Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Ancillary Character posted:

Every time I re-watch this episode, I always watch for him to take the box of raisins as he leaves.

I always kind of found it a little "incomplete" that this particular plot point never got a real resolution. One of the few times George was right- and even when he called him out on it he just flat out lied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Coffee And Pie posted:

She really looks like a Lily! (note: I have a dog named Lily, and this is the reason we give for naming her that)

I have a cat named Cosmo :iia:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aww, look at the little bastard :3:

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

BrandNew posted:

Do you have any conceivable reason for even getting up in the morning?

I like to get The Daily News.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Aww, look at the little bastard :3:
Get that son of a bitch to make us another round!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

CaptainHollywood posted:

I always kind of found it a little "incomplete" that this particular plot point never got a real resolution. One of the few times George was right- and even when he called him out on it he just flat out lied.

I watched this ep a few weeks ago when I was bored and internetless, and found myself actually agreeing with George at least a few times, this being one of them. That guy was a loving creep and even threatened him.

Also, that guy that complained about the neck hole in his sweater, he was an rear end in a top hat too.

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.
Does anyone know what these EWR things are on their refrigerators? Google tells me that it's the Newark airport code, but I'm at a loss as to what these papers are for.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Maybe it's a parking pass?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Chicolini posted:

Does anyone know what these EWR things are on their refrigerators? Google tells me that it's the Newark airport code, but I'm at a loss as to what these papers are for.

They're going to a catered affair dressed like that?

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

jojoinnit posted:

They're going to a catered affair dressed like that?

STOP IT FRANK YOU'RE KILLING HIM

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
You're not the only one improving yourself. I worked out with a dumbbell yesterday, I feel vigorous.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

A new promo for Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Michael Richards confirmed!

E: A longer promo. This seems really good, like a more chilled out Talking Funny. Also Larry David spittake. :v:

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 12, 2012

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Stare-Out posted:

E: A longer promo. This seems really good, like a more chilled out Talking Funny. Also Larry David spittake. :v:

So is this show all improv or is it scripted but looks imrovd? (improv'd? improved? gently caress it)

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Macaluso posted:

So is this show all improv or is it scripted but looks imrovd? (improv'd? improved? gently caress it)
I'm pretty sure it's just a chat show. A chat and comedy and diner and car show.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Macaluso posted:

I think you have to give up the abbrev'n and go with improvised.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
The EWR things on the fridge are receipts from the parking lots. I don't know why he'd keep them on the fridge, but that's what they are.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He could claim them as business expense on his taxes.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

mints posted:

The EWR things on the fridge are receipts from the parking lots. I don't know why he'd keep them on the fridge, but that's what they are.

Don't you see? There are no parking meters out here.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Stare-Out posted:

God drat, Jerry Seinfeld has the best loving cars. :allears:

I hear that Leno has the better collection, though, and that they're always competing to see who can get the rarer car.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Stare-Out posted:

Larry David refusing to play ball is wonderful.

"I can talk to you just as well as if this had coffee in it!"

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
So, you see, the whole incident turned out to be a God blessing!

complicated shoes
Sep 11, 2001

Do you do tongue pushups?
I'm not treating you to lunch ANYMORE!

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?
I've finished season two :). My favourites were 'The Pony Remark', 'The Phone Message', 'The Chinese Restaurant' and 'The Bus Boy'. Some of the others were kinda forgettable, but I have high hopes for season three!

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I'm pretty sure that most will agree that season three is where it really starts to pick up. I think there are a few weaker ones in there (The Dog, The Stranded), but it has a lot of great ones too. And thankfully they never try any serious romance between Jerry and Elaine after season two.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

notsoape posted:

I've finished season two :). My favourites were 'The Pony Remark', 'The Phone Message', 'The Chinese Restaurant' and 'The Bus Boy'. Some of the others were kinda forgettable, but I have high hopes for season three!

I'm very curious about your thoughts on seasons 8 & 9, which are "different" for reasons I won't spoil here. You're like a lab rat for this thread.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Seriously, I can't even compute the idea of seeing seasons 8 and 9 for the first time. This is the kind of thing I'd waste a perfectly good time machine doing.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I watched every episode for the first time last year, and I'd agree it starts to get really good from season three onwards. It's good before, but it just gets even better after that.

What's wrong with The Dog though? I love that episode. Maybe it's because I knew a dog like that.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

McDragon posted:

I watched every episode for the first time last year, and I'd agree it starts to get really good from season three onwards. It's good before, but it just gets even better after that.

What's wrong with The Dog though? I love that episode. Maybe it's because I knew a dog like that.

Honestly I haven't seen it in several years, so maybe I should give it another chance, but I just remember not liking it. I just read the episode description on Wikipedia and I think it was really only the A plot that I didn't enjoy.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is The Dog the one with the guy next to Jerry on the plane getting sick and Jerry having to take care of his dog for him? Or the one where Elaine has the neighbor with the dog that won't shut up so she and Kramer and Newman kidnap the dog and let him free upstate but he somehow finds his way home?

From what I remember, neither of those were particularly good episodes, but the latter was better.

Although the former had George's PROGNOSISSSSSSSSS NEGATIVVVVVVVVVVVE greeting, didn't it?

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
So I'm looking to get into Seinfeld. What are my options for watching it on my TV other than the dvds and 10 episodes they have on Crackle?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Is The Dog the one with the guy next to Jerry on the plane getting sick and Jerry having to take care of his dog for him? Or the one where Elaine has the neighbor with the dog that won't shut up so she and Kramer and Newman kidnap the dog and let him free upstate but he somehow finds his way home?

From what I remember, neither of those were particularly good episodes, but the latter was better.

Although the former had George's PROGNOSISSSSSSSSS NEGATIVVVVVVVVVVVE greeting, didn't it?

It's the former.

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?
I just watched the dog episode, and the difficulty is that I'm watching it in 2012, instead of 1991. You don't ever see the dog, and the stage-hand-pulling-at-the-lead-just-out-of-shot thing looks corny as hell. That said, I loved the 'George and Elaine find it awkward to talk to each other without Jerry' thing - the awkwardness of being 'friends-in-law' is so true, and not something I'd seen represented comedically before.

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?
Out of interest, have any Seinfeld fans watched 'Grandma's House'? It's another observation-comedy-about-personal-relationships-where-nothing-really-happens which, though not as funny, has a Seinfeldy kind of air (I think). It's a British comedy, written and acted-in by Simon Amstell, and some of ya'll might like it :)

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

notsoape posted:

Out of interest, have any Seinfeld fans watched 'Grandma's House'? It's another observation-comedy-about-personal-relationships-where-nothing-really-happens which, though not as funny, has a Seinfeldy kind of air (I think). It's a British comedy, written and acted-in by Simon Amstell, and some of ya'll might like it :)

Haven't seen it but I love Simon Amstell and Seinfeld, so I'll suck it and see.

Also please don't stop giving us your impressions as you watch. I'd force you to write your thoughts on every episode if I could. :)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

astrollinthepork posted:

So I'm looking to get into Seinfeld. What are my options for watching it on my TV other than the dvds and 10 episodes they have on Crackle?

They play it a lot on TBS, if you're willing to sit through commercials and the runtime cuts.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Its not on as much as it used to be, but local affiliates and TBS usually have it on at some point in the day.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I usually watch 4 episodes of it on TBS on the weekdays: 2 at 6pm & 6:30pm and 2 at 1am & 1:30am.

I do this most weekdays and have for quite some time, and they're always episodes I've seen multiple times before, but I still never tire of them v:v:v

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

In the local syndication run Seinfeld rolled the finale I want to say just last night with the second part airing tonight. So on Monday, Seinfeld will reset back to Season 1 with The Pilot. Perfect time to set the DVR to capture the show in order if you want to jump aboard.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I get 2 episodes on Fox, two on TBS, and then then another two on TBS/Fox at night.

You people with the cheese. It never ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Cheese, George! Cheese!