Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Do a clean save:

- With the mod enabled, go inside (in game, you dummy)
- Save (not a quick-save, don't overwrite an old one)
- Disable the mod
- Start the game
- Make a new save
- Go outside and see if that fixed it
- If not, load up the clean inside save and wait a week or two (in game, you dummy)

Own problem: Anyone using The NVSE 4gb version having issues with the game hanging horribly on exit? Like, I need to kill off the .4gb executable in the process manager to get it to close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marvili
Feb 16, 2012
I've been running into a bit of a problem with CCO's damage resistance module - I'm playing a character with the Determined trait (15 permanent damage threshold in exchange for being able to use chems) and into the past (5 damage threshold and 3 crit when wearing a piece of pre-war clothing), and my Pip-boy is showing me as having 27 DT but only 17 DR, despite the fact that I'm using all light armor. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: When I remove the pre-war hat my damage threshold goes down by five, but my DR stays the same. Very strange.

Edit2: Got my DT up to 24 without the hat and my DR goes up to 19 as expected, seems to be a problem with how the into the past perk works with DR.

Marvili fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 25, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

thrakkorzog posted:

You could just edit the OP, since there are still a bunch of goons fresh off the summer Sale looking for SA approved mods. And RTFOP doesn't work if the OP is recommending a lovely mod.

Yeah, beat you to that punch by like 9 hours.

Ariza posted:

I had installed Western skies from the op, but the sandstorm annoyed me. I saved the game and disabled the mod. When I loaded, the perception had stayed dropped four points as though the mod was still active. I tried playing again with the mod enabled, waited for a storm to start and end, and the perception and stealth were still messed up. Is there any way to fix this without using the console?

Out of curiosity, why would you not want to use the console? It's probably the easiest way to fix the problem, especially if Gyshall's solution doesn't work.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Does everyone get really bad stuttering whenever distant textures and geometry pop-in? I'm only really running Fellout, Arenovalis' WRP, and Mission Mojave, so I don't think it could be one of my mods. Does reducing the draw distance help with that? That seems counterintuitive since it seems like things would be popping in more frequently, but I'm kind of at a loss. The game runs fine except for those moments where I see a mountain suddenly appear in the distance.

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
Okay, I clearly don't know what I'm doing anymore. The game plays just fine vanilla; with all these mods active it hangs and then crashes at the title screen before any options (New Game, Load, etc.) even get a chance to display.

Before I spend a few hours turning everything back on one at a time, I wanted to see if anyone can see an obvious reason why I'm crashing.

FalloutNV.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
ThePitt.esm
Zeta.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
IWR.esm
domecity.esm
domecity_Kaz_plugin.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
NSkies URWLified.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - DLCs.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
RustTownV1Master.esm
The.Armory.esm
More Perks.esm
More Traits.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
More Perks for Dead Money.esm
More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm
More Perks for Old World Blues.esm
RFCW_PackageFix.esm
RFCW_PackageFix_Anchorage.esm
RFCW_PackageFix_BrokenSteel.esm
RFCW_PackageFix_PointLookout.esm
RFCW_PackageFix_ThePitt.esm
RFCW_PackageFix_Zeta.esm
IWR - Rebuilt.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
Lucky38MarkerV3.esp
Improved Sound FX - Project Nevada.esp
Dog_City3.esp
GRA - The Right to Bear Arms.esp
AWOPDeadMoney.esp
CompanionDisguises.esp
No More Annoying CC - ALL.esp
SunnyCompanion.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WME - DLCs.esp
WME - DLCs Arenovalis.esp
NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
NVR-Minimum.esp
RustTownAdditions3.esp
OWB Valence Mask.esp
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
HZBagOfHolding.esp
The.Armory.HonestHearts.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Honest.Hearts.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Lonesome.Road.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Old.World.Blues.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Dead.Money.Patch.esp
NVCE Main.esp
NVCE Main - Companions.esp
NVCE DLC01.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
NVCE DLC04.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-AllInOne.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-GRA.esp
More Perks for Companions Update.esp
More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp
More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp
More Perks for Old World Blues Update.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Traits Update.esp
RFCW_Main.esp
RFCW_Anchorage_Main.esp
RFCW_BrokenSteel_Main.esp
RFCW_PointLookout_Main.esp
RFCW_ThePitt_Main.esp
RFCW_Zeta_Main.esp
RFCW_MagicSewerTravelPoint.esp

Total active plugins: 95
Total plugins: 95

The fallout 3 stuff is from that mod that combines the two. BOSS isn't detecting anything wrong, neither is FNVedit.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah, beat you to that punch by like 9 hours.

Out of curiosity, why would you not want to use the console? It's probably the easiest way to fix the problem, especially if Gyshall's solution doesn't work.

It didn't work so I did end up using the console. I set perception to 10, but since the mod is still flagging something it's actually still showing 6(-) on the thingie which is really annoying.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

subujun posted:

Okay, I clearly don't know what I'm doing anymore. The game plays just fine vanilla; with all these mods active it hangs and then crashes at the title screen before any options (New Game, Load, etc.) even get a chance to display.

Before I spend a few hours turning everything back on one at a time, I wanted to see if anyone can see an obvious reason why I'm crashing.

FalloutNV.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
ThePitt.esm
Zeta.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
IWR.esm
domecity.esm
domecity_Kaz_plugin.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
NSkies URWLified.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - DLCs.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
RustTownV1Master.esm
The.Armory.esm
More Perks.esm
More Traits.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
More Perks for Dead Money.esm
More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm
More Perks for Old World Blues.esm
RFCW_PackageFix.esm
RFCW_PackageFix_Anchorage.esm
RFCW_PackageFix_BrokenSteel.esm
RFCW_PackageFix_PointLookout.esm
RFCW_PackageFix_ThePitt.esm
RFCW_PackageFix_Zeta.esm
IWR - Rebuilt.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
Lucky38MarkerV3.esp
Improved Sound FX - Project Nevada.esp
Dog_City3.esp
GRA - The Right to Bear Arms.esp
AWOPDeadMoney.esp
CompanionDisguises.esp
No More Annoying CC - ALL.esp
SunnyCompanion.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WME - DLCs.esp
WME - DLCs Arenovalis.esp
NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
NVR-Minimum.esp
RustTownAdditions3.esp
OWB Valence Mask.esp
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
HZBagOfHolding.esp
The.Armory.HonestHearts.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Honest.Hearts.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Lonesome.Road.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Old.World.Blues.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Dead.Money.Patch.esp
NVCE Main.esp
NVCE Main - Companions.esp
NVCE DLC01.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
NVCE DLC04.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-AllInOne.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-GRA.esp
More Perks for Companions Update.esp
More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp
More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp
More Perks for Old World Blues Update.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Traits Update.esp
RFCW_Main.esp
RFCW_Anchorage_Main.esp
RFCW_BrokenSteel_Main.esp
RFCW_PointLookout_Main.esp
RFCW_ThePitt_Main.esp
RFCW_Zeta_Main.esp
RFCW_MagicSewerTravelPoint.esp

Total active plugins: 95
Total plugins: 95

The fallout 3 stuff is from that mod that combines the two. BOSS isn't detecting anything wrong, neither is FNVedit.

Are you installing these all at once? Or installing them a few at a time, etc.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
What happened to the 'shop' mod that added a ton of kickass futuristic weapons around the vegas area?

Seems like there was a few and now that I've come back they're gone. I can't for the life of me remember their names. I'm assuming the mod owners tore their mods down in fits of rage, but I'd like to know for sure.

subujun
Mar 31, 2010

Gyshall posted:

Are you installing these all at once? Or installing them a few at a time, etc.

Initially all at once since it didn't seem like there would be any incompatibilities. Obviously, I'll be turning them all on one at a time to see what is causing the problem - I just wanted to see if anyone noticed any mod in particular causing the crash.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
You've got so many mods. What I would do is turn all of them off, make sure there is nothing left over in the Data folder except the regular stuff (FalloutNV.esm/DLCs) and then start installing them one at a time with a mod manager.

Alternatively, rename the Data folder Data.old, then use STEAM to revalidate the cache. That should get you a clean Data folder. Make sure the game runs, then start installing the mods with a mod manager.

If you're just dropping the mods in one by one manually, that is normally the fastest way to crash your game and make it completely unstable.

You've also got ESM files loading after ESP files, and a whole bunch of other mods that alter the worldspace in similar ways. Not to mention Requiem for a Capital Wasteland is a crash-happy mess.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Gyshall posted:

You've got so many mods. What I would do is turn all of them off, make sure there is nothing left over in the Data folder except the regular stuff (FalloutNV.esm/DLCs) and then start installing them one at a time with a mod manager.

Alternatively, rename the Data folder Data.old, then use STEAM to revalidate the cache. That should get you a clean Data folder. Make sure the game runs, then start installing the mods with a mod manager.

If you're just dropping the mods in one by one manually, that is normally the fastest way to crash your game and make it completely unstable.

If I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled a bunch of mods (which has caused my data folder to become bloated) can I safely "clean" my data folder as per your instructions?

I want to effectively uninstall all my mods, clean up the data folder so that it is essentially vanilla, check for updates to my mods, then reinstall the mods one by one. If I'm not adding or taking away any mods (just possibly updating some), I shouldn't see any problem with my save games correct? I hope???

How do I use STEAM to revalidate the cache? Is that all I would have to do short of reinstalling the whole game?

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 25, 2012

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Fallout Mod Manager is pretty good about not leaving anything behind when you uninstall the mods. So yes, you can assume that it is clean. The only way to know for sure, aside from going through the Data folder by hand, is to revalidate the Cache (renaming the Data folder), which is done by clicking on the game in Steam, going to Properties, and clicking on the "Revalidate local files" (I think that is the wording.)

The question of saves is tricky. Some mods will cause what is known as "Save Bloat" - that is, they make references that are saved in the actual save files and uninstalling mods can't clean these references.

Some mods, like WMX, come with uninstall scripts to cleanly remove them. Others (most) don't. If you've got a bloated save with bad references to old files, it won't do you much good to just uninstall/reinstall.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Arkitektbmw posted:

What happened to the 'shop' mod that added a ton of kickass futuristic weapons around the vegas area?

Seems like there was a few and now that I've come back they're gone. I can't for the life of me remember their names. I'm assuming the mod owners tore their mods down in fits of rage, but I'd like to know for sure.

Does Shrapnel ring a bell? It was removed from Nexus cuz it had commercial content in it. It was also a poorly done weapons mod, sorry to say. Those who have worked with me in TA have heard and discovered all of the ways how over the past couple years...

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Just get The Armory! It's got more loving things to shoot than... well. Any other mod out there.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Ariza posted:

It didn't work so I did end up using the console. I set perception to 10, but since the mod is still flagging something it's actually still showing 6(-) on the thingie which is really annoying.

I know I didn't ask for help again, but does anyone know how to fix this? It's showing 17(-) for lockpicking and a couple other skills as well. I've deleted all traces of Western Skies, reinstalled, tried Gyshall's fixes from a few posts up. After I installed the mod, I kept waiting for another sandstorm. When one came around, it knocked perception all the way back down to 1 and lowered the skills with it. I can just raise them with the console, but I don't think I'll ever be able to get perception higher than six, since when I use the player.setav perception 10, it sets it to 6(-).

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Could be a bug with Western Skies, then. I'm using Project Reality, myself - are you using any other overhaul mods?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Gyshall posted:

Could be a bug with Western Skies, then. I'm using Project Reality, myself - are you using any other overhaul mods?

No it's the only one. I think it's just a problem with Western Skies and I'm just going to have to deal with it, unless there's a console command to get rid of negative effects. I've tried searching without any luck, though I will admit I'm not particularly good at searching for things.

subujun
Mar 31, 2010

Gyshall posted:

This right here helped out a lot. From testing after each mod, it seems as though Requiem for the Capital Wasteland was the culprit. Everything seems to be up and running now. Thanks!

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
If you want a bunch of new weapons for your game, your best bet would likely be The Armory+AG Supplementary Uniques+Fallout 3 Weapons Restoration, and WMX or WME to top it all off. Anything beyond those likely conflicts with the Armory (like loading up Classic Fallout Weapons and The Armory would result in multiple Desert Eagles, for example).

On the subject, what's the main difference between WMX and WME?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Gyshall posted:

Just get The Armory! It's got more loving things to shoot than... well. Any other mod out there.

Speaking of the Armory, does anyone still have that list that has all the guns in it? I'm thinking of snagging it, and want to deactivate any of my old weapon mods that would be redundant.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
The Happy Gecko site you download it from still has a database listing of guns, but it's outdated if I recall correctly. Having run through the whole list of guns in the latest WIP, however, it's safe to say that it conflicts with the majority of weapon mods that add any realistic (or real life) guns.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

misterdoo01 posted:

The Happy Gecko site you download it from still has a database listing of guns, but it's outdated if I recall correctly. Having run through the whole list of guns in the latest WIP, however, it's safe to say that it conflicts with the majority of weapon mods that add any realistic (or real life) guns.

As long as you don't use the leveled lists/or merge them with fnvedit, nothing in the armory will conflict with anything in the technical sense. If you add the weapons of some mod to your game, you just might end up with duplicates. Usually though, there's a good chance whatever mod you added or wanted to add is exactly the same gun the armory already has, just fixed up and better balanced.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

misterdoo01 posted:

Beyond the differences in mods that each weapon receives, WMX also adds common variants of "This Machine" (Battle Rifle) and "That Gun" (.223 Pistol) to the leveled lists. Additionally, it allows you to modify melee weapons. By comparison, WME is more of a mod that ensures all weapons have three mods floating around for them.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

Just to make sure I'm doing it right, you can add texture packs via FOMM and it shouldn't have a problem, right? Or do I need to drag them to /Data?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

misterdoo01 posted:

Well, it won't actually legitimately conflict, you just might have duplicates of the same kind of weapon. So if you have another mod that adds say an FN SCAR and then TA, you'll have two FN SCARs from two different mods. They won't really actually conflict though unless they're named exactly the same ID wise.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Right, sorry. They don't conflict, but having duplicates with different stats is a little weird. I suppose you could pop either mod open in the GECK and simply remove a duplicate.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip

Midrena posted:

I was in the same boat as you a few days ago, and I found these posts steered me in the right direction:

In the end I went for:

Of course I have a few other things that I liked the sound of (Cinematech/Imaginator/Dynavision/Director's Chair, RoboCertified, Manual reload, Simple street lights, Faction ID Cards, etc.), but you get the idea for the more 'major' ones in the list above.

If you don't mind, what's your load order with these? I'm very concerned with stability, which is why I was really hesitant to just toss on two dozen mods.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Saints Crow posted:

Just to make sure I'm doing it right, you can add texture packs via FOMM and it shouldn't have a problem, right? Or do I need to drag them to /Data?

If the texture pack has a plugin for some reason, then you'll have to activate that via FOMM. Somehow, something has to get placed in the data folder though, regardless of how it gets there (either manually extracted or installed as a .fomod via FOMM.) EDIT: I think you can also install texture packs as .fomods, and this might be helpful for doing that.

Yip Yips posted:

If you don't mind, what's your load order with these? I'm very concerned with stability, which is why I was really hesitant to just toss on two dozen mods.

It wouldn't hurt to check out another person's load order if they're using a very similar loadout, but also remember to use an updated BOSS list as a start. It's a very useful and--with the mods you two are talking about--effective tool.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 26, 2012

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

I've resolved my problem. I must have accidentally edited the DLC ESMs at some point, because copying back the originals helped.

Is it still a good idea to use the MasterUpdate trick?

I heard that masterupdate on fonv doesn't help.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

misterdoo01 posted:

CoP covered it, but WMX main difference is that it adds some pretty sweet melee mods. Think of it along the lines of Dead Rising.

Crowetron posted:

Speaking of the Armory, does anyone still have that list that has all the guns in it? I'm thinking of snagging it, and want to deactivate any of my old weapon mods that would be redundant.

If you're on the fence, just activate the "Cabinet" ESP file and go to Goodsprings to check it out. It has a cabinet behind the saloon with literally every weapon in the mod.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I heard that masterupdate on fonv doesn't help.

If I'm not mistaken, Masterupdate is no longer really needed. At least, I haven't had to do it (at all) - someone correct me if I'm wrong.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Robco Certified in the OP.

I want to do a mad scientist/tinkerer for my next run and this mod sounds perfect. How long does it take to get to bot making? The mod description isn't clear how fast one can get to the robot mastery and I want metal friends asap as I don't want to really pump any of the combat skills.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I think I've finally got my Happy Hardcore Load Order for Immersion and Difficulty (TM) - for some reason FOMM is reporting DUI and IWR at the end (but they're not!):

http://pastebin.com/PpREEksu

Which I'll be adding The Armory cabinet on top of, don't worry.

I have one question that I'm curious about, however - does anyone have input on consequences/ramifications of making an ESP file that takes all of the (GRA) tags off of weapons from Gun Runners Arsenal? I know how to do it and am relatively positive it would be easy to do (if time consuming) - I think the only thing that I'd have issues with was certain weapon mods not working for the GRA weapons - and not knowing exactly why in-game. Is this correct?

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Does anyone know what mod would affect Ammo boxes?

When I try to use them by dropping them and picking them up again, they just enter my inventory without opening into ammo.

It didn't use to have this issue and I have not installed any new mods.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Ariza posted:

No it's the only one. I think it's just a problem with Western Skies and I'm just going to have to deal with it, unless there's a console command to get rid of negative effects. I've tried searching without any luck, though I will admit I'm not particularly good at searching for things.

If you can wait a day or two until I get back to my own computer I can upload a version of Western Skies which has all traces of the sandstorm weather removed. I don't know if it'll fix your stats or not but it's worth a try I'd say.

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

The city looks almost bearable from up here.
CoP, might I suggest updating the Simple Street Lights url in the OP? Before it gets lost in the thread again.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21453599/Simple_Street_Lights_v1_3-41777-1.rar

On that note, considering I'm already up to New Vegas on my playthrough that's using electro city, am I right to assume I'm probably hosed if I want to switch it out for SSL now?

I know there were warnings of just how much poo poo besides lights electro city adds, but jesus christ I wasn't expecting half of what I've seen. Granted, it's actually pretty well implemented but when all you want is some extra lights and you get half a dozen locations on top of a dozen caravans and 50 engineers and poo poo, it's a little much.

Antignition fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 26, 2012

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Antignition posted:

CoP, might I suggest updating the Simple Street Lights url in the OP? Before it gets lost in the thread again.

On that note, considering I'm already up to New Vegas on my playthrough that's using electro city, am I right to assume I'm probably hosed if I want to switch it out for SSL now?

I know there were warnings of just how much poo poo besides lights electro city adds, but jesus christ I wasn't expecting half of what I've seen. Granted, it's actually pretty well implemented but when all you want is some extra lights and you get half a dozen locations on top of a dozen caravans and 50 engineers and poo poo, it's a little much.

That's my dropbox, but I don't mind putting it on the happygecko hosting in the hosted files. I'd prefer that more.

edit: http://www.happygeckosoftware.com/hosted/Simple_Street_Lights_v1_3-41777-1.rar should do the trick.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

bunnielab posted:

I want to do a mad scientist/tinkerer for my next run and this mod sounds perfect. How long does it take to get to bot making? The mod description isn't clear how fast one can get to the robot mastery and I want metal friends asap as I don't want to really pump any of the combat skills.

Not very long. I believe most of the initial perks open up at level 4, and with relatively low (30 point) skill requirements.

jerichojx posted:

Does anyone know what mod would affect Ammo boxes?

When I try to use them by dropping them and picking them up again, they just enter my inventory without opening into ammo.

It didn't use to have this issue and I have not installed any new mods.

That problem was fixed a long time ago...like in one of the first patches. If you purchase one, the ammo box never gets added to your inventory--just the ammo it contains. I'm not sure why you would be experiencing that problem, short of you no longer using the latest patches.

Gyshall posted:

Own problem: Anyone using The NVSE 4gb version having issues with the game hanging horribly on exit? Like, I need to kill off the .4gb executable in the process manager to get it to close.

I've gotten those before, coincidentally while using the FNV4GB executable (which I never don't use), but my problems were usually traced to bad merged patches, load orders, or certain combinations of mods. The hanging-on-exits would always mysteriously go away after ditching 5 or 6 of my mods.

Antignition posted:

Naky posted:

That's my dropbox, but I don't mind putting it on the happygecko hosting in the hosted files. I'd prefer that more.

edit: http://www.happygeckosoftware.com/hosted/Simple_Street_Lights_v1_3-41777-1.rar should do the trick.

Thanks for the reminder. OP updated.

In regards to Electro-City, the one thing that really bothered me was the huge fuckoff electricians' plant/base north of Novac. It was sprawling and unnecessary and pointless.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
I was wondering if someone could quickly recommend me a mod that increases the amount of enemy spawns while wandering the wasteland. I have just started playing this game again and have found enemy encounters to be a bit sparse. I don't want to be overwhelmed or anything, just enough to keep my high level characters busy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

fuckpot posted:

I was wondering if someone could quickly recommend me a mod that increases the amount of enemy spawns while wandering the wasteland. I have just started playing this game again and have found enemy encounters to be a bit sparse. I don't want to be overwhelmed or anything, just enough to keep my high level characters busy.

Increased Wasteland Spawns, in the op.

Can someone edit the thread title to mention looking in the OP for recomended mods, I think it's great that a bunch of people bought the game during the Steam sale, but there's been a ton of "recomend me some good mods" requests lately and Cream-of-Plenty has done a great job keeping the OP updated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
first i just wanna say that this thread owns, especially you cream-of-plenty.

secondly, Project Neveda is being dumb and apparently the .esp's (Rebalance and Cyberware) have the headers of .esm files. Are these safe to enable, is there a fix, or should i not bother with them. I don't have any huge desire to use them, I'm just curious.

Also, is A World of Pain any good? I've heard mixed things and I didn't see it in the OP.