Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdWqwNMAMt8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic CAW
Aug 11, 2007

BLANDTASTIC!
That was simply incredible.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
th3rd is pretty great at them music vids.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

JPrime posted:

That was awesome to watch. :3:

Even more, from a related video I somehow missed - Bobby Heenan relays a short story about Andre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdE1pLhqm_c

Also this is fantastic - I had to look up more of the girl who did the Dragonborn cover, she's got an amazing voice

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 15, 2012

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
WWE needs to hire Th3rd. He's perhaps the only one who is better at this poo poo than the WWE truck monkeys, and trust me, that's not a slight on the guys who work for WWE.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

When I started the video, I saw that it was 9 minutes long and didn't think I'd watch the whole thing. But God drat, it was done so well and flowed so easily that it didn't even feel like 9 minutes passed when it was all over.

Th3rd videos are always so drat good.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
I'm not much a fan of the random rainbow filter he throws over videos every time, but otherwise yeah

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

SamuraiFoochs posted:

WWE needs to hire Th3rd. He's perhaps the only one who is better at this poo poo than the WWE truck monkeys, and trust me, that's not a slight on the guys who work for WWE.

I do not trust you.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Frot Lesnar posted:

I do not trust you.

You should, I'm Jake The Snake Roberts IRL.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is it true you used to bang ring rats with Damien

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I wanna play 21.

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

A very fat Sabu impersonator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4hk5e7rctU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Seen him live, fat gently caress can work!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Scott Hall's son's first match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4tXb37bxAw

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

That was by far the safest Outsider's Edge in history.

Also the spot where he avoids the middle rope thigh attack was pretty smooth.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

I thought he gave up wrestling due to his relationship with his dad ending?

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought he gave up wrestling due to his relationship with his dad ending?

On the contrary, Scott is training him. He's even in his corner in that video.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Dude seemed pretty decent for a first match.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

An Actual Bear posted:

On the contrary, Scott is training him. He's even in his corner in that video.

I guess that report that his son broke off all contact with him and stopped training was wrong

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

I guess that report that his son broke off all contact with him and stopped training was wrong

I'm pretty sure that makes me happy if only because it gives Scott purpose. :unsmith:

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Bocc Kob posted:

Dude seemed pretty decent for a first match.

And Scott Hall sober would make an awesome wrestling trainer.

It's pretty :3: to see him wearing his dads ring gear and he looked pretty good. I'm sure by his third official match he'll be a better worker than Crimson.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lone Rogue posted:

It's pretty :3: to see him wearing his dads ring gear and he looked pretty good. I'm sure by his third official match he'll be a better worker than Crimson.

That middle rope escape spot was smoother than anything Crimson's ever done. Also how big is he? Seems like a big dude.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That middle rope escape spot was smoother than anything Crimson's ever done. Also how big is he? Seems like a big dude.

Scott seems to have a permanent slouch to him so I don't know for sure but he looks three inches taller than his dad. Scott was billed around 6'6" so Cody could be billed 6'9". No idea about "true" height.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He's 6'7" and a good athlete to boot, so it probably won't be long before WWE takes notice.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

CombineThresher posted:

He's 6'7" and a good athlete to boot, so it probably won't be long before WWE takes notice.

Doesn't Sid also have a giant son, who is like only 15 and as tall as him?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CombineThresher posted:

How old is he?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

SamuraiFoochs posted:

How old is he?

According to Wiki, 21.

I have a feeling Triple H knows about him but isn't going to sign him until he has a bit more time under his belt.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Doesn't Sid also have a giant son, who is like only 15 and as tall as him?

On Big Brother Sid's son was the best person on his team.

There is no doubt that Triple H knows about him and just waiting to hire him. I just wonder if they are worried about him being his father's son.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

bobkatt013 posted:

There is no doubt that Triple H knows about him and just waiting to hire him. I just wonder if they are worried about him being his father's son.

Well they had Harry Smith who they thought was completely different from his dad and it turned out after telling people he wasn't going to do steroids seeing what it did to his father... he did.

That all said, you can't paint everyone with the same brush. I think a lot of people can relate to both looking up to your father (or mother) and despising their actions at the same time. He should be given the benefit of the doubt. What I'm wondering is if doing these wrestling gigs and training Cody is what's keeping Scott sober right now and having Cody leave to Florida for NXT/FCW might get Scott bored and fall into bad habits.

I guess we'll see.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lone Rogue posted:

Well they had Harry Smith who they thought was completely different from his dad and it turned out after telling people he wasn't going to do steroids seeing what it did to his father... he did.

That all said, you can't paint everyone with the same brush. I think a lot of people can relate to both looking up to your father (or mother) and despising their actions at the same time. He should be given the benefit of the doubt. What I'm wondering is if doing these wrestling gigs and training Cody is what's keeping Scott sober right now and having Cody leave to Florida for NXT/FCW might get Scott bored and fall into bad habits.

I guess we'll see.

Ya I am sure that Scott Hall is just a sore subject since they have tried to help him so many times and they failed each time.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

Well considering that Frank has basically no job prospects at the moment and lives in Florida, seems like he'd be a no brainer to hire.

Train him up and team him with Jake Carter!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

Well considering that Frank has basically no job prospects at the moment and lives in Florida, seems like he'd be a no brainer to hire.

Train him up and team him with Jake Carter!

Or the Miz since they are both famous from reality shows.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

bobkatt013 posted:

Ya I am sure that Scott Hall is just a sore subject since they have tried to help him so many times and they failed each time.

HHH, Nash, and X-Pac have proven that if nothing else, they are loyal friends to Scott. I don't think that would stop HHH from hiring Cody once he's gotten some experience.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CombineThresher posted:

HHH, Nash, and X-Pac have proven that if nothing else, they are loyal friends to Scott. I don't think that would stop HHH from hiring Cody once he's gotten some experience.

If anything, a HHH-run WWE is the only place EVER that the Hall name would actually still help Cody. Assuming he actually stays in the business, that is.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CombineThresher posted:

I did not mean them I mean people like Dunn and Vince. Triple H ha sshown that he would do anything to help out Hall

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
So JBL is doing WWE recaps on his channel.

http://youtu.be/W2aWfKcBJlQ

He was pretty high on MITB last night. He has some sort of relationship going with WWE so thats something to consider in his commentary. However a lot of what he said makes sense. He had one line that I thought was significant regarding Bryan v Punk and the complaints that AJ didn't have a huge impact on the match.

JBL posted:

Alfred Hitchcock says the bomb under the table should never go off. The theater of the mind, the potential and the anticipation is so much better than it actually happening.

I see a lot of people complain how in wrestling, a lot of things get teased but are never delivered on. Maybe thats on purpose, so there is a feeling of tension built where you dont truly know if something is going to happen or not. Or am I giving wrestling too much credit?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
JBL is full of crap, but I can't form the words to explain it properly. :mad:

The story structure of wrestling shows have to be open because they have to be able to come back next week or month or whatever. You have to have pay-offs or climaxes to keep the audience interested in continuing to watch. Other stories that start at a certain point and stop at a certain point are self-contained, they can hint at or tease things that are never fully explained and it can build up in your mind because that's all there is. You'll be interested after you've seen it because you can go back and think about it some more. I need to read a book on literature or something. :argh:

Comparing wrestling to a film or book doesn't work!

Bocc Kob fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 16, 2012

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Bocc Kob posted:

The story structure of wrestling shows have to be open because they have to be able to come back next week or month or whatever. You have to have pay-offs or climaxes to keep the audience interested in continuing to watch. Other stories that start at a certain point and stop at a certain point are self-contained, they can hint at or tease things that are never fully explained and it can build up in your mind because that's all there is. You'll be interested after you've seen it because you can go back and think about it some more. I need to read a book on literature or something. :argh:

I think you'd have been better off leaving it at this.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Free viewing of ISW Slamtasia 3 on their Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/interspecies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

Bocc Kob posted:

Comparing wrestling to a film or book doesn't work!

I don't see how that disagrees with the quote. It seems to agree because of the weekly nature you just mentioned. It seems you can only have so many climaxes and payoffs because you have to keep the show going. This could also just help to highlight the problem of WWE not effectively bringing up new people to help keep that weekly system fresh. Cena's storylines seem to have a lot of climaxes, and look how boring, at least to many of us, he is. If anything, WWE seems like it could use a lot more drama nowadays.

• Locked thread