Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

ConanThe3rd posted:

The idealist in me says they've learned their lessons from MvC2's appalling conversion but the realist in me knows they probably haven't.

The online interface was a little hosed but it seemed like a good port to me, I even had somebody do a ROM on me once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Well, Ybrik, what's the new prize going to be?

It was only for Uncanny. So if that happens yeah but if not its just like any other week.

Edit: New Page

Ybrik posted:

Tonight Winners get a free copy of Uncanny If it turns out to be true I actually will by you a copy
July 5th 9PMEst/6PMPst irc://irc.synirc.net/sa-mvc3

:itjb:Xbox:itjb:
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/eigypsq77u

:spidey:Ps3:spidey:
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/8obp2du5vt

Ybrik fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 5, 2012

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Ybrik posted:

It was only for Uncanny. So if that happens yeah but if not its just like any other week.

Niitsuma just sank the idea of Uncanny is all I meant. I wasn't really concerned about the prize thing.

Anyways. I don't know if I'm all that excited about that new Origins game. Is it anything other than a rehash?

Friendly Friend
Sep 2, 2011

bouncyman posted:

So they announced thew new Marvel game...but it's not quite the same as the "leaker" predicted it would be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM8Ga--dcAI

Oh my god oh my god oh my god that music! I miss it so. MVC1 Zangief theme was the best.

Coughing-up Tweed
Jun 12, 2006

Cat Machine posted:

Looks like another Iron Galaxy effort, based on the mini-achievements. They did a good enough job on 3S, gripes about 'arcade perfect' aside.

The cool thing is that Iron Galaxy still plans on fixing problems people have with 3S:OE, like turning off the side bars, fixing matchmaking, doing whatever they can to get the speed as close to perfect as possible, etc: http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/6/15/3rd-strike-online-edition-patch-3-plans-revealed.html

I'd probably trust them over Capcom to get these ports right.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

FChamp claiming a new Marvel 3 is in the works but that that Uncanny leak is crap, also that there will be an Evo panel about it. Oh FChamp, fan them rumor flames. :allears:

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

FChamp claiming a new Marvel 3 is in the works but that that Uncanny leak is crap, also that there will be an Evo panel about it. Oh FChamp, fan them rumor flames. :allears:

I'd be *shocked* if they *weren't* working on some kind of update to MvC3 given how popular it's proven in the long run; licensing issues are a bit of a pain in the industry, though, so if anything's holding them back it's probably that (also most likely the reason that Ultimate was pushed out the door early according to Capcom higher-ups).

That Uncanny 'leak' stuff is the largest pile of bullshit I've ever sniffed, though; the new moves listed are stupid (Taskmaster doesn't need a variable-level hyper combo, Spencer doesn't need a gun; if you wanna make fake move changes, do them for characters that aren't already high-tier), the new characters are idiotic (We all want Megaman but I don't believe that the "new Capcom" would intentionally put non-exclusive/DLC characters that are 'jokes'; also, they'd put in some other hotter property [Asura?] before putting in Servbot and I utterly refuse to believe they'd put Ant Man in as a playable character given his cameo appearance already), the name is dumb (no way they'd be idiotic enough to keep the same 'acronym' between Ultimate and Uncanny ["UMvC3? Which one??"]), them not remixing a couple of stages here and there also sounds incredibly suspect (it's a cheap, easy way to inflate content and bullet points for the release), and... yeah. There's just nothing there that sounds sane, rational, or logical in the slightest. Not even them giving us Megaman makes any sense since they went ahead and made that drat Zero alt costume and otherwise shoved him on an H&H card.

I'm all for the fun and joys of reading fake leaks and speculation and all of that but every single thing posted on that twitter account was just *dumb*. Keeping my fingers crossed for some announcement of the real thing or at least a patch of some sort this weekend.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Correnth posted:

I'd be *shocked* if they *weren't* working on some kind of update to MvC3 given how popular it's proven in the long run;

Sure it's popular, but did it sell well? That's all they really care about in the end.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Krad posted:

Sure it's popular, but did it sell well? That's all they really care about in the end.

Shipped 600,000 in the first two months against Skyrim and Saints Row 3 and the PSV version beat Uncharted in digital sales in launch month. Capcom have said it did good numbers for them as well.

It did good for what is essentially the GOTY edition. So it wouldn't be surprising if they did more with it. Especially as they practically have a whole weekend of free advertising coming up and Super and AE had big sales spikes thanks to Evo.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Erik The Viking posted:

I just finished watching the Curleh Mustache 4 archive and I have to say that not only was it Hype As gently caress, but if this is the standard of play we're gonna see at EVO then we are definitely going to continue the trend of "every EVO is better than the last one".

If you haven't seen it yet check it out. It's really really good.

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/323402568

edit: Also all that twitter poo poo is a dumb pile of lies but I have to admit it's fun to fantasize.

Just getting around to watching this and it's great. Also the fact that F.Champ needs Dark Phoenix to kill Noah in a few matches makes me :negative:

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe

Krad posted:

I had read somewhere that long-term sales for Ultimate were actually really decent, and way more-so on the Vita due to it being a downloadable title. I'm trying to find a source on that at the moment but not having any luck; if I can, I'll edit it into this post.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Correnth posted:

I had read somewhere that long-term sales for Ultimate were actually really decent, and way more-so on the Vita due to it being a downloadable title. I'm trying to find a source on that at the moment but not having any luck; if I can, I'll edit it into this post.

Capcom's figures were 600k units shipped over some amount of time I can't remember. It's not bad, but not guaranteed sequel numbers either.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
I don't believe the Uncanny stuff either, but Capcom adding 4 characters to one of their existing fighting games and

Correnth posted:

not remixing a couple of stages here and there
sounds a lot like SSF4AE to me.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I think I still have MVC1 for Dreamcast packed away somewhere, and I'd rather see X-Men vs SF than MSH in the HD set. I imported it for Saturn way back when with the extra 4MEG cart. :getin:

I can make it to the PSN tourney tonight, hooray! Someone on FGTV Stream 2 had an awesome Chris last night and it inspired me to practice a little more with him. Getting the spacing for that OTG gunshot (Cr. H or in the air) is still hard for me and I'm usually too surprised I actually got a knockdown that I forget to follow up. (Whoever faces me tonight should have it easy is what I'm sayin')

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

Ybrik posted:

Tonight Winners get a free copy of Uncanny If it turns out to be true I actually will by you a copy
July 5th 9PMEst/6PMPst irc://irc.synirc.net/sa-mvc3

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/eigypsq77u

:spidey:Ps3:spidey:
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/8obp2du5vt

I signed up under my Xbox live ID of DirtiestTrowel, but work just asked me to stay late, so I won't be able to make the tournament tonight. Sorry dudes!

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Correnth posted:

and otherwise shoved him on an H&H card.

If we go by this logic ,the only interesting capcom characters left are Asura, Nero, that guy from Chaos Legon, one of the marvel 2 characters or a street fighter and the only interesting marvel characters left are Cable, Gambit, Sentry (I guess?), Squirrel Girl and Jubilee

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 6, 2012

Erik The Viking
Apr 12, 2012

by Fistgrrl

darealkooky posted:

If we go by this logic ,the only interesting capcom characters left are Asura, Nero, that guy from Chaos Legon, one of the marvel 2 characters or a street fighter and the only interesting marvel characters left are Cable, Gambit, Sentry (I guess?), Squirrel Girl and Jubilee

Don't forget Gene! :D

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

I was crushed, he's a pretty hilarious card, though (snapbacks remove and give you meter)

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Results

http://challonge.com/xbmgoons8
First Place: WalrusWhiskers Wolverine/Sentinel/Spencer
Second Place: Ragebeef Spencer/Morrigan/Doctor Doom
Third Place illezt Wolverine/Sentinel/Doctor Doom?

:spidey:PS3:spidey:
http://challonge.com/psmgoons8
First Place: Acute Hepatitis Frank West/Dormammu/Doctor Doom Magneto/Haggar/Doctor Doom
Second Place: Ybrik Spider-man/Taskmaster/Super-Skrull Taskmaster/Nova/Super-Skrull
Third Place: kHz Dormammu/Doctor Doom/Nova

Pretty good pretty good. Not a whole lot to say about this week I think in part to Evo being just around the corner. Oh well, thanks for showing up.

Next week Thursday July 12th 9PMEst/6PMPst irc://irc.synirc.net/sa-mvc3

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/4upshart3d
:spidey:PS3:spidey:
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/nccbqiiaom

Ybrik fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 6, 2012

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
Nothing can stop me when I go into online derpverine mode. :twisted:

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
I don't believe I've ever lost that many matches in one sitting.

I got the "Dreaded Opponent" trophy, hilariously enough.

kHz
Nov 22, 2010

Yay, third! Not sure how that happened, but I'll take it.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Went 0-2 like I figured, but it was a fun 0-2! My goal for next time is to make it into the tourney lobby before I get bodied. Gonna spend time this week just building up muscle memory. The rare times I got an opening, I blanked.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Static Rook posted:

Went 0-2 like I figured, but it was a fun 0-2! My goal for next time is to make it into the tourney lobby before I get bodied. Gonna spend time this week just building up muscle memory. The rare times I got an opening, I blanked.

