by Lance Storm

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

bobkatt013 posted:

Here are some tweets he retweeted

Which is true, but in the past he's tweeted repeatedly about drugs making mental illness worse, without any qualification at all. He's done the same tonight, and it's bullshit

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

njsykora posted:

Anti depressants are about rebalancing serotonin levels and until your body adapts to the sudden increase in these chemicals it can have negative effects on the rest of your body. An increase in depression and suicidal thoughts can happen for the first few weeks as will any body with a Raven stable running rampant in their brain.

Of course not taking any medication and being depressed also has a unbelievably high link to suicidal thoughts, but they don't talk much about that.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

What is this conversation?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

HulkaMatt posted:

What is this conversation?

Terrible.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lance Storm is a stupid.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Personally it's because he's going "Scientist say there's a link between people who where spanked as a child and mental illness? Pfft, it's about poor nutrition and chemicals in our food! My source? Scientists!"

He's picking and choosing what he believe from science to fit his preconceived notions. These people should never talk about anything to do with health, science or anything beyond theology.

Science isn't some all-encompassing thing, different guys researching the same stuff can come to different conclusions. Maybe Lance Storm did read different sides of these things and decided, "hmm, this set of facts seems more plausible, I'll go with that." I don't think random Twitter comments can necessarily encapsulate his whole point of view or that it's fair to group him with people who legitimately do just cherry-pick what they want to believe based on what's convenient. Then again, I don't follow Lance Storm on Twitter, so who knows. This tangent just seemed kinda knee-jerky to me. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I think his viewpoint is based on a relative that was on anti-depressants committing suicide.