Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Metrohunter posted:

A moot point when you're (read: I am) less likely to hit more than 3 targets at a time with Bile Spray anyway. :colbert:

Practice! :v: I play(ed) a Bane instead of a Crab and with venom grenade+arctic breath+bile spray I could keep pace with most heavier AoE characters as long as I got positioning half decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Def vs Res..

If you're softcapped (45%) you're only getting hit by 5% of attacks, but if you're res capped you're still taking 10% right? Well, also, consider the BASE chance for an enemy to hit is 50%. So they're roughly equal on paper.

Buuut.. Just on SOs, with +DEF from power pools, you'll be down to around a 30% chance to be hit, which makes your res go a lot further.

The Lone Badger posted:

I wonder if I should actually start playing this instead of messing about in the costume creator for hours at a time.
I had a friend who would play really hard and then just sit at the costume creator for a while, sometimes during TFs. Being able to do it at any trainer was kind of bad for that.

But you get some costume piece unlocks, and inf to make changes, by playing so it's not a bad idea.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Cones are a pain in the rear end but I kind of like dealing with them, it makes playing a crab a little less mindless amd more engaging. I also went with Cardiac Alpha and the range boost helps a bit.

But mainly it's all about barfing on people.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

minimalist posted:

Cones are a pain in the rear end but I kind of like dealing with them, it makes playing a crab a little less mindless amd more engaging. I also went with Cardiac Alpha and the range boost helps a bit.

But mainly it's all about barfing on people.

Cardiac leviathan crabs own because you can literally just vomit all over an entire room. Mine would still be that spec if I hadn't gotten mad about having no single target damage.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I was Cardiac initially, but then switched to Agility and Ageless for the extra recharge. Tier 4 Ageless will cover any endurance issues you have anyway.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Fearless_Decoy posted:

5 parts is plenty, the bonus for all 6 is meh. Overall it's an above average set, but what makes it worth getting is that you can shove it nearly anywhere. While there are better Melee and Ranged sets, Overwhelming Force is the best non-purple Targetted AoE set. Plus it's one of those Attuned sets, which means you can grab it when you're in your teens and not worry about outgrowing it.

Targetted AoE? Oh dear, dunno how well this'll work for a melee Kinetic Force tank, then. But since KF has so much knockback, I figured it would work dandy for it.

Also, I laughed at the CoX Twitter feed. Apparently their codes they handed out when you tweeted support at the release of particular messages were NA only. But if you have a code, you could PM on forums.

Except when you can only get forums access as a VIP.

They really thought this through.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Dinictus posted:

Targetted AoE? Oh dear, dunno how well this'll work for a melee Kinetic Force tank, then. But since KF has so much knockback, I figured it would work dandy for it.

Also, I laughed at the CoX Twitter feed. Apparently their codes they handed out when you tweeted support at the release of particular messages were NA only. But if you have a code, you could PM on forums.

Yeah. I'm wondering if I should even bother checking that thing ever even if I want those "kirby dots" cause hey free aura :v:

Fortunately, the facebook facepalm functioned when I went for it, and boy do I need that facepalm at this sort of thing.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 17, 2012

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Bakalakadaka posted:

Cardiac leviathan crabs own because you can literally just vomit all over an entire room. Mine would still be that spec if I hadn't gotten mad about having no single target damage.

Take your ST blasts on both Wolf and Crab and you should be fine. Or just let your pets roll- my Crab has perma-Lings and less then a minute between Disruptors and the only time I feel like my ST DPS is suffering is when I run into a EB or AV with an AoE that can wipe my 'lings if they wander too close. You're not going to be doing the ST damage someone in Soul Mastery is going to be doing, but feeling slow is really subjective- Even before IOing out, I solo'd faster with my Crab even on boss-heavy content then either my SS/Shield brute, my Fire/Fire Brute, or my Sonic/Kin corrupter, all of which are pretty good soloing toons.

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

Dinictus posted:

Doing what we can with the resources we have since...what year is it again?

Besides, we got back to the person via our public email - cohcommunity(at) paragonstudios.com.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

That continuing EU/NA code split is kind of weird with the merged server list. I'm assuming there's not a whole lot that they can do about it, though.

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

Mind over Matter posted:

That continuing EU/NA code split is kind of weird with the merged server list. I'm assuming there's not a whole lot that they can do about it, though.

Unfortunately no.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
European codes run on 220 volts

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Zwill, tell whoever schedules the Weekly Strike Target things to use the ITF every now and again. Haven't had it since January, as opposed to Terra Volta respecs or Renault every month.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Zwill, tell whoever schedules the Weekly Strike Target things to use the ITF every now and again. Haven't had it since January, as opposed to Terra Volta respecs or Renault every month.

God yes, nobody likes Terra Volta.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I like it when I have to afk for 30 minutes. Pick a guy with aoe, auto in the reactor.

Seriously though, more ITFs

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
I've got a quick little question since I'm plotting out respecs while preparing for the new AT IO stuff. With the "Rain" powers like Sleet, Ice Storm, etc. is it better to load up with Procs or just treat them like normal AoEs?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Stuff like rains, caltrops, damage auras, all check once per 10 seconds. For PPM enhancements, they're treated as aoe powers with a base recharge time of 10 seconds.

Generally I avoid it, but if you've got extra slots you can certainly give it a try and see if it works well enough for whatever you're using. I've put a Pancea +HP/end proc into triage beacon, which makes it check against everyone in range of each beacon every 10 seconds. Caltrops can have multiple copies out easily, which makes it pretty alright for procs (since it doesn't do phenomenal up front damage).

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Double posts up in this bitch, don't give a gently caress.

- Power/Epic/Patron Pools customization is finally done. Light/dark options for everything, minfx versions for most powers that have a persistent effect.

- Leadership is unchanged aside from its last power, Victory Rush. You target a dead enemy, and depending on its rank, it will grant the team a recovery boost, and a group-wide endurance discount buff.

- Concealment is unchanged too aside from its 5th power, Misdirection. It's a pbaoe placate and resistance (10%) debuff.

- Medicine had Stimulant change to be either the same ally buff as usual, or an enemy damage, tohit, and either a defense or recharge debuff. The 5th power is Field Medic, which is a click that lowers your heal resistance and increases the potency of your heals. If you have Field Medic, Aid Other (and not Aid Self) becomes uninterruptable.

And other less crazy poo poo:
- VEATs do not get their own version of Victory Rush.
- EAT power customization isn't something they're looking into doing.
- No incarnate trials or powerset proliferation with i24. "Incarnate something" though, might be a slot/power.
- No release date for Bio Armor, but it'll be before i24.
- Illusion for Doms would mean nerfing Phantom Army to be something not insane.
- Sorcery/origin pools are still in the "dunno what you're talking about" phase.
- Ninjitsu to Scrappers would mean retooling some powers to work better for Scraps, apparently some QA guy had a few good ideas that Synapse liked.

Time to go turn Spirit Sharks into pink love sharks.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
My big question with procs is how ATOs interact with Carrion Creepers.

Re: Pool rework, Victory Rush should at least be good for getting to 50 on sets that chew up a ton of endurance.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I hope this means there's a minimal fx option for Hasten and Super Speed.

I don't care that Kheldians can't customize their powers. I just want the stupid Kheldian sash costume piece!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Nemo posted:

I hope this means there's a minimal fx option for Hasten and Super Speed.

Yep to both. Flight, combat jumping, super jump were all specifically mentioned as well, but they didn't go over every last power or anything like that.

Also the last time someone brought up sashes, some dev made a comment about how the Carnie pack wasn't going to males (in response to asking for just the sash to be proliferated) because they don't want to make City of Crossdressers or something like that. Haven't heard from that guy in a while.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

My blue backpack lasers :smith:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Abroham Lincoln posted:

because they don't want to make City of Crossdressers or something like that.

Hahahhahahaha, a little too late, there.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
You'd think they'd be all over that, the Pocket D crowd would eat it up. It'd be the second-most-lucrative idea behind releasing a "crotch bulge" piece for females.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Metrohunter posted:

My blue backpack lasers :smith:

To hell with that, I want Meat Doctor backpacks :colbert:

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Sunstorm is male. Shadowstar is female. Both wear the damned sash. So do Moonfire and pretty much every PPD Ascended. Practically the only NPC Kheldians in the game that don't wear it are Requiem, Romulus,, and what's her name from the Moonfire TF. Arakhan?

Swashbucklers wear sashes too without looking like cross dressers :colbert:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

I believe there is one for dudes in the space pirate set, which is lumped in with Super Packs. I just thought it was funny that they adamantly refused to include the Carnie one for guys.

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Also the last time someone brought up sashes, some dev made a comment about how the Carnie pack wasn't going to males (in response to asking for just the sash to be proliferated) because they don't want to make City of Crossdressers or something like that. Haven't heard from that guy in a while.

Well good, because what the gently caress. <:confused:>

e;

Nemo posted:

Sunstorm is male. Shadowstar is female. Both wear the damned sash. So do Moonfire and pretty much every PPD Ascended. Practically the only NPC Kheldians in the game that don't wear it are Requiem, Romulus,, and what's her name from the Moonfire TF. Arakhan?

Swashbucklers wear sashes too without looking like cross dressers :colbert:

OBVIOUS DEV NPC BIAS AGAIN, if Sunstorm (and all the Ascended) gets to crossdress :byodood:

Neena fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 18, 2012

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

They need to check their hetero-normative privilege bias.

Or however that argument is supposed to go, I don't know these things I am not a 14 year old on tumblr.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Double posts up in this bitch, don't give a gently caress.

- Power/Epic/Patron Pools customization is finally done. Light/dark options for everything, minfx versions for most powers that have a persistent effect.

