Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Family and motorcycles.

http://youtu.be/82iVMONcwss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdBptlmu7kA

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
A friend of mine posted up her new bike on facebook

I had to do some searching to figure out what it was cause I'd never seen a faired small Honda V-twin. Turns out it's a VTR I'm pretty sure, haven't asked her yet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_VTR250

Cool little bike, I want to check it out. I didn't know they had a smaller v-twin that wasn't the Hawk.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Those things are so goddamn hot. Modern Agustas look mild in comparison. They need to go back to those absurdly flashy paint jobs. Looking at that is like getting slapped in the face with colors.

echomadman posted:

Chesca Miles again in a Spiritualized video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwC7n8q-oHQ
Looks like mootmoot was right, Monsters are girl bikes.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

nsaP posted:

A friend of mine posted up her new bike on facebook

Haven't seen the theme of the thread? You're supposed to post a picture of her on the bike!!!

I'm kidding, don't have a poo poo fit you white knighters.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

Why is someone throwing a dog into the water?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Those things are so goddamn hot. Modern Agustas look mild in comparison. They need to go back to those absurdly flashy paint jobs. Looking at that is like getting slapped in the face with colors.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
Meet Clark Durant, Michigan candidate for the US Senate. He is somehow appropriating the "rebellion" associated with Harleys and leather jackets. Without, errr, actually riding one. Which I guess is somehow appropriate, now that I think about it. It's this sort of simplistic bullshit imagery that succeeds in American politics. The current governor ran on the premise that he was a "tough nerd." You know, the Jungian thing, sir.

http://www.clarkdurant.com/landing/rebel-with-a-cause/

Of course, it will become increasingly hilarious if this catches on and he has to drag the thing around to campaign stops.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

First video made my eyes a little teary, gotta admit.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah but most of that thing is still black. Look at the 750ss, none of it is black. It's all bright shiny poo poo. And look at that huge rear end logo on the side. They were proud of their brand name, they wanted you to know it, they're not a brooding contemplative angsty pricks. Enough of this Trent Reznor crap, I want Freddie loving Mercury back on my bikes.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

MotoMind posted:

First video made my eyes a little teary, gotta admit.
Both of them did for me. I'm such a softie.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Good ol' Icon-sponsored drift video. Two Triumph Speed Triples (?) on the run from a "Police" supercharged Mustang. Cool stuff. I prefer Tanner Foust or Daijiro Yoshihara for drifting, but Dan Brockett does a good job!

EDIT: Looking through their YouTube channel I found another pretty funny video they put out. Kind of a tongue in cheek 80's safety video that actually features useful riding reminders, and good examples of ATATT! :thumbsup:

Lanky_Nibz fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 14, 2012

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pipeburn just put this up on their facebook page.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Why is this a thing that people do?

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

Sagebrush posted:

So you can wheelie so high that you're facing backwards while traveling forwards? I hear that the laws of physics don't apply to stuntaz.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

It's like a redneck Tony Stark got access to motorbikes and decided to play around.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Sagebrush posted:

That poor VFR :cry:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I want to know who the first person was to get their bike rearended and think "THIS LOOKS AWESOME"

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Maybe it's supposed to be like "Too much wheelies!"

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Sagebrush posted:

Because they think it's cool. I mean heck, you think CL350s are cool; to each their own.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

clutchpuck posted:

Because they think it's cool. I mean heck, you think CL350s are cool; to each their own.

I don't know what your problem is with me, but this is like the tenth pissy little passive-aggressive comment you've made to one of my posts. Get the stick out of your rear end :allears:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
It's good to know somebody is keeping tally on snarkiness.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Sagebrush posted:

Throw a nice plush passenger seat on there and you pretty much have a backrest. :thumbsup:

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
http://www.vice.com/read/the-wheelying-dirt-bike-gangs-of-baltimore-twelve-o-clock-boyz-lofty-nathan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oU0fiFn_IM

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Hell yeah. If it's anything like the other vice movies I can't wait to see an awkward white guy asking them stupid questions.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You live in that area, right? Do you ever see those guys around?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Holy poo poo, at like 1:15 it's a Black Ben Affleck.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
So yesterday I blew a shock on my quad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXLtHASwrNY

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Ouch! Don't put your wrists out like that man; tuck and roll.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Hmmm...and how many posts on CA have I read this year about riders getting popped for having a fork reflector missing or some such bullshit? I really have a problem when the police are described as being "powerless" to control a given situation. They're not powerless. They could have this entire movement shut down in 24 hours if the city had the inclination or wherewithal to face the inevitable clown car full of usual suspects bringing lawsuits. I've seen cases where 1 officer had 6-8 squids lined up on the side of the road. How the hell was that possible?

I just thought he was a kind of poetic representation of why the group exists. It's kind of like Boy Scouts in the hood, or something like that.

Ah, yes. Boy Scouts. They're just out there calculating wheel height with the Pythagorean Theorem. And taggers are just artists that have somehow been deprived of access to canvas and a set of brushes. What a load of apologist nonsense.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

If you read the full interview, the guy says that while the cops aren't allowed to give chase (because in at least one past chase the guy on the bike ended up dead), they are certainly allowed to stop them in other ways, like grabbing and repeatedly subduing them while they're stopped or following them home in an unmarked car.

(By the way, my feeling on graffiti: when someone is caught, they must answer to a panel of local artists and well-respected art critics. If the graffiti is determined to be technically skilled and socially meaningful, the artist is given carte blanche and a grant. If it's lovely, they get fined/probation and have to take an art class. Make the punishment suit the crime)

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 15, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Sagebrush posted:

take an art class.

