Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Its a smokestick, isn't it? Its sticklike, releases smoky stuff...? But of course that's too obvious, so lets analyze it a hell of a lot more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I honestly thought it was just some sort of smokebomb type powder.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Cliff Racer posted:

I honestly thought it was just some sort of smokebomb type powder.

Vorgen posted:

Its a smokestick, isn't it? Its sticklike, releases smoky stuff...? But of course that's too obvious, so lets analyze it a hell of a lot more.
I see no reason to overanalyze past this. The things cost, what, 10g? Don't even have weight. It'd make a lot of sense for Haley to have some. Remember when Miko used a tanglefoot bag?

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
I thought it was some variation on a smoke bomb, the only other possibility I could see would be some form of poison, but I don't think any of the party members have ever used anything like that before.

If it is a smoke bomb that begs the question, so what? I'm interested in seeing what tactical advantage the party hopes to gain.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Could make it so that their casters can't aim properly, or that Sabine can't see the traps as well or something totally original.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

cafel posted:

If it is a smoke bomb that begs the question, so what? I'm interested in seeing what tactical advantage the party hopes to gain.

Blinding the Linear Guild in a heavily-trapped room seems to be a good way to start a fight. Will it work? Maybe, but I doubt it's all they got planned.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Why is Haley's face grey? Signifying she's hiding in shadows?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

sebmojo posted:

Why is Haley's face grey? Signifying she's hiding in shadows?
Yeah, Roy actually has the same filter applied to him as well, you just didn't notice because you're a horrible racist he's already dark-brown.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

NihilCredo posted:

Oh gods please don't tell me that the new spell to summon an update is to post Goblins pages :negative:

It's quite a charm that Rich's update schedule has caused us to develop a myriad of arcane practices in order to summon new strips, like a 2.0 Cargo Cult.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

NihilCredo posted:

Oh gods please don't tell me that the new spell to summon an update is to post Goblins pages :negative:

Well, if the universe does indeed strive for some kind of cosmic balance, then it makes sense that posting a lovely web-comic would compel the creation of a decent web-comic to balance out the shittiness.

Which in turn suggests that we could get even faster OotS updates by posting even shittier web-comics. The exchange rate for something like Moon Over June should be pretty good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Which in turn suggests that we could get even faster OotS updates by posting even shittier web-comics. The exchange rate for something like Moon Over June should be pretty good.
This is not an arms race we want to begin.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
The return of Erfworld to a regular schedule should mean good things, then.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

JosephWongKS posted:

Well, if the universe does indeed strive for some kind of cosmic balance, then it makes sense that posting a lovely web-comic would compel the creation of a decent web-comic to balance out the shittiness.

Rich Burlew is True Neutral?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Colon V posted:

This is not an arms race we want to begin.

Upon checking the last page again, it turned out that the new comic appeared only after Nenonen posted the excerpt from Sereg5's erotic OotS fanfic. Maybe that did the trick and not Goblins.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Upon checking the last page again, it turned out that the new comic appeared only after Nenonen posted the excerpt from Sereg5's erotic OotS fanfic. Maybe that did the trick and not Goblins.
I repeat. This is not an arms race we want to begin.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Even in magic there are some lines man was not meant to cross.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Colon V posted:

I repeat. This is not an arms race we want to begin.
It will only end in bans and probations.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 20, 2012

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Well, the "giving him enough rope to hang himself" plan is still in effect for our masked murdering puppeteer-emperor, but I wonder. Without him and his right-hand lizard man to manage things, who the hell is actually running the Empire of Blood at the moment?

I mean, sure, he has the foresight to give out really great instruction manuals for the guards but there's still an insane fat dragon that technically has the authority to tell people what to do. How much damage do you think she could do in a few weeks unsupervised?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Not much assuming that Tarquin left the palace's pantry unlocked before leaving.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I would imagine this isn't the first time he's had to leave for a while, I'm sure he has it sorted.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

My guess is that he put in a quick word to one of the other teams running the Empires of Tears and Sweat, and that one of the "advisers" to those lands just went on sabbatical and, hey, what do you know, someone very similar just showed up to manage the Empress of Blood...

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Got my kick starter package today!

All the color books plus sketch pads plus coloring books. Whoo

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

jng2058 posted:

My guess is that he put in a quick word to one of the other teams running the Empires of Tears and Sweat, and that one of the "advisers" to those lands just went on sabbatical and, hey, what do you know, someone very similar just showed up to manage the Empress of Blood...

That is actually pretty reasonable, I'll buy that as the real thing he's done unless Rich himself contradicts it. (Which he might, he's pretty good at pulling the rug out from under people from time to time).

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams
New Strip! :siren:Smoked:siren:

Looks like whoever called the smokestick was right.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
Well that certainly answers the question about Tarquin's level

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Is Holy a D&D thing or is Rich taking influences from Final Fantasy here? Cause in one of those cases I roughly know how real poo poo just got.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

Is Holy a D&D thing or is Rich taking influences from Final Fantasy here? Cause in one of those cases I roughly know how real poo poo just got.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/holyWord.htm

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

My Lovely Horse posted:

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/holyWord.html#_holy-word

Things just got drat real.

E;fb

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

Holy Word. Only works on non-good character, 40 ft radius spread centered on you.

quote:

Any nongood creature within the area that hears the holy word suffers the following ill effects.
HD Effect
Equal to caster level Deafened
Up to caster level –1 Blinded, deafened
Up to caster level –5 Paralyzed, blinded, deafened
Up to caster level –10 Killed, paralyzed, blinded, deafened
edit: beaten like so many dead horses before.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The Linear Guild are probably roughly the same level as Durkon, right? So this'll deafen and maybe blind some of them.

"Furthermore, if you are on your home plane when you cast this spell, nongood extraplanar creatures within the area are instantly banished back to their home planes. Creatures so banished cannot return for at least 24 hours. This effect takes place regardless of whether the creatures hear the holy word or not. The banishment effect allows a Will save (at a –4 penalty) to negate."

So... Sabine and the imp are lost? Or would the imp be protected by the wall?

RickoniX posted:

Well that certainly answers the question about Tarquin's level

How so?

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 26, 2012

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

e: beaten on Holy Word.

I wonder if Sabine made her Will save? She's not shown disappearing. Also, I wonder if Belkar's far enough away to avoid bleeding ears.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

It WILL answer, at least in relation to Durkon's level. He seems to be affected, so he is at most equal.

Also, Sabine gets banished unless Rich feels like will saving that away. :byewhore:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Shugojin posted:

It WILL answer, at least in relation to Durkon's level. He seems to be affected, so he is at most equal.

Which doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? Given that he implied that he outstrips Elan in levels by a huge amount.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Shugojin posted:

Also, Sabine gets banished unless Rich feels like will saving that away. :byewhore:

Well he's got the same effect as the others so presumably he is affected (also Qarr just happens to not be in the room, so Sabine is reasonably likely to get banished.)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Which doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? Given that he implied that he outstrips Elan in levels by a huge amount.

That is weird, maybe Durkon has some fancy crap that improves his CL a bunch?

e: Although that's very very overpowered, so maybe Rich is just houseruling some crap about Holy Word.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Shugojin posted:

That is weird, maybe Durkon has some fancy crap that improves his CL a bunch?

Maybe Holy is just really loud and he's putting his hands to his ears. He's the only one not getting flung by the effect, after all. We'll wait to next strip, I guess.

Also, I just noticed Nale is now swordless, too.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 26, 2012

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

MikeJF posted:

Maybe Holy is just really loud and he's putting his hands to his ears. He's the only one not getting flung by the effect, after all. We'll wait to next strip, I guess.

Also, I just noticed Nale is now swordless, too.

He is getting flung - he has the same afterimages that the others do. They're hard to make out though.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Brannock posted:

He is getting flung - he has the same afterimages that the others do. They're hard to make out though.

Look closer - his posture doesn't change at all in the afterimages. He's not flying away like the rest.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

MikeJF posted:

Where was that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

NihilCredo posted:

Where was that?

drat, I could have sworn that Tarquin said something about Elan having to go level for a while before he could be on par with Tarquin, but I guess not.