Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I did some white spray priming today, and as usual my spirit was crushed as the sneering spray can farted out fuzzy bits of paint on my carefully assembled troops. But no longer will you be able to laugh at me, Mr. Awful Army Painter Spraycan! No longer will you leave me with completely sub-par, spotty primer coat! Because I just got a bottle of Vallejo Grey surface primer in the mail. Brushed that sucker on top of the spray coat, and now I have a much smoother coat that actually covers the entire miniature. Even as the paint was drying, twenty women passed by on the street and wanted to make hot, passionate love with me because of my awesome priming skills. Of course I turned them all down: I had a smooth layer or primer to attend to.

Thank you, everyone who recommended it in in this thread. You're lifesavers, you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

poo poo, with a backing like that I might have to try it out next time I buy something. Unfortunately I just finished my Legion army and don't foresee myself picking much up any time soon :(

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

lilljonas posted:

I did some white spray priming today, and as usual my spirit was crushed as the sneering spray can farted out fuzzy bits of paint on my carefully assembled troops. But no longer will you be able to laugh at me, Mr. Awful Army Painter Spraycan! No longer will you leave me with completely sub-par, spotty primer coat! Because I just got a bottle of Vallejo Grey surface primer in the mail. Brushed that sucker on top of the spray coat, and now I have a much smoother coat that actually covers the entire miniature. Even as the paint was drying, twenty women passed by on the street and wanted to make hot, passionate love with me because of my awesome priming skills. Of course I turned them all down: I had a smooth layer or primer to attend to.

Thank you, everyone who recommended it in in this thread. You're lifesavers, you know.

*Cool kid undercoat club fist bump*

The black's good as well. The white needs to be done in a couple of coats though, it always tempts me into putting too much on in one go.

Last night I sprayed a bone coloured cloak over some VMA grey primer, then masked it off and sprayed black on the rest of the model... I wouldn't dream of doing that with aerosol because of the lack of control.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Is there a kindly UK goon out there with a spare Necron Deathmark head that they wouldn't mind sending me (I can swap bits, I have a bunch of stuff lying around)?

I bought one off ebay along with a bunch of other bitz.. then promptly lost it. :suicide:

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

I'll check my bits box in a bit as I'm pretty sure I have one somewhere.

I know I posted this dude a couple of pages ago but I just finished it and I'm quite happy with the results. Not the best photo but I'm thinking of adding a few little details to the banner and doing a bit more highlighting to the gold on the banner purity seal. Now to finish 8 more models for the squad!

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I hate you because your marines are hella tight.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I see sprue scar on that shoulder pad :colbert:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Whatevs it's like a beauty mark. Gives it character.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

S.J. posted:

Space man barbie painting trash talk all up in here.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

S.J. posted:

Damnit, now I'm going to have to go back to correct that :argh:

Thankfully it didn't take long at all!

Fuegan fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 20, 2012

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

So, I dusted off my painting supplies for the first time in about 12 years and began painting. I think it turned out pretty well. I really need to build a light box though.

Gareth Gobulcoque fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 20, 2012

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Haters gonna hate

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Fuegan posted:

I'll check my bits box in a bit as I'm pretty sure I have one somewhere.

I know I posted this dude a couple of pages ago but I just finished it and I'm quite happy with the results. Not the best photo but I'm thinking of adding a few little details to the banner and doing a bit more highlighting to the gold on the banner purity seal. Now to finish 8 more models for the squad!

loving horrible. Throw it into the street.

That's one of the best space marines I've ever seen, great job!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hellbeard posted:

Nice conversions Baruch.

Not mine, but yeah, they really are. Looks waaaaay better in person. If they ever get painted, I'll take pictures next time I see them. He's got two hordes of converted ironguts that are just awesome.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Are polyurethane varnishes going to mess up my miniatures? Is there a big difference between them and acrylic varnishes?

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Seriously love your Raptors Fuegan. Clean as can be.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Incoming Lord of the Rings pics. Taking pics of your miniatures and looking at them on the computer is pretty brutal. I am happy for the most part with my figures as tabletop quality but close up is pretty hard for me to look at.

Gamling, Theoden, and Eomer. Theoden is one of my favorites I have painted. I am actually happy about the face for once.

One of my better jobs with a cape.

I need a better Gimli to paint. Don't really like this one.

You have my sword

Uruk Hai scouts and warriors

Ringwraith, Rider of Rohan and a dwarf warrior

I look at this stuff and I look at the Warhammer stuff I painted when I started this hobby a year and a half ago and its amazing how much I have come along.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Those look good dude and yeah that Gimli sculpt is rough.

But clean up those base rims or I will come murder you in your sleep. Probably.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I need to get a real camera and a light box, but for now, 3 ribs down 3 to go on the Ghost Ark before I can put it on a base...

I am liking the way its coming out, but this Ark feels like it is going to take me all week to do.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Fyrbrand posted:

But clean up those base rims or I will come murder you in your sleep. Probably.

Ha! I knew someone was going to jump me for that. I hadn't decided how to do them yet. I thought about just using black around the rim.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Black is clearly the superior choice for base rims.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
I've always preferred black with facing marks, I like to face according to the head and not the shoulders and if it's painted on the base I can tell people who whine about it to shut up because the facing is super obvious.

Adrian Finol
Sep 5, 2004
This thing is taking longer than I expected.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Fuegan I am gonna eat that space marine

I am going to eat him with my mouth and he will be inside of me

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Thanks for the kind words all, looking forward to getting th..

pw pw pw posted:

Fuegan I am gonna eat that space marine

I am going to eat him with my mouth and he will be inside of me

:stare:

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
First rank finished of Pirazzo's Lost Legion. I love the Dogs of War regiments.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Fuegan posted:

Thanks for the kind words all, looking forward to getting th..

:stare:

I think it was meant as some kind of compliment? You better take it as one...

For the sake of your sanity!

By the way, love your Marine. Great work.

Purgey
Nov 5, 2008
I painted some LITTLE TINY BABY-MEN

15mm in da house!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Purgey posted:

15mm in da house!

Repaint and use for Space Alert.

(where did you get them, btw?)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
So this is what I painted today, lovely iPhone pictures incoming:

The writing on the side of the tank says "Annihilate the Fascists" and the writing on the barrel says "Crush", while the star is just a star!

I also finished the snipers and some of their buddies:

Expect better pictures of at least the Basilisk in the next few weeks when I get my camera back.

Purgey
Nov 5, 2008

Pierzak posted:

Repaint and use for Space Alert.

(where did you get them, btw?)

Space Alert? Pshaw! You sully the honor of Battlestations!

Those are old Traveller 15mm figures currently cast by RAFM. They are fun little sculpts. :)

http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RAF&Category_Code=GRAV

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Purgey posted:

15mm in da house!
Entire team is babies!

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
If anyone here remembers the 25th Anniversary model I did a month or two ago, here's what happened the day after it was put in the case at my LGS.

It wasn't bumped or dropped, anything like that. The light fixture at the top of the display case seems to be the culprit.

Hurp derp Finecast.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
What it melted? Jesus.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Fyrbrand posted:

If anyone here remembers the 25th Anniversary model I did a month or two ago, here's what happened the day after it was put in the case at my LGS.

It wasn't bumped or dropped, anything like that. The light fixture at the top of the display case seems to be the culprit.

Hurp derp Finecast.

I'm glad I can leave my warmachine stuff in the car with the windows up for days at a time and not worry about that happening.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

crime fighting hog posted:

I'm glad I can leave my warmachine stuff in the car with the windows up for days at a time and not worry about that happening.
Tell me you aren't using their plastic or resin stuff.

It got into triple digits a few weeks ago, and did Hell on my Cinerators, and I've heard stories about the battle engines.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I fixed some Fennblade swords with hot water so that stuff is definitely susceptible to problems with heat.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

I know it has been argued to death but it amazes me that arguably the worlds biggest wargaming miniature company could gently caress up introducing resin that bad. It hurts because all the new plastic sculpts have been amazing.

Adrian Finol
Sep 5, 2004
Crossposting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Looks sharp. Is that a Troll he's stomping on?

• Locked thread