Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bible
May 8, 2010

Pinechild posted:

Apparently, the UFO crazies also believe that owls are related to alien abductions: if you have a memory of owls staring at you from outside your window, it means you actually got abducted and the aliens made you think it was just owls (because apparently they are good enough at altering memories to do that, but not to make you forget completely.)

All I know is, if I ever meet a UFO conspiracy guy, I'm totally telling them about the time there was an awesome barn owl outside my house when I was five.

What does it mean if the owls came into your room and shoved things up your rear end? Is that something I should be worried about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Rahonavis posted:

Fun Fact: Humans think weird things about animals that eat other animals. Yes, even though we eat meat too. We're kind of dumb like that.

I shall use this next time somebody whose knowledge of avian life extends the length of the KFC menu and no further tries to argue that feathered dinosaurs aren't scary. Jesus, HEADS SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO MOVE THAT WAY!?! :stonk:

Only problem of this image is that it is silent. Barn Owls like to frighten enemies away not just by suddenly appearing freakish but also making the sound you'd expect to hear right before you die.

Emphasis mine because... what? Has she explained how that works, even?

If she cared at all how it works, she wouldn't do it.

Most people just seem to live in this deluded haze where the universe doesn't have factual laws, and things simply work however it is you want them to work. If someone believes differently than you, then things simply work differently for them. We can't really know anything! :downs:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The username/content confluence here is staggering.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

This thread is loving amazing, and has finally given me a place to tell the very short and bizarre tale of Crazy Daisy (changed her name for reasons, but rest assured, her name does conveniently rhyme with a synonym for "batshit" :))

Chronologically, these are the tales... of Crazy Daisy.

Haymaker_Betty Has No Friends, BLAHLBLAHBLAH

I had one friend growing up, before I hit middle/high school, and she and I are still friends. But we didn't have a huge amount in common except for being kind of miserable at home, and now we have even less, but we still wuv each other..

Crazy Daisy, on the other hand, was an artist (like me!) and loved Sailor Moon (LIKE ME!). I don't really remember how we met, but I was 13 and she was like, OMG, the best thing ever!!!!!!

I was obsessed with her so abruptly my family got whiplash watching me run out the door to meet her. We watched all the animus together and she introduced me to Tenchi Muyo and Ranma 1/2 and all the anime I would later go on to write terrible, terrible fanfiction for.

We talked about boys and played Super Smash Brothers and ate too much candy. It was awesome. During all of this, there was A LOT of terrible stuff happening at home and I was really depressed, not sleeping, barely eating, and really, really, really lonely. I needed a friend who fostered my escapism, and my other friend was actually popular and didn't have as much time for me (I don't blame her for that--she was a kid and I was a kid).

So I hung out with Crazy Daisy and after about a month of friendship I learned 3 things:

1) Crazy Daisy was really loving smelly, skinny, demanding, bossy, and whiny.
2) Crazy Daisy's two little sisters were also really smelly and skinny, but not as whiny.
3) Her dad? About 74. Her mom? 3 loving 5.

I didn't pay much attention to any of these things though, because YAY A FRIEND WHO WANTED TO HANG OUT WITH ME ALL THE TIME YAY! But my mom hated Crazy Daisy for all those reasons (my mom was, and still is, very judgmental. But in this case, she was right.)

I also noticed that after Crazy Daisy would come over, stuff would be missing :) yay. Nothing big! Just a couple Pokemon cards here and there, little things. And miraculously, HAHA, they'd end up in Crazy Daisy's room:

Me: So, Daisy, that looks an awful lot like my signed Misty's Seahorse card. In that it is signed... and Misty's Seahorse... and in Japanese.
CD: Didn't I tell you that you left it here?
Me: I never brought it here?
CD: Oh Haymaker_Betty, you are always forgetting things at my house!

I hid the card when I got home :tinfoil:

But that was no big deal, right? Whatevs. Maybe I did leave the card at her house? Crazier things, amiright?

I am right. Crazier things happened.

Crazy Daisy Is a Goddamn Liar

Okay, so I grew up in a broken home. To be brief (because this story is about Crazy Daisy, and not Haymaker_Betty), I had a rough home life, and so I lied a lot growing up, convinced that if I obfuscated the truth then CPS wouldn't ever be able to take me away from my lovely mother and put me in another foster home :downs: So I was a compulsive liar growing up. I got past it eventually, but I used to tell people things like, "My sister is famous in *country* for *totally awesome feat*" and that my mom was, I dunno, a superhero or some poo poo.

