Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
The crowd tosses him a hat, and he says "Let me just Springsteen this" and mock tucks it into the back of his waistband.

Haven't listened to the ep yet, but being there, it seemed like there was a lot more crowd interaction / jokes you needed the visual component for than at other live shows. Maybe I'm wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Seth is especially nervous in this live episode but Jonathan actually picks up the slack by being funny which is cool

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Chemtrail Clem posted:

Seth is especially nervous in this live episode but Jonathan actually picks up the slack by being funny which is cool

Yeah, Seth actually seemed kinda subdued at the show. He was hanging near the back of the stage and kind of letting Jonathan take the reins. Jonathan was loving it though, he was beaming the whole time.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Seth seems nervous during all the live shows I've listened too. You can hear his voice shaking some.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Binowru posted:

Haven't listened to it yet, but for the people who were there: Were there any visual gags that wouldn't translate well to the podcast? (other than Seth and Jah's awesome facial expressions, of course)

There were a couple good ones from Jonathan. One were he mimicked being Tom Cruise not having to kneel, and another where he mimics diving into traffic to get his cellphone.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
Dammit I am away and I can't download anything onto my grandma's computer without her thinking it's a virus! Olds am I right?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Do it. She will be infected with the virus of laughter.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Behold! A Elk! posted:

Dammit I am away and I can't download anything onto my grandma's computer without her thinking it's a virus! Olds am I right?
If you can't conceal downloads from your grandma then I think it is you who is old, sir.

UncleNaughtyFingers
Apr 29, 2008
Hard to believe that the death of Andy Griffith didn't make it in or the follow up of that prank in Alaska(Taco Bell air lifted a truck out there).
Sometimes I feel like calling in but I'm sure they must allready know whatever it is I would leave a message about.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009

TACD posted:

If you can't conceal downloads from your grandma then I think it is you who is old, sir.

You have called me out on my bullshit and now I must defend my honour by putting viruses on my grandma's computer for the sake of laughter.

Still, I thank you.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Chemtrail Clem posted:

in one of the more recent ones seth is talking about how before the live shows he's pacing nervously and getting himself all worked up while jonathan is laughing and texting and drinking tequila

UncleNaughtyFingers
Apr 29, 2008
I'm going to be upset if the Olympic uniform crap isn't covered

Made in China(okay so its cheaper and everyone does it.. little shameful imo) HOW MUCH DOES THIS COMPANY CHARGE FOR SOCKS? don't think they could have afforded to maybe get that ONE THING done in the US just this once for the OLYMPIC GAMES?
THANKS FOR PUTTING A GIANT POLO LOGO ON ALL THE UNIFORMS YOU MONEY HUNGRY CORNER CUTTING --------.
You're not getting paid to supply these uniforms right? You're paying someone on the Olympic committee or something? That's the way I've seen advertisement always work in the past.
I don't watch much professional/college sports but I seem to recall there being a STRICT rule against wearing logos, often times players wearing such outfits would have to electrical tape off the logo.

The Summer Olympics begins Friday, July 27, 2012, and ends Sunday, August 12, 2012.
Labor Day is on Monday, September 3, 2012.
isn't it bad to wear white after labor day? sup with those white pants/shoes? I suppose I'm getting too critical, I don't even know if people still adhere to this or why they ever did... but I know that Labor Day is a national holiday that's for the workin man that can't afford anything than buying their socks by the bag and not $10 a made in china per pair that you sell

A bit more over analysis: polo logo is of a WHITE PERSON on a WHITE HORSE.. go die in a fire Ralph, thanks for showing the entire world that the US is basically controlled by money and pride/patriotism doesn't mean anything. and don't insult me/the us by saying it was an oversight, creating the uniforms for our athletes to represent our country to THE ENTIRE WORLD not a big deal over at your company? you put an intern on it or something?

(sorry bout the rant, I've been drinking and I am rather pissed about the entire subject)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Yeah, that seems like something I could get mad at if I were drunk.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

How long about does Seth keep doing This Week in Florida? I'm 27 episodes in now and I don't want this segment to end...

Gibbone
May 8, 2011
They dip in and out but at least up into the 40s

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I just want to hear the this week in Florida jingle one more time..

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

UncleNaughtyFingers posted:

I'm going to be upset if the Olympic uniform crap isn't covered

Made in China(okay so its cheaper and everyone does it.. little shameful imo) HOW MUCH DOES THIS COMPANY CHARGE FOR SOCKS? don't think they could have afforded to maybe get that ONE THING done in the US just this once for the OLYMPIC GAMES?
THANKS FOR PUTTING A GIANT POLO LOGO ON ALL THE UNIFORMS YOU MONEY HUNGRY CORNER CUTTING --------.
You're not getting paid to supply these uniforms right? You're paying someone on the Olympic committee or something? That's the way I've seen advertisement always work in the past.
I don't watch much professional/college sports but I seem to recall there being a STRICT rule against wearing logos, often times players wearing such outfits would have to electrical tape off the logo.

