Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Maybe one of you fine gentlemen can name a movie for me.

It was a Vietnam War (I think) movie I saw a little bit of on tv many many years ago when I was a little kid. The only scene I remember took place in a busy street (in Saigon?) where I think some sort of terrorist attack or bombing takes place and the protagonist is handcuffed (by MPs?) and he grabs a M16 and (because hes handcuffed) fires it full auto at waist level at the terrorist/attackers(?)

thanks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
So I remember seeing part of a movie on late night TV years ago. This man is being chased through a school at night by another man who I think was his childhood bully or something. The chase then continued into some dark woods.

I know it's very little infromation but it's really bothering me.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nckdictator posted:

So I remember seeing part of a movie on late night TV years ago. This man is being chased through a school at night by another man who I think was his childhood bully or something. The chase then continued into some dark woods.

I know it's very little infromation but it's really bothering me.

Could it possibly be Big Bully with Rick Moranis? I seem to recall a scene in that movie that happened out in the woods and a waterfall.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Wow that is it! Thanks!

Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

Not too long ago I saw a trailer for a horror movie, and if I remember correctly it was a single, continuous POV shot from a car driving past some kids running in a field toward what seems to be a scarecrow. Then they start stabbing it, and you realize it's probably not a scarecrow and you're witnessing a murder. I'm pretty sure it's a British movie. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, if it's been released, and if it's any good?

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!
I'm trying to remember an 80's film about a young wimpy guy that gets some magic spell put on him that turns him into a muscular hunky guy. Most of the film took place on a beach.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Dan Hollis posted:

I'm trying to remember an 80's film about a young wimpy guy that gets some magic spell put on him that turns him into a muscular hunky guy. Most of the film took place on a beach.

Hunk.

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!

Yes!

Thank you Sir.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
I vaguely remember a movie about a woman who was doing reconstruction of a plane crash and there being a discussion about poking a hole in a napkin and tearing the napkin up, then trying to find the hole. It was probably mid-late 90's to early 2000s? Not sure if it was theatrical or TV-only, but I remember one of the people being on board was a little blond boy with a camo patterned shirt who was focused on for some reason.

e: One of the scenes was in a hangar with a reconstructed plane, like this shot of TWA 800:

Nuclear Pogostick fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jul 26, 2012

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug

Skeevy Mcgee posted:

Not too long ago I saw a trailer for a horror movie, and if I remember correctly it was a single, continuous POV shot from a car driving past some kids running in a field toward what seems to be a scarecrow. Then they start stabbing it, and you realize it's probably not a scarecrow and you're witnessing a murder. I'm pretty sure it's a British movie. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, if it's been released, and if it's any good?

Was it this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw6N4ynLI8Y

Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

That's it! Thank you!

LARRY JEW
Jan 7, 2010

Mopey Dick
About 7 years ago my cousin and I were watched this random video online that we aren't sure if it was a clip from a movie or just a short. Now that I think about it I'm leaning toward it was a short. My guess would be it's about 5-10 minutes long, maybe longer I'm not sure.

What I remember:

I think it was a mid 90's movie/short based on the way people were dressed.
This little stereotypical movie nerd gets onto a school bus, I remember him as having blonde hair and glasses but I could be completely wrong. As the bus full of kids is on the way to school it's overrun by people I think are dressed in all black and they have guns, taking the bus hostage. The nerdy kid pulls some type of chemical or something out of his backpack and burns a hole through the floor of the bus to escape.

If this sounds familiar to anyone in anyway let me know, I've been trying to remember it/find out what's its from for ages.

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
I'll preface this by saying this is probably really REALLY obscure and not well described, but the title of this movie has eluded me since childhood and I'd definitely like to know what it is.

The movie was a late 70s to 80s animated film/show for children that was set in fantasy/prehistoric times. As I remember it, The film had two protagonists, a boy and a girl. They looked like cavemen I think. I remember only maybe a couple of frames from the film. The animation quality was poor. I remember one scene where the girl character had a tube of wood or something and she would manipulate the tube as the wind would blow to make "music" or some sort of sound, and the boy would be all astounded. I also remember a scene where there was some sort of monster, like a lava monster or something, that maybe came out of a volcano and barfed up more lava.

