Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Was it for this, my life, I sought? Maybe so, maybe not.

Boola posted:

If anyone could give me a guild invite, I'd appreciate it. Name is Beep. I've tried getting invited in game but am not getting any responses.

I'm currently a 42 ranger. I use to play years ago on The Nameless as a cleric and can't believe how much faster the leveling is now. I'm considering making a second character to two box once I get up in the 60's and figure things out more.

You might have messaged someone who was afk-levelling. Keep trying bud, we'll get you in. Just about anyone can guild invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
I'm thinking about picking this up and playing free. Maybe sub for a month if I like it.

Honestly how fun is this for an everquest newbie? I imagine with all the expansions, content, etc, it'll just be brain freezing with the sheer amount of information, wouldn't it?

Is any sort of endgame content plausible on a free account?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

The EQ learning curve is not very intuitive. Having a guild, friends or just chat chans to ask stupid newbie questions will help a TON. The in game tutorials are passable, but they're not really going to teach you how to actually play as a class.

The F2P includes all expansions but the most recent. There's HUNDREDS of zones of content. Now, if they're content worth doing, or there's so many options at some levels that you can't see them all, that's another story.

If you did something like run two magicians, you could go decently far in the group game soloing. But for raiding, you need a gold sub for a ton of reasons.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I logged in to try out the AA since the patch went in, and holy poo poo. Zapzan got 15 AA in 30 minutes loving around in paw last night. Awesome-o.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
I logged in Vild and Taygon yesterday and played around with Macroquest. I still haven't got the Shambot Macro quite working because I set up my spells differently than the macro from the forums and I needed Taygon to be 61 so his buffs would land on him.

So I started working on making a macro what would make Taygon stay in melee range and spam Flying Kick until things were dead. He's now finally at 61 and holy poo poo the combination of Cougar Landing on him and him not scratching his rear end if I tabbed out to Vildeor makes all the difference in the world in making this two box work!

I do have a question though will Macroquest work on the test server? I know on the official macroquest forums they say that the test server will change the offsets every few hours, but is Sony Still doing this?

Ideally, I'd like to just three box on Test for free until the servers go down because it's not like I was grouping that much in EQ anyways.

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

Ante Christ posted:

I logged in Vild and Taygon yesterday and played around with Macroquest. I still haven't got the Shambot Macro quite working because I set up my spells differently than the macro from the forums and I needed Taygon to be 61 so his buffs would land on him.

So I started working on making a macro what would make Taygon stay in melee range and spam Flying Kick until things were dead. He's now finally at 61 and holy poo poo the combination of Cougar Landing on him and him not scratching his rear end if I tabbed out to Vildeor makes all the difference in the world in making this two box work!

I do have a question though will Macroquest work on the test server? I know on the official macroquest forums they say that the test server will change the offsets every few hours, but is Sony Still doing this?

Ideally, I'd like to just three box on Test for free until the servers go down because it's not like I was grouping that much in EQ anyways.

MQ2 can work on the test server but you would have to change the offsets and compile the source yourself. As they change the eqgame.exe several times per week and from what I understand can take several hours to change MQ2 to work.

There is a much better macro to use than shambot.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Well, it took 2 hours but i managed to complete Filling The Repository with two level 82s and a 76 plus mercs. I found a good spot to get single pulls after eating a few evacs/deaths. I can probably get it down to an hour.

It's probably no more time-effective than just mass killing direwind or ashengate but a lot more fun and challenging, plus I can share the TA and pay forward all the ones I got from 75 on up. :)

My enchanter has a only a j2 rogue merc so once i can beg loon or someone to run him through Invasion and get a few more levels on him I'm sure thay will take a lot less time. Yay.

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe
I've been running repository several times per day since the expansion myself, and the AA from that quest is waaaaaay better for my time investment compared to direwind or ashengate.

At 89, with close to 2500 AAs, I get about 18 a turn in + 4 or 5 for kill exp in about 45 minutes or so. I bring along an SK who is 87, 1500 AA, and he gets about 27 AA per turn in and about 10 per run. I've got a silver bard as well, who has less than 1000 aa's and gets 30 each turn in.

It's pretty much an awesome quest, and it's good for a loooooong time.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
I'm getting really discouraged working for the last few levels before 80. I'm half way through 77 and really hating life.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I always have 2 free spots in my grind group you could join. (Dijital+Trunxx)

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
Had some epic 2.0 fun in Anguish last night. I think Meep got a picture of our fearless band of raiders. More goons need to come back and kill pixel dragons with us!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Double SC tomorrow.

Wish I could buy gamecards from you dorks with plat, but it's not worth the server transfer costs. :(

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004

jetz0r posted:

Double SC tomorrow.

Wish I could buy gamecards from you dorks with plat, but it's not worth the server transfer costs. :(
server transfers were on sale 2 days ago :/

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Sup goons, just thought I'd post that I got EQMac working on my PC with very little fuss. Crossposting from the P1999 thread:

quote:

Follow this guide: http://www.fohguild.org/forums/mmorpg-general-discussion/38234-eqmac-now-free-play-79.html#post2289359

A few other random tips and fixes to bugs I found, which may or may not be necessary:

* In windows you can create a junction to a directory on another drive. For example if you want the actual files to be on D: create an EQMac directory there then run in a command prompt:
C:\>mklink /J /D EQMac d:\EQMac

* I was having very strange problems with this. The graphics were messing up very strangely, and I was running at supersonic speed. Fixed it.

You need to set processor affinity to 1. This is what my command line looks like...
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1 eqw.exe

* IF you need to fix your FPS issues and your gfx card software doesn't allow it, there is a freeware program called dxtory with an FPS limiter. I have mine set to 60 and it works perfectly. Fraps has one also, but only works in record mode. Dxtory is always on without recording.

* crash upon patching:
That is what happens when your virus software deletes WSOCK.DLL from your program directory at launch. Reinstall "secrets patch" and disable your virus software before you start the program

I had to follow all those tricks, but now it works, with the classic UI.

And finally some amazing screenshots:

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Pilsner posted:

with the classic UI.

Gross

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Double xp this weekend :v:

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...

meat gnome posted:

Awww hell yes! Balee is like 15% from 78 and the gnome just dinged 70!

Exp pots stack, right?

HA HA Collage
Oct 2, 2009

The Most Celebrated New Poster Since Attila

meat gnome posted:

I'm going to be out of town this weekend, so I can't play. Thanks for making me sad. WAY TO GO!

lotor9530
Apr 29, 2009

Keith Stone posted:

Awww hell yes! Balee is like 15% from 78 and the gnome just dinged 70!

Exp pots stack, right?

If I'm remembering right, they stack, but the percentages add. Thus, 2x weekend plus 2x pot = 3x experience.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How many people are still active on Luclin? I should be getting a new computer soon so I will be able to play again! I'm Cheney by the way.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

lotor9530 posted:

If I'm remembering right, they stack, but the percentages add. Thus, 2x weekend plus 2x pot = 3x experience.

Right, you get one modifier in your buffs and it's additive, not multiplicative. So this weekend will be base 200% and then you add lesson for 300%, a potion for 250% or 225% or however good the potion is, or chanter aura for 207% or 209% or whatever it is.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I haven't played in a while (Brumans), but I'm still looking to play more. After hearing about the AA patch it felt dumb to log in, plus my old buddies seemed to have left.

I'd hop in this weekend but we're out of town :(. Grinding AA solo is loving boring though, that's what stopped me logging in originally. Hopefully there can be some groups and dungeon crawling, that was awesome in our 70s. I'm an 80 monk now (or 81 or 82, something like that).

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004

xZAOx posted:

I haven't played in a while (Brumans), but I'm still looking to play more. After hearing about the AA patch it felt dumb to log in, plus my old buddies seemed to have left.

I'd hop in this weekend but we're out of town :(. Grinding AA solo is loving boring though, that's what stopped me logging in originally. Hopefully there can be some groups and dungeon crawling, that was awesome in our 70s. I'm an 80 monk now (or 81 or 82, something like that).

