Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Yeah, when I saw those on Criterion's DVD I couldn't believe a studio actually put those out. What's more, there've been a few attempts to find out just what the hell that song is in the trailer and everyone's come up short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooble Rampling
Jan 30, 2004

Wow, this was a poorly timed trailer.
http://youtu.be/ZBa5gPI6zgQ
Although honestly who could have predicted what happened in Colorado? Deadline is reporting that they are pulling it and releasing a newer one without that scene.

Hey kiimo, how fast would the turnaround on something like that be at the trailer house? Have you ever had to deal with something sensitive like that? The Spider-man twin towers trailer is the only one I can think of that got pulled in a rush in that way.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Epic. poo poo. Show.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 3, 2015

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Hey, it could be worse. Imagine cutting a trailer for The Watch now.
Edit: Even though the plot synopsis on IMDB reveals that movie is going in a completely different direction than I expected :stare:

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 20, 2012

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I would not want to be in the position of having to market any gun-heavy film right now. Even the most rational person who understands the isolated nature of the incident is still going to picture the scenario when they're sitting in the theatre.

Hell, I think that scene in Gangster Squad looks terrific and even I wouldn't be in the mood to see it on the big screen in a darkened theatre right now.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 20, 2012

RoughDraft2.0
Mar 8, 2007

We really like your car, Mrs. LaRusso.
I absolutely cannot work my way into Finke's logic for lambasting the GS trailer. The scene "should have never appeared in the first place?" I understand pulling it following last night's events, but why on earth would it be considered distasteful prior?

Zaburino
Jul 22, 2006
In other news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pALMMIoxTzY

Gooble Rampling
Jan 30, 2004

RoughDraft2.0 posted:

I absolutely cannot work my way into Finke's logic for lambasting the GS trailer. The scene "should have never appeared in the first place?" I understand pulling it following last night's events, but why on earth would it be considered distasteful prior?
I know, that was really an all-around horrible article. That's why I only mentioned it and didn't directly link to it. She obviously just wanted attention on herself.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

All the prior teaser trailers had gotten me super pumped for this movie and this seals the deal.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

A couple of teasers for Man of Steel. The content is more or less the same, but there is one key difference.

This version features a voiceover by Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent.

http://youtu.be/zpvOT6HJCmg

And this one has Russell Crowe narrating as Jor-El.

http://youtu.be/Zld8i2mRxb0

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I have some friends who work with Neill Blomkamp and apparently he's released another mystery teaser on Youtube similar to the one he released through Wired magazine a few years ago. I have no idea what it's for, and if you believe my friends neither do they because Blomkamp won't say poo poo about it. Pretty sure it's not connected to Elysium and has more of a comedy feel than District 9, so who who knows what the gently caress. It's pretty weird.

Maybe :nws: for mutant testicles & language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJWkn24woZk

From the hoop to the fuckin' gorge, eh? :laugh:

I checked with a mod first before posting this, so please don't report me for being a studio shill (I'm not).

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
So not only are Warner Bros. removing that Gangster Squad trailer and cutting a new one, they're also completely removing that scene from the movie and doing re-shoots.

Which is ridiculous.

Sorry, kiimo, this must really suck.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

GonSmithe posted:

So not only are Warner Bros. removing that Gangster Squad trailer and cutting a new one, they're also completely removing that scene from the movie and doing re-shoots.

Which is ridiculous.

That's fuckin' stupid, just push it back a bit. In 4 months no one is going to be talking about this (sad but true).

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

That's fuckin' stupid, just push it back a bit. In 4 months no one is going to be talking about this (sad but true).

It's kind of smart from a business standpoint. It gives them a legitimate reason to release a "Director's Cut" DVD down the road.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

GonSmithe posted:

Which is ridiculous.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/terrorism-storylines-being-added-to-tv-shows-as-qu,3260/

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^^^haha holy poo poo.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 3, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GonSmithe posted:

Which is ridiculous.

What scene?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Some dudes (probably gangsters) tear down the screen of a movie theatre, stride through it and start shooting into the cinema with tommy guns.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It is in the trailer that was at the beginning of this thread. It has been pulled down but I'm sure you can find it somewhere.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Vagabundo posted:

A couple of teasers for Man of Steel.

:stare: This is some Terence Malick level poo poo. I mean that in an incredibly positive way. Was not interested in this movie at all beforehand, but this pair of trailers is loving brilliant.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I think it has more in common with early Michael Bay films than Terrence Malick, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_sUlupV48I

drat, in retrospect did Michael Bay catch any flak for casting all 14 of those crew members as men? Liv Tyler is the only woman in that movie and she spends the entire length of it crying.

Jewmanji fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 25, 2012

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of the shuttle copilots is a woman but she doesn't really get that many lines or, you know, any kind of characterization.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Her lines are pretty good, though.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

GonSmithe posted:

Which is ridiculous.

Is there a gif out there that is a slowly expanding :ughh: that then starts spewing psyducks everywhere

Because that needs to happen

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Still not as bad as removing the Spider-Man trailer with the WTC. And probably cutting it from the movie.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Still not as bad as removing the Spider-Man trailer with the WTC. And probably cutting it from the movie.

It was never a part of the movie.

Also, there's no confirmation that they're recutting Gangster Squad, just that they've considered it. Now it seems like they may delay the film into next year, which to me sounds like they're waiting for the story to blow over so they don't have to do reshoots.

e: vvv I wasn't implying anything nefarious. I said the same thing you did, only I speculated that an upside of disassociating themselves was them not having to do reshoots.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 25, 2012

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

It was never a part of the movie.

Also, there's no confirmation that they're recutting Gangster Squad, just that they've considered it. Now it seems like they may delay the film into next year, which to me sounds like they're waiting for the story to blow over so they don't have to do reshoots.

That's not really the reason, it is getting pushed (which is happening) to disassociate it with this tragedy. You can call it Studio Damage Control 101 but really it only makes sense, nothing nefarious here just doing what they should. They may still re-shoot the scene though. That remains to be seen.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jewmanji posted:

I think it has more in common with early Michael Bay films than Terrence Malick, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_sUlupV48I

I don't really see it. The Man of Steel teaser is really trying to to be as low key as possible while that clip is Michael Bay trying waay to hard say that this is important, this matters, a thousand Hindus are hoping that Bruce Willis drills that asteroid hard.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

kiimo posted:

That's not really the reason, it is getting pushed (which is happening) to disassociate it with this tragedy. You can call it Studio Damage Control 101 but really it only makes sense, nothing nefarious here just doing what they should. They may still re-shoot the scene though. That remains to be seen.

WB has always been one of my favorite studios, and I have to say, they have been doing nothing but great things when it comes to responding to this event. I think re-cutting it might be a bit much, but pushing it back makes sense.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Alhazred posted:

I don't really see it. The Man of Steel teaser is really trying to to be as low key as possible while that clip is Michael Bay trying waay to hard say that this is important, this matters, a thousand Hindus are hoping that Bruce Willis drills that asteroid hard.

Yeah, maybe it isn't the strongest case, but I don't think it really bears much resemblance to Malick either. Maybe I'm just defensive of Malick's style, but I think there's more to it than high-contrast close-ups of pastoral imagery. It really seemed like it was trying to key into this weird Americana thing that reminded me of Bay's flag-waving.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jonny Angel posted:

:stare: This is some Terence Malick level poo poo. I mean that in an incredibly positive way. Was not interested in this movie at all beforehand, but this pair of trailers is loving brilliant.

I wasn't feeling the Costner narration so much because the lines are so clichéd, but the Butler Crowe as Jor-El narration sends a bit of a tingle down my spine.

VV sorry, drinking and posting don't mix.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 26, 2012

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

davidspackage posted:

I wasn't feeling the Cotner narration so much because the lines are so clichéd, but the Butler as Jor-El narration sends a bit of a tingle down my spine.

Crowe, not Butler.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
"Life of Pi" trailer is out. I really need to find a copy of this book and read it pronto, because this looks pretty awesome.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q48Aq488GwA
Wachowskis' Cloud Atlas has a 5 min plus trailer out.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Good to see Hugo Weaving's not being typecast or anything.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Literally Every Movie: The Movie

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Red_Museum posted:

Blocked in the States I guess.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Red_Museum posted:

Judging by a 5 minute trailer, it looks like the movie is going to be a long and really messy one. But it still looked interesting and beautiful, kind of a nice clusterfuck you just want to witness.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Apple's now hosting the Cloud Atlas trailer for the filthy Americans, and, um...poo poo.

Watch the commentary first, then watch the trailer; you'll be that much more impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I really hope Cloud Atlas is good, I loved the book. It definitely looks interesting. I really liked the shot of the car crash from inside the car. Interesting to see it from that perspective without an immediate cut away.

• Locked thread