Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReggieCelsius
Feb 1, 2007

snortsly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Train of thought: "Those are some funky looking exhausts.. Hmm, what country is the license plate from.. Oh! Oooh."

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
These bikes were lying around the shop this morning when I took my bike in for service.

(I've got a better picture somewhere of the Vespa + sidecar next to it)

This had been modified with a Ducati clutch that was toast

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Deeters posted:

There's a show on already called Cafe Racer, but most of the builders are competent and the bikes are track ridden by the Bostrom brothers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJvAbRzG5m4

I saw the new Z1000 in there and was all excited to see what they did with it.

:barf:

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

hayden. posted:

I saw the new Z1000 in there and was all excited to see what they did with it.

:barf:

That looks loving sick. Sick as in completely loving awesome.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Put the tail in line with the tank, and ditch that silly flower arrangement of exhausts in favor of a hidden can underneath (like on the ER-6/Ninja 650) and it would look much better.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Collateral Damage posted:

Put the tail in line with the tank, and ditch that silly flower arrangement of exhausts in favor of a hidden can underneath (like on the ER-6/Ninja 650) and it would look much better.

This is pretty much the problem I have with it. I also love the stock Z1k and hate seeing it destroyed so.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
An ambitious track rider looks for some extra room:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOSKaF32djw

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Agree with that comment in the video that said he probably wouldn't have made the corner anyhow.

It's like racing with my father in law in Gran Turismo.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Gullous posted:

An ambitious track rider looks for some extra room:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOSKaF32djw

I don't know if the dude on the inside was going to be able to hold his line at that speed. The outside dude seemed to be chopping excessively across the track. I don't, I think it's probably the inside dudes fault. Don't need to be all crazy on just a track day.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

front wing flexing posted:

I don't know if the dude on the inside was going to be able to hold his line at that speed. The outside dude seemed to be chopping excessively across the track. I don't, I think it's probably the inside dudes fault. Don't need to be all crazy on just a track day.

What? Do you have brain damage?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I don't really know anything about riding on a track, but I thought that you were supposed to hold your line in corners (looked like the outside guy didn't) specifically to avoid things like that happening. I also thought that at least some classes didn't allow passing in corners, also to avoid this situation.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

I don't really know anything about riding

Fixed for you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

n8r posted:

What? Do you have brain damage?

Can you contribute something of substance or are you just going to be a douche? What was your opinion of the incident.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

I don't really know anything about riding on a track, but I thought that you were supposed to hold your line in corners (looked like the outside guy didn't) specifically to avoid things like that happening. I also thought that at least some classes didn't allow passing in corners, also to avoid this situation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_line

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

n8r's literally an unmedicated mental patient so I don't think you're going to get much constructive feedback out of him. See: his response to my post.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

toolshed
Sep 1, 2001

This must be intentional, right?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

There's been a lot of snippiness in CA recently. What happened to us all being buds aside from mootmoot? It's just motorcycle chat, guys, no need to be mean and snarky.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Is that the license plate in front of the rear wheel?

PyxlWyz
Jan 9, 2007

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Is that the license plate in front of the rear wheel?

-perspective trick. It's a side mounted plate.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

hayden. posted:

There's been a lot of snippiness in CA recently. What happened to us all being buds aside from mootmoot? It's just motorcycle chat, guys, no need to be mean and snarky.

Once a goon, always a goon.

I'm thinking I might be getting a motolanna seat for my 400F
I originally wanted my friend to get one for his XS650 but now...

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

hayden. posted:

Something about motorcycling brings out the elitest in folks.

edit: n/m you mentioned snark. But yeah goddamn snark.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Can you contribute something of substance or are you just going to be a douche? What was your opinion of the incident.

My contribution of substance is asking if you have brain damage because that is the only reason you could come to the conclusion that the guy that got rammed was somehow at fault.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

n8r's literally an unmedicated mental patient so I don't think you're going to get much constructive feedback out of him. See: his response to my post.

When your post begins with:

quote:

I don't really know anything about riding on a track

Perhaps you should reconsider whether your post has any value or merit?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

the guy who got rammed was on the racing line for that corner, he's not 'swoooping over', he's following the line. The guy up the inside is WAY in the wrong, and there is little to no chance he'd have made the corner in the first place.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Spiffness posted:

the guy who got rammed was on the racing line for that corner, he's not 'swoooping over', he's following the line. The guy up the inside is WAY in the wrong, and there is little to no chance he'd have made the corner in the first place.

As someone who has 500 miles of riding experience in a 40 year old 17hp shitbox I'm pretty sure that Sagebrush is right and you're wrong.

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
Up-the-inside dude is one of my biggest fears when on track. It looked like he was on course to end up in that white tirewall/brickwall/fence? or perhaps to do a George of the Jungle into that tree.

What the hell are trees doing at trackside anyway??

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

raffie posted:

Up-the-inside dude is one of my biggest fears when on track. It looked like he was on course to end up in that white tirewall/brickwall/fence? or perhaps to do a George of the Jungle into that tree.

The video said it was group II - which is the intermediate group basically. Pretty much all of the horrible crashing happens in group II. Beginners are generally riding slow enough and more in control. The racer/advanced group usually has enough skill and experience to not do poo poo like that.

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

n8r posted:

As someone who has 500 miles of riding experience in a 40 year old 17hp shitbox I'm pretty sure that Sagebrush is right and you're wrong.

In Sagebrush's defense, a CL350 with hipster tires can't really do anything other than ride in a straight line. It's only natural that he knows absolutely nothing about riding.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

n8r posted:

God n8r shut the hell up, you're so rude you freaking idiot! Let sagebrush talk, go ahead sagebrush tell us more about what you think.

Hahahah just kidding, it's not opposite day, Sagebrush you seriously don't know poo poo.

Why is everyone mad at n8r, I think it was a fun way of letting sagebrush know he's completely wrong. I agree there is a lot of misplaced snark on these here forums but Sagebrush is more than deserving of it. We've dealt with him being a idiot a lot, n8r specially so it's not like this post was out of the blue even though it may look like it was.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

If someone who clearly has no clue about track riding wants to post their dumbass opinion without educating themselves in the least about how it works I see no problem with calling a spade a spade.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

raffie posted:

It's not as bad as it looks in the video. At least not for bikes. The trees are very far out of the way, on a bike you and the bike will stop long before that. I worry about some of the cars though, I suspect that eventually they'll get moved.

Ridge is a top notch facility, but it's also bran new. The ownership is really good about making changes for safety.

The guy who got slammed is apparently healing up well. The guy who did the slamming snuck out into B group, or so I've discerned by the chatter.

In any case, glad I wasn't out there, as I very well could have been the guy getting pancaked.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

n8r posted:

My contribution of substance is asking if you have brain damage because that is the only reason you could come to the conclusion that the guy that got rammed was somehow at fault.

I was kind of on the fence about it :confused:

In any case, the inside dude was off the line and the outside dude came down on the apex on the optimal line. If you see anything other than a couple dudes that both made mistakes but the inside dude making the biggest one, you're brain damaged.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I was kind of on the fence about it :confused:

In any case, the inside dude was off the line and the outside dude came down on the apex on the optimal line. If you see anything other than a couple dudes that both made mistakes but the inside dude making the biggest one, you're brain damaged.

Did you not read spiffness saying the guy who got hit was on line? I'm pretty sure spifness has actually ridden at this track. It's also pretty obvious he's on line because the guy taking the video is also on the same line. How is being on the racing line and getting nailed by a guy blowing the corner the fault of the guy on line? That'd be like blaming Lorenzo for getting nailed by Bautista at the Sausagering two weeks ago.

Now I feel like I'm just getting trolled...

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Once a goon, always a goon.

I'm thinking I might be getting a motolanna seat for my 400F
I originally wanted my friend to get one for his XS650 but now...

The original 400F seat is probably one of the most interesting/distinctive parts of the 400F design. I'd stick w/ original personally.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Holy poo poo do you guys (well, mostly n8r, but boy wonder hnasty is close behind) get bent of shape easily.

:chillpill:

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Holy poo poo do you guys (well, mostly n8r, but boy wonder hnasty is close behind) get bent of shape easily.

You're the one resorting to personal insults. I'm just pointing out that you and flexing front wing are morons posting about something you're clearly completely clueless about.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Sagebrush posted:

It's tiring correcting you when you feel the need to have an opinion on EVERYTHING regardless of experience with it, and these posts are ubiquitous. Not to mention that an actual explanation of why you're wrong just gets arguments.

If you think people are bent out of shape you're reading into this wrong. It's more annoyance with text diarrhea in a slow moving forum.

"This is why everyone should have to learn poo poo before commenting on it :colbert:"

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

nsaP posted:

You're being a real Z3n.

I condensed this post into a single and easy to read sentence in hopes that the message is conveyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

n8r posted:

You're the one resorting to personal insults.

The first uncivil responses were actually yours, saying that Front Wing Flexing has brain damage and that I know nothing. Both posts had no purpose other than to be a prick. Which is fine, but you need at least own up to the reality here.

nsaP posted:

It's tiring correcting you when you feel the need to have an opinion on EVERYTHING regardless of experience with it, and these posts are ubiquitous. Not to mention that an actual explanation of why you're wrong just gets arguments.

If you think people are bent out of shape you're reading into this wrong. It's more annoyance with text diarrhea in a slow moving forum.

I don't particularly care if you think I'm writing too much, and you're not required to make any replies. Report the post if it helps, and move on. I assume this is what you did, because you weren't participating until just now. N8r on the other hand doesn't seem to have the same problem with text diarrhea, given the last twenty posts or so in this thread.

The most valuable post to me has been schreib's single link to Racing Line, since now I understand what I was looking at in the video. Thanks, schreib! I was incorrect in my assessment and thanks to you, I know better.