Come make some new buddies, there are a bunch of us in the 75-85 range to hang out with.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
And AA grinding is a lot more tolerable now, imo.

torp0r
Jan 14, 2008
torp0r
ugh this not being able to spend SC for game time change is really a bitch, I hope they revert that change at some point in the future

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

So I got to tank my first VoA raid boss the other day! I didn't grab any SSes, but you all wouldn't be able to see anything through my UI anyways. But I did get some good stats out of GamParse.

Tanking summary for: Iila | Total damage: 8651910 | Avg hit: 11399 | Swings: 1258 | Defended: 261 (20.7%) | Hit: 759 (60.3%) | Missed: 238 (18.9%) | Accuracy: 76.1% | Dodged: 186 (15.7%) | Parried: 0 (0%) | Blocked: 75 (6%) | Riposted: 0 (0%) | Absorbed: 0 (0%)

Healing for: Iila -vs- Avatar of Steel: -- Dimtry: 1495566 -- Fien: 1385698 -- Annastasya: 1371461 -- Muaddib: 1336277 -- Lakoss: 939542 -- Iila: 732736 -- Jezilyn: 729870 -- Divine Intervention: 209475 -- Bluddie: 138203 -- Josten: 90078 -- Flipmart: 69777 -- Kraxsis: 35692 -- Coldblade: 16725 -- Shannarra: 6077 -- Xhalax: 5310

Uber tank profile for Iila

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I been playing my Warrior and Shaman. Managing multiple mobs' aggro is pretty hard though and the way the tank-mercs work sub-50 it seems unnecessary to even try. Can't wait to get my war to 60ish to group with rogue+bard, with some AAs and decent aggro generation.

Shaman is pretty cool, but the way shaman spells work, you end up with really low casting skills. It's been quite a challenge to multibox when half your poo poo fizzles 90% of the time. I'll probably just drop him when I get my warrior high enough to group with my 80s

darkhand fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 6, 2012

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004

darkhand posted:

I been playing my Warrior and Shaman. Managing multiple mobs' aggro is pretty hard though and the way the tank-mercs work sub-50 it seems unnecessary to even try. Can't wait to get my war to 60ish to group with rogue+bard, with some AAs and decent aggro generation.

Shaman is pretty cool, but the way shaman spells work, you end up with really low casting skills. It's been quite a challenge to multibox when half your poo poo fizzles 90% of the time. I'll probably just drop him when I get my warrior high enough to group with my 80s

Autofire, yo. Get that poo poo.

Awesome you're making a warrior though, we need more tanks in general.

If anyone does Repository over the weekend, let me know your results. I ended up sitting there for 2.5 hours trying to get all the gem drops when previously it would take 45 mins or so. I went over 20 kills without a single gem drop and thats either the longest streak of bad RNG luck ever or they stealth-nerfed this task for the double xp weekend.

Ylide fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 7, 2012

larrydigital
Feb 21, 2004

Say Queensbridge.

jetz0r posted:

So I got to tank my first VoA raid boss the other day! I didn't grab any SSes, but you all wouldn't be able to see anything through my UI anyways. But I did get some good stats out of GamParse.

Tanking summary for: Iila | Total damage: 8651910 | Avg hit: 11399 | Swings: 1258 | Defended: 261 (20.7%) | Hit: 759 (60.3%) | Missed: 238 (18.9%) | Accuracy: 76.1% | Dodged: 186 (15.7%) | Parried: 0 (0%) | Blocked: 75 (6%) | Riposted: 0 (0%) | Absorbed: 0 (0%)

Healing for: Iila -vs- Avatar of Steel: -- Dimtry: 1495566 -- Fien: 1385698 -- Annastasya: 1371461 -- Muaddib: 1336277 -- Lakoss: 939542 -- Iila: 732736 -- Jezilyn: 729870 -- Divine Intervention: 209475 -- Bluddie: 138203 -- Josten: 90078 -- Flipmart: 69777 -- Kraxsis: 35692 -- Coldblade: 16725 -- Shannarra: 6077 -- Xhalax: 5310

Uber tank profile for Iila

What was this, a pickup for giggles? Why not use Slippry?

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
Way late on this, thought someone else was going to be posting a pic, but anyway ...

Here's all us homos in Anguish after killing Warden Hanvar (extremely lon-FUN, I meant FUN) to get Kaverin his epic 2.0 orb (did the final fight for him directly afterwards). But really, everyone did really well and all the 3 named we tried we killed on the first attempt. Was quite a bit of fun, for some reason I was leading the show, trying to remember what Kodaji said many moons ago when I ran it with him about how the fights go.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

larrydigital posted:

What was this, a pickup for giggles? Why not use Slippry?

No, it was our actual weekly Argath kill. Do you think a pickup raid would have enough healing to keep a druid alive through that?

The raid leader asked who wanted to tank and I jumped in before any real tanks, and everyone went along with it. I was expecting to die or fade it off onto the SK backup asap. But somehow I held aggro and tanked for the whole fight.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Creative Bicycle posted:

Way late on this, thought someone else was going to be posting a pic, but anyway ...

Here's all us homos in Anguish after killing Warden Hanvar (extremely lon-FUN, I meant FUN) to get Kaverin his epic 2.0 orb (did the final fight for him directly afterwards). But really, everyone did really well and all the 3 named we tried we killed on the first attempt. Was quite a bit of fun, for some reason I was leading the show, trying to remember what Kodaji said many moons ago when I ran it with him about how the fights go.

Pretty fun night for sure. I didn't mind the long fights, since I actually got to click buttons on my rogue.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
Bah,

I refuse to let EQ fall off the front page of The MMO HMO when there is a freaking Asheron's Call thread there. Crisssakes guys!

Everyone hung over from the double exp weekend? Balee is so warn out I think my keyboard is broken. I don't know if I can find time to play today due to wife agro, but if I can I am parked in the HoT yard.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm gonna have my new computer within a week and then I am gonna BEAT EQ! But seriously, I wanna make a 3box team, and wreck poo poo. I'm thinking SK, Shaman, Mage.

Any news on getting off test? I still have my monk and enchanter there, and I'd love to get them off.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
That's a powerful combo.

I'd like to try wizard, enchanter, mage with tank merc, cleric merc, and DPS melee merc.

I just don't want to three box because I don't want to part with another $15 a month.

lotor9530
Apr 29, 2009

Keith Stone posted:

That's a powerful combo.

I'd like to try wizard, enchanter, mage with tank merc, cleric merc, and DPS melee merc.

I just don't want to three box because I don't want to part with another $15 a month.

Mage pet will outclass even the J5 merc above 86 or so, I'd recommend 2 wizard mercs with this setup. I only use the tank merc so I can be lazier, but it does limit what I can do.

Also, the $15/month isn't bad if you buy 6 months at a time, it comes down to like $11 or so.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
I'm going to get in on this again and try out a Rogue this time around. I accidentally deleted a ranger on my account with a bunch of money and some items that I'd like to pass to my rogue, what do you think the chances are that I can get it restored?

Edit - Also, a while back a goon loaned me a copper hammer of striking on my shaman (Patrollin). I don't play him anymore so I'd like to give it back.

ukrainius maximus fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 10, 2012

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
Any good parsing tools out there?

I need to determine how Balee is comparing to other classes. I have a lot of utility, but it would be a shame to slow down the rest of the group.

I think I am going to take Brogyun down to the arena and let my warder chew on his pet and find out what level Beastlord Warder is equivalent to a mage pet. I know the warder is no where near as effective as a mage on a level by level basis, but this guy is supposed to be a L80 warrior.

Eqbeastlords.org is a surprisingly uninformative source of Beastlord information.

Richard Cabeza fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jul 10, 2012

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
I've been using GamParse. It seems to be pretty accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Thejaff posted:

I've been using GamParse. It seems to be pretty accurate.

If only the controls and customization weren't so archaic :smith: