Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

They are really sneaking up on me with these VOD releases, but there hasn't been a bad one outside of that bigfoot movie. Christ was that thing excruciating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I just hate that we'll have to wait like 8 months for the vod release of Manos Live. :(

Stupid Canada, not having any theaters for Fathom....:canada:

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
God, Future Force is an absolute black hole of a movie.

Best part was the power glove becoming sentient.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Probably Infected posted:

Was Carradine drunk or stoned when he made this?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I like how the movie implied that the reporter had sex, in the apartment where her sister was brutally murdered, perhaps with her sister's body still on the floor, with a flabby-armed beer-bellied balding guy at least 25 years her senior.

I mean, the actress seemed reluctant to even touch Carradine.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Was Carradine drunk or stoned when he made this?

Probably just oxygen-deprived.

Also, looking on Carradine's IMDB page, apparently this movie has a sequel! Hopefully it will be coming soon after Manos.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

So the nerdy paraplegic kid was played by DC Douglas, who you may know as Legion in the Mass Effect games and Albert Wesker in the later Resident Evils.

He wrote about his experience in this movie on his blog.

Armourking
Dec 16, 2004

Step off!
Step off!

That was a really good VOD.
The movie was bad, sure, but watchably bad.
And the riffs were great.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
Future Force feels like a movie where the script was made up on the spot; Carradine would wake up from last night's blackout and decide that killing the reporter's sister was the ticket to a romantic twist. You'd think she'd hate the C.O.P.S. (and him) more because they murdered her sister.

Now that I think on it, I don't remember anyone's name beyond Tucker; probably because they said it half a million times.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Sanguinary Novel posted:

Now that I think on it, I don't remember anyone's name beyond Tucker; probably because they said it half a million times.

Jason Adams...which I only know because it flashed across the FUTURISTIC bounty ticker at the end.

I bought two VODs recently because I hadn't gotten anything since Ice Cream Bunny. Future Force was good, Buffalo Rider was just ok. There was more goofy/inept poo poo to work with in Future Force (plus David Carradine), whereas Buffalo Rider was just a big borefest with some animal cruelty mixed-in. It felt like they had to strain for the comedy more.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Static Rook posted:

Jason Adams...which I only know because it flashed across the FUTURISTIC bounty ticker at the end.

I bought two VODs recently because I hadn't gotten anything since Ice Cream Bunny. Future Force was good, Buffalo Rider was just ok. There was more goofy/inept poo poo to work with in Future Force (plus David Carradine), whereas Buffalo Rider was just a big borefest with some animal cruelty mixed-in. It felt like they had to strain for the comedy more.

Buffalo Rider is the Monster-A-Go-Go of Rifftrax.

edit: By that I mean the movie is a loving slog, but when the Riffs get laughs, drat.

Especially Part-Time Narrator.

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 31, 2012

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I cracked up pretty much every time the guys imitated the folksy narrator over scenes of horrible animal suffering.

Buffalo Rider is a definite buy in my opinion.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Buffalo Rider is excellent.

I doubt anything can top Bloody Pit of Horror, though. I've now seen all of them (except Future Force), and Pit is just incredible.

It's the Pod People of Rifftrax.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Especially Part-Time Narrator.
HEE HEE NOW I'M THE FULL TIME NARRATOR!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Buffalo Rider is excellent.

I doubt anything can top Bloody Pit of Horror, though. I've now seen all of them (except Future Force), and Pit is just incredible.

It's the Pod People of Rifftrax.

The other day I marathoned Bloody Pit, Future Force, and Brainiac. Aside from no longer fearing death, I can't help but wonder how Benson from SVU feels about her dad prancing about like a perverted matchstick.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
All the narrator stuff in Buffalo Rider didn't do it for me the first time, but maybe after a few more views I'll like it. There were MSTs that I thought were boring for the longest time but then one day they just clicked with me. Ah, we'll see. Gonna pick up Bloody Pit soon, too, to tide me over until Manos.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Probably Infected posted:

There is a sequel that is predictably even worse. I really hope they do that too. I should get this since it's one of the few VODs I don't own otherwise, and my friend wrote a drat song about this wonderful film, I am obligated to see it again.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

The other day I marathoned Bloody Pit, Future Force, and Brainiac. Aside from no longer fearing death, I can't help but wonder how Benson from SVU feels about her dad prancing about like a perverted matchstick.

I remember Mike's FB post about "Pit" was something along the lines of "Good news: there's a topless Hargitay featured prominently throughout the film. Bad news: it's her dad." :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just bought my ticket to the Manos RiffTrax Live on Fandango, which I'm really excited about, but while I was there, I saw an option to buy tickets for a Birdemic RiffTrax Live in October.

:aaaaa:

Birdemic is such a horrible movie, and I've already seen the RiffTrax of it (which was awesome), but I'll definitely sit through it again to watch these guys tear it to shreds one more time.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Just bought my ticket to the Manos RiffTrax Live on Fandango, which I'm really excited about, but while I was there, I saw an option to buy tickets for a Birdemic RiffTrax Live in October.

:aaaaa:

Birdemic is such a horrible movie, and I've already seen the RiffTrax of it (which was awesome), but I'll definitely sit through it again to watch these guys tear it to shreds one more time.

Shiiiit. Here is a link:

http://www.fandango.com/rifftraxlive:birdemic_157390/movieoverview

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Wow. I was expecting only one movie this year like last year. And even then I was expecting something older and in the public domain. This looks like a real treat.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Bill Corbett favorited a tweet of mine last night... *swoon*

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

RagingBoner posted:

Bill Corbett favorited a tweet of mine last night... *swoon*

Did you tweet that Biker Brain Guy picture?

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

IUG posted:

Did you tweet that Biker Brain Guy picture?

No, I sent him a snarky Torgo riff.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
New VOD is available, Neutron the Atomic Superman vs The Death Robots

Hell, the title alone is worth :10bux:.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
God drat, they are cranking these out.

No wonder they don't have time to give me my Jack the Giant Killer bluray!

:argh:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

God drat, they are cranking these out.

No wonder they don't have time to give me my Jack the Giant Killer bluray!

:argh:

Yeah, those jerks :colbert:

(seriously hope they reconsider not giving it a bluray release :sigh:)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mister Kingdom posted:

New VOD is available, Neutron the Atomic Superman vs The Death Robots

Hell, the title alone is worth :10bux:.

I really hope this is "Samson and the Vampire Women" crazy. That was a great episode minus the departure of TV's Frank :smith:.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rirse posted:

I really hope this is "Samson and the Vampire Women" crazy.

It makes that film look like a tightly-plotted Alastair MacLean adventure story.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Rirse posted:

I really hope this is "Samson and the Vampire Women" crazy. That was a great episode minus the departure of TV's Frank :smith:.

This riff should give you an idea:

"The dubbing makes this movie less in English."

Also, Nick the dwarf.

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 8, 2012

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Jesus, not expecting a VOD so soon before Manos (which I have tickets for). Glad to see they're apparently making money on these things, since they're practically new episodes of MST3K.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Holy poo poo this guy needs to say Nick more.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Guess on Bill Colbert's twitter they are promising all jokes for the Manos riff are 100% different from the MST3K episode to differate the two takes on the same movie. That's good to hear.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Heck, I'd be happy with 50/50, but all new is good. It's gonna feel different regardless due to different writers and a decade of pop culture.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Liar Lyre posted:

Heck, I'd be happy with 50/50, but all new is good. It's gonna feel different regardless due to different writers and a decade of pop culture.

I doubt they would even think of reusing jokes since most of the people who wrote them aren't even part of Rifftrax.

And it's more like two decades of pop culture :(

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

You're right. I keep using 2000s to find the difference. 2010 really screwed with my head.

Anyways, tickets are sold out in Pittsburgh. Last time it was 2 days before, now a week. By next year, they'll be out in a few weeks.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Bought and watched Laser Mission on a whim. Man, that was great. I still can't stop giggling at "Top of the Borgnine to ya".

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Rirse posted:

Guess on Bill Colbert's twitter they are promising all jokes for the Manos riff are 100% different from the MST3K episode to differate the two takes on the same movie. That's good to hear.

Not surprised, there was a short, What About Juvenile Delinquency?, that was done by MST3K and rifftrax later and the jokes were different. Also, wasn't Cinematic Titanic's riffing of "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" different from the MST3K version?

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Still mad about the lack of feature film riffs :argh:

Looking forward to Manos, though.

tagelthebagel
Oct 23, 2008

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Still mad about the lack of feature film riffs :argh:

Looking forward to Manos, though.

Yeah what's the word on that? Have they just taken a different direction? Will they bring some more soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Liar Lyre posted:

Rifftrax also has an different feel to it in general, mostly due to everyone being themselves and not portraying characters forced to watch the movies.

• Locked thread