Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxorocks
May 13, 2007

I only just ran into Aze - 'Sweet impatience' this weekend, I'm definitely going to add it to my collection for when I'm doing liquid/lighter mixes. There's just something about it that gives me goosebumps, but whenever a track does that to me its an instant buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

I dropped "Take You" on the thread a couple weeks ago, but it's so good that you repeating it is VERY WELCOMED.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
God drat, I know we already talked about this and all, but for anybody that missed it and even those who didn't this one tune from Logistic's new album is SO loving DOPE. I can't get enough. Album of the year?

Logistics - Crystal Skies

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

zeldadude posted:

God drat, I know we already talked about this and all, but for anybody that missed it and even those who didn't this one tune from Logistic's new album is SO loving DOPE. I can't get enough. Album of the year?

Mmmm, delicious. Haven't listened to that whole album all the way through in a couple weeks, but this just reminded me that I need to. Definitely the release that's impressed me most so far this year, and that department has been slim pickins, so that makes me dig it even more.

seiken
Feb 7, 2005

hah ha ha
Ok well if you get to post that one again I get to post the best dnb song in 99 years again!

FuzzyWuzzy
Jul 16, 2009
:dukedog:

zeldadude posted:

Yep. that whole album is awesome but that track always sticks out to me, along with Sendai Song

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
I dropped the ball with DnB at Venetian Snares, Joseph Nothing, and Evol Intent. That Logistics album sounds loving delicious though. Anything else this good come out lately?

Joseph Nothing - A Shine On Your Head

Cassius - I <3 U SO (Skream's Made Zdar Feel Like He Was 20 Again Remix)

mogran fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 28, 2012

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh! Here's some good news that I just came across on Tumblr:

Concord Dawn posted:

I’ve decided to make my new album free. Chasing after money has made drum & bass get kind of yucky in the last couple of years I think we can all agree. And I wanted to give something back to the fine people out there who keep it real and have come out and boogied upon the dancefloor at my shows over the years!

The album is called Air Chrysalis, and the way you get it is by liking his Facebook page and then clicking on a MediaFire link, but here's the MediaFire link directly to save you a step:

http://www.mediafire.com/?29fp1widx7xf0l5

Listening to it now, and so far it's like his other releases: dark, massive and loving radical.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 29, 2012

elTeddy
Jun 19, 2004
Where boys fear to tread
oh gently caress yeah, still listen to disturbance on the regular.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

You can listen to the last track "Soft Focus" here on his SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/concord-dawn/12-concord-dawn-soft-focus

(Actually, I believe all the tracks from this album are up there. You can preview it this way before you download, if you'd like.)

This one's a pretty good indication of the album as a whole: kind of uplifting-sounding, while still having this gritty edge biting through it.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Hey all! It's been a long while since I dropped a new mix on you all, but here it is. I'm incredibly proud of how this one turned out. Atmospheric/Minimal Drum & Bass/Bass, lots of tracks from Med School if you're into that kind of sound. I'm really digging it and I decided to record a 4-deck mix in Traktor with my VCI-100SE - keeping track of all the EQ settings was a nightmare but it came out better than I could have hoped (after a few dozen re-records). Check it out if you need some late night chill music.

http://soundcloud.com/dantheman650/bass-meditations

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Only listened to a few minutes of that mix so far dantheman, but it's totally relaxing and I'm definitely feelin' it. Thanks for sharing!

In fact, it's spacing me out to the point of almost putting me to sleep. (This is a good thing.)

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jun 29, 2012

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Only listened to a few minutes of that mix so far dantheman, but it's totally relaxing and I'm definitely feelin' it. Thanks for sharing!

In fact, it's spacing me out to the point of almost putting me to sleep. (This is a good thing.)

Thank you! I hope you were able to stay up for the rest :)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

dantheman650 posted:

Thank you! I hope you were able to stay up for the rest :)

I was! It was a relaxing kind of spaced out. Minimal-ish stuff like that tends to either get me really focused on one thing that I'm doing (like when I've listened to it on di.fm while driving before, it makes me concentrate on the road even more than I normally do), or just incredibly relaxed. Once the mix was over, I pretty much instantly fell asleep, so thanks :D

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol

delusionsofgrandeur posted:

I personally don't think Pendulum will be back just because of the recent dnb success, the dnb i'm hearing from Rudimental and DJ fresh has been far more musically interesting. Whilst Pendulum may have ignited a more common popular taste for drum and bass they were never producing the highest quality drum and bass.

That said they did write a few stompers, and I have nothing against them, I just found I got bored with it quickly.

