Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
:catstare:

Skipping over just how loving awful that looks, don't most places have a legal limit on the amount of driving lights you can have uncovered/on at one time? In VA I'm pretty sure you can't have more than 4, and I doubt 10 is legal anywhere.

Why do Volvo's always seem to have such low prices? I'm looking for 850 Turbo's right now and they're all cheap as dirt, usually not even in bad shape. Then this popped up. clicky for full size.

VVV What a weird coincidence VVV

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

I spend too much time thinking about the Montreal Canadiens.

kimbo305 posted:

If you're selling a car that comes with a spare parts car, you probably don't want to have that one as your first picture:

Or if you haven't bought a digital camera since the 90s just skip the pictures.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

The Roadwarrior posted:

Or if you haven't bought a digital camera since the 90s just skip the pictures.

Whoa, I didn't know a Volvo wagon was in the original need for speed :downs:

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

Sockington posted:

Whoa, I didn't know a Volvo wagon was in the original need for speed :downs:

Upgrade Wheels $2000

Probably a neat car though, 5-speed awd turbo wagon.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Where at? I've yet to see a turbo 850 that was also a 5 speed (the T-5R notwithstanding), let alone one that's also AWD. Combinations of the two, but never all three. Goddamn I would do unspeakable things to get this car.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I'll guess... Oregon?

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Laserface posted:

this seems like the best place to ask, but is double-lowballing a common thing?

I don't often have it happen in emails, but people will constantly try to pull that poo poo after they show up to look at it. Emails and offers 160 for an intake kit, then shows up 2 hours later and says "oh I only brought 140". You're not a loving alzhimer's patient, I'm sure you can remember what price you agreed on earlier in the day. Most people will "remember" they have enough for the asking price, but some will actually leave. It's somewhat satisfying if I know they drove a long distance.

assfucker420
May 14, 2012

by T. Mascis
Or just tell them to meet you somewhere and don't show up. Some jerkoff from Keswick offered me 175$ for a 500 dollar running/driving 93' Civic coupe (and I had to deliever it no less), I told him I'd meet him in Newmarket, and just never showed. Later he sent me an angry email,saying he how he wasted 2 hours waiting for me yadada, it was pretty satisfying.

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

Terrible Robot posted:

Where at? I've yet to see a turbo 850 that was also a 5 speed (the T-5R notwithstanding), let alone one that's also AWD. Combinations of the two, but never all three. Goddamn I would do unspeakable things to get this car.

sent you a pm.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

So what do you guys use to search CL now that crazedlist is down?

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

djdanno13 posted:

So what do you guys use to search CL now that crazedlist is down?

http://www.searchtempest.com/

For all of your mass online searching needs

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I...I just use Craigslist's search function? Never had a problem with it before, guess I'll check out this thi-:aaa:. Well, that's awesome.

This guy lives maybe 5 minutes from me, I went to school with his son. He's got a bunch of other kickin'-rad poo poo, like a hotrod Ford F1 and a couple muscle cars as well. This thing may look like a trailer-queen but I see him blasting up backroads from time to time.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jul 19, 2012

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

This silly little thing is for sale near me. Not much info, the registration says it's a "GS-Moon Streetbull".

According to what info I can find, it's got a 0.8L three-cylinder engine with either 20hp or 54hp, or possibly 110hp if it's turbocharged. Could be a fun toy, if it didn't cost more than a used Ford Fiesta.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Terrible Robot posted:

:catstare:

Skipping over just how loving awful that looks, don't most places have a legal limit on the amount of driving lights you can have uncovered/on at one time? In VA I'm pretty sure you can't have more than 4, and I doubt 10 is legal anywhere.

Why do Volvo's always seem to have such low prices? I'm looking for 850 Turbo's right now and they're all cheap as dirt, usually not even in bad shape. Then this popped up. clicky for full size.

VVV What a weird coincidence VVV

goddamnit i want this so bad.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
too good not to crosspost

HOLY KEYWORDS BATMAN!

I've seen this thing irl and yes it's as bad as it looks.

The keywords loving blow my mind.
what is a shrad? and "VTEC HATCH BUBBLE"? REAAAAALLY?
-"$JMONEY$ SON WTF IS GOOD *MASS TALENTS* BITCHES!J$"

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Raw_Beef posted:

Yes. People on CL are awful, and I hate selling stuff because of how awful they are. People will try to negotiate $5 off of a $30 item by multiple e-mails.

I've had people come all the way out to see a car (a nice car not asking for much) and offer only half the stated ad price, and leave with no sale.

People are awful.

People seriously don't even put year or mileage on cars where I live, craigslist is a collection of the loving stupidest people living in your area and it's not even useful because of it. Also don't try to buy a cell phone because they won't even tell you what carrier the phone is for.

"White honda civic for sale $3000"

"great conditiuon" :psyduck:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I like the ads the don't even tell you what car is for sale,

Must Sell!

I really need to sell this now.

I can't read your minds nutjobs. Why don't you look at what other crazy people have posted and get some ideas.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
ARRRRRGH

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1990-Volvo-740-Turbo-Wagon-W0QQAdIdZ397525709

If I had the money

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2005-Volvo-V70-R-Wagon-6spd-manual-All-Wheel-Drive-300HP-W0QQAdIdZ396411428

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

That 740 is INCREDIBLY rare. And the v70r seller is out of his mind.
But aren't both of those likely to be rusted to poo poo anyway?

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Tai-Pan posted:

That 740 is INCREDIBLY rare. And the v70r seller is out of his mind.
But aren't both of those likely to be rusted to poo poo anyway?

Besides my old wagon I've seen at least 4 others. There's always a chance of horrendous rust but my 87 isn't that bad considering.

I emailed him :ohdear:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

That is beautiful. Once I'm done restoring the Galaxies I've gotta get my '79 wagon back on the road. I miss driving a Volvo.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

All in all, you're just another brick in...my driveway.

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/3102003668.html

I've seen this exact car driving around too, and know which street that is (lower chance of CL related stabbing, although not zero since it's Troy). I probably won't go down there and buy it. Even though the wheels/body look deliciously rust free and the four headlight design is probably my favorite. And I definitely hate that cream color and red interior. Why would I ever need a second one?

What the hell Steve it doesn't even have ipod connectivity go haunt someone else

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 21, 2012

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

What the hell Steve it doesn't even have ipod connectivity go haunt someone else

Not yet. :science:

thecobra
Aug 9, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
This will not last at this price!

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-auto-parts-tires-audio-GPS-full-custom-interior-for-honda-civic-W0QQAdIdZ397213230

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

I wonder why the guy who bought the car wanted the stock interior instead of that piece of art. :confused:

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
I have found the GREATEST PROJECT CAR EVER. Guarantee it will make a poorly modified RX7 seem as reliable as a brand new Camry. Or a neglected 7 Series from the early 90's feel like a mid 90's Civic when it comes to maintenance.
Its an Italian built supercar from the 80's.
It has not 1 but 2 turbos.
It is Carb'd--so don't worry, it'll never run correctly.
It's prone to rust.
I think this one was the one with the botched 80's overly-complex German electronics, so there is that basket of fun.
It's $1,200.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/3092803731.html

I can't help but want it. My brother says no. I can't help but agree with him, but it doesn't change the fact that I still want it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Mr. DICK TURBO is highly interested in one of those Biturbos. I want you to think about becoming him for a few hours before you consider buying that car.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Mr. DICK TURBO is highly interested in one of those Biturbos. I want you to think about becoming him for a few hours before you consider buying that car.

It would probably be less reliable than the All Trac I have sitting in my driveway that is awaiting a new engine. I only put about 700 miles on it before it went.

It would look soo good on the back of a tow-truck.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
I believe Top Gear has some pretty choice words about the Maserati Biturbo.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
I fully acknowledge this would be a very poor decision. Thats why i posted it here! I want some other local goon to buy this, so I can live vicariously through them!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
I'm on board. We need to find a local goon with a spare LSx motor.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I keep on seeing an 80s Maserati driving around town, and I always think "yeah the new Maseratis show you have money, but driving around an 80s Maserati shows that you REALLY have money"

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Here's a guy I feel is a little optimistic about the value of his Mk IV GTI.
http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/3129701025.html

It's a bit long-winded, so I'll quote it, cutting out a few extraneous bits.

quote:

My car is a 2001 Volkswagen GTI VR6. It is Tornado Red, with the sought after Black leather interior, with every imaginable option, digital climate control, autodimming mirror, heated seats, power locks/mirrors/windows (one touch), power moonroof which works in every position, even the heated seats work, not that you will need them in the summertime...

It's just had a bunch of recent service, (about $3k worth)
Great running, daily driver, 24-26 mpg average, doesnt burn/leak anything no grinds/smokes/leaks/etc
FULLY serviced recently (with all OEM components done at 126,694 miles)
Jetta front end (Matching tornado red)

Bad:
Hail damage still exists on the roof and hatch, no paint missing just penny dents all over the roof/hatch
Minor wear on the drivers side seat bolster no rips or tears
Glovebox still closes/latches, but sliders are broken
Armrest still fully functional but does not latch
Jetta front has a dent in the pass. side fender and a bit of clear issues on the hood in one 6"x8" spot

Trades I WILL consider;
Fuel injected 1000cc/750cc/600cc motorcycles +at least $2k cash this includes;
CBR 900rr's/929/954/600rr/1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r/zx10r/636
Yamaha R6/R1
Suzuki GSXR 1000/750/600
E36 M3
E30 with an S50 swap
MKII VW's with at least $3k on top
MKIII Vw's with at least $3k on top
Bugeye WRX
Bobber style bike can be a jap bike, but has to come with cash
240sx with an SR20+cash unless it's immaculate and T3
Ae86+cash
FC RX7 with an LS1
CLEAN Datsun 240/260/280z
Z32 300zx TT
3000GT VR4
Galant VR4+cash
1g DSM AWD+ Cash
Audi 90/Coupe Quattro+ cash
Mustang Notchback 5 speed/5.0
Turbo'ed, stanced, fast etc...
Old Audi's 90/4000/coupe quattro/etc

Anything else just hit me up on here and i'll send you pics of my car from my phone.
REALLY wanting a bike and cash

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I had to look at that picture for a long time to figure out what was wrong until finally the Jetta front end twigged.

I feel like my life has been substantially devalued.

Monstertruck
Aug 13, 2011

rscott posted:

^^^ This isn't reddit.

Real gold?

Hmm in my home town of McPherson. Don't get eaten by the hillbillies.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/3161496750.html

This is a bad idea, right?

Right?

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
This is one of the best I've seen.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

not from what I can tell.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Those Novas seem reasonably priced for such a desirable year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!
you put what on a miata?

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3112182742.html

:stare: