Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
Not to break up the chat about Tommy's dick, but I just wanted to share these:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Slung Blade posted:

Carve it onto an obelisk.

A curved obelisk.

:golfclap:

Rixen
Feb 18, 2005

Have you had your Reich today?
I had to look up Fyre Melons and you have got to be kidding me.

An excellent find. My favorite part is the sexual philosophy section:

-Coming soon!-

Teehee. They inadvertently told a funny joke.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Welp I'm reporting that one. Seems bodily enough to be deemed offensive according to the strict guidelines support gave me. "you know the community would find that offensive even if it's not your intention."

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I love that Butterfly Bio

I don't think I ever typed up anything about my dust collecting Fire/Devices blaster. His bio line was "I put six slots in Time Bomb. That's all you need to know about me".

So I never bothered to type out how he's an Ex-Bomb Squad member taken off duty because FIRE POWERS, and has developed a drinking problem because he's developed a deep self loathing due to the horror of stopping all these purse snatchers and petty criminals by either A) Lighting them on fire in a brutal manner, or B) Land Mines.

Sometimes you just have to take a step back and realize "I just punched a purse snatcher into low orbit. What have I become?"

Hmm, I could probably use that on Virtue every other mob. "Stop! STOP! We're killing them!... Okay, yes, I know they get ,'teleported to the hospital', but seriously. I just melted a man's face off and I don't know if I'm comfortable with that. Nobody is going to believe you're an agent of justice if you keep whipping people and letting your demons eat their vital organs you know."

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Rixen posted:

I had to look up Fyre Melons and you have got to be kidding me.

An excellent find. My favorite part is the sexual philosophy section:

-Coming soon!-

Teehee. They inadvertently told a funny joke.

Fy is a Sex-Goddess. With a body to prove it. 38inch bust with G+cup breasts, 24inch waist, 38inch hips. Bright emerald green eyes. Long deep fiery red wild hair. White flawless skin. A face that screams out sexy, beautiful and intelligent. All of the curves of her perfect voluptuous body flow exactly with heavens intentions. Her rear end is just the right size, big, muscular, strong, the shape of mens dreams. Her G-cup breasts are full, perky, soft, sensitive, perfectly shaped, and have been known to grow massively beyond G-cup when she gets deeply aroused. Her nipples are large, puffy, super-sensitive with large Areolas, and perfectly placed on her tits. Fy's long ears are as much hearing organs as they are sex organs. She loves having them kissed, caressed, licked, sucked, and most of all pulled alongside her hair during rough sex. Her pubic hair is shaved in the shape of small flames, something unique every man has loved. When Fy cums you know it. She is a screamer and a squirter. Her ability to have super-messy squirting orgasms is legendary. Fy likes it very, very messy. Her pussy has been able to handle and satisfy every man she's been with, even if they were monstrous large. She prefers extremely long and thick men, but loves men of any size. She has satifying orgasms irregardless. While she is technicilly bi-sexual, she's primarily straight. Fy loves to tease and be teased. She loves foreplay and flirting. She also loves to please and be pleased. She loves all the positions and is especially fond of oral and breast sex. Fy is a sex monster; she just can't get enough of it. Fy teaches the importance of fantasy, of sexual imagination. The following is a section from Fy's class on fantasy: "Accept your lust. Learn to love it and enjoy it so that it is a source of pleasure only, never any pain. Let me be a fire in your mind. I desire for you to Imagine me, Imagine my voice, my body, my eyes, my presence, Imagine: My body shakes, my voice moans, as your fingertips caress my thighs, my waist, my rear end, my stomach and ribs, my breasts and nipples, my lips; Your hands slowy slide behind my head as my eyes burn with desire and my mouth opens to accept you; I'm on my knees enjoying a full wet mouth and shortness of breath as you test what I can handle; You look up to see the view of my 2 mountains of pleasure as your tongue erupts in a river of my sweet messy taste; I'm on my back squeezing my big soft tits together to wrap around your throbbing eager hardness; I'm on top breasts bouncing every time my rear end lands on your pelvis; I'm face down and rear end up, your man-hood is unleashed upon me, my sexy voice screaming in mulitple-orgasms as I take endless rough and deep thrusting, I'm face to face with you, speaking and moaning with deep passion, desire and love as you finish your lust's path and fill me all the way up; We are wrapped in each other, warm, alive, beautiful, snuggled and satisfied. Imagine!"

There is no way this person was not furiously beating off when he/she wrote this

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Cuchulain posted:

I have mine on a tablet.

Not the electronic device, I mean it's carved into a stone relief.

I keep mine on a micro-laser projector embedded in my hip, Bourne Identity style

that way I can always say Tommy is inside of me

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
:barf: Oh god Virtueverse is leaking into the thread.

Played on test for a bit, now I'm totally stoked for Bio Armor.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Cuchulain posted:

:barf: Oh god Virtueverse is leaking into the thread.

Played on test for a bit, now I'm totally stoked for Bio Armor.

Test is VIP only, right? Do you need to install a seperate version of the game like how you have to install TF2 Beta for, well, Team Fortress 2?

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Yeah. Copy your NCSoft Launcher shortcut and change the target to look like this "C:\Program Files\NCsoft\Launcher\NCLauncher.exe" /LaunchGame=CoHTest

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006

Cuchulain posted:

Yeah. Copy your NCSoft Launcher shortcut and change the target to look like this "C:\Program Files\NCsoft\Launcher\NCLauncher.exe" /LaunchGame=CoHTest

Also worth noting. You can start the test install, let it get to the point that it's actually downloading stuff then close it. Then, copy your live CoH folder into the test folder and delete one file - 'client.chksum' Then start up the launcher again and tell it to run a repair on the test install and it'll download only the stuff that's new on the test server.

Another thing of note is you can back up your CoH files or install the game on another computer without having to download it all again in much the same fashion.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The most amazing part is that Fyre Melons claims to be tasteful while wearing her bra made of belts.

(PS: Make a revolver. Take it out (shooting optional). Brawl someone.)

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Patware posted:

Seriously, do this. It's loving amazing.

Also, dress like a pimp when you do it.

When Patware discovered this last night, I fistpumped so hard I cracked the armrest on my chair.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Slung Blade posted:

When Patware discovered this last night, I "fistpumped" so hard I "cracked" the "armrest on my chair".

You're not fooling anyone.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

gently caress Bioarmor, lets see some of those Orgin Powersets.

Also StJ is way too much fun, as a brute or a stalker. Stalkers have a really nice interaction between combo points and their assassin's focus, and being a brute is all smash an' grab anyways. It's a shame that stalkers don't get rib-cracker, because that happens to be one of the more visually appealing abilities.

Having questions about the set in general. What's skippable and what should I be looking into, for both brute and stalker? I think I'll end up dropping out my SS/WP for StJ for better animations and no rage crash, which will be fun :suicide: farming all of the incarnate stuff again.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I just got myself the new Dark Matter Aura from the new Tweet Code Thursdays promotion they're doing.

Someone on Twitter said it's supposed to be a Kirby Dots aura. I'm not really familiar with Kirby Dots, so no idea how well it translated to a CoH Aura...

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Kheldarn posted:

Someone on Twitter said it's supposed to be a Kirby Dots aura. I'm not really familiar with Kirby Dots, so no idea how well it translated to a CoH Aura...

It's an old comic book drawing style where you use (usually black or white) dots on a solid color to sort of cut into it, and make fire or crackling energy type shapes with the negative space. So uh, doesn't really translate very much, but it's a nice homage I suppose.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

rantmo posted:

You're not fooling anyone.

It's a well developed muscle, what can I say?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Abroham Lincoln posted:

It's an old comic book drawing style where you use (usually black or white) dots on a solid color to sort of cut into it, and make fire or crackling energy type shapes with the negative space. So uh, doesn't really translate very much, but it's a nice homage I suppose.

It actually mimics the 'Kirby dot' effect really well when paired with the Battle Fury aura; of course, we can't actually do that (though Atta in the 1st episode of the SSA2 managed it somehow), but maybe they'll find a way to combine them into a single aura for player use. Or I hope so, anyway.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I finally had a resolution to the Bladder Control saga, I submitted Almost There, Montezuma's Revenge and Piso Mojado as possible replacements. They were forced to give me the last one as a suitable replacement, which to me sounds dirtier even though I know it's Spanish for "wet floor." I hope someone reports it.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

For anyone interested in Bio Armor:

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showpost.php?p=4306112&postcount=1851

The set is going to come off of Beta in a very nice state.

If you are remotely interested in this set you are going to be happy. Also, pubbies are probably going to whine about how good it is a few months from now once they realize the damage potential fully setted out. I've already pointed out it out-DPSes every other set in terms of single target too, and they are aware, so apparently what it is doing in Offensive Mode is exactly where they want it.

Three modes. Defensive (+DEF/RES, less DMG), Offensive (+25% DMG 100% chance toxic proc all attacks, -RES), and Efficiency (+END/S, everything else same)

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 13, 2012

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So, what you're saying is Spines/Bio Scrapper, right? Guess I better get busy building me one...

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Tommy 2.0 posted:

If you are remotely interested in this set you are going to be happy. Also, pubbies are probably going to whine about how good it is a few months from now once they realize the damage potential fully setted out. I've already pointed out it out-DPSes every other set in terms of single target too, and they are aware, so apparently what it is doing in Offensive Mode is exactly where they want it.

Three modes. Defensive (+DEF/RES, less DMG), Offensive (+25% DMG 100% chance toxic proc all attacks, -RES), and Efficiency (+END/S, everything else same)
Is it pretty much the same for stalkers? I might redo my stj/eng since he's only 25 anyway.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Slung Blade posted:

Seriously, do this. It's loving amazing.

Also, dress like a pimp when you do it.

When Patware discovered this last night, I fistpumped so hard I cracked the armrest on my chair.

Patware posted:

The most amazing part is that Fyre Melons claims to be tasteful while wearing her bra made of belts.

My dust collecting Ice/Will Tanker on Freedom Villain side did just this. Also, Mutation origin attack = FREE DRUG SAMPLES FOR EVERYONE.

It was amazing how many people didn't know what the Magic pack baron coat even WAS, without all the skulls and poo poo on it.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Man I wish I could put a couple peacock feathers in that wide brimmed hat that sits at the jaunty angle.

Post your pimpsuit screenshots, I will post mine when I get home.

I need to see if I can improve mine at all.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

So, what you're saying is Spines/Bio Scrapper, right? Guess I better get busy building me one...

Considering that the toxic proc in offensive aura will proc off of Quills and Genetic Contamination (bio's PBAOE aura)? And the fact that spines is getting it's ST damage boosted quite a bit? I'd say it would be a good investment.

Drizzt01 posted:

Is it pretty much the same for stalkers? I might redo my stj/eng since he's only 25 anyway.

I *think* stalkers get all that minus the sets PBAOE aura. So they will benefit from Offensive mode a lot.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Tommy 2.0 posted:

I *think* stalkers get all that minus the sets PBAOE aura. So they will benefit from Offensive mode a lot.

Stalkers, as a general rule, don't get damage auras or taunt auras since both of them gently caress with Hide. I think the damage component of the aura is replaced with a sleep that refreshes every so often though.

I think this is the first set that has a damage and a taunt aura together (making it not awful for Scrappers), and that makes my penis rock hard. And apparently it's done with changes before it hits live, so it'll either be fairly soon or several months. Kind of hard to tell these days.

Abroham Lincoln fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 14, 2012

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Welp, looks like I missed out on the codes. Was setting up an alt twitter so I don't spam people with my main I don't even use :v: A whole day later and they run out of things for their silly thing.

At least I got my facepalm emote.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Stalkers, as a general rule, don't get damage auras or taunt auras since both of them gently caress with Hide. I think the damage component of the aura is replaced with a sleep that refreshes every so often though.

I think this is the first set that has a damage and a taunt aura together (making it not awful for non-Brutes), and that makes my penis rock hard. And apparently it's done with changes before it hits live, so it'll either be fairly soon or several months. Kind of hard to tell these days.
Ah, taunt auras and Damage auras, And those that are both based on class. Part of why my gimmick Warmace Scrapper went Regen. I love me some Willpower, and Rise To The Challenge is great... But being unable to hold aggro on a team while I'm going all out on a Boss even if I try has lead to some fun (for me) times.

Let's see, Let's have some Build up and Full attack chain... Oh, you still want to attack the Blaster? That's cool I'll just hit you in the back while my regen deals with the incidental AoE splash damage. Don't worry, I'll PROBABLY kill them before they kill you. I have scraper damage CLOBBER :black101:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 14, 2012

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Kickass, I was faithful it was gonna turn out well. Sucks it's still ugly and hard to work with visually, but oh well.

How's Nature Affinity going? That seem to have been sitting pretty good, but I have no idea.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006

Cleretic posted:

Kickass, I was faithful it was gonna turn out well. Sucks it's still ugly and hard to work with visually, but oh well.

How's Nature Affinity going? That seem to have been sitting pretty good, but I have no idea.

Nature affinity isn't available to melee ATs, thus approximately no one really cares about it. I think it's had one change since it hit beta, and even that was only minor. Compare that to the several major revisions bio armor's gone through.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My little Spines/Bio guy on test is crazy fun, going to try to get him on a PL train on live whenever it's released. My only complaint with it is that I can't have armored on both arms without having armor on the legs, too.

Hey Tommy, you think Fury of the Gladiator or Armageddon proc would be better for Quills in a Spine/Bio scrapper?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Slung Blade posted:

Post your pimpsuit screenshots, I will post mine when I get home.

:whatup:

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

Section Z posted:

Oh jesus, so many Accuracy slots on a blaster. Primary powers, secondary powers, trying to pay for them when you aren't one of the Billions Are Pocket Change crowd and alchemical silvers are going for a quarter million each again. :negative:
Go and grind some alchemical silver- also..

One Accuracy SO should do fine. Use a 53 you get as a drop (38% vs 42%)

If you insist on using IOs, leave bids up for a while in stacks of 10, you'll pick them up over a few days for MUCH less than you'll need to pay. These are from people who have memorized the recipe, get the salvage themselves, trying to make more money than vendoring the recipe and AHing the salvage - and there are badge hunters doing it, too.

If you don't have money for SOs many people will be glad to help out.

BenRGamer posted:

Edit: Now that I think about it, it'd actually make FF alot more active. Imagine constantly reapplying the different Force Fields to refresh the absorb buffer in a big fight.
The solution? Have the bubbles give you something like 10-15% Max Absorb and then pulse a 2-3% absorb every few seconds. Say, +15% DEF for 2.0 Mins on target, 30 ticks of +2.5% Absorb over 2.0 Mins on target, +15% max absorb for 2.0 Mins.

That way it ramps up slowly over time, instead of being a shot of 15% of your HP.

Max Absorb and Absorb are also two different numbers being tracked by the game, "Absorb" is just like healing for your Absorb bar, which is built by the "Max Absorb" you have for a limited time. Having a means of granting longer duration max absorb in itself would be awesome, because it will extend the life of the absorb you get from shorter-duration absorb powers.

As an example- the Absorb from Bio's Ablative Carapace only lasts 30 seconds. If you somehow keep it that whole time, it goes away because you lose your max absorb. If FF gave you 15%, you'd keep that 15% absorb so long as you had the max absorb from the bubbles, even if the bubbles themselves gave you no absorb.

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Parasitic Aura buff!!! :dance:

The crack in the window that /Regen needs to fall 28 stories.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

What twitter code are you talking about because that aura looks SICK AS gently caress :pwn:

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I kept twitter open all afternoon waiting on a code. Caught it, retweeted it and my phone decided not to succeed in posting it until after time was up :smith:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Tom Powers posted:

Go and grind some alchemical silver- also..

One Accuracy SO should do fine. Use a 53 you get as a drop (38% vs 42%)

If you insist on using IOs, leave bids up for a while in stacks of 10, you'll pick them up over a few days for MUCH less than you'll need to pay. These are from people who have memorized the recipe, get the salvage themselves, trying to make more money than vendoring the recipe and AHing the salvage - and there are badge hunters doing it, too.

If you don't have money for SOs many people will be glad to help out.
I've noticed that the game loves to start dropping me third tier commons ASAP even when I'm still well into levels that need the mid tier stuff. "You're fighting level 35 enemies? Here, have some Demonic threat reports!" These days at least, I can afford commons just fine (and of course, this means they aren't going for half a million each alch silver anymore, go figure).

Then you get to level 45+ and common salvage costs like, a penny from the Give a penny take a penny tray in the auction.

Less than two accuracy slots just drives me CRAZY except when I'm being a cheapskate with early levels. Even Two accuracy feels like hardly enough a lot of the time. "Oh, cool. someone's bringing my level 36 gut along to a high level team. Fighting purples... gently caress, I missed. gently caress, I missed. gently caress, I missed. I missed my entire attack chain until Streakbreaker took pity on me. Why am I here?"

My very first lv 50 was a Bots/Dark Mastermind. Three slot accuracy on all my summons of course... Not that it mattered. Lasers! lasers and missiles everywhere! Oh, Malta remains unimpressed with my lack of hitting anything. Still, at least in that case I was contributing.

I had recall friend and Resuscitate from the medicine pool, along with the Dark rez. So whenever there was one of our many, many near full party wipes I was able to pick up the pieces.

Fake EDIT: I wish I had that, but I somehow doubt I'll ever get it. Sure, advertise something they go "Ooops, sorry! Turns out we had no idea how twitter works so we can't give people any more!"

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

Section Z posted:

I've noticed that the game loves to start dropping me third tier commons ASAP even when I'm still well into levels that need the mid tier stuff. "You're fighting level 35 enemies? Here, have some Demonic threat reports!" These days at least, I can afford commons just fine (and of course, this means they aren't going for half a million each alch silver anymore, go figure).

Then you get to level 45+ and common salvage costs like, a penny from the Give a penny take a penny tray in the auction.

Less than two accuracy slots just drives me CRAZY except when I'm being a cheapskate with early levels. Even Two accuracy feels like hardly enough a lot of the time. "Oh, cool. someone's bringing my level 36 gut along to a high level team. Fighting purples... gently caress, I missed. gently caress, I missed. gently caress, I missed. I missed my entire attack chain until Streakbreaker took pity on me. Why am I here?"
If you're using lower-level IOs, I could see doubling up on the ACC ones... but then, you also don't need to replace them every 5 levels (if you're doing that, you really, really aught to just use SOs)

I can't imagine you'll have issues with level-appropriate teams that way. If you're planning on side-kicking up a lot, you really aught to think about picking up Leadership. I pretty much do that on any of my "ranged" characters, Tactics really helps a lot in those situations, and Maneuvers can be a nice source of some extra survival. Not only will it make it a lot easier to hit enemies, but it'll make your accuracy SOs go just that much further. Just imagine if everyone else in your position on the team also had them.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Tom Powers posted:

If you're using lower-level IOs, I could see doubling up on the ACC ones... but then, you also don't need to replace them every 5 levels (if you're doing that, you really, really aught to just use SOs)

I can't imagine you'll have issues with level-appropriate teams that way. If you're planning on side-kicking up a lot, you really aught to think about picking up Leadership. I pretty much do that on any of my "ranged" characters, Tactics really helps a lot in those situations, and Maneuvers can be a nice source of some extra survival. Not only will it make it a lot easier to hit enemies, but it'll make your accuracy SOs go just that much further. Just imagine if everyone else in your position on the team also had them.
It's nothing but store bought expiring trash slotted until I'm level 30 these days anyways, unless I'm getting Stamina 3 slotted with lv 25 IO's so I can just never think about it again or something. Still, any time I miss on an even level target more than once in a row makes me cry. ESPECIALLY on a Blaster where it's Kill them first, or just die if you can't run the hell away. Or missing that second Hold with a lower level controller trying to lock down a boss.

I have been messing around with a single acc slot at lower levels, (My mentioned gimmick Warmace/Regen guy didn't get second accuracy slots until the early 30s). When I don't care and I'm not expecting to get anywhere with a throwaway gag character it's a lot more easy for me to not cram as much accuracy as I can into everything ASAP. I don't exactly power level and I like to know if what I'm using is okay for exemplaring since some pals of mine are constantly making new alts over and over. So any given character I use will be running at who knows what level usually.

I am so very glad they made it so you get experience when exemplared now. There is also the garbage scaling of higher level enhancements when you exemplar too I am frequently reminded of.

EDIT: Oh Wow, Mids didn't just update for Water Blast, but they also have Beta versions of Bio Armor and Nature affinity in it? I don't think I can recall them ever putting anything into MIDs before it was a live thing. Though the notes say "Beta water blast" and "Original, Pre nerf version" For Bio and Nature.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 14, 2012

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Man, I was going to remake a super-old dude as a Spines/Bio /before/ we realized it was godlike, now I feel cheap.

But not, you know, not so cheap as to not do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Edit: Nevermind, found the button.

• Locked thread