Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Iron Crowned posted:

I remember old TBS bumpers used to say that they made George wear clothes that were one size too small so he would look unhip.

Kramer, well, Kramer is Kramer.

They also had Elaine in clothes a size too big to make her look frumpy and unattractive, the reasoning being they didn't want the audience to have sympathy for Elaine (who is arguably the "worst" of the bunch) simply because she was good-looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Ehud posted:

The poofy hair, dresses, and white socks combo is very 90's. The closer you get to the millennium, the better she looks.

Newmanium. :eng101:

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?

potee posted:

They also had Elaine in clothes a size too big to make her look frumpy and unattractive, the reasoning being they didn't want the audience to have sympathy for Elaine (who is arguably the "worst" of the bunch) simply because she was good-looking.

But Elaine is awesome :colbert:

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

notsoape posted:

She's like a svenjolly

Parachute
May 18, 2003

T. Mascis posted:

She's like a svenjolly

Did you say, ridicurous?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Diabolik900 posted:

Kramer and George escaped since I don't think they were ever supposed to be fashionable.

George was the most fashionable:

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
There was a whole article in NYMag or something about Elaine's look in the middle seasons influencing contemporary New York fashion pretty recently, I think.

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.

Role Play McMurphy posted:

There was a whole article in NYMag or something about Elaine's look in the middle seasons influencing contemporary New York fashion pretty recently, I think.

I believe this is the article.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Hunky tooooooooooooeeeee nay!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I said "Look, if you're gonna kill yourself, DO it already and stop bothering me." At least I'd respect the guy for accomplishing something.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Kramer! I'm on the roof!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Somehow, this takes some of the fun out of it.

But clearly whoever drew the cartoon knew what he was doing, and part of me really, really hoped his editor had no idea, and was confused as all gently caress as to why so many people thought this pig had a slutty wife.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

potee posted:

You're soooooo good-looking!

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Stare-Out posted:

You're soooooo good-looking!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

To the Kramenium :hfive:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

notsoape posted:

I RENOUNCE MY FAITH!

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I RENOUNCE MY FAITH!

I'm a recovering germ-o-phobe. Ten years.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
So Marcelino's going to take down the check?

Well, it comes down if Little Jerry Seinfeld wins his cockfight.

Great! :) .....what?? :)

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Because important things go in a case. You got a skull for your brain, a plastic sleeve for your comb, and a wallet for your money.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Present this card at any Orlando area Exxon station for your free "Save the Tigers" poster.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Found some gifs laying around collecting dust. You guys can have 'em, but I have one rule: Keep your hands off my daughter.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wow, he does looks busy!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I love the George not only knocks over the old lady who is using a walker, but also pushes the clown down even though he wasn't in his way at all.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
BALK?! HOW WAS THAT A BALK?! Do you have any snacks?

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Macaluso posted:

I love the George not only knocks over the old lady who is using a walker, but also pushes the clown down even though he wasn't in his way at all.

How can you live with yourself?

It's not easy. :geno:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

potee posted:

Weren't they also trying to cover up her pregnancy at one point? I remember that being mentioned somewhere in season 3.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I literally did this while I was working at an office job. I mean, who hasn't?

myron cope posted:

Really, how often is George wrong?

Exactly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Momomo posted:

Weren't they also trying to cover up her pregnancy at one point? I remember that being mentioned somewhere in season 3.

Yeah, through most of season 3, and she's not around for the start of season 4. I believe they had some pre-filmed stuff of her and her weirdo therapist boyfriend in Italy that they inserted into early episodes until she got back, which leads into THE KIBOSH!

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Macaluso posted:

And that clown went on to direct Iron Man and help produce The Avengers.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
What page of this thread has the hilariously massive collection of lovely thumbnails?

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Leyburn posted:

What page of this thread has the hilariously massive collection of lovely thumbnails?

A lot of it is missing thanks to waffleimages dying. Don't look for it, you'll be disappointed.

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?
I've just started season four, I'm on The Trip (2). Honestly I'm not very taken with the ~go to LA, Kramer is mistaken for a serial killer~ plotline so far. Seinfeld is supposed to be a show about nothing and this is not nothing :mad:

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

notsoape posted:

I've just started season four, I'm on The Trip (2). Honestly I'm not very taken with the ~go to LA, Kramer is mistaken for a serial killer~ plotline so far. Seinfeld is supposed to be a show about nothing and this is not nothing :mad:

I never totally bought the idea that it's really a "show about nothing" but I agree that this plot was sort of un-Seinfeldy.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

The LA episodes are the only Seinfeld episodes I dislike, to the point where I instinctively hated when Mad Men did their LA episodes even though those turned out to be among the best of the series.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

notsoape posted:

Yeah, those 2 episodes are probably the weakest of the entire series. Season 1 is a laugh riot in comparison.

Don't worry, it gets much better after that. You black out The Trip 1 & 2 and a 4-lane highway becomes a 2-lane comfort cruise!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
It has its moments, though: "it was pretty sad, what with the dead baby and the stooges being executed and all" and the "murderer struck again" dance outside of the police station leap to mind.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

notsoape posted:

Yeah that whole thing was a gigantic misstep for them. You're about to hit a streak of episodes that is awesome all the way until the end of the series.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'm doin' what I do, the way I've always done it, and the way I'll always do it.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Ehud posted:

Yeah that whole thing was a gigantic misstep for them. You're about to hit a streak of episodes that is awesome all the way until the end of the series.

I just looked over the list of episodes for season four, and I can't believe that The Trip was produced in the same season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The overall tone was pretty weird and dark for Seinfeld (as it tends to be with Larry Charles episodes) but both episodes did have their moments. Tuck or no tuck? George and Jerry in the cop car, Clint Howard and some great Kramer gags. I really dislike the resolution though with Kramer deciding to stay in LA and then he's suddenly back! And the interrogation scene could've been funny but turned out oddly disturbing instead.