Because as a taxpayer I really want to fund the panel that tells this "artist" his graffiti sucks.
There's nothing stopping said "artist" from getting permission first.

As for not punishing the people riding illegally-
Maryland is retarded. That state has a lot of really dumb laws that I don't even want to get into. However, punishing someone for riding like an asshat on a bike that's not allowed on the streets in the first place is okay in my book.

Is this video cool as gently caress? Yes.
Would said illegal riding lose a lot of it's appeal if it were legal? Also, yes.

"Stick-it-to-the-man-isms" can really bring a community together.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 15, 2012

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Sagebrush posted:

they are certainly allowed to stop them in other ways, like grabbing and repeatedly subduing them while they're stopped or following them home in an unmarked car.

Those Fascists!

Re: graffiti - your recommendation is far too severe. For the first offense, I'd be willing to have them maybe tour an art school a la Scared Straight. That ought to put a sufficient dent in the number of repeat offenses.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Because as a taxpayer I really want to fund the panel that tells this "artist" his graffiti sucks.

GC4U, I think this conversation is facetious and mostly having a laugh about selective interpretation of the law. In Detroit, we have an abandoned, deteriorated Velodrome with quasi-organized small displacement racing going on. The second some millionaire in Vegas realizes he bought the thing in 1982 and the land hits the purchase price again, it's game over. For now, the cops mostly ignore the proceedings.

Marv Hushman fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 15, 2012

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Marv Hushman posted:

Hmmm...and how many posts on CA have I read this year about riders getting popped for having a fork reflector missing or some such bullshit? I really have a problem when the police are described as being "powerless" to control a given situation. They're not powerless. They could have this entire movement shut down in 24 hours if the city had the inclination or wherewithal to face the inevitable clown car full of usual suspects bringing lawsuits. I've seen cases where 1 officer had 6-8 squids lined up on the side of the road. How the hell was that possible?

I just thought he was a kind of poetic representation of why the group exists. It's kind of like Boy Scouts in the hood, or something like that.

Ah, yes. Boy Scouts. They're just out there calculating wheel height with the Pythagorean Theorem. And taggers are just artists that have somehow been deprived of access to canvas and a set of brushes. What a load of apologist nonsense.

Lol you've never seen a full on Bmore ride out, cops confiscate dirt bikes on sight if they see them around the neighborhood but other than that there isn't much they can do. No one stops, this isn't the case of one or two riders. Imagine if one day everybody in a car decided to do double the speed limit, what could the cops really do about it. Also in VA at least the cops can't even chase you any more without getting permission first. If it's a small offense like a ticket you're running from they'll never come after you anymore.

The responsible adult in me knows this is dumb and dangerous but I do love the idea of all this nonsense, some of those kids are too drat young and shouldn't be out there but I have no problem with the older dudes wildin out. In fact I think it's p cool in a "young men doing dumb poo poo" sort of way.

I find it strange that so many people seem to be in love with the image of the outlaw biker and rebel spirit in the hobby but hate on these dudes.

Marv I'll give you this that lady going "this is what happens when you close rec centers" is dumb and wrong.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

HNasty posted:

I find it strange that so many people seem to be in love with the image of the outlaw biker and rebel spirit in the hobby but hate on these dudes.

The dudes in love with that image are the boring suburban middle-aged white guys on Harleys that wish they were that cool, so really not all that strange considering race relations and media portrayal etc. etc.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

HNasty posted:

No endorsement.
No training.
No registration.
No lighting.
No gear.
No street legal machines.
No one in CA advocates any of the above.

The trouble with folks who operate outside the legal system is that they're the first to embrace it when something goes south. Wait until a 10-year-old gets splattered and the family sues because the state failed to take actions to prevent these rides. A lack of personal accountability isn't a character flaw, it's a potential revenue stream.

I do understand the whole lovable scamp appeal. NHRA drag racing wouldn't exist today if it weren't for kids in California illegally street racing. Luckily, most recognized--once presented with an alternative--that the street simply wasn't the place for it.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Marv Hushman posted:

The trouble with folks who operate outside the legal system is that they're the first to embrace it when something goes south. Wait until a 10-year-old gets splattered and the family sues because the state failed to take actions to prevent these rides. A lack of personal accountability isn't a character flaw, it's a potential revenue stream.

Do you have an example of a case like this?

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

nsaP posted:

Do you have an example of a case like this?

Are you unfamiliar with the concept of frivolous lawsuits?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Marv Hushman posted:

No endorsement.
No training.
No registration.
No lighting.
No gear.
No street legal machines.
No one in CA advocates any of the above.

Good point, let me present a counter point. SWAG YOLO HYFR :)

On a serious tip though it's a big thing now, it's made its way to Philly and NYC and even a Rick Ross music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1cxP2nCBdU

Here is some typical california rich douches trying to co-opt something as usual.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO_otIaHhWY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

HNasty posted:

On a serious tip though it's a big thing now, it's made its way to Philly and NYC and even a Rick Ross music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1cxP2nCBdU

Here is some typical california rich douches trying to co-opt something as usual.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO_otIaHhWY

Now I'm convinced it's retarded. I really see no difference between helmetless Layer Dans and these guys, with the exception of production values, adequate insurance coverage, and the presence or absence of Foghat music.

I don't know...I wonder if folks here like Kozmo, Ola, etc., think this is cute. Or others who've gone 10 over or flirted with a double yellow, paid out the wazoo and lost their privileges for some length of time.

It is SWAG, but then so is holding a gun sideways.