Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

I don't have many litterbox issues with my cats except sometimes when Lenny has digestive issues he leaves a nasty, stinky runny glob of poo poo right on top of the litter without burying it (probably cause he's too disgusted), then he energetically SPRINGS out of the box throwing litter and poop everywhere.

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>

beatlegs posted:

I don't have many litterbox issues with my cats except sometimes when Lenny has digestive issues he leaves a nasty, stinky runny glob of poo poo right on top of the litter without burying it (probably cause he's too disgusted), then he energetically SPRINGS out of the box throwing litter and poop everywhere.

tahts how i always feel after diarrhea

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

same

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

flyboi posted:

You want to talk about stupid cat tendencies? Well gizmo is the goddess of this. Food in her dish? Nope, she must pull her kibble from the dish and eat it off the floor. Piece by piece.

Litterboxes? Well if gizmo has used a box and it isn't promptly cleaned pissing/making GBS threads on the floor is the only alternative. She is a god drat queen

I can't compare to that with a cat story but my mom's dog not only takes food out of the bowl before eating it, she then does what i can only describe as a dog sperg/ocd headbutt on the food bowl for up to 5 minutes at a time. If this knocks all the food out the bowl she may or may not stop

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

My cat eats normally from the bowl but she mouf so tiny she cracks a kibble in half but then half of it usually falls out and she won't eat it.

cmon, 5 second rule, cat...

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
please make a video of that

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLnEbH8vLKY

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

kozmo thinks (and shits) outside the box about twice a week.

he just gets all settled down in the litter, hangs his butt out, and then i get to clean things.

CATTES!

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

flyboi posted:

You want to talk about stupid cat tendencies? Well gizmo is the goddess of this. Food in her dish? Nope, she must pull her kibble from the dish and eat it off the floor. Piece by piece.

Prof. Meowmers takes kibble out one by one and shakes each one to kill it before she eats it. She is not good at eating

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

flyboi posted:

Same for Tattoo. Also, spitting kibbles in his water bowl and regularly putting in a litter-laden paw. Water changing is an hourly activity in this house because of His Majesty's humble habits.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Someone told a story here about a wicked old cat that would just put its front paws in the box and piss all over the floor

Always loved that visual

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

"cattes own and give no fucks"

- this thread

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

Someone told a story here about a wicked old cat that would just put its front paws in the box and piss all over the floor

Always loved that visual

lol my mom's cat does this so she made her be an outdoor cat

not really a big deal, weather's fine and this cat is fat as heck all she does is sleep on the porch all day she won't even leave the back yard

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

fat* cats are the best cats

*not to be confused with fluffy cats

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

gooby on rails posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2zAHjklrNU

wish they had opened the door at the end and shown the cat sitting on its horde like a dragon

Those people have a lot of socks. In many colors.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
every day i'm hustlin' (the poop out of the box)

u should have 2 plastic litter buckets
one still has litter in it and is what you fill with
the other is the last bucket you used up
this one you put the clumps in every day! and whenever you use up the supply bucket, toss the whole drat poop bucket and rotate

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

litter talk what's the best one to get? i usually get arm & hammer I think but it's kinda poo poo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i aint picky, whatevers in the big 28 lb tub for 12 bucks at petsmart

DO YOU HAVE YOUR PETPERKS CARD

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

i aint picky, whatevers in the big 28 lb tub for 12 bucks at petsmart

DO YOU HAVE YOUR PETPERKS CARD

NO BUT HERE IS MY PHONE NUMBER (gives them phone number of boyfriend who has pet perks card)

i use tidycats multi cat, i kind of want to switch to something else but i don't know if anything will make litter boxes suck less

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i use Cat Attract and it solved 99% of my problems with cats ever peeing outside the box

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

i just use the bulk poo poo from petco, worksforme

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i used to use swheat scoop because my wife always wants to get "all natural" stuff for some reason but it made my basement stink so now i use tidy cat multi cat $6/20# and the smell is much less terrible.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
heres some cat that showed up in me garden. idk whos it is

handsome fella imo check out the eyebrows

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Rufo posted:

heres some cat that showed up in me garden. idk whos it is

handsome fella imo

yeah. I would pet that catte all day.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
this is a 'feline pine' household for litter but ever since they did the "NOW ABSORBS 2X FASTER" formula I have to change it much quicker. I go through a loving bag a week now. :mad: I would change to clumping stuff but dexter and lulu piss a lot and it just turns their litter box into a box of clay within a day. wheat scoop means loving dust everywhere. ugh.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

white friggin ear tufts

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

OC is my favorite. also you're going to lose your hand one day (unless it's clean)

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

seriously, she makes a mess

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

flyboi posted:

Elmer also eats like this. Over the winter I picked up some boot trays at the target and put them under his food bowls. It seems to help with clean up.

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

flyboi posted:

that ain't poo poo, man. i got two flat-faced cats. there's food on the floor for like 5 feet around their bowls. fuckin kibble rollin all over the drat place.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

Always loved that visual

i still think of this and laugh all the time

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Always loved that visual

my cat gets too lazy to get her butt all the way in the litterbox so we have a pee pad outside of it cause cats are not good pets

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

wilford brimley tuxedo catte?!

Lenny Nero
Apr 14, 2007

I'm the magic man...The Santa Claus of the subconscious
Litterchatte: I've been using http://swheatscoop.com/ for a few years now. It works well and the benefit is that you can flush everything.

Tunnelman
Feb 28, 2010

aaag air flow
We've been using Nature's Miracle litter and really like it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
martha is out of her cage

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Wanna boop that cat on the nose, even though I know he'll disapprove of me.