Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Got a new job after months of looking and just had a brilliant bacon and egg sandwich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!
My boyfriend moves into his new place today, which means we don't have to worry about where we can stay together anymore! So excited to fall asleep in his arms tonight.

Also, we are either volunteering at tomorrow's baseball game, or just buying cheap tickets and watching the game.

I am also looking at moving, and finally have a bunch of money saved so that its possible!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Not today, but yesterday - been working as a contractor for my current job for 6 weeks making good money and enjoying myself. My boss set up a meeting yesterday morning to sit with me and asked me the question I've been waiting to hear:

"How would you feel about working for us full time?"

I accepted, paperwork and other formalities will hopefully be done this coming week, and I'll keep my same pay rate ($20/hour). Feels good after bouncing from contract job to contract job, with nobody giving any clear-cut idea of whether they'd be willing to hire permanent. After working 2 years under contract for my last IT support job (was told it would be 6 month contract to hire) and getting burned out with their BS, it's awesome to finally have someone recognize my potential, and be just as excited to hire me on as I am to accept. :)

:woop: :dance:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I've read a bunch, eaten a lot of sugar, and managed to be productive as well. Soon I'll head out to join old friends I haven't seen in ages for dinner at a new restaurant. It's true that everybody's working for the weekend.

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
Met up with some old friends I hadn't seen in a while, had a great barbecue and drank lots. :cheers:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Saw Brave Friday night, played Munchkin with friends afterwards, went home, slept, woke up, then went to see a matinee of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter which sucked way less than I expected it to. Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter is still better though.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Made awesome chain chomp earrings and a moon shaped hair fork. I'm creative when happy. Goodbye depression!

Tony Inchpractice
Aug 30, 2011
Spent the day watching one of my oldest friends get married. Went to the reception not knowing anyone and had a fantastic night.

Yeah - that was pretty awesome.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I got retweeted by someone famous, or whoever does their twitter account :neckbeard:

palkjdg
Feb 20, 2006
Got a personalized letter from an editor encouraging me to send them more stories with a different focus. No form letter for me.

Also, talked to a principal who offered the job to the other guy, but is expecting another opening and asked if I would want it.

They are failures, but the closest I have found success in either respective field. Means I'm going in the right direction, right?

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

The surgery to restore my girlfriends hearing worked, and the first thing she heard after nearly a month of living in complete silence was me telling her I loved her. It felt so awesome to hear her say it back :3

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I got a car! It's dark blue, 5 years old, and only has 11,500 miles. :dance:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Home early today for this hosed up middle of the week holiday tomorrow, and I rode my bike home for the first time in a while. I can barely walk up stairs, but it feels good!

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I've been looking around for some new shorts and haven't found anything nice. Today I was about to walk out of a shop empty-handed again when I noticed a sale rack. I checked it out and found not one, but 6 pairs that I liked. One of each was left and all of them the same size, mine. I actually had trouble choosing which ones to buy. :D

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I made great food both yesterday and today. I'm also not fat anymore.

quastenflosser
Sep 7, 2011
I was biking to a friend's house when a group of kids on the sidewalk shouted "Hi, cyclist!" I said hi back and got a chorus of "THANKS!" in return :3:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Stuck in traffic, waiting to get to the toll booth. Surrounded by assholes that don't know the concept of lanes or really how to drive at all. My blood pressure is steadily rising, when I notice a kid, probably 10-12, rocking the gently caress out in the backseat of his parents SUV. He's got the window down and some Blues Brothers sunglasses on and looks like he's just having the best time. It becomes obvious that they're listening to the same radio station as I, and his enthusiasm is catching, so I start dancing along to the beat as well, since there's gently caress all else to do. He notices and gets even more into it, and drat if it didn't put the biggest smile on my face. I have no idea why, but seeing that kid without a care in the world made all my stress disappear, even though it took an hour to go 6 miles, and I had 5 more hours of driving to go. Rock on, little dude. Rock on. :3:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I have just flown halfway across the world for work.
I was prepared to spend 14 hours in economy class, but it turned out they had overbooked economy class so I was given a free upgrade to business class :woop:

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
I just got me a motherfuckin raise today because my new job is so pleased with my performance :dance: Now to head to a proper liquor store to get some good booze for celebration instead of the normal "what's on sale at the grocery store?" stuff I normally drink.

Supersheep
Nov 11, 2009
I went to an amusement park today for the first time in years, busted my rollercoaster cherry, and went on to do every single ride in the park. :woop:

Still have vertigo.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I could barely do body weight squats in February (let alone think about doing deadlifts) thanks to messing up my back. Yesterday I managed to squat 145lbs and deadlift the same -- that's more than I weigh. Today I have that soreness that comes with pushing myself and I couldn't be happier :)

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

[rocking faces since the 80s]
The last few days have been awesome, actually. I got to spend a week with the love of my life, I turned 30 on Saturday and all of my best and closest friends were there, and my parents are being really loving cool about my moving to New Brunswick for a little while until my boyfriend and I move back to Montreal together.

It's like I turned 30 and all of a sudden, I'm not being treated like I'm 15 anymore. I thought turning 30 would suck but people are being really amazing about everything and my family is being so supportive about a few really big things that are coming up in the very near future (quitting my job, moving nearly 1000km to be with my boy, etc.) Oh, and I had a really awesome lunch today with one of my best friends who I work with and I get to take my niece to the beach on Saturday. Life is good.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

"You're a resourceful, disturbed man, please, help me out."

It's the first time anyone's called me resourceful :unsmith:

jennyinstereo posted:

The last few days have been awesome, actually. I got to spend a week with the love of my life, I turned 30 on Saturday and all of my best and closest friends were there, and my parents are being really loving cool about my moving to New Brunswick for a little while until my boyfriend and I move back to Montreal together.

It's like I turned 30 and all of a sudden, I'm not being treated like I'm 15 anymore. I thought turning 30 would suck but people are being really amazing about everything and my family is being so supportive about a few really big things that are coming up in the very near future (quitting my job, moving nearly 1000km to be with my boy, etc.) Oh, and I had a really awesome lunch today with one of my best friends who I work with and I get to take my niece to the beach on Saturday. Life is good.

Hey, I was 31 on on Saturday. What up, birthday bro :hf:

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

"You're a resourceful, disturbed man, please, help me out."

It's the first time anyone's called me resourceful :unsmith:

Hey, I was 31 on on Saturday. What up, birthday bro :hf:

Best birthday ever, right? :hf: Do you know where you were and what you were doing on 7/7/07? It was our special birthday! I turned 25 and went parasailing at 7am in Ocean City, MD. Then, I spent the rest of the day at a water park and got drunk and chilled in my oceanfront hotel room. gently caress yes.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I'm having a good couple of days :) Last night I had a nice night at a friends house where she cooked me a homemade dinner and gave me a pretty manicure. Tonight? I'm going out with one of my closest friends for cocktails and magic mike. It'll be a pretty awesome way to start the weekend!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Management is finally catching on to my boss' bullshit. He is horrible at his job, he does nothing, me and the other guy do all the work. He got written up twice today and told he will be fired if he fucks anything up again. And he is so set in his ways, it is just a matter of time. This would greatly improve my work situation. I'm completely fed up with his bullshit.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
A week from today I'm scheduled to interview for what is basically a dream job. I'm not sure how prudent it would be to get specific, but it's a job with a big-deal video game studio. I am unbelievably excited.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Today, I got one of those enthusiastic, English-challenged compliments I cherish so much. "Receive a hug!!" You too, buddy. You too :3:.

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

Oh boy where do I start?!

Yesterday, I resigned and it went really well and people are genuinely happy for me.