I remember this film creeping me the gently caress out and having nightmares about my mom barfing up lava after seeing the film. I swear kids movies from the 80s were kind of dark and hosed up. (Secret of Nymh, Wizards, The Hobbit, etc etc)

I hope this film actually exists and isn't some 20 year long recollection of a bad dream.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Piearesquared posted:

I'll preface this by saying this is probably really REALLY obscure and not well described, but the title of this movie has eluded me since childhood and I'd definitely like to know what it is.

The movie was a late 70s to 80s animated film/show for children that was set in fantasy/prehistoric times. As I remember it, The film had two protagonists, a boy and a girl. They looked like cavemen I think. I remember only maybe a couple of frames from the film. The animation quality was poor. I remember one scene where the girl character had a tube of wood or something and she would manipulate the tube as the wind would blow to make "music" or some sort of sound, and the boy would be all astounded. I also remember a scene where there was some sort of monster, like a lava monster or something, that maybe came out of a volcano and barfed up more lava.

I remember this film creeping me the gently caress out and having nightmares about my mom barfing up lava after seeing the film. I swear kids movies from the 80s were kind of dark and hosed up. (Secret of Nymh, Wizards, The Hobbit, etc etc)

I hope this film actually exists and isn't some 20 year long recollection of a bad dream.
Could it be Dark Crystal? Pretty sure there's a music scene and a lava scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar4X-VK7p_I

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510

fenix down posted:

Could it be Dark Crystal? Pretty sure there's a music scene and a lava scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar4X-VK7p_I
Thanks but no. Im pretty familiar with the Dark Crystal and that's more a puppet movie while my movie was animated.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

I was watching Braveheart yesterday and thought of a couple of scenes from similar medieval combat movies and am having trouble matching the scene to the movie. My mind is getting old and poo poo just sort of blends together. I'm not positive, but I think the scenes are from either Gladiator, Timeline, The Messenger: The story of Joan of Arc, or one of the Lord of the Rings movies.

Scene 1: Two armies are about to face each other. One of them is behind the woodline and I think it may look like they have the advantage. The other army launches flaming balls of burning stuff from catapults into the woods and lights them up. There are several cuts showing the flaming balls hitting the troops and one (or more) where the fireballs hit a tree and spray fire all over the place.

Scene 2: Soldiers are trying to breach a fortress wall and the defensive units lower some sort of spinning weapon that completely demolishes a guy's head.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Scene 1 is the beginning of Gladiator

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

SkunkDuster posted:

I was watching Braveheart yesterday and thought of a couple of scenes from similar medieval combat movies and am having trouble matching the scene to the movie. My mind is getting old and poo poo just sort of blends together. I'm not positive, but I think the scenes are from either Gladiator, Timeline, The Messenger: The story of Joan of Arc, or one of the Lord of the Rings movies.

Scene 1: Two armies are about to face each other. One of them is behind the woodline and I think it may look like they have the advantage. The other army launches flaming balls of burning stuff from catapults into the woods and lights them up. There are several cuts showing the flaming balls hitting the troops and one (or more) where the fireballs hit a tree and spray fire all over the place.

Scene 2: Soldiers are trying to breach a fortress wall and the defensive units lower some sort of spinning weapon that completely demolishes a guy's head.

Scene 2 is The Messenger. And that's literally the only scene I remember from that movie, because I ran that part back several times, fascinated by it.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
When I was younger I remember watching half of an old black and white movie I never got to finish. It featured an old woman who was stuck in a wheelchair, she was transported up and down stairs in her house by a chair lift. I'm quite sure a murder was involved somewhere. Made in the 50's or 60's I think..

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 29, 2012

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I'm guessing What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

adamj1982 posted:

When I was younger I remember watching half of an old black and white movie I never got to finish. It featured an old woman who was stuck in a wheelchair, she was transported up and down stairs in her house by a chair lift. I'm quite sure a murder was involved somewhere. Made in the 50's or 60's I think..

Could be William Castle's great potboiler Homicidal.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

So I'm trying to remember an old kung fu movie for my sister, but I don't have enough to google with.

It was about a tai chi master attacking this school, and he was completely invincible. Details I can remember are that when he'd fight, he'd drag his feet on the ground, and after the fight it'd pan to show that he'd traced a bagua in the dirt. In addition, they discovered his weakness was when he laughed, so the final fight was making him laugh and then punching him.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? I think it had "immortal" or "invincible" the title, but it's not getting me anywhere.

Thanks, and sorry for a lovely description.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

bonestructure posted:

Could be William Castle's great potboiler Homicidal.

Nailed it, thanks so much!

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 29, 2012

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Xiahou Dun posted:

So I'm trying to remember an old kung fu movie for my sister, but I don't have enough to google with.

It was about a tai chi master attacking this school, and he was completely invincible. Details I can remember are that when he'd fight, he'd drag his feet on the ground, and after the fight it'd pan to show that he'd traced a bagua in the dirt. In addition, they discovered his weakness was when he laughed, so the final fight was making him laugh and then punching him.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? I think it had "immortal" or "invincible" the title, but it's not getting me anywhere.

Thanks, and sorry for a lovely description.

It's a stretch, but The Fearless Hyena features a school and that emotional fighting style

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079315/

Vanilla
Feb 24, 2002

Hay guys what's going on in th
Trying to find this trashy film I saw when I was younger so put it in the age range of 20-30 years. It's like a low budget terminator rip off with glowing eyes and all.

- Premise was that a boyfriend found out his girlfriend was acting strangely.
- Long and short is that a plane load of people (that his g/f was on) were turned into 'robots' on this flight.
- He then tries to uncover the truth while they hunt him.

I think it was trashy, low budget and I remember thinking it was a terminator rip off due to the glowing eyes!

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Vanilla posted:

Trying to find this trashy film I saw when I was younger so put it in the age range of 20-30 years. It's like a low budget terminator rip off with glowing eyes and all.

- Premise was that a boyfriend found out his girlfriend was acting strangely.
- Long and short is that a plane load of people (that his g/f was on) were turned into 'robots' on this flight.
- He then tries to uncover the truth while they hunt him.

I think it was trashy, low budget and I remember thinking it was a terminator rip off due to the glowing eyes!

Annihilator TV pilot? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090649/

Looks like it's also on YouTube in it's entirety: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW99iy6OY9U

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I remember seeing this film in the early 90s on TV, so I guess it could be an 80s or even 70s movie. I hope someone is able to recognize it, it's been bugging me for a while now.

All I can remember is that there is some kind of parasite or virus that has infected people, and most of the people in a town have it. Near the end of the movie the main character (who I think wore a leather jacket) goes to a meeting at the main square, chasing his girlfriend there, and on the way someone spots him and announces that "he doesn’t have it". The main character simply says to everyone that "he does have it" and they stop suspecting him.

Soon after that he arrives at the square, where there is some dude standing on a podium or a stand. This part I remember very well: The dude talks some crap about the next step of human evolution or something like that, and after that he literally sheds his skin so that you can see his muscles and bones, and he tells the people not to be afraid of him because soon everyone’ll look like him.

Vanilla
Feb 24, 2002

Hay guys what's going on in th

ynohtna posted:

Annihilator TV pilot? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090649/

Looks like it's also on YouTube in it's entirety: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW99iy6OY9U

Ha! yes this was it.

Thanks

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Antti posted:

I remember seeing this film in the early 90s on TV, so I guess it could be an 80s or even 70s movie. I hope someone is able to recognize it, it's been bugging me for a while now.

All I can remember is that there is some kind of parasite or virus that has infected people, and most of the people in a town have it. Near the end of the movie the main character (who I think wore a leather jacket) goes to a meeting at the main square, chasing his girlfriend there, and on the way someone spots him and announces that "he doesn’t have it". The main character simply says to everyone that "he does have it" and they stop suspecting him.

Soon after that he arrives at the square, where there is some dude standing on a podium or a stand. This part I remember very well: The dude talks some crap about the next step of human evolution or something like that, and after that he literally sheds his skin so that you can see his muscles and bones, and he tells the people not to be afraid of him because soon everyone’ll look like him.

Some of that sounds like the Tommyknockers. Did it have Jimmy Smits?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

wheatpuppy posted:

Some of that sounds like the Tommyknockers. Did it have Jimmy Smits?

I don't remember it having Jimmy Smits, but the synopsis on Wikipedia is close. I'll have to check it out for the guy shedding his skin because that's the part I remember vividly. Thanks anyway!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Antti posted:

I don't remember it having Jimmy Smits, but the synopsis on Wikipedia is close. I'll have to check it out for the guy shedding his skin because that's the part I remember vividly. Thanks anyway!

There's no skin shedding that I recall, but there some translucent people

Nashie 0
Mar 19, 2009
This one might be a bit difficult because it was a movie that played as part of a pop-up ad for a horror movie website (Can't remember the name of that either.) (Don't ask, I have no idea why I watched the whole thing.) Given the quality I'd say it was probably a student film or at the very least an extremely obscure B-movie.

It's a horror movie about 2 guys and 2 girls in college/university. The two girls get kicked out of their wiccan club so they decide to follow up on a rumour they hear about downloading a demon from the internet. They do so and slowly realise the demon has possessed one of their friends. Over the course of the movie the demon moves from person to person until they finally exorcise it. I seem to remember that one of the guys is running for class president but everything goes wrong because he's possessed too.

I actually remember quite a bit about the plot, just not the name. Plus googling anything along the lines of 'download demon movie' just turns up a bunch of file-sharing websites. Also, its a student film/B-movie that played on a pop-up ad so I don't hold out much hope but if anyone knows what I'm talking about it'd be you guys.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Nashie 0 posted:

This one might be a bit difficult because it was a movie that played as part of a pop-up ad for a horror movie website (Can't remember the name of that either.) (Don't ask, I have no idea why I watched the whole thing.) Given the quality I'd say it was probably a student film or at the very least an extremely obscure B-movie.

It's a horror movie about 2 guys and 2 girls in college/university. The two girls get kicked out of their wiccan club so they decide to follow up on a rumour they hear about downloading a demon from the internet. They do so and slowly realise the demon has possessed one of their friends. Over the course of the movie the demon moves from person to person until they finally exorcise it. I seem to remember that one of the guys is running for class president but everything goes wrong because he's possessed too.

I actually remember quite a bit about the plot, just not the name. Plus googling anything along the lines of 'download demon movie' just turns up a bunch of file-sharing websites. Also, its a student film/B-movie that played on a pop-up ad so I don't hold out much hope but if anyone knows what I'm talking about it'd be you guys.

So, You've Downloaded a Demon?

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

I vaguely remember a movie about a woman who was doing reconstruction of a plane crash and there being a discussion about poking a hole in a napkin and tearing the napkin up, then trying to find the hole. It was probably mid-late 90's to early 2000s? Not sure if it was theatrical or TV-only, but I remember one of the people being on board was a little blond boy with a camo patterned shirt who was focused on for some reason.

e: One of the scenes was in a hangar with a reconstructed plane, like this shot of TWA 800:

Was it possibly Millenium?

Nashie 0
Mar 19, 2009

drat, almost Googled the exact title. Thanks.

foodfight
Feb 10, 2009

The Forgotten?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

That almost sounds like a movie adaptation of Airframe, but as far as I'm aware, that was never made into a movie.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Just watched Last Year at Marienbad and it brought to mind vague memories of a somewhat similar themed movie I saw a few years ago. I think it's in English and color as opposed to Marienbad's french and black and white. It's about a man and a woman who happen to meet while walking around a city and I think start to pretend they are married or lovers or something, but as the movie goes on it's not clear if they are actually pretending or if it's real life, the things they say seem to have multiple layers of meaning.

Sorry for the poo poo description, anyone know what it is?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Certified Copy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

You want to know what I hate most about this thread? When someone posts something like this . . .

. . . and it jogs my memory just enough so I remember seeing what they're talking about, but not enough that I can actually remember what it's from.

It's so frustrating!