Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I live in CT so it was only about a 2 hour drive. Not too bad.

At one point Marcia was up on the balcony, watching the signing table, and the crowd saw her and started screaming for her. She sort of waved and smiled sheepishly. It was kinda adorable. I kept thinking how weird it must be for her to have a bit of internet celebrity at this stage in her life. She probably never imagined a bunch of young people would be cheering for her at a rock club in her 60's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Fayez Butts posted:

The Boston show was great! If you saw five people wearing identical t-shirts, yeah, that was me and my friends. They're pretty fresh though, I'll try to get a picture up.

Were you the STR8 Bros looking for other STR8 bros people?

I saw three people wearing those shirts on the street before the show...

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I came down from southern NH, and my buddy flew in from Chicago the same day as the show. Poor dude had a busy day. Flew from Chicago to Boston, drove from Boston to south-central NH, from NH back down to Sully Sq station, got halfway there on the train and realized we forgot our tix where we parked. Had to walk about a mile to get to a station that could get us back, and finally rolled into the show around 8:30. Dude was passing out on the train ride back. Says it was totally worth it though. Can't wait to hear the show 'cause I've pretty much forgotten everything already.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Did it look to anyone else like Jah was wearing a grill or something? His teeth were reflecting light whenever he smiled.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Anonymous Robot posted:

Did it look to anyone else like Jah was wearing a grill or something? His teeth were reflecting light whenever he smiled.

I don't know if he has a grill but he sure as poo poo has a gold tooth.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.
How the gently caress does Seth let Jonathan get away with wearing jorts and a tank top on stage? Was it mentioned at all in the show?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

soru posted:

How the gently caress does Seth let Jonathan get away with wearing jorts and a tank top on stage? Was it mentioned at all in the show?

Not exactly the first time it's happened, plus Seth lets Jonathan smoke during the in-studio eps all the time, despite the fact it makes Jonathan's voice sound like poo poo. Just one of those things
v:shobon:v

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
I wanted to go but could not afford the roughly $1000 it woud have taken after flights, rentals, et al. The lovely thing is that I used to live in southern NH, so it would have been about a 2 hour drive.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Oh one thing that actually really stood out from the show was that Seth told the "LOL = Lots of Love" story saying that his grandmother did that because she just got a cellphone, but that joke is old as poo poo, and Scott Aukerman (I think, may have been the guest) definitely mentioned it on CBB within the past two or three episodes.

Not a big deal, but I thought it was really weird for him to use a joke like that masked as a personal story, I don't recall ever noticing either of them doing that before.

Sunman
Jan 7, 2006

ATMTA
Thankfully I live in Boston so I didn't have to make a crazy trip to see the boys live. It was awesome. I'm gonna have to listen to that show again when it goes up because I think I missed a few things - the show felt very short, but awesome. I was also one of the people who waited for like half an hour to get to talk to the guys after the show and couldn't score a poster. I talked to the girl who was behind the signing table with the guys (I called her "intern Jennifer" but that clearly wasn't her name) and she said that they only printed 50 posters because they printed 150 for Seattle and only sold 30. So I'm blaming the Seattle people for the fact that I couldn't get a poster.

We went to the bar next door afterwards and about 20 minutes later Jonathan rolled in so we got to chill with him some more, it was pretty rad. And he apparently stole a bunch of coronas from The 'Dise, which I thought was strange.

Anyways, it was an awesome night.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Sunman posted:

We went to the bar next door afterwards and about 20 minutes later Jonathan rolled in so we got to chill with him some more, it was pretty rad. And he apparently stole a bunch of coronas from The 'Dise, which I thought was strange.

They were probably just taking too long to take his order. Remember, Jonathan copped to shoplifting small things when inconvenienced.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

JethroMcB posted:

They were probably just taking too long to take his order. Remember, Jonathan copped to shoplifting small things when inconvenienced.

Oh poo poo I forgot that he does this too. Maybe I learned it from him even.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

pooch516 posted:

Were you the STR8 Bros looking for other STR8 bros people?

I saw three people wearing those shirts on the street before the show...

Yeah, that was us :shobon:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Cast No Engine posted:

Oh one thing that actually really stood out from the show was that Seth told the "LOL = Lots of Love" story saying that his grandmother did that because she just got a cellphone, but that joke is old as poo poo, and Scott Aukerman (I think, may have been the guest) definitely mentioned it on CBB within the past two or three episodes.

Not a big deal, but I thought it was really weird for him to use a joke like that masked as a personal story, I don't recall ever noticing either of them doing that before.

I think the joke is old as poo poo because a lot of people have legitimately had it happen in real life. My uncle, after leaving the Mennonite church and getting a cell phone for the first time a few years ago, thought LOL meant "Lots O' love" and was presently surprised how sweet and kind everyone was being to him via texts.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Fayez Butts posted:

Yeah, that was us :shobon:
Quintuple jets!

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

a starwar betamax posted:

I think the joke is old as poo poo because a lot of people have legitimately had it happen in real life. My uncle, after leaving the Mennonite church and getting a cell phone for the first time a few years ago, thought LOL meant "Lots O' love" and was presently surprised how sweet and kind everyone was being to him via texts.
Ashamed to say it but I myself thought it meant that for a few days when I was about ten.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Sunman posted:

I talked to the girl who was behind the signing table with the guys (I called her "intern Jennifer" but that clearly wasn't her name)

I don't know her name but that was Seth's girlfriend, by the way. I recognized her from the photos linked earlier in the thread.

(Of course, I feel kinda gross even mentioning it because of how private Seth is. If we were talking about Jonathon's girlfriend, it wouldn't be a big deal but I guess that the very fact that Seth is so weird about that stuff is what makes it vaguely notable. It naturally makes people more curious about someone's personal life when they're so conspicuously silent about it. For example, see all the speculation about what his job might be on their forums.)

Edit:

Cast No Engine posted:

Yeah, that was Nick Offerman who said that on CBB. I was kinda shocked when Seth said it too.

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jul 10, 2012

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
There is a LOL reference in one of the older episodes, in the 30-60 range, because I just heard it the other day.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

WoG posted:

Quintuple jets!

Oh no! I already don't recognize that reference!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Thank you whoever mentioned the Doritos and Cocaine-drink episodes (79 and 77), these are loving hilarious.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Listening to Seth & J-Dawg much down on Doritos is probably the only time I've laughed at people eating food.

Also, random, but I think I've settled on my 'what episode should I listen to first?' episode: 127. It contains a ton of the video'd youtube clips that people tend to recommend here (Denny's New Slogan, one of the best 'Who's Parenting Harder' bits ever, some awesome craigshouse (shout about this cock!)) plus a bunch of other awesome bits too. Check it.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I love when Seth goes, "It's so late right now! What are you doing??"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Also, random, but I think I've settled on my 'what episode should I listen to first?' episode: 127. It contains a ton of the video'd youtube clips that people tend to recommend here (Denny's New Slogan, one of the best 'Who's Parenting Harder' bits ever, some awesome craigshouse (shout about this cock!)) plus a bunch of other awesome bits too. Check it.

I introduced two friends to the show with that episode, completely by accident. It was the random episode I had picked for a long drive, and by the Denny's segment they were dying laughing. I got a little nervous when they started the Craig's House segment, thinking the new listeners might find it extreme (I mean that's PRIME Craig's House period,) but that naturally that was the part that had them laughing the hardest.

And on top of that, Seth's best bit calling Jonathan out as a fake vegan! "'I'm Vegan. gently caress Doritos, I'd never eat a Dorito.' I've seen you eat Doritos! 'It's an exception, I always give myself an exception. One...or two.'"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

JethroMcB posted:

I introduced two friends to the show with that episode, completely by accident. It was the random episode I had picked for a long drive, and by the Denny's segment they were dying laughing. I got a little nervous when they started the Craig's House segment, thinking the new listeners might find it extreme (I mean that's PRIME Craig's House period,) but that naturally that was the part that had them laughing the hardest.

And on top of that, Seth's best bit calling Jonathan out as a fake vegan! "'I'm Vegan. gently caress Doritos, I'd never eat a Dorito.' I've seen you eat Doritos! 'It's an exception, I always give myself an exception. One...or two.'"

Oh God, I knew that the vegan bit was in the episode, but I for the life of me I couldn't find it.

Plus the Playgirl bit on top of the vegan rant..holy hell there is so much concentrated awesome in that episode.

"I'm gonna get a Snickers Charged, some Newports, and a Playgirl. "..and d'ya have matches? I'm gonna light it all on fire."

edit: also, because I clearly can't praise this episode enough: It's No Big Deal, You Need To Get Over It.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 11, 2012

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
He wasn't calling Jah out, just someone he knew. Jah didn't stop being vegan for like two more years.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CortezFantastic posted:

He wasn't calling Jah out, just someone he knew. Jah didn't stop being vegan for like two more years.

Naw dawg, they were specifically talking about places Jon had been to.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GobiasIndustries posted:

edit: also, because I clearly can't praise this episode enough: It's No Big Deal, You Need To Get Over It.

"You 'Saw God?' 'I saw GOD, Satan Woman.' You're askin' for it!"

CortezFantastic posted:

This was pre-Tuna (Tunee) eating. Seth calls Jonathan out on saying that he's a vegan but routinely eating cheese. "I've literally only eaten with this guy like three times in the last month, he's had cheese at all three meals."

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Whenever I read "dawg" now it's "dahg" in my head, thanks Seth

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Fayez Butts posted:

Oh no! I already don't recognize that reference!
"The idea is simple: 2 real dudes sit naked on a bed and face each other, then scoot in sitting butt-to-butt. Ballsacks dangling on each other. Then we trade off lubing and stroking. 2 hard upright cocks creating one humongous dick. Believe me, it’s awesome. With some luck, practice and timing, we can pace ourselves to shoot giant loads at the same time. I call it twin jets." (116)

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Tripletssss. Quadrupletssss

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Decided to listen to 127 based on the discussion and Seth bringing up cyberbullying in Aug 2008 is so ON POINT

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

The whole stretch of eps from 125-130 is maybe the best the show's ever been. I suspect it's because those were the filmed episodes so the guys really brought their A-game, but they're just so, so good.

128 also has my favorite Whole Foods/celebrity encounter story, with Seth finding not just Brad Pitt but the cast of The Hills, followed by Seth and Jah comparing which celebrities they've seen at Whole Foods.

Zeeco
Jan 4, 2012

Binowru posted:

The whole stretch of eps from 125-130 is maybe the best the show's ever been. I suspect it's because those were the filmed episodes so the guys really brought their A-game, but they're just so, so good.

128 also has my favorite Whole Foods/celebrity encounter story, with Seth finding not just Brad Pitt but the cast of The Hills, followed by Seth and Jah comparing which celebrities they've seen at Whole Foods.

Don't leave 120-124 out, they're all right in the same league.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Just listened to the whole three-hour Craiglist compilation.

What is wrong with people (and what's wrong with me for listening to that whole thing)

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Episode 330 is up! on time :O

I'm gonna listen to it now.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It's almost funnier listening to it again now that I'm not standing uncomfortably the whole time.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Such a great live episode, probably their best. Maybe even one of their best episodes period.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Haven't listened to it yet, but for the people who were there: Were there any visual gags that wouldn't translate well to the podcast? (other than Seth and Jah's awesome facial expressions, of course)

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It was a really good episode. I love in the live episodes how the vibe's so different but it's still the same show. Like, Jah's a little giddier, Seth's a little more nervous. And they know what the fans want, that's for loving sure. I like that we even got a couple of short Seth rants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Binowru posted:

Haven't listened to it yet, but for the people who were there: Were there any visual gags that wouldn't translate well to the podcast? (other than Seth and Jah's awesome facial expressions, of course)

The only real one is, at the beginning, Jah came out waving an American flag and Seth was tossing around a container of marshmallow Fluff. Later on Jah also refers to how glad he is to have chosen to be the sitting one early on in the show but I don't think he says it aloud so much as gestures to himself.