The Summer Olympics begins Friday, July 27, 2012, and ends Sunday, August 12, 2012.
Labor Day is on Monday, September 3, 2012.
isn't it bad to wear white after labor day? sup with those white pants/shoes? I suppose I'm getting too critical, I don't even know if people still adhere to this or why they ever did... but I know that Labor Day is a national holiday that's for the workin man that can't afford anything than buying their socks by the bag and not $10 a made in china per pair that you sell

A bit more over analysis: polo logo is of a WHITE PERSON on a WHITE HORSE.. go die in a fire Ralph, thanks for showing the entire world that the US is basically controlled by money and pride/patriotism doesn't mean anything. and don't insult me/the us by saying it was an oversight, creating the uniforms for our athletes to represent our country to THE ENTIRE WORLD not a big deal over at your company? you put an intern on it or something?

(sorry bout the rant, I've been drinking and I am rather pissed about the entire subject)

Hey, are you OK?

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?
UYD fan fiction..

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Why is white shoes after labor day an issue when the olympics end before labor day?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

When you think about it every day that isn't Labor Day 1887.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Cocaine's a hell of an energy drink

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Does anyone remember which episode they go through the list of baby names and Seth goes crazy about a few of them? I remember something along the lines of "Hey. This is Walt, my baby. This is my baby, not my grandfather, named Walt." being part of it, although I'm not sure if Walt was the name.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Power of Pecota posted:

Does anyone remember which episode they go through the list of baby names and Seth goes crazy about a few of them? I remember something along the lines of "Hey. This is Walt, my baby. This is my baby, not my grandfather, named Walt." being part of it, although I'm not sure if Walt was the name.

I know they've done baby names multiple times. Episode 270 sounds like it could possibly be the one your looking for. (Walter is one of the names)

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Binowru posted:

I know they've done baby names multiple times. Episode 270 sounds like it could possibly be the one your looking for. (Walter is one of the names)

I'm pretty sure this is the first episode I ever listened to and the baby names segment is what hooked me for good.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Oh good lord, jon's screaming orgasm at the end of episode 69 :stare:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Finally got around to finishing the most recent live episode. And good grief, the audience sure was raucous. Everything the boys said was followed with peals of forced laughter and unintelligible shouts. It seemed to really throw Seth off of his game. Was the crowd wildly drunk? Or is this normal for this kind of thing?

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

Maybe it wasn't forced. Maybe the people were... enjoying it :wth:

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

im a girl btw posted:

Maybe it wasn't forced. Maybe the people were... enjoying it :wth:

Ugh. You're awful.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I wasn't there, never had plans of going, only discovered UYD maybe a month or two ago and I will admit I got the loving hardcore chills when Jonathan spoke for the very first time, at the live show, opening with with "Saturday, July 7th 8 O'clock PM episode 330.." I was in.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I wonder if they'll touch on TDKR at all in the coming episodes, it's great because my UYD backtracking of old episodes has just coincidentally hit the point back then when they were talking about The Dark Knight and comic book movies and all of those bits are hilarious and golden. Just Seth asking who Batman is and Jah trying to describe Batman to him and Seth asking if there are really grown adult men in the movie theaters and then both of them just doing their gruff-voiced impressions of Batman ("I'M BATMAN AND I'M GONNA GET HIM! I GOT YOU BAD GUY!").

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

a starwar betamax posted:

Was the crowd wildly drunk? Or is this normal for this kind of thing?

We were jammin live to uyd, of course it was gonna get raucous. People were throwing poo poo on stage and stuff, it ruled.

Also in the most recent one, Seth's made up Mountain Dews were the best part.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Between the Mountain Dew rundown and the insane Applebees interview I think 331 would be a great intro episode for people just discovering the show.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I think the Seattle show was the worst as far as heckling whooping crowds go. Wouldn't expect that from a gaggle of Canadians and Near-Canadians.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Hahhah holy dumb poo poo. Mnt Dew ICE ROAD FUCKER.

SPIDER gently caress.

VENGENOUS DICK.

Oh my God, this ep is rediculous, see you tomorrow!

ehonna_disco
Apr 26, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Al! posted:

I think the Seattle show was the worst as far as heckling whooping crowds go. Wouldn't expect that from a gaggle of Canadians and Near-Canadians.

Podcasts create very weird live audiences.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
What ep # is the seattle show?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

causticBeet posted:

What ep # is the seattle show?

Episode 306.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Holy cow, you guys weren't kidding about 'This Week In Florida' being amazing. And halfway through episode 12 Seth screams "it's 2009!" which was kind of weird.

Also holy poo poo, is that bit about Obama listening to UYD (back in '06) for real? That's the most insane thing ever if true.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Of course it's a bit :)

But it still owns bones that they name dropped him way before most people knew who the gently caress he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Binowru posted:

Woah, they namedrop bath salts a year before all this face-eating nonsense of today.

Is there a feed or something that will download a random episode for you to listen to? Listening to them all from #1 sounds so daunting but I want to just pick one out every now and then to listen to, and it's not like there's any sort of continuity to worry about. I guess I could just come up with some random number generator :v: