Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Coffee And Pie posted:

It has its moments, though: "it was pretty sad, what with the dead baby and the stooges being executed and all" and the "murderer struck again" dance outside of the police station leap to mind.

The smartarse on the street who tells George he is on Earth cracks me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I like the airport security scene in the Trip. The guy going through the metal detector like a cat burglar inspired my steps through the machine at the airport and courts, and I love George's conversation about moisturizer with the security guard.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

mints posted:

I like the airport security scene in the Trip. The guy going through the metal detector like a cat burglar inspired my steps through the machine at the airport and courts, and I love George's conversation about moisturizer with the security guard.

Ladies and gentlemen. I implore you.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Anklets?

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Aww, Ann Landers SUCKS

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Electromax posted:

Aww, Ann Landers SUCKS

Cops eating Milanos? What kind of crazy town is this?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
He is described as armed and dangerous and reportedly a very generous tipper.

I actually like the LA episodes. Its interesting to see the characters outside of the usual sets and comfort zones, and the whole Keys plotline cracks me up, what with Kramers treatment and telling the story in the back of the van.

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.

jojoinnit posted:

I actually like the LA episodes. Its interesting to see the characters outside of the usual sets and comfort zones, and the whole Keys plotline cracks me up, what with Kramers treatment and telling the story in the back of the van.

Hey, Kramer, have you ever killed a man?

What do you think, junior? You think these hands have been soakin' in Ivory liquid?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

jojoinnit posted:

Word. I won't debate their being out of tone for the series, but I love them. The Stranded and The Dog (at least, the half with the dog) are the only bad eps.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Oh and how could anyone hate the scenes of George pitching episodes of Cheers and LA Law, then having to sit in silence while they insult him on tv?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Since when are you a writer?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I've always smoked! Big smoke-ah! Gave it up for a while, but it was too tough.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

You know what, I think the LA episodes aren't as bad now. I like the tucking scene, the airport scene, and I like Kramer's scene where he tries to pitch a script to Fred Savage.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
12 gauge. Seems to be the most popular gauge. Makes the 11 gauge look like a cap pistol.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just a movie?! You don't understand. This isn't 'Plans 1 through 8 from Outer Space'. This is 'Plan 9'! This is the one that worked! The worst movie ever made!

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Ehud posted:

You know what, I think the LA episodes aren't as bad now. I like the tucking scene, the airport scene, and I like Kramer's scene where he tries to pitch a script to Fred Savage.

I'm not crazy I may look weird but I'm just like you I'm justaguytryingtomakeitinthisbusiness

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Good for you! You're very indepedent! :)

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
Those episodes are great you guys are nuts.

(I always like to present a well-reasoned argument)

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I think it's the LA episode where you can see a poster in the background for season 1 of Law & Order. But yeah, those episodes aren't that good.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Stare-Out posted:

Tuck or no tuck?

That's one tuck, and one no tuck. So simple, but I crack up everytime and I don't know why... then George getting the tucked sheets is icing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love The Trip too, clearly these people are just trying to fool Lloyd Braun.

George's conversations with Corbin Bernsen and George Wendt are hilarious; the "murderer struck again!" dance; George and Jerry (and Larry!) standing outside Kramer's apartment with the rest of the cops; George and Jerry having a good time in the back of the police car; Clint Howard; Kramer detailing how well his life is going to a disbelieving Jerry and George; Kramer's confidence when he's in custody before he freaks out and starts begging Jerry and George to get him out; the tucking and tipping debates; the overly dramatic detective; the uncomfortable three-way hug; Kramer throwing his huge wad of keys at Jerry and his thumbs up as he goes out the door.... it's all great stuff.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

"You know, things are going pretty well for me here. I met a girl..."
"Kramer, she was murdered!"
"Yeah, well I wasn't looking for a long term relationship."

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Sash! posted:

One of my favourite Kramerisms. I think we can all agree now that the LA episodes were the series peak.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Someone should list other episodes they hate so all the redeeming moments can be remembered.

Personally, The Dog is probably my least favorite, or the pilot.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Sash! posted:

This is one of the greatest, no doubt. You really can't be critical of Seinfeld, (except the early first and second season) but the stupid plots never mattered to me. Kramer has always been a stud.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Trip is on tv right now.

This is morning mist.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

The Trip is on tv right now.

This is morning mist.

Scared the hell outta that guy!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Hey, how'd you know about the guy in the park?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

What do you want from me? Tell me! Money, you want money? I'll give you money, how much?!

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

Hey, how'd you know about the guy in the park?

That interrogation is one of my favorite scenes in the series.

Maybe it was one of your other personalities huh, the wise guy, the little kid, the bellhop, the ball player, maybe the door to door vacuum cleaner salesman, but not you right?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The first episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is now available. Posting this here because the first "guest" is Larry David, and this is literally Jerry and George driving around for a while and then getting coffee.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Stare-Out posted:

The first episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is now available. Posting this here because the first "guest" is Larry David, and this is literally Jerry and George driving around for a while and then getting coffee.

Hope the rest of the episodes are longer, this is exactly what I want in a tv show only it's 10 minutes of those two old assholes talking instead of half an hour.

complicated shoes
Sep 11, 2001

Do you do tongue pushups?
What's the episode where Elaine asks a stranger on the street a question (something about what he's eating or something) and the guy answers him, she repeats his answer, and he says something really assholish, like, "What did I just say?" and then scoffs and walks away?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

complicated shoes posted:

What's the episode where Elaine asks a stranger on the street a question (something about what he's eating or something) and the guy answers him, she repeats his answer, and he says something really assholish, like, "What did I just say?" and then scoffs and walks away?
The Muffin Tops.

complicated shoes
Sep 11, 2001

Stare-Out posted:

The Muffin Tops.

Ah, thanks; Seinfeld Scripts is missing that exchange for some reason. I just love how much of a dick that guy is.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That part is so funny because it comes out of nowhere. The dude is just a dick for some reason. Plus the way it's delivered is just hysterical.

complicated shoes
Sep 11, 2001

Elaine's look of horrified confusion is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHtWEH0euh4#t=0m23s

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

That part is so funny because it comes out of nowhere. The dude is just a dick for some reason. Plus the way it's delivered is just hysterical.

It's New York/big city as hell.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Vigilance posted:

It's New York/big city as hell.

They don't have homes, they don't have jobs, what do they need the top of a muffin for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
It's not my favorite, but why exactly is The Dog so hated?