Today, I sold my treadmill and possibly have a buyer for my iPhone. (I'm moving back to Canada in August and am trying to rid myself of everything)

Also, my wonderful boyfriend gets back from Vegas tonight and I can't wait. This afternoon, I get to hang out with my awesome niece (in about 3 hours) and get to spend time with my mom and sister.

Awesome day and weekend ahead.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

My mom's finally getting out of the hospital! :toot:

She had a fairly minor surgery two weeks ago and the surgeon prescribed her an antibiotic that really hosed up her system (her white blood cell count was apparently the lowest the ER doctor's ever seen and was just slightly better than zero). She spent about a week just laying on the couch not able to do anything but lay there in pain and throw up, and another week in the hospital, but they've finally determined her well enough to go home! :woop:

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I'm turning back into a man.
A few weeks ago I stopped taking the antidepressants I had been on for three years.
Not only am I suffering no depression, but I am losing weight super fast and have lots of energy. My beard is manly and my wiener works super good.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I kissed a girl :3:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

I kissed a girl :3:

But did you like it?

I got Skittles, which I don't have that often. Yum, Skittles. I also got my mom a really cute hummingbird feeder for her birthday.

loving bro hug
Mar 7, 2006

I Love The Colorado Avalanche More Than I Love Landeskog's Balls In My Mouth
AND I LOVE LANDESKOG'S BALLS IN MY MOUTH A WHOLE LOT
PS Sakic > Yzerman
I had my first day today at my new job (after far too many months of unemployment)! Its awesome work with awesome people in a great location, excellent benefits, salary and promotion/growth potential that completely blows away the last job I had in every way.

Nothing like going from a lagging/failing business to a company that is the industry leader (creator even) in its field. :dance:

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
On the bus to college today were two loud, obnoxious drunk women. They were smoking (illegal), shouting, swearing and generally being irritating people. Then this guy with Down's Syndrome got on and sat in front of them. You can probably see where this is going, and you'd be right. They immediately went into abuse mode, and started hurling insults such as "mong" at him. Charming.

He had an absolute face like thunder. 'Upset' doesn't even begin to cover it - he looked as though he wanted to kill and eat them on the spot as an act of vengeance, and the only thing stopping him from doing so, was the fact that people in ill-fitting tracksuits who reek of cheap cider and stale vomit probably don't taste very nice.

But he got his revenge, boy did he. As he and I both stood up to get off the bus, he went over to the women and said, in a quiet lilting voice, "Excuse me". Their reply was "WOT???" I know that's not how you spell it, but that's how they said it. He then turned his back on them, and let rip with the loudest, filthiest, most disgusting fart I have ever heard in my life, before walking off the bus with a perfect :smug: expression.

As I stepped off the bus, I caught a whiff of the smell. I don't know what he'd been eating, but it smelt like someone had taken a poo poo onto a car tyre, before hurling it into a fire. As the bus sped away, I could see the two women coughing and spluttering in the midst of the foul stench. Quite fitting really - if you're going to spew verbal poo poo everywhere, you may as well have the aroma to compliment it.

It was the most perfect revenge I've seen in a long time, and put a smile on my face all day. If the guy somehow happens to be reading this... nice one mate. :)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I had a really great night with the girl who is now :siren:MY GIRLFRIEND:siren:

Seriously though, I'm so happy right now :)

RGBRIOT
Apr 19, 2009

"Beauty, packaged for a digital world."
My baby girl Athena was born whole and healthy. :3:

E: vvvv Thanks! Best wishes with yours.

RGBRIOT has a new favorite as of 09:19 on Jul 19, 2012

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

RGBRIOT posted:

My baby girl Athena was born whole and healthy. :3:

Congratulations :D My daughter could be born any day (well, probably a week or so). I bounce between excited and absolutely terrified.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Pay rise! Now I'm on nearly double what I was 18 months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I'm working 30 hours next week (crappy retail job here) and I'm gonna get a huge paycheck! I think I'm gonna save my money and buy a new guitar soon! :)