Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Where's the apple for scale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Apple action comes tomorrow! That wasn't one of their product pictures, it was from a video reveal.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Damnit Hot Toys, your DKR line was already hurting my wallet.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That Jim Gordon looks really well done, the other two Toy Faire exclusives tho look like poo poo, facially at least.

Also APPLE SCALE

$800 US

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
So this week Toys R Us has a sale on all GI Joe single pack figures - $7 each. Not great, but I went to my local one looking to pick up the new movie Zartan which I've been thinking of getting lately. I get to the GI Joe section and much to my surprise instead of the movie 3.75" figures, I found(and bought the gently caress out of) the following:

- Renegades Airtight
- Renegades Law & Order
- Lifeline
- Sci-Fi
- Steel Brigade
- 2 Zombie Vipers

:dukedog:

So I dunno what's going on, if this was an anomaly or not, but check out your local TRU and see what they have in stock, because a week ago the shelves at this place were clogged with movie poo poo.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Yeah, TRU.com has the same prices right now and even have some PoC stuff on there.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Whelp.

Hot Toys just got the license for Batman 66.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Whelp.

Hot Toys just got the license for Batman 66.

Oh no....if we get a Cesar Romero Joker, I will not be able to say no.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If they do they better leave his mustache in that he never bothered to shave for the role.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

It isn't that he didn't bother to shave it -- he flat-out refused to do so, as he considered it to essentially be his trademark. The producers wanted him, though, so they agreed to just put makeup over it.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I found the Marvel Select unmasked Spider-Man figure at my Disney store today. The figure is really cool, and the likeness is pretty good too.

Jace Madan fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 12, 2012

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Is the SDCC helicarrier larger than the retail version?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 6, 2014

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

NECA's new lineup for later this year and next year is going to totally bankrupt me, and I can't wait!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I don't go for MOTUC, and outside of Optikk I don't see myself ever owning another one, but this loving thing...drat.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cocks Cable posted:

Is the SDCC helicarrier larger than the retail version?

Yeah its 4 feet, whereas the retail one is 3 feet.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

What's that red predator from? Is he part of a storyline or just an excuse for a repaint? Something about the color just doesn't seem very Predator-like to me.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

What's that red predator from? Is he part of a storyline or just an excuse for a repaint? Something about the color just doesn't seem very Predator-like to me.
He cameos at the end of Batman: Dead End and he's (apparently) based on an unused concept intended for 'Predator 2'.

He's not quite a repaint - the mask is new, as is the left gauntlet and the "samurai" looking stuff around his waist.

Apparently NECA is planning to do other "expanded universe" Predators from the comics and video games, but no word on specifics yet.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Hey sweet, Marvel Universe is finally getting a Rogue and it's about-

:downs:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

^^^ LMAO - loving terrible. I hope those are like $5 most, what pieces of poo poo.

Wow, NECA's sculpts are getting really drat good.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

NECA has been on a roll this year.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

"Game over man, game over" - My wallet.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Hey sweet, Marvel Universe is finally getting a Rogue and it's about-

:downs:

Man, beside the fact she looks like she has poo brain she looks pretty good.

Marvel revealed what the new figure is for subscribing to their digital archives today.

Infinity Gauntlet Doom!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Oh god drat it, Sideshow is finally adding more named Cobra villains to their sixth scale line-up:

Peep that bionic arm on Major Bludd, Cobra's resident poet:

"When you're feeling low and woozy
Slap a fresh clip in your uzi
Assume the proper firing stance
And make those suckers jump and dance."

My wallet says "gently caress you" as I open it for the last vestiges of cash I have. Who needs to eat, right?

For you Alien dudes, sounds like Super 7 will be making some vintage toys based on the original movie, complete with early 80s "articulation."

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 12, 2012

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Eh, nah, I'm good.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

More for me, then! :D

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
That baroness may finally make me buy a sideshow doll. Man.

Also, how are the transformers masterpiece figures? I'm interested in the new soundwave, because I've always loved the character, but 170 bucks seems rather pricey.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
New Marvel Legends have been revealed at SDCC, and Action Figure Insider has photos: http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/close-up-marvel-legends-pics

Wave 3, due out later this year, will include a lot we've already seen: Ultimate Captain America and U.S. Agent (running variants), Punisher and Blade (running variants), '90s red and gold Iron Man, Dr. Doom, Deadpool (gray and red running variants), and Mystique (modern black leather look) and Dani Moonstar (running variants). No BAF in this wave, I'm afraid.

Wave 4, due out in early 2013, includes Sentry and Hyperion (running variants), white costume Iron Fist, Protector, Red She-Hulk, and Archangel.

They all look good, but the only one I'm definitely on board for is Iron Fist. I was really hoping for his modern costume in green and yellow, but I'll take the white and gold over the older open shirt/high collar/slippers costume that Toy Biz made.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really want that Iron Man, holy crap does it look good.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

The running variants really bum me out when they're different characters.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Definitely need that Doom. (both)

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

It looks like Sideshow will be doing some DC sixth scale figures:

More pics here

Admittedly, Sideshow has not been as consistent in quality over the years as Hot Toys, and they sometimes have issues with cloth pieces but they have improved quite a lot (poorly made suits for The Dead figures compared to the well-tailored uniforms of recent GI Joes) and they work best when going for pseudo-realism and minutia of accessories (eg modernizing the Joe line to appear more like proper military units instead of streamlined cartoon figures), for which comic characters can be well suited.

Aside from Harley it doesn't look like any liberties were taken with the outfits, and even her corset is a suitable addition. The worst of the bunch is Supes, not because he looks bad, but because Hot Toys beat them to the punch with Christopher Reeve and it's gonna be impossible to top that.

Bonus close-up of the gorgeous Baroness head sculpt:

Finally, I realize I'm like the only one here that cares, but Four Horsemen have their Vampire Queen and Raven (with some variants) on display. Their female sculpts work really well when they've got intricate clothing, much better than how most of their Matty women have turned out. And nobody does animals like they do:

Man, I get way too excited by toys.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Holy crap! New Sentry and Hyperion figures? Is it the Supreme Power Hyperion or the classic one I wonder? That entire wave looks amazing, although the Protector helmet is as ugly as ever.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Bushifox posted:

Also, how are the transformers masterpiece figures? I'm interested in the new soundwave, because I've always loved the character, but 170 bucks seems rather pricey.

You know there's a whole Transformers thread, right?

And that question depends entirely on who you're asking. Overall they're not bad toys, some miles better than others. Soundwave looks like he'll be pretty good and solid. $170 is the price you'll be paying for the must have now Japanese release. The model is usually 'Japan release at $150~, TRU release some months later at $60'.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Well gee, looks like Matty leaked their create-a-figure contest winner early.

Castle Grayskull, the figure.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The_Doctor posted:

You know there's a whole Transformers thread, right?

And that question depends entirely on who you're asking. Overall they're not bad toys, some miles better than others. Soundwave looks like he'll be pretty good and solid. $170 is the price you'll be paying for the must have now Japanese release. The model is usually 'Japan release at $150~, TRU release some months later at $60'.

Actually, they confirmed that the MP-10 Prime mold will retail in the US for 100 dollars, so they may be bucking that trend :(

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Ka0 posted:

"Game over man, game over" - My wallet.

Word. I do hope there's a "cocky rear end in a top hat" face sculpt as well, though. I will buy and/all marines they want to produce.

Oh god I have to draw the line somewhere...right?

edit: oh god, they're using the original prototype molds. Welp, the line's not located here at all!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Matty Panel report

Remaining 2012 DC sub figures:
Elasti-Girl (with mini version)
John Constantine
Uncle Sam w/Doll Man
Platinum & Tin
Lead

2013 DC sub figs (assuming line goes ahead):
Saint Walker
Phantom Stranger
Elongated Man
Larfleeze
Wally West
Monseiur Mallah & Brain as club fig(s)

The mystery sub they were touting will be a comic-based Watchmen line, 6 figs at $25 each.

Those of you who signed up for the axed Ghostbusters sub will get a free glow-in-the-dark Slimer.

Lotta He-Man stuff, but I don't know what's new so you guys can get excited for that on your own. Still, seeing weird characters like Mosquitor or Skeletor giving a piggy-back ride to a dragon always put a smile on my face.
Oh yes, and Castle Greskullman :psyduck:

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Whoa. The remainder of the 2012 sub is KILLER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Anything special for us Voltron peeps? :(