Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Goonlance MVP: Hermes II
Goonlance Honorable Mention: Cicada

OpFor MVP: Yosemite Sam Bobcat
OpFor Honorable Mention: Griffin

The Bobcat may have stole the show and torn up Goonlance six ways from Sunday, but that's only because they wasted so much time and firepower trying to kill that drat Griffin. If they could've crippled/killed it sooner, then it's conceivable that they could have had more time to focus down the Bobcat. But the drat thing just wouldn't die, and that's why I feel it deserves some recognition, even if not MVP.

Political Vote: Aye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthXaos
Oct 27, 2010
Goonlance: Hermes II
OfFor: Bobcat

Voting Aye because why would we beg another clan to use their supply lines, we must show our strength by crushing this pitiful rebellion!

seekerwithin
Oct 29, 2011
MVPs: Bobcat & Hermes II

Political Vote: Nay. So leaving supply lines in enemy hands isn't the smartest. This is BattleTech: CHARGE!

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

MVP: Hermes II and the Bobcat.

Voting Nay.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Goonlance MVP: Cicada. Two crits don't beat not missing your all-important big gun rolls basically ever. The damage tally is far, far on the Cicada's side.

OpFor MVP: Bobcat. No explanation needed.

Clan Vote: Nay. More clan tension is bound to lead to interesting things.

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!

W.T. Fits posted:

The Bobcat may have stole the show and torn up Goonlance six ways from Sunday, but that's only because they wasted so much time and firepower trying to kill that drat Griffin. If they could've crippled/killed it sooner, then it's conceivable that they could have had more time to focus down the Bobcat. But the drat thing just wouldn't die, and that's why I feel it deserves some recognition, even if not MVP.

I feel like the Griffin should get MVP instead of the Bobcat for that very reason. And because Ace does not impress me :colbert:

OpFor: Griffin
Goonlance: Cicada
Political Vote: Nay

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

DarthXaos posted:

Voting Aye because why would we beg another clan to use their supply lines, we must show our strength by crushing this pitiful rebellion!

I think you misunderstand what it means when a Clanner says 'persuade.' I don't think Ulric has any begging in mind. More shooting people.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Player MVP has to be the Hermes II.

OpFor MVP, despite some compelling arguments for the Griffin, has to be the Bobcat.

NAY on the political vote. Getting tied up fighting a guerrilla war is incredibly resource intensive, damaging to morale and lacking in glory. A waste of warriors time and lives.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

There are so many ways that putting down an insurrection could backfire on the clans.

Aye.

Servicio en Espanol
Feb 5, 2009
So are we going to see the Atreus Institute for Science?

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
Aye

Anything to see the Jade Falcon advance beyond the other clans. Truly a Jade Falcon conquest of Terra would be one of the "good" outcomes of this LP, if only for the complete alt universe flavor.

Goon MVP Gonna have to give it to the Cicada. The Hermes II pulled off a glorious shot that helped secure the win, but we wouldn't have even gotten that far with out that PPC reliably blowing away the opposition.

OPFOR MVP While the Griffin and the Coyote both did a decent job of distracting and injuring us, nothing had the bowel clenching terror factor of that god drat snub PPC and those claws. Bobcat beyond a doubt, even if it wasn't ACE I think it could have still caused serious damage before it was taken out.

cafel fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jul 19, 2012

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Aye for maximum clusterfuck. MVPs to the Bobcat and Hermes II.

And are the Clans really on the way towards the NRWR? That's gonna get fun really fast, given the effect the name Amaris has on Clanners.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Nay, because gently caress the Steel Vipers by virtue of not being the Ghost Bears. :colbert:

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
PTN could you clarify what pressure the Steel Vipers into using their supply lines means? Would Widowmaker be raiding Steel Vipers and Trial of Possessing their supply lines? Or would it be what I hope it is; Actual cooperation between two Clans. Like "Oh yeah you can totally have these worlds if we can use your supply lines."

Because I think inter-clan fighting is stupid.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Affi posted:

Because I think inter-clan fighting is stupid.

That's like saying "I think fighting Succession Wars is stupid," except that the societies of the Inner Sphere exist for more than perpetuating that state of affairs.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Goonlance: Cicada, who was the lynchpin of the counterattack, though not the one with the luckiest hits.
OpFor: Bobcat, for reasons that should remain obvious.

For the Widowmakers: Lemme think this through. I'm not doubting ilKhan Nasty on this one. A vote for Aye might be wiser, as this would mean dealing with potential problems on the ground and get them fighting towards the rimward Sphere a bit quicker. While this means giving up the ghost on the FRR, this also means getting to see Clans actually fight campaigns south of Terra, should the cleanup operation work out and not turn into a quagmire that stalls the invasion. Which, actually, would also be interesting! And if "dealing with the freeborn" winds up escalating out of control and turns into a war crime in the making, that would also be interesting.

A Nay vote might make more sense for a Clan less interested in occupation and more interested in mobility with the benefit of showing off Clan politics giving unconventional solutions to conventional problems. However, this would also give the Clans a lethal weakness (over-reliance on a single Clan's supply train) and while that would give IS forces a clear target for counterattack, I'd rather the Clans not be defeated by a weakness brought on by their own social workings. Again. This would also weaken the Steel Vipers, who are surprisingly chill in this universe.

I guess I'll vote Aye. And another "Aye" for Ulric's new 'stache.

On another note:

PoptartsNinja posted:

PoptartsNinja’s “I’m Moving” mini-contest results!

