Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Voting 1. Kestrel Grenadiers

Hot goon on clan action is always the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gladi
Oct 23, 2008
3) Death Commandoes. In war there is only victory!

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

KnoxZone posted:

It is true that we haven't played the Capellans, but at the same time we haven't touched an AFFS unit either. We did play as the Kell Hounds in one mission, but they are just mercenaries. Lets give the Davions a chance!

Technically, we still wouldn't be since they're now Draconis Suns.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention, Cougars have Laser Heat Sinks so they're absolutely fabulous!

I vote for whatever option makes this happen. Because disco!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I'll throw in a vote for 2: Falcon Guard.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Oh, poo poo. You're on my master list but you never got added to the front page. I'll fix that.

I'm guessing that I'm in the same boat since I'm also not listed in the pilot list in the thread?:ohdear:

And I understand about not wanting to force people to choose only one option. Also Luthien was special for its importance and ensuing Shadow Dragon meltdown, and honestly I'm not sure that there's a suitably dangerous threat to Liao at the moment. Not that we're aware of anyway. Like you say, I just don't want them to be killed offscreen as it were.

cHPPC looks to be pretty nasty even with the minimum range. Anything that can put a hole in armor on heavies in one hit is dangerous. And the lack of IS DHS still means the heat advantage isn't totally gone. Yet. To be honest though, I'm not sure many Clan pilots would give up their ERPPCs for one, given that they seem to realize range is their biggest advantage in your universe. Except for Widowmaker I guess. Or is it just an attempt to limit the use of cERPPCs since they're insanely too good in canon?

Bass Concert Hall
May 9, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Death Commandos!

I have a feeling this mission will be a small group of elite pilots, which ought to me fewer players and faster updates...

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

PoptartsNinja posted:

Yes, actually.
code:
Name             Type Heat Damage  Range   Ammo Tonnage Crits Specials
Clan Heavy PPC    DE   20    20   2/4/8/12  --    8.0     3       - 
Stats subject to change. Why yes, it is a 20 heat direct energy LB-20X/AC with only slug ammo and a minimum range penalty and a deathblow to both the Clan range advantage and heat efficiency.

Arquinsiel posted:

Dear god... why?

Because Natasha Kerensky has poor impulse control, that's why.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
The biggest question with the cHPPC, does it incur the TH penalty that plagues other heavy weapons?

vvv Clan Heavy Lasers, yeah. Shoulda specified on that one.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 21, 2012

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

KnoxZone posted:

The biggest question with the cHPPC, does it incur the TH penalty that plagues other heavy weapons?

There's no to-hit penalty on the IS version, but who knows how it'll gently caress with Clan systems (in other words: I'm undecided).

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Voting for Scenario 1 Simply because we just might see the player creations and those versus CHH can't be anything but hilarious fun.

SoylentG
Apr 5, 2011
Voting 3. Death Commandos: I'd like to see PTN and the goons redeem them, if only for the love of a good nuanced villain.

Mirrors
Oct 25, 2007
Death Commandos

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Taerkar posted:

Voting for Scenario 1 Simply because we just might see the player creations and those versus CHH can't be anything but hilarious fun.

There's a reasonable chance of that. The Kestral Grenadiers are pretty elite for an AFFS regiment.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Will be interesting seeing HVAC munitions being used against their intended targets.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Option 2, Falcons, I just want to see those cougars. They sound absolutely frightening.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
1 - Kestral Grenadiers, cause gently caress the clans

Also this is clearly the most 'intresting' option - IS mechs on the offensive, player creation options, the opportunity to gently caress some space racists right up the rear end? What's not to love!

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
With the stats as is, PTN's cHPPC would have a BV of 286. With a +1 TH Penalty, the BV is lowered to 231.

On the other hand, if someone ever officially came up with a clantech ER Pulse PPC (oh God, why?! :gibs:), the rage inducing weapon would have a BV of 538.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.

landcollector posted:

With the stats as is, PTN's cHPPC would have a BV of 286. With a +1 TH Penalty, the BV is lowered to 231.

On the other hand, if someone ever officially came up with a clantech ER Pulse PPC (oh God, why?! :gibs:), the rage inducing weapon would have a BV of 538.

Just out of curiosity, how are you calculating the BV for these new weapons? Is there some online calculator for them or something?

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Holybat posted:

Just out of curiosity, how are you calculating the BV for these new weapons? Is there some online calculator for them or something?

Here:
http://www.heavymetalpro.com/bv_calc.htm

It's likely not perfect, but it works well enough.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Voting for Death Commandos because it appeals to the part of my that votes on things based on how metal their name is. :black101:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The biggest problem with weapon BV figures is that they don't seem to include weight, space or heat.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Option 1. Revenge for Draconis!

BryanChavez
Sep 13, 2007

Custom: Heroic
Having A Life: Fair
3) Death Commandos

Capellans are the best, and the Death Commandos are the most evil Capellans. No brainer.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Voting 3) Death Commandos

The name is a misnomer. They're more into torture than death.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

dis astranagant posted:

The biggest problem with weapon BV figures is that they don't seem to include weight, space or heat.

Heat is factored in by other aspects of the calculation. As for weight and space? Yeah, not at all.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Lighter/smaller weapons already means that you will put more stuff into the Mech, which will naturally increase BV, though.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
1 - Kestral Grenadiers
Huitzilopochtli's in the field.

Arraxis
Jul 10, 2012
3) Death Commandos, because we haven't played as the Capellans yet, and I would very much like to see a scenario from their perspective. Also, didn't Liao also get some player submitted mech designs? Maybe we'll be able to see some here.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Motherfucking Death Commandos. I mean what's more metal than DEATH COMMANDOS?

And Battletech is a game of heavy metal, you need to choose the option which gives you maximum metal at all times.

Besides, sure, they might do horrible things, but they're horrible things that need to be done. Liao citizenry sleep safely in their beds knowing that DEATH COMMANDOS are there to do all the horrible things they don't ever need to concern themselves about.

And if those campaign hints are right, seriously, 0/1 pilots? That is going to be amazingly different from every other scenario.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

MJ12 posted:

And if those campaign hints are right, seriously, 0/1 pilots? That is going to be amazingly different from every other scenario.

Well PTN did say the Death Commandos were currently (one of?) the most elite units in the Inner Sphere. :allears:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Gonna have to go with Death Commandos, if Luthien showed us anything its playing the bad guys is the best.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Another vote for the Death Commandos.

Sandono
Apr 9, 2009
The ever enlightened and wise Chancellor has noticed a severe and potentially fatal lack of Capellan representation in this thread, and feels that an excellent counteraction would be to show the patriotic Death Commandos in their liberation of former Capellan Confederation worlds, freeing them from the vile Hasek tyrants that oppress the occupants and seek to threaten the Confederation as a whole.

Not voting for the Death Commandos is a treasonous offense and the Maskirovka will be alerted to your disgusting lack of patriotic fervor.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Sandono posted:

The ever enlightened and wise Chancellor has noticed a severe and potentially fatal lack of Capellan representation in this thread, and feels that an excellent counteraction would be to show the patriotic Death Commandos in their liberation of former Capellan Confederation worlds, freeing them from the vile Hasek tyrants that oppress the occupants and seek to threaten the Confederation as a whole.

Not voting for the Death Commandos is a treasonous offense and the Maskirovka will be alerted to your disgusting lack of patriotic fervor.

Romano Liao, wise? *snerk* :roflolmao:

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
I just realized: Sun Wu is basically replacing Kai and Sun Tsu, right? Soooooo, how crazy is the kid that replaces Cassandra/Kali going to be? :ohdear:

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Also 3) Death Commandos

We need to get in practice for MWO here...

Bass Concert Hall
May 9, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know its not their style, but I kinda hope this invasion involves a giant swarm of pepperpots.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

1) 1st Kestrel Grenadiers. Beat the Clans. In their conquered territory. And in the spirit of the Word of Lowtax, with a unit named for a bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katreus
May 31, 2011

You and I both know this is silly, but this is the biggest women's sporting event in the world. Let's try to make the most of it, shall we?
Death Commandos.

I wanted to vote for Jade Falcons but it looks like that doesn't really have a chance of winning so... I don't mind either of the two scenarios. (I just don't like the heavy pro-Davion this thread is taking and I like the Capellans. Too bad Candace is dead.)

• Locked thread