Isn't DJ Fresh probably quite responsible for Hold Your Colour era Pendulum in the first place.. considering the change in sound once they were signed to Breakbeat Kaos, and then again after leaving.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just heard Netsky in a Samsung commercial. He's dead to me now :smithicide:

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

Oh! Here's some good news that I just came across on Tumblr:

The album is called Air Chrysalis, and the way you get it is by liking his Facebook page and then clicking on a MediaFire link, but here's the MediaFire link directly to save you a step:

http://www.mediafire.com/?29fp1widx7xf0l5

Listening to it now, and so far it's like his other releases: dark, massive and loving radical.

Just downloaded it and listening to it now. Thanks for the heads up!

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!

[...] Listening to it now, and so far it's like his other releases: dark, massive and loving radical.

I've been listening to it all day yesterday, thanks for the information. This is actually one of Concord Dawn's best albums in my opinion.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Really? It's incredibly samey, bereft of ideas, and every track uses the same drat drum loop. The fact it was given away suggests he knows it too.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Going to see LTJ Bukem tonight. Pumped. That is all.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

djfooboo posted:

Going to see LTJ Bukem tonight. Pumped. That is all.

Opened for Bukem last night, thought I had died and gone to heaven. It's all downhill from here...

chrix fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 8, 2012

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

HJB posted:

Really? It's incredibly samey, bereft of ideas, and every track uses the same drat drum loop. The fact it was given away suggests he knows it too.

Amen breaks in my drum and bass!? :wotwot:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

chrix posted:

Opened for Bukem last night, thought I had died and gone to heaven. It's all downhill from here...

I'm so loving jealous :swoon:

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

Chalupa Joe posted:

Amen breaks in my drum and bass!? :wotwot:

:confused: I don't recall hearing the amen once in the whole album, whole lot of Vengeance snares though.

Seems like each Concord Dawn album is better produced but less interesting than the last.

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007
Friday Five Resurrection: Holy poo poo, Remixes!

So, some pretty dope remixing happened these past few weeks, it's time to share!

- "Atlantic State (Gridlok Remix)" - Dieselboy + Technical Itch. (Fuckin' smooth remix right here, y'all. Definitely one to cruise to.)

- "Step Up (Zardonic Remix)" - Friske + Perpetuum. (Oh my motherfucking god. Zardonic done went and made an already hard track go EVEN HARDER! loving love it!)

- "OD (Gein + Counterstrike Remix)" - Demo. (Hell yes! It's like a tornado of HYPE just blew in! Definitely feelin' this one!)

- "Night Falls (Logistics Remix)" - Taku Inoue. (Wait a minute...so JunoDownload.com teamed up with Namco Bandai and hosted a remix competition for Tekken Tag Tournament 2!?! Word? drat. Imagine my surprise when I found this completely by accident, but I'm glad I did. Logistics really put it down on this one!)

- "What Will You See (Benton Remix)" - Nobuyoshi Sano. (I'm gettin' a serious "Late 90's / Early 00's" vibe from this one, and I am completely fine with that. Dope remix right here.)

Riot.EXE fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 13, 2012

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

I'll play...

-"Hush Little Baby (Fred V & Grafix Remix)" - Wretch 32. If you haven't heard of Fred V & Grafix by now shame on you!

-"make Peace Not War (Blame Remix)" - Skepta. Pretty popy Hip Hop and DnB but I think it's catchy.

-"In And Out Of Phase (Calyx & TeeBee Remix)" - Andrew Bayer & Matt Lange. Take a hint Trance producers.

-"Daddy (Fred V & Grafix Remix)" - Emeli Sande. More Fred V & Grafix magic.

-"By The Wind (Derrick & Tonika Remix)" - Shyma. Ending with a softer touch here.

Virgil Vox fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 13, 2012

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Death! Put your jacket on or you'll get frostbite!

Riot.EXE posted:

So, some pretty dope remixing happened these past few weeks, it's time to share!

- "Step Up (Zardonic Remix)" - Friske + Perpetuum. (Oh my motherfucking god. Zardonic done went and made an already hard track go EVEN HARDER! loving love it!)

YES! Very very good.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm ashamed to say I'd never heard any of those until now, but a few of them are very, very good. That Logistics one is right up my alley. I'd love to drive down the interstate when it's sunny outside but about to rain while listening to that. Same with that Blame mix of the Skepta track.

And that Derrick & Tonika remix is just sickeningly delicious. That's one to drive to when the rain is coming down in full force.

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

I'm ashamed to say I'd never heard any of those until now, but a few of them are very, very good. That Logistics one is right up my alley. I'd love to drive down the interstate when it's sunny outside but about to rain while listening to that. Same with that Blame mix of the Skepta track.

And that Derrick & Tonika remix is just sickeningly delicious. That's one to drive to when the rain is coming down in full force.

All of the ones I posted are like, REALLY NEW, so don't feel bad about that.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Friday Five Late Edition: Too Stupid For A Theme

So first of all this is a bit late for a Friday and secondly I can't think of a theme so anyway here are some tracks:
  • Exile - Prolix (First heard this on a DJ Hype compilation of all things, probably the best track from that release really)
  • Unexist - Jade (From a BSE release, no messing around here)
  • Get Me Down - Noisia (I don't think this track actually saw an official release, according to Discogs it only ever featured on some compilations)
  • Bonus Level - Dirtyphonics (Because they never get enough love)
  • Exit Civilisation - Telemetrik (Just an amazing track really)

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Hey everyone i made a song for the first time in like a year so I'd apreciate it if you'd take a listen!
Sorry for the shameless self promotion!

http://soundcloud.com/navidnb/new-tune-extremely-early

Also, this is a very early clip so it's not even close to being done. But still, I'm happy with how it's coming along so far :shobon:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

zeldadude posted:

Hey everyone i made a song for the first time in like a year so I'd apreciate it if you'd take a listen!

Also, this is a very early clip so it's not even close to being done. But still, I'm happy with how it's coming along so far :shobon:

Sounds loving good to me, man! Why is this just an early clip and any final clip I end up with DNB-wise never sounds half as good as this :ohdear:

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

zeldadude posted:

If it's not nearly done then it should be pretty good once you get it all mixed down and everything. A really good start.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Sounds loving good to me, man! Why is this just an early clip and any final clip I end up with DNB-wise never sounds half as good as this :ohdear:

Cheers guys. I'll make sure to post it once im happy with it. And I'm not sure why yours don't sound as good, could be poor samples, mixing, plent of things. If you link me some of your stuff I can critique it if you like! :)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

zeldadude posted:

Cheers guys. I'll make sure to post it once im happy with it. And I'm not sure why yours don't sound as good, could be poor samples, mixing, plent of things. If you link me some of your stuff I can critique it if you like! :)

Yeah, I think it's a combination of things. I keep going back to them every few days because I think I'm happy with them and then I'll listen to them again on a different system and they'll sound like poo poo to me, so I'll change the mixing/drum samples/etc. and they still never feel complete to me no matter how much time I put into them.

I'll host a couple of them and then PM you. Thanks! :)

boxorocks
May 13, 2007

Figured I'd post a couple links here (so they're not so secret anymore :v:) to see what you guys think of my last two tracks... I kinda went in a different direction stylistically and doing what I felt at the time. It was fun :)

http://soundcloud.com/hostismusic/you-got-to-be/s-fdqoE
http://soundcloud.com/hostismusic/the-last-train/s-zEMRh

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

quote:

Tunes w/ SoundCloud links

Will try to give these all a listen and post some feedback in the comments. Also, here's two WIPs from me:

http://soundcloud.com/r4ns0m/personal-sound-concepts
-- this was for a class I took earlier this summer, we had to do a lot of field recordings, and I tried to write a dnb track around them and a couple new samples I really liked.

http://soundcloud.com/r4ns0m/r4ns0m-huh-wip-v4/s-gLHnx
-- started out as just trying to figure some things out with my E-MU, some more field stuff, plus recording some percussion in with some recent gifts I received.

seiken
Feb 7, 2005

hah ha ha

boxorocks posted:

Figured I'd post a couple links here (so they're not so secret anymore :v:) to see what you guys think of my last two tracks... I kinda went in a different direction stylistically and doing what I felt at the time. It was fun :)

http://soundcloud.com/hostismusic/you-got-to-be/s-fdqoE
http://soundcloud.com/hostismusic/the-last-train/s-zEMRh

These are both real good!

boxorocks
May 13, 2007

seiken posted:

These are both real good!

Thanks. For some reason getting any feedback is like pulling teeth. I rarely ask people to listen but when I do there's pretty much no response and so I just keep plugging away doing my own thing usually. I'll continue plodding along doing what I find enjoyable :)

Edit: will give your stuff a listen subfries when I get home from work (i just started work welp)

boxorocks fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
drat this thread is dead. Here's some good commercial liquid!

Swedish House Mafia - Save The World (Futurebound & Metrik Remix)