You and me both, brother. I won't make it to next weeks tournament since I'm working nightshift, but I'll join the next one!

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

darealkooky posted:

Cable is referred to in Deadpool's alt costume. Deadpool's entrance quote with the costume on is "And you thought Cable wasn't in this game..." Also, Cable is marked as slain in the background poster in the Days of Future Past stage. Gambit is marked as apprehended on the same poster.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

bouncyman posted:

So they announced thew new Marvel game...but it's not quite the same as the "leaker" predicted it would be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM8Ga--dcAI

Hm. If they wanted to do 'Origins' they'd include War of the Gems, if they ain't released it already.(I don't know much about what Capcom have or have not put out there.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7d8x1mXVU8&feature=relmfu

Watch the boss battles with the various player characters. More importantly, watch the animations for player characters and some bosses. Then go back and look at Marvel Super Heroes or any of the Vs line again. Hell, I even see War Machine's War Destroyer animation in Iron Man(no MISSILES, but the base animation).

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 6, 2012

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Bloodly posted:

Hm. If they wanted to do 'Origins' they'd include War of the Gems, if they ain't released it already.(I don't know much about what Capcom have or have not put out there.)

Watch the boss battles with various characters. More importantly, watch the animations for player characters and some bosses. Then go back and look at Marvel Super Heroes or any of the Vs line again.

"After his humiliating defeats in the War of the Gems, Dr. Doom underwent years of research to amplify his power. The results of his research: by using both of his feet to divekick, his power increased 10 fold, and thus the footdive was born!"

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Bloodly posted:

Watch the boss battles with the various player characters. More importantly, watch the animations for player characters and some bosses. Then go back and look at Marvel Super Heroes or any of the Vs line again.

NB: War of the Gems on the SNES actually arrived after the release of MSH in arcades.

Both were preceded by Children of the Atom featuring Akuma as a hidden character. Maybe they'll do two more Origins packs with the vs. Street Fighter games in one and CotA/War of the Gems in the other.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Discount Viscount posted:

NB: War of the Gems on the SNES actually arrived after the release of MSH in arcades.

Both were preceded by Children of the Atom featuring Akuma as a hidden character. Maybe they'll do two more Origins packs with the vs. Street Fighter games in one and CotA/War of the Gems in the other.

Would buy every one of those.

Let's not forget the X-Men SNES game, can't remember what it's subtitle was, that let you play as Cyclops, Psylocke, Wolverine, Beast and uhhhh Nightcrawler? A side scrolling adventure game, but it actually had moves done with QCF motions and such...

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Medullah posted:

Would buy every one of those.

Let's not forget the X-Men SNES game, can't remember what it's subtitle was, that let you play as Cyclops, Psylocke, Wolverine, Beast and uhhhh Nightcrawler? A side scrolling adventure game, but it actually had moves done with QCF motions and such...

X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse, but Gambit is the fifth character, not Nightcrawler (who's in the Konami X-Men arcade game instead). I really liked that game.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
The Kubota Escape explained!

T37 Rampage from SRK posted:

With a dead character, hold the tag button for the dead character during an opponents super flash, then snapback on the tail end of it. Viola.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHPulIDr7h0

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!

I'm not really sure how useful this is. You have to be at neutral, and it doesn't last long enough to go through Ammy THC's, and that seems like the only time people just activate super. Maybe really situational chip avoidance?

sponsz fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 7, 2012

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

sponsz posted:

I'm not really sure how useful this is. You have to be at neutral, and it doesn't last long enough to go through Ammy THC's, and that seems like the only time people just activate super. Maybe relly situational chip avoidance?

Might be able to avoid Rapid Slash -> Swords with Vergil if it isn't tight enough.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

sponsz posted:

I'm not really sure how useful this is. You have to be at neutral, and it doesn't last long enough to go through Ammy THC's, and that seems like the only time people just activate super. Maybe relly situational chip avoidance?
Basically the way I understand it is it's going to be most useful against x-factor anchors that like to spam supers and for missing 3 seconds off the front of any power-up super. Definitely not as broken as Fubarduck was playing it up to be though it seems like, unless there's more to it than this.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Could lead to some wacky Sentinel hard drive setups. Does it have to happen during a super flash?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So much for the Kubota Escape changing the way Marvel is played forever you guys! Not once was it even performed on stream.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
ST Vega is crazy lame

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

MY ANIME GF posted:

ST Vega is crazy lame

Kill all yodelers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

PonchAxis posted:

So much for the Kubota Escape changing the way Marvel is played forever you guys! Not once was it even performed on stream.
The TAC infinite made like 2 minor cameo appearances too

• Locked thread