- Leadership is unchanged aside from its last power, Victory Rush. You target a dead enemy, and depending on its rank, it will grant the team a recovery boost, and a group-wide endurance discount buff.

- Concealment is unchanged too aside from its 5th power, Misdirection. It's a pbaoe placate and resistance (10%) debuff.

- Medicine had Stimulant change to be either the same ally buff as usual, or an enemy damage, tohit, and either a defense or recharge debuff. The 5th power is Field Medic, which is a click that lowers your heal resistance and increases the potency of your heals. If you have Field Medic, Aid Other (and not Aid Self) becomes uninterruptable.

And other less crazy poo poo:
- VEATs do not get their own version of Victory Rush.
- No incarnate trials or powerset proliferation with i24. "Incarnate something" though, might be a slot/power.
- No release date for Bio Armor, but it'll be before i24.
- Illusion for Doms would mean nerfing Phantom Army to be something not insane.
- Sorcery/origin pools are still in the "dunno what you're talking about" phase.
- Ninjitsu to Scrappers would mean retooling some powers to work better for Scraps, apparently some QA guy had a few good ideas that Synapse liked.

Time to go turn Spirit Sharks into pink love sharks.

The general consensus around any one playing the game these days is that Trials SUCK. You don't feel like you are contributing poo poo. When are we going to get TFs that reward incarnate XP and tables equivalent to trials? Incarnating via DA might as well be an insult.

Trials: "Let's see the best corner for me to AFK in cause it was going to fail or succeed anyways".

This is a thing.

Seeing the new Night Ward zone actually pissed me off considering how nice it is, and the only reason I saw it was because I wanted the midnighter badge. Why don't they do something smart to get people to play there instead of mid-range content? Make new Incarnate TFs in these zones.

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 18, 2012

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Yea, I would love to be able to run a fun (ITF / STF) style TF with like 4-8 people that ran 30-60 minutes and incarnate exp and a reward table at the end.

I know I personally just spam itrials once I hit 50 till I get my three level shifts and then thats it gently caress that unless Im super bored I never step foot in a trial again. Some characters Ill t4 ageless or something if I need to, but its just such a chore.

Most of the time Ill just join TPNs and sit on the building roofs and read forums while pressing some buttons every once in a while.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I usually participate in the trials, but yeah they suck rear end.

I only have 3 incarnates that I play, so, I dunno, maybe I haven't been exposed to as much poo poo as you guys have.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Whoa whoa whoa: Stop the train for a second.

Where's all the info on the 5th power for power pools? Victory Rush and company sounds amazing.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

They do an hour long livestream every week where they bring dev people on to talk about new poo poo and take relevant questions. And then they put them on Youtube.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Tommy 2.0 posted:

The general consensus around any one playing the game these days is that Trials SUCK. You don't feel like you are contributing poo poo. When are we going to get TFs that reward incarnate XP and tables equivalent to trials? Incarnating via DA might as well be an insult.

Trials: "Let's see the best corner for me to AFK in cause it was going to fail or succeed anyways".

This is a thing.

Seeing the new Night Ward zone actually pissed me off considering how nice it is, and the only reason I saw it was because I wanted the midnighter badge. Why don't they do something smart to get people to play there instead of mid-range content? Make new Incarnate TFs in these zones.

I like the Incarnate trials conceptually myself, but the game was never really designed for them, and they aren't balanced well. Mainly it's the fact you need one good tank and the entire rest of the league is almost superfluous. You've got a Controller that cost you billions and can probably solo the ITF if you so desired? That's nice, sit back while the Invuln Tanker does literally every important job there is to do, you can be on glowy-clicking duty like everyone else. Hooray, you got an Uncommon, wasn't that fun!?

And then yeah, there's the fact you literally have to do it, no questions. Go balls to the wall on the Dark Astoria arcs, do the absolute best you can, and maybe by the end you unlocked Judgement and Interface. Which you could have done in the time it took you to do one third of a contact while sitting on Uncle SS/Fire's LamBAF Extrvaganza.

It was a good idea, really. But it didn't work and there's no use pretending it did.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

They should make all the trials like mayhem missions and fill them with cardboard boxes that explode into dog barks.

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

let us design incarnate trials in AE, i'll make this happen.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

let us design incarnate trials in AE, i'll make this happen.

This is, and I mean this completely unironically, the best idea to come out of this thread so far.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Patware edited it to make it look like Bakalakadaka posted:

They should make all the trials and TFs and missions and zones and character creators and my actual life like mayhem missions and fill them with cardboard boxes that explode into dog barks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Yep to both. Flight, combat jumping, super jump were all specifically mentioned as well, but they didn't go over every last power or anything like that.

So what are the cosmetic options for Super Jump other than "no FX"? I'm hoping for a ground crack landing, like the seismic aura. Because it's silly to always have a super dude jumped a hundred feet into the air and landed softly like a cat. Hell, I think that should've been the default effect of landing from a certain height.

Also would be nice if the Flight customization uses the flight pose emotes which are underutilized.

• Locked thread