Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Oh god I'm hitting the TVDB v. Rest of the World naming convention problem with Robot Chicken of all shows. I'm -this- close to writing a general autoProcessTV.py + post-processing patch for Sickbeard that'll let you choose the episode naming religion (TVDB or Scene might be appropriate labels?) in renamed files and associated metadata.

wolrah posted:

I've half-started on the same idea quite a few times, warning that it's a lot harder to do right than it sounds. If you or anyone else actually gets something going, I'll help whenever and however I can.
What sort of issues have you hit so far? From what I've gathered we need to understand the distinction between special episodes, the definition of a show name in the first place, and standard episode numbers in a season (or date-based episode numbering) of a TV show - this would be across sources like DVD rips v. TV broadcast v. Blu-Ray. Then there's the oddball non-scene sanctioned releases that are common among torrent trackers, but those are so unstructured I'd go nuts. I was going to use Wikipedia as an episode name source to output against for starters. I can think of a few more cases of mismatches from what's downloaded and what's in official sources, but that'd be a bit elaborate to describe in a short post. This doesn't seem like an insurmountable problem to me and could be done "brute-force" by including the meta-metadata (schema I suppose) information on a per-show basis rather than to approach it as a general problem.

Scraping TVDB is not the aim in my efforts exactly though - I'm just thinking of adding another episode naming source that you can turn on per show. TVDB is great for the majority of shows... then it starts butting heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I've been poking around (as best as I can) and when I try to run SickBeard as a Daemon in Terminal, I get an ImportError about not being able to find Cheetah.Template .

Does anyone have any idea what I might do to fix this? This all started last night post Mountain Lion GM.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

:eurovision:

Feenix posted:

So I've been poking around (as best as I can) and when I try to run SickBeard as a Daemon in Terminal, I get an ImportError about not being able to find Cheetah.Template .

Does anyone have any idea what I might do to fix this? This all started last night post Mountain Lion GM.

You need the python-cheetah module for M. Lion. Make sure it's compatible. If the stable release isn't, the development version from git might. https://github.com/cheetahtemplate/cheetah

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

zalmoxes posted:

You need the python-cheetah module for M. Lion. Make sure it's compatible. If the stable release isn't, the development version from git might. https://github.com/cheetahtemplate/cheetah

Thanks! I'll try that. I admit though, I have no idea how the Github stuff works. Is there just a download button somewhere for me to click on to get the right Cheetah thing?

There's a lot going on on that page. :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Actually, while I wouldn't midn checking out the new Cheetah stuff you linked to, reinstalling Cheetah last night had it working again (except my startup scripts won't work... I get that Shell Command error.) But I could start it up as a Daemon no problem.

However, this morning, (after my computer slept on it's own from last night) when I went to my browser window for SickBeard it wouldn't load. I tried running SB as a daemon again and I got this:

randon-Griffins-iMac:sickbeard BSTAR$ python sickbeard.py -d
Brandon-Griffins-iMac:sickbeard BSTAR$ Exception in thread HTTPServer Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 504, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "/Applications/Sickbeard/cherrypy/process/servers.py", line 75, in _start_http_thread
self.httpserver.start()
File "/Applications/Sickbeard/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.py", line 1634, in start
raise socket.error(msg)
error: [Errno 48] Address already in use

I have no idea what changed since last night.

pearofducks
Jan 21, 2003

quack?
I can confirm installing Mountain Lion borks Cheetah (and thus SickBeard).

1) Just download the file here:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Cheetah/2.4.4

2) Extract it
3) cd to that directory and then run
4) sudo python setup.py install

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Laserface posted:

As an Australian, a useful feature for sickbeard would be a customisable time-zone, so you can see when stuff is actually going to be available.

I mean, I can do the math in my head, but I dont really want to.

You don't really need one if you look at the Coming Episodes tab - The pink missed episodes that aired yesterday are the ones that'll be grabbed today at about noonish, everything else airs the next day or later.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.
Perhaps someone can help me understand how something like Supernews, nzb.su, and your reader all interface?

Say I get an account at Supernews and then use nzb.su as my indexer, how do these two interface? I don't see any options on nzb that lets you say "Hey I have an account at Supernews!", so my question would be how are the two linked together, because it appears you can just download any nzb file with no mention of Supernews, so why pay them the $10 bucks?

I am sure there is something I am missing, but I didn't see it mentioned in the OP, and after reading the first 15 pages or so I didn't see it discussed. I know it all works together somehow, but I like to know how.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Supernews: usenet provider
nzb.su: usenet scraper
sabnzbd: program that downloads stuff

You go to your usenet scraper site, click on the SABNZBD button, it sends it to the program and downloads from your usenet provider. Without a usenet provider your .NZB file is useless.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

So then basically nzb indexes all usenet providers, and when sabnzbd downloads something it grabs the appropriate file from whoever your provider of choice is?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

NZB scraper sites index most (not all I am pretty sure) usenet groups. This is so you don't have to download every header of every group. And yes, SAB downloads from your usenet provider using the .NZB file. You can also set up scraper sites like nzb.su or nzb.org to send the NZB directly to your client without downloading anything to your local computer.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Well I knew it was something simple I was missing, thanks.

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

I got sabnzbd and Sick Beard setup with my computer last night, and I have to say its a pretty slick setup, I wish I had read this thread before yesterday!

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone know how and where to find the Derek Smart flame war that has been ongoing over Usenet since 1996? I want to see how bad this 16 year long argument is. Given that I've used the NZB format and associated indexing sites my entire time with Usenet I have no clue on how to properly crawl and parse the headers the old fashioned way.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

YouTuber posted:

Does anyone know how and where to find the Derek Smart flame war that has been ongoing over Usenet since 1996? I want to see how bad this 16 year long argument is. Given that I've used the NZB format and associated indexing sites my entire time with Usenet I have no clue on how to properly crawl and parse the headers the old fashioned way.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!

I think

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

YouTuber posted:

This site seems to have an archive of sorts: http://flamewarfollies.com/

I didn't have much luck searching with Google Groups, but I also didn't try hard. For future reference though Google Groups is basically the search engine and archive for usenet text. They bought DejaNews a while back and merged Usenet archiving in with their discussion system.

If you're looking for recent posts, you can also use a newsreader application. Most full-featured mail clients (Thunderbird, Outlook, etc.) still have one or there are dedicated newsreaders like Pan or Free Agent (I have no idea if Free Agent is still relevant, it's been years). Text retention on even ISP servers is often absolutely enormous because years of text posts don't add up to the amount of data in a day's binaries. A full Usenet feed is around 10TB a day, but actual text traffic is somewhere around 500MB/day.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Has anyone tried using Sickstache on their android phone and got it working with Sickbeard? I installed it and put in all of the correct information, but it keeps giving me an error message, and i dont know what the gently caress.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Porkchop Express posted:

Has anyone tried using Sickstache on their android phone and got it working with Sickbeard? I installed it and put in all of the correct information, but it keeps giving me an error message, and i dont know what the gently caress.

Just tried it, this app is great. Did you configure sickbeard to be accessible over your network, or is it localhost only?

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

:eurovision:

paradigmm posted:

Just tried it, this app is great. Did you configure sickbeard to be accessible over your network, or is it localhost only?

you need to make the address in sickbeard be 0.0.0.0 instead of localhost. And if you want it accessible from outside your local network, you have to forward the port on your router.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

I have it set to local only, how do I set up sickbeard with an ip address instead of just localhost?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I have Qouch for iOS but does anyone know if something more interactive or full-featured is out or in the pipeline? Sickstache sounds like it does more than Qouch, but is Android only...

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I'm using mediadog on android which handles sab, sickbeard, couchpotato and now headphones. Its $2 on the play store but the dev offers a free apk on the sab or xbmc forums.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

FCKGW posted:

I'm using mediadog on android which handles sab, sickbeard, couchpotato and now headphones. Its $2 on the play store but the dev offers a free apk on the sab or xbmc forums.

Looks like you can't search for nzb files with it though. NZBUnity does SAB/SB/CP and let's you search nzbmatrix.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Does anyone else have a problem where they download a NZB from NZBmatrix and it opens in sabnzbd, it shows it downloading at 0 KB/s, but its obviously going much faster?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Porkchop Express posted:

Does anyone else have a problem where they download a NZB from NZBmatrix and it opens in sabnzbd, it shows it downloading at 0 KB/s, but its obviously going much faster?

I believe that means it has been completely removed from the server. Is it downloading faster than your connection speed?

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I believe that means it has been completely removed from the server. Is it downloading faster than your connection speed?

Hard to say without the monitor, but it ended up being corrupted so i guess thats whatit was.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I downloaded a 35GB archive with about 15 big files all in their own RARs. It downloaded successfully, yet when I unpack it, all 15 display CRC errors.

EDIT: Okay, a bunch of other files I downloaded around the same time are also displaying CRC errors. I have no idea what is happening.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer
Try searching for the individual files on binsearch or another raw search engine, they may have their own PAR sets. If you can't find them, and you still have the big archive, and you have enough free space on a different hard drive, try extracting it there. I had the same problem once, and it turned out my drive had bad sectors.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I installed SABnzbd to a new computer (OSX) and for some reason it doesn't have any pre-configured categories.

I still have it installed on the old computer, is there a way for me to export/import them or copy over the file and edit the package contents?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

mistermojo posted:

I installed SABnzbd to a new computer (OSX) and for some reason it doesn't have any pre-configured categories.

I still have it installed on the old computer, is there a way for me to export/import them or copy over the file and edit the package contents?

Can't you just spend the 30 seconds it takes to make them?

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Keito posted:

Can't you just spend the 30 seconds it takes to make them?

I guess, I was just surprised that a new installation doesn't come with any

edit: yeah I'll just remake them, for some reason I thought there were a lot more categories than there are

mistermojo fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 14, 2012

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.
I just installed SABnzbd on Debian and set it up. Whenever I restart the computer and go to SABnzbd again, it brings me back to the wizard and all of my settings are erased. I'm running SABnzbd using startup and shutdown scripts, which you can see here (startup.sh) and here (shutdown.sh). What gives?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Shane-O-Mac posted:

I just installed SABnzbd on Debian and set it up. Whenever I restart the computer and go to SABnzbd again, it brings me back to the wizard and all of my settings are erased. I'm running SABnzbd using startup and shutdown scripts, which you can see here (startup.sh) and here (shutdown.sh). What gives?

My guess would be it doesn't have permission to modify your home directory. Are you pi? What user does sabnzbd run as?

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Mthrboard posted:

Try searching for the individual files on binsearch or another raw search engine, they may have their own PAR sets. If you can't find them, and you still have the big archive, and you have enough free space on a different hard drive, try extracting it there. I had the same problem once, and it turned out my drive had bad sectors.

2 out of 6 drives in my NAS are displaying this.

code:
199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count    0x0032   200   200   000    Old_age   Always       -       1
Should I be worried? The other smartctl stats look fine.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...

Porkchop Express posted:

this is happening for me on nzb.su on every single large file, even some that are weeks old.

edit: nzbmatrix is doing the same thing.

thrawn86 fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jul 15, 2012

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

FISHMANPET posted:

My guess would be it doesn't have permission to modify your home directory. Are you pi? What user does sabnzbd run as?

Well I'm no Linux expert, but SAB is being run with sudo, and I changed the permissions of the pi directory to 777.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
I've been having a really annoying problem with CP. Sometimes it just won't search for certain terms. If I leave out a word it will sometimes return results and I'm able to find what I'm looking for.

Is there a fix for this?

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Shane-O-Mac posted:

Well I didn't really solve the problem, but I got around it. I ditched the startup and shutdown scripts altogether. I reinstalled SABnzbd, and now I run it with "python SABnzbd.py -b0 -s 0.0.0:8080". I shutdown the programs using their built-in shutdown buttons. It takes a lot longer, but I shouldn't have to do it often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Shane-O-Mac posted:

Well I'm no Linux expert, but SAB is being run with sudo, and I changed the permissions of the pi directory to 777.

You shouldn't do that. There's no reason to believe SAB has any major security issues, but there's also no reason to tempt fate by running it with root privs.