Thanks for the pick! Sure did spew a lot of words at the thread. Again. It's a habit, I'll admit, but at least y'alls got a new pic out of it. I'm amused at how far I could misread the situation, but compared to inflicting a horrible Mary Sue parody on the thread and also shamelessly shilling for a jumpy pulse boat, I could've done worse than fluff out a wildly improbable situation given the facts on the ground. Setting everything a year later kind of accidentally gave me a bit of wiggle room, too. :v:

Had a feeling a lower-tech Wraith would be the FWL's no-missiles answer to the Griffin GRF-1S with the extra tons getting split between more sinks (heat neutral if all the spare tonnage gets put there) and armor, and I hope we get to see it in action.

Also, thanks on the Shoalbreaker nod. :cheers:

If anybody's wondering why I'd given the AU-Celestial series the reporting name "Mojave," it's because you can find Bobcats and Coyotes and Badgers and Mountain Lions in the Mojave Desert, which is what I assumed PTN was aiming at since New St. Andrews and House Amaris by extension had a very desert-theme going. Also, I liked the Clavesmen wink, especially since the only reason BT even has great Houses fighting for dominance in a setting with limited FTL travel is because of Frank Herbert.

Runa fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jul 19, 2012

Gladi
Oct 23, 2008
Aye, let us actually solve our supply problem instead of patching over it.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Player MVP:Hermes II.

OpFor MVP: Bobcat.

Political vote: NAY

I hope that no means they fight.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I'm throwing in a vote for Aye. Give those uppity bastards what they deserve.

Also, some more love for the OpFor Griffon. He took a long time to go down, and managed to headcap a goon on the way out. The Bobcat was terrifying, but it was kinda supposed to be given the situation.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

After some thought, it occurred to me that Caesar's hanging with the Vipers and that they're as close to a "good clan" as we've got available to us, so I'd rather let the Vipers keep on trucking towards Skye and screw over the poor Space Vikings.

Aye!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Player MVP: Hermes II
OpFor MVP: Griffin

Nay!

I'm excited to see what the campaign's gonna be like! Good luck to the participants!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Player MVP: Cicada That sucker was lethal and survived to the end.
OpFor MVP: Bobcat Absolutely horrifying mech.

Yay! Widowmakers get bogged down in guerilla warfare against FRR forces. Natashas hubby gets killed and she goes completely apeshit making Turtle Bay seem like a stroll in the park. Clan Widowmaker heads straight for Terra in a suicide mission.

Affi fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 19, 2012

In like Zinn
Jan 3, 2010

You'll notice from the bodies where the squaddies have been.
MVPs: Cicada & Bobcat for reasons that have already been given.

Vote Nay because the saviour of Inner Sphere has laid down the gauntlet and it would be rude of the IlKhan & the Superfriends to keep Amaris waiting by getting bogged down in a guerrilla campaign.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

MVPs: Griffin and Cicada

Vote: Nay

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Tough call: Nay, Terra first, then insurgents.

Treuan
Jun 30, 2011

Go have some COFFEE with CREAM or something! Because I'll tell you something! This is a happy place!
Congratulations PTN. Gonna have to vote Aye!

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Bobcat and Cicada

And I'mma have to say Nay

UrbanUrsine
Oct 17, 2007
Player MVP: Cicada, with honorable mention to the Hermes II.

OpFor MVP: Griffin, with honorable mention to the Bobcat. Murder machine vs. murder machine's unexpected enabler? Gotta go with the latter.

As for political vote...let's go with Aye. The cocked-hat potential for Aye should be fun, and I too have a bit of a soft spot for these Steel Vipers, even if I get the sense that Nay would be more in-character for Ulric.

Patchouli
Mar 30, 2011
Aye

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Current Totals:

Aye: 31

Nay: 37

Shaping up to be a very tight race!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Nay = Possible Under a Steel Skye :getin:

Aye = Clanners shooting space vikings. :negative: Why do you hate space vikings goons?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Whatever the outcome, I just hope it features more Ulric Kerensky and his sweet mustache.

Gregen
Jun 12, 2010

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I'd rather the Clans not be defeated by a weakness brought on by their own social workings. Again.

Got me convinced. Voting Aye, Bobcat, Hermes II.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Aye, says Aye.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
Think about it this way, everyone. A vote of Aye means there's less chance of Galaxy Commander Dusk and crew dying to the guns of a Widowmaker warrior.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

landcollector posted:

Think about it this way, everyone. A vote of Aye means there's less chance of Galaxy Commander Dusk and crew dying to the guns of a Widowmaker warrior.

That can't happen before Caesar converts her to the side of good (with his dick).

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
Am I the only one who thinks NAY = Glass the FRR plebs? Instead of putting down the insurrection, they'll just blow up a bunch of population centers to teach the peasants a lesson while securing supplies from the Vipers. No wasted warriors. AYE would mean dedicating forces to pacify the rebels instead. Maybe I am overestimating the Clans willingness to kill a bunch of people, though.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

You're not. They'll only regret deaths that negatively impact productivity.

Urcinius
Mar 27, 2010

Chapter Master of the
Woobie Marines
Cicada
Bobcat
Aye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

You're not. They'll only regret deaths that negatively impact productivity.

So if the populace of an IS planet happens to be particularly annoying and they don't want to deal with it, I can see them trashing spaceports and whatnot, cut it off from trade and supplies and just let the people eat each other to survive. I bet they're super popular with conquered populations.

• Locked thread