Crazy Daisy was worse than me.

There are many, many, many lies that Crazy Daisy told me (including the whole "teehee you left it in my room!"). I will list a few, and tell stories about the more interesting ones:

1) Crazy Daisy's littlest sister had a 170IQ :confused: This kid was, like, 6? 7? And TRUE THINGS AHEAD loving... weird as poo poo. And oddly obsessed with talking about strippers. No joke, actual strippers. I was not around this child enough to get any "good" stories, sadly (we'll call her BabyEinstein).
2) Crazy Daisy was responsible for the designs and stats of no fewer than 30 Pokemon, including two of the evolutions for Eevee--Umbreon and Espeon--as well as Togepi and I think Mewtwo. If you know nothing about Pokemon (congratulations! You have a life!), just... I dunno, look up Eevee. She apparently sent in the drawings to THE POKEMON PEOPLE and they loved them SO MUCH she let them have them :) free of charge. So generous!
3) She had numerous drawings that were clearly stolen from other dA (yes, I was once a DeviantArt person) artists, and well-known and "respected" ones at that, and claimed they were hers. She could actually kind of draw, but not really? I wish I had some samples of her "work," or that I could recreate them for you :( Suffice it to say my own drawing skills atrophied some point in the early aughts, and I dunno about Daisy.
4) Crazy Daisy's other sister (we'll call her Pirate because she had an eyepatch at some point to correct her vision) was evil and also secretly wanted to be a prostitute. Pirate was 10. TRUE THINGS AHEAD In reality, Pirate was really nice and smart, and very giggly, but drat she needed to bathe.
5) Crazy Daisy suffered from DID (multiple personalities, as she called it) and possession.

These were things I witnessed Daisy talking about, or things directly told to me. They were all, obviously, lies. There are more, but I'll put them up when I remember them.

For now, I'll detail Crazy Daisy's Pokemon-designing genius, and her sad, sad DID.

Crazy Daisy: Pokemon Master

I am 14 and drawing pictures of Pokemon while sitting on Daisy's bed. I love drawing Pokemon, especially ones I've made up, and I'm showing Daisy my designs for a plant-evolution for Eevee (at this point dumbass Leafeon didn't exist; I feel old):

CD: That's cool--did I ever tell you about my Pokemon?
Me: No! Do you draw them too? (Up until this point, I've only seen her stolen "art" and all of it was loving furries from bara-chan and Aimee Major on dA--I did not know what furries were)
CD: Yeah! I even designed a few!
Me: What?

She busts out her sketchbook and shows me "drawings" of Pokemon that she supposedly desiged (all on tracing paper literally taped into the sketchbook, which is sad, because she could actually kind of draw and could have improved if she'd just stopped stealing!!!!)

Me: Oh, wow, that's really neat.
CD: Yeah! I didn't take credit for them, though. It was Nintendo that really brought them to life.
Me: Cool... :stare:

I knew she was lying. Aside from the fact that I was not dumb as a sack of rocks, I was, remember, a compulsive liar. I also lived with another more pathological liar (my sister), a bipolar parent (mom), and had a sociopath for a biodad. I know how to spot lies--I'm unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your worldview that I probably smugly don't agree with, am a fantastic liar, and Daisy was a crappy one. A really crappy one.

Her lies were weirdly elaborate. Not only had she designed some Pokemon, but she helped with the game :) You know that truck in the middle of the water near Cerulean or whatever that no one ever loving found? You have Daisy to thank for that. THANK HER.

Again, she doesn't want to take the credit away from the wonderful people at Nintendo :downs:

If I Lick Your Hand Will You Believe Me?

I slept over at Crazy Daisy's a couple times without anything remarkable happening. My mother hated having her over because Daisy was quiet at my house, and my mom is suspicious of quiet people (also people with piercings, tattoos, people who are fat, people who are Mexican, and people who are her children :)) so slumber parties were at Daisy's.

For time reference, I have been friends with Daisy for a few months, and it is Summer vacation between Freshman and Sophomore year of high school.

I cannot for the life of me remember who else was at this sleepover, but it was Daisy, someone else, and myself. It was fun at first, like all our sleepovers. But this one was different. This one was the one wherein Daisy would tell us her Terrible Secret Sadness. After we'd watched the movie Sybil. Because that is what you do when you are 14. You watching loving Sybil.

Me: So yeah my mom thinks I'm an Indigo Child. She bought crystals. It's weird.
NamelessOne: That is pretty weird.
CD: (All I can think is that she was thinking, "I MUST OUT-WEIRD YOU.") Oh really? My mom thinks I'm possessed! But it's just my multiple personalities!
NamelessOne: ...
Me: What?
CD: Yeah, I have multiple personalities. They usually take over when I'm asleep.
Me: What do they do?
CD: Say strange things and stuff. Sometimes, when I'm awake, they take over and say mean things :(
NamelessOne: Like what?
CD: Like call my mom a bitch and stuff. (Daisy, as I mentioned before, was a whiner. A whiner and a screamer. More on that another time, though.)
Me: So... you're not possessed?
CD: Oh! I am, but the possession is like... a part of me.
NamelessOne: That's weird and cool! :D (She was a little kooky, but not interesting kooky, just regular desperate teenager kooky)
Me: No way! Possession isn't real. :lol: You are silly, Daisy!
CD: It's true! You'll see! I bet it'll happen tonight!
NamelessOne: Whoa!

So we go to sleep. NamelessOne takes the floor, Daisy and I take Daisy's bed (I'm bi, and have known for a while. I told Daisy, and after that, BAM, no more floor, she wanted my potential-for-drama-rear end in the drat bed so she could GROPE ME and say it was an accident. Again! More on that later :)).

I fall asleep. I wake up maybe twenty minutes later because I talked in my sleep and woke myself up. NamelessOne and Daisy are giggling--I don't do that anymore, but did because insomnia had made my brain all weird I guess? I don't know. I laugh, and eventually fall back asleep. It's awesome. I never sleep, so I loved being able to actually do so.

I'm seriously, like, two inches from sleep when the loving licking starts.

I sleep on my back, usually, with one arm kind of flopped next to my face. Daisy is licking my hand and I literally do not know what to do. I am exhausted, confused, and Daisy is licking my hand and ew ew ew ew gross omg her breath augh it's on my hand.

I do the only thing I can think of.

I pretend I'm talking in my sleep.

In a situation in which I am totally at a loss for how to handle it without severe discomfort, I just lie:
Me: HEE THAT TICKLES.
CD: HEEHEE.
Me: HAHA I AM ASLEEP.
CD: HEEHEEHEE!
Me: OH I HAVE AWAKENED IT SEEMS OH MY HAND IS WET.
CD: (Miraculously awake!) Oh! You were talking in your sleep. Maybe you were talking to my demon possession! He loves to lick things!
Me: :stare: I WILL SLEEP IN THE CLOSET NOW SO I DO NOT DISTURB YOU WITH MY SLEEP TALKING YES OKAY GOOD NIGHT.

Yep. Slept in the closet. It smelled like plastic figurines and, oddly, menstrual pads :)

EDIT: Some of the emoticons don't show up for me. I typed them in correctly, so I dunno what's up. Maybe it is not the same for others.

DOUBLE EDIT: Fixed so it's not such a nightmare to read.

don longjohns fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 25, 2012

Red Mike
Jul 11, 2011
:stare:

..My demon possession is a licker? :psyduck:

Regarding emoticons, you used too many emoticons in a single post. Past a certain limit they don't show up. Either split up longer posts or save the emoticons somewhere and use img tags.

This whole thread is making me weep while being thankful I didn't have these kinds of people around me growing up. Then again, I quite likely was one of those kinds of people.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Red Mike posted:

:stare:

..My demon possession is a licker? :psyduck:

Regarding emoticons, you used too many emoticons in a single post. Past a certain limit they don't show up. Either split up longer posts or save the emoticons somewhere and use img tags.

This whole thread is making me weep while being thankful I didn't have these kinds of people around me growing up. Then again, I quite likely was one of those kinds of people.

Oooooh thanks.

And I... I don't know. I didn't ask her about things like that because I was really, really afraid of what she would say. Now, in retrospect, I wish that I had.

I'll be posting more stories about Crazy Daisy in the next few days.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Haymaker_Betty and HyacinthGirl, please don't abandon this thread. :ohdear: I was so stoked to read promises of two new ongoing sagas. This is a great thread when it's actually moving.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Corridor posted:

Haymaker_Betty and HyacinthGirl, please don't abandon this thread. :ohdear: I was so stoked to read promises of two new ongoing sagas. This is a great thread when it's actually moving.

drat, just on time, then. Sorry! I had a friend visiting from China this weekend and let my duties to Crazy Daisy's story fall to the wayside.

We pick up right when/where we left off!

The Great Grope

I can't remember exactly when this happened, so I'm just going to shove it here, because I know it's after The Licking and before I started dating "Michael" (more on that later).

I spent the night at Daisy's house again, and the NamelessOne (whom I remembered! "Dana", and I feel like an rear end in a top hat for forgetting her :(), Dana, didn't come this time. I had put The Licking behind me because I figured, hey, maybe Daisy really was possessed (I was 14 going on 15; I really have no excuse other than willful ignorance.) We watch a bunch of Ranma1/2 and TenchiMuyo!, play video games like we usually do, and then draw until we get tired at, like, 3 or 4 in the morning. Again, Daisy knew I was bi, and insisted on my sleeping in the bed, and also snuggling.

It's not that I thought Daisy was ugly--she was actually fine-looking, she was just too skinny for my taste and smelled like BO, always, without fail--I just wasn't interested in her like that and I don't indulge in cuddling or canoodling with people whom I'm not interested in. DUH.

I mentioned before I had insomnia in high school--part of this was due to a laughably severe case of Restless Leg Syndrome that no amount of shoving bananas in my face could cure. I still suffer from it on occasion, and if anyone here suffers from chronic, as I call it, Twitchy Night Leg, then you know what's up. So my twitchy-rear end leg wakes me up when the sun is coming up, and I don't wanna wake up Daisy but oh.

Oh, oh, oh, Daisy has been busy.

Her hand, my boob, they have made contact.

And normally, I'd think, "Hey, people shift in their sleep. It's an accident. I'll just roll over and her hand will naturally move." But Daisy isn't normal, and nothing with her is an accident.

Her hand? UNDER. MY. SHIRT. The only thing keeping her grubby, BO- and SYRUP- (yes, SYRUP-)smelling hand from touching my bare breast is the fact that I've got a sport's bra on.

I remember, so clearly, being utterly flabbergasted. How... why... what... in a haze of exhaustion and minor PTSD-induced hysteria, I just... I laid there. This would become a pattern for the rest of my dealings with Daisy and people like her. Passive nonresistance.

The next morning we had pancakes, and her 74-year-old father wandered around in his tidy-whities like a giant, hairy Gollum, and screamed at his daughters, making their mother cry and hide in the back of the house :) it was a fun sleepover!

Into the Woods!

At this point, I'm headed into the latter half of Sophomore year and while Daisy and I are still friends, we don't hang out as much one-on-one because I would totally rather not be licked in my sleep or loving GROPED anymore.

One night, my best grade school friend (the OnlyFriendBeforeDaisy, "Jamie") throws a party. I think it was a birthday party. She invites me and a few other people, including Daisy and a totally crazy girl (Tanya) about whom I have two stories that I might share later if anyone wants.

drat, I knew a lotta crazies.

Anyway, we're running around a nearby park at about midnight, being (sober) hooligans. I'm walking through a eucalyptus copse, with Jamie, Tanya, Daisy, and Dana, and suddenly Daisy stops, staring at the ground. "Look here," Daisy points at the ground and we walk over.

On the ground is a circle of rocks. It's not a perfect circle, at all, but it's kind of a circle. I'm just staring at it, squinting, trying to see what Daisy's asking me to look at, when she drops to her knees with a noise like a dying cat.

"What's wrong?" Tanya asks, holding onto Daisy's shoulders. Tiny Daisy is shaking like a leaf, her head bowed forward...

... and growling. Like an animal. With anyone else, this would be creepy, but because it was Daisy is was creepy as gently caress.

"She's possessed!" Dana shouts.

"No, she isn't!" I've sort of had enough because this is Jamie's birthday, dammit, and Daisy is loving ruining it with her whacked-out bullshit.

Daisy says a bunch of dumb poo poo, "I've come for her soul," and crap from the Exorcist or whatever. And then she sort of moans and lurches forward, before falling over.

Everyone but me is panicking, because I'm the only one who knows Daisy is a loving whacko. But I feel awkward about accusing her, because everyone seems freaked out and... I dunno, it's just sorta a weird conversation for a 15 year old to conceptualize.

So I just helped her up and back to the house and spent the rest of the evening listening to people ask Daisy questions about her possession.

The Blair Witch was mentioned several times.

Daisy Somehow Steals My loving Boyfriend

This is the last CrazyDaisy story, because after this we weren't friends anymore for obvious reasons.

Michael, my boyfriend, was my second IRL boyfriend, all the others had been online-only. He was nice and stuff, and I really, really liked him, but we didn't have a huge amount in common.

He had even less in common with Daisy, but that didn't stop them from hanging out a lot when I wasn't around.

I'm not entirely sure what he saw in her, but after about 3 months of dating, Michael dumped me (or rather, I knew he didn't like me anymore after he didn't call me for a week, and told him to just dump me).

Later that day, I was pretending to eat lunch and trying not to cry like a little baby, when a girl who I had a crush on for a while came up. I figured, "Hey, she's gonna ask me out, sweet!" But she wasn't.

HotGirl: Hey, Haymaker.
Me: Hey, HotGirl :D
HotGirl: I have something to say to you.
Me: Yes? :D :D :D
HotGirl: Michael's cheating on you. I saw him kissing Daisy.
Me: :D What?

Yup. rear end in a top hat asked her out within 3 hours of breaking up with me.

AND DAISY SAID YES BECAUSE SHE WAS NOT ONLY CRAZY SHE WAS ALSO A DOUCHEBAG.

I was totally pissed. I had no idea what to do, how to feel. By the time school was over I wanted to throw up I was so angry.

Unfortunately, Daisy was my ride home that day.

Standing in the parking lot, waiting for Daisy's mom's van to pull up, all I could think about was all the poo poo I'd put up with from her. Stealing, weird smells, licking, groping, lying, lying, lying. gently caress HER.

The van pulled up, and of course, Michael and Daisy were already inside--I guess Daisy's mom must've picked them up somewhere on campus. The side door slid open and I just stared at them. I wish I could remember what I said to her. But I totally remember walking the seven miles home.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned
I'll write out a quick story before my laptop battery dies. I posted probably 900 posts ago and completely forgot to come back and deliver on the stories! Ah well.

Now, it's hard for me to truly separate some of the batshit crazy stuff from just the "weird". As I mentioned before, I was very involved in the vampire community, and honestly the site is so whacked that my admin login for Sanguinarius might even still work, if I can remember the URL.

Now I'll preface this by saying I have a really high threshold for crazy, because I hold SOME supernatural and metaphysical beliefs, and I'm pretty open-minded when people tell me things.

During my time in Sangi, I was also briefly a member of a group on meetup.com for local vampires to meet up and hang out or whatever. I only went to one meet up, and it wasn't even because I didn't enjoy the hosts. One of the hosts actually is also a host of the local area zombie walks and does some rad paintings).

While we were giving introductions and etc, (Hi, I'm Miss RKO, I have some psychic ability and think I might be a psyvamp :downs: ) this one older woman wouldn't stop starting poo poo. Everything someone said she'd have an opinion on it.

So we get to the socializing part of the evening, and we're all chilling, when all of a sudden I hear the man of the house yelling, "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE OR I'M CALLING THE POLICE."

I wasn't in the room at the time, but the explanation I was that the older woman, I'll call her Pam because she looks like a Pam that I know, was continuing to rile people up, and using their heated emotions to feed on, which was VERY not-OK, not to mention a violation of the house rules that were set up when everyone got there. (Any feeding was to be voluntary, and in a room away from everyone else.)

Now the reason it's not allowed is that it's unethical to steal someone else's energy without permission. It's also unethical to feed on negative emotions because it causes the psyche to freak out and triggers a fear response in the person being drained.

Some people in the group who knew the woman said she did that kind of thing often.

Not saying I believed it, but I did start violently vomiting spontaneously on my way home that night, and still don't know how since I wasn't car sick, nauseous from food, or anything else. :tinfoil:

Like I said, a short story, because my laptop is running on battery. I'll check my sanguinarius account and hopefully I remember to come back for more stories!

Edit: Sweet. I knew telling Sangi back in 09 I'd like to stay on helping the FAQ would come in handy. My login still works, AND I can still approve questions. I'll dig through the rejected ones. :)

moonsour fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jul 30, 2012

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Haymaker_Betty posted:

drat, just on time, then. Sorry! I had a friend visiting from China this weekend and let my duties to Crazy Daisy's story fall to the wayside.

Oh, I didn't mean you should forgo real life or anything. It's just sometimes not many people reply to a story, and people think they aren't being read so they don't post more stories.

Little Miss RKO posted:

Edit: Sweet. I knew telling Sangi back in 09 I'd like to stay on helping the FAQ would come in handy. My login still works, AND I can still approve questions. I'll dig through the rejected ones. :)

Yessss. I thrive on stories about this kind of insanity. Obviously I am also some kind of psychic vampire. Obviously.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

raaaan posted:

Liz accidentally hires her eventual replacement.
Frank needs to one-up everyone with...misery? And also expensive things.
Liz gets Wrath of the Lich King....uh, I mean, sick. Really sick. For a year.
Dave makes excuses to give Liz free money! Dave's wife does not approve.
Frank buys a house to one-up me (who did not buy a house?)
Frank loses his job, Liz is STILL sick. But they buy a dog and all new furniture anyways!
Joe loses his poo poo and quits because Dave is trying to rewrite our memories!
Liz actually comes into work (to steal t-shirts), despite her newly developed agoraphobia!
Frank loses three part time jobs; house.
Liz gets Cataclysm, and then FIRED. Finally. Dave's wife leaves him anyways.

I hope everything's going okay! :ohdear: I'm just one of many who don't reply much, but love reading these stories! Everybody, please keep them coming!

And Haymaker_Betty, just go ahead with the crazy Tanya girl stories. You're all doing us a great service here!

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

RKO do you still believe you have psychic abilities and believe that vampires exist?

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

:siren:P.S. STILL COMPLETELY DEVOID OF MERIT:siren:

Haymaker_Betty posted:

I have two stories that I might share later if anyone wants.

Why are people still saying "if anyone wants"? Of course we want. Don't ask permission, just post the crazy.

Sophiestication
Jun 23, 2012

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't."
This is definitely the best thread I've ever read! :) I sadly don't really have anything to add to it, besides that I really want to read more stories.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

We want all the crazy. All of it. In this thread.

Poison Cake
Feb 15, 2012
This is short and sweet. I was part of a Facebook discussion about health care. (I know, I know...)

One woman kept agreeing that increased government involvement in health care would lead to greater access for more people. Then she insisted she didn't want more government involvement in health care, even if it was a good idea. Since she was making no sense, people asked her for clarification.

Woman on Facebook: "Well I'm a Witch and and a Spiritualist, so I'm not afraid to die!"

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

RKO do you still believe you have psychic abilities and believe that vampires exist?

I believe in the existence of psychic abilities but I've never seen evidence of the benefits of psychic or sanguiarian vampirism, even though I've been around both. The only time I ever experienced anything was that one weird time puking I already mentioned. For all I know there may be some people whose lives are legitimately made better by it, but 99.99999% are most definitely snowflakes.

So, while I come up with another story that's actually interesting, here's some disturbing and never approved submissions to the FAQ. I wish I remembered more from when SA did a whole Weekend Web (I think) on SphynxCat, because I was a regular in IRC at the time and was also well aware of SA already. My advice to her probably consisted of, "they'll get bored eventually".

The FAQ hasn't actually been updated since 2009, but that doesn't stop people from submitting questions!

About Real Vampires:
I am a new vampire and was just now bit...how do I open my fangs and bat wings? This gets me angry I've been looking everywhere for the answer!

About Sanguinarius:
Do You know Bella and Edward? How about Buffy and Angel? I would like to become a slayer.

About Personal Life:
How do I cope with my parents' hatred for vampires? They're absolutely against blood drinking, and whenever the subject comes up, they freak. They say it's demonic, that the bible says "do not consume it". I get upset and angry and usually yell out my frustration at them. What should I do?

About Feeding:
i just told one of my friends about being a vamp. last night she was very helpful and openminded and agreed to be a doner but the idea of actually feeding off someone is repulsive to me can the person like collect it in a cup and give it to me and how fresh should blood be when you drink it

About or by Donors:
I have this almost uncontrollable desire to bleed for someone. Its not really a fetish as there doesn't seem to be much sex around it, although sometimes there is. But really I just can't get past the bleeding part. I have no desire to taste it or eat it....what is this? Why am I drawn to this and how do I find a female blood vamp that I can trust? I am female bodied and cannot trust men with this part of me that wants to bleed. It's complicated, but I was wondering if any other people feel this desire to bleed. I will cut myself if I can't find someone to do it for me. Sometimes if I have to wait too long I can flip it to me wanting to see someone bleed, but still no desire to taste or feed from it. Just see it, is all.

-------
Emphasis is mine, of course.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Guesticles posted:

Why are people still saying "if anyone wants"? Of course we want. Don't ask permission, just post the crazy.

Indeed! I should have clarified: Tanya wasn't anime crazy, just regular batshit insane (I attract these people. I'm a good listener :downs:), so I wasn't sure how appropriate she was for this thread. And I forgot the other story at some point between my last post and now can only remember one, which sucks.

But don't worry, it's the juicy one :)

That's No Toilet

Tanya lived down the street from me from the time I was nine until... sometime later. She disappeared, I guess. She was never really my "friend," but she would come over and hang out sometimes, eat our food. She was always really skinny, and in retrospect she was probably malnourished to an extent :(. I went over to her house only a few times, but there was hardly ever anything to eat. Her dad was also very ill--he had Type 2 or 1 bipolar, I'm not sure. He flew off the handle one time because Tanya brought me inside, briefly, so Tanya could get a glass of water. I just stood in the foyer, I didn't even come fully inside, and he acted as though she'd let me into the bathroom while he was taking a dump.

Anyway, I felt sorry for Tanya, so I hung out with her, but like I said we weren't friends. This was for two reasons:

1) Tanya's dad scared the poo poo out of me
2) Tanya scared me a little, too

She must have had the same disorder as her father, because one minute she'd be happy and laughing as we walked home from middle school, and the next minute she'd turn into a raging loving loony. She was never angry at me, she was angry at everything else. A lot of yelling about other students, mostly.

Anyway, one day Tanya comes over and we're sitting in the kitchen while my mom is making something for lunch. We're just chatting and giggling and then Tanya gets this look on her face, like she's seen a ghost in my face. Or that she suddenly thinks my face is a ghost. Whatever.

Tanya: I... can I use your bathroom?
Me: Of course! You don't have to ask!
Tanya: Oh, okay.

She runs upstairs. I mean, sprints like she's being chased by a pile of sentient, flaming poo poo. We had a bathroom upstairs and downstairs in our home (it's, to date, the nicest place I've ever lived and my parents sold it :(), so I was really, really confused as to why she'd go to the upstairs one. But it seemed unimportant at the time.

Tanya comes back downstairs after what seems like quite a while and says that she has to go home. I walk her to the door and say goodbye, thinking, for probably the ten billionth time, that Tanya is loving weird and maybe I shouldn't hang out with her. But I was a pushover and a nice kid and didn't want to be stuck-up.

My mom and I go about our day,--I think my sister was at a friend's--me helping her clean, her knitting, me playing with the dog, etc, neither of us suspecting...

Probably about two hours after Tanya went home, my mom goes upstairs to use the bathroom, as I am currently cleaning the downstairs toilet. There's a few moments of pleasant quiet in the house. Our dog sighs in the living room. The fridge hums. I can hear my fish tank bubbling away. An ice cream truck goes by. My mom screams like someone's murdering her.

Me: Mom!? Mama!?

I'm shouting and running up the stairs, trying to get to her. Is she hurt? Did she see a really, really big spider? I can't imagine what, in the bathroom, would make her scream like that. The noise was seriously piercing.

Mom: Oh my god. Oh my god.

I walk into the bathroom and see my mom bent over, looking into the wastebasket.

Me: What? What is it?
Mom: Come look! Just... look at this!

She points. For a second I hesitate--what if there is a seriously humongous arachnid in there?

I take a deep breath and step a little closer, looking down. And there, slightly unwrapped from it's toilet paper cocoon, is a big old piece of poo poo.

Just... sitting there, like a giant rat at the bottom of the wastebin, looking up at me as if to say, "Tanya's loving crazy."

No. We never asked her about it.

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

:siren:P.S. STILL COMPLETELY DEVOID OF MERIT:siren:

I'd have been more concerned about where she put the canopic jars, honestly.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned
I just remembered a girl I hung out with very briefly... I do feel a little bad about her situation, because just from what I saw I'm sure she had a hard life. I used to sleep over at her house sometimes, and these are things that I witnessed while I was there:

-We pulled a loving carving knife out of the wall. No one in the house claimed to know how/when it got there. It was in the girls' bedroom.

-Her little brother repeatedly said he would have sex with me while I was sleeping. Everyone thought it was cute. (Thank god he never actually did)

-She used Vaseline as a hair product. Like in place of styling gel.

There was another time when we were out roller-blading and she'd borrowed some of my clothes for the day. She ended up peeing her pants somehow (we were 12), and obviously I never even tried asking for my pants back...

I'm willing to overlook the pants wetting, but those other three things I remember about her, well a family's income doesn't excuse those particular things.

After remembering her I looked her up on Facebook just now, and she appears to have 2 or 3 children, says she's going to "dilet" her page, her baby is "shick agun", and her life is "hall".

I'm also trying to wrap my head around how she could be the class of 2004, when we were in the same grade and I'm 2005. Our middle school wasn't explicitly divided by academic ability, but of A, B, and C, she was on C which definitely had the majority of the broken/dim bulbs.

lucythenomad
Mar 6, 2012

What the hell.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

lucythenomad posted:

What the hell.

I don't know. To this day, I have no idea why Tanya decided to poo poo in our trashcan.

But I do know this: that boglog was perfectly formed, and pretty dry, and so was its toilet paper wrapping. My mom said she smelled something a little strange, and that it was coming from the trashcan, and she had to unwrap it.

This presents only two scenarios: Tanya poo poo directly into the wastebasket, and then wrapped up the poop, or Tanya poo poo into her loving hand.

This is a point of debate in my family, and has been for years. Every once in a while, when I tell my mom I've made a new friend, she asks, "Is this one a trashcan shitter?"

I'm still desperately trying to remember the other story about Tanya, but maybe it was about someone else. A couple people in my life have sort of blended together because, like I said, I have known a lot of crazy people.

I have to go to work soon or I'd post another story, but I've decided to tell the very brief tale of AnimeLyle. There will also be tales of the CandyKids I was briefly friends with (and molested by! Free love!), and also a couple little shits that I've worked with in college.

You know what's super gross? Vomit.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Haymaker_Betty posted:

She runs upstairs. I mean, sprints like she's being chased by a pile of sentient, flaming poo poo.
Excerpt from Stephen King's latest novel, The Can.

Little Miss RKO posted:

-She used Vaseline as a hair product. Like in place of styling gel.
This is actually fairly common and not nearly as disturbing as the knife thing ( :stare: ) or the brother thing ( :catstare: ).

Little Miss RKO posted:

I'm also trying to wrap my head around how she could be the class of 2004, when we were in the same grade and I'm 2005.

Maybe she lists her dropped-out-and-had-a-baby year as her graduation year?

sloth mittens
Jan 15, 2012

You shouldn't have done that, my dear!
A little bit back someone asked me to post more about the guy I knew with the pregnancy fetish, so, I now present:

Woman are only attractive when pregnant

Thankfully, this is a short one.

Now, when I was a sophomore in high school I ended up being the "layout editor" of my school's literary magazine because no one else had an eye for design. Furthermore, there was only one upperclassman who was part of the lit mag. The year before there were a lot of seniors who wrote for the magazine, but when they graduated it pretty much left me and my friends. Now, we had one senior as part of the group, and she said she had started to talk to someone in one of her classes, and apparently he wrote poems! She suggested he come in and hang out one meeting and bring some of his work.

Things started out pretty normal. A lot of his poems where basically about how scared he was to graduate because he still hadn't sent in college applications and he didn't know what he wanted to do. He wasn't bad, though. He was a bit of neckbeard, but he was nice, and wrote well enough for a high schooler.

And then, a couple months after he joined the lit mag, he brought in some work of a "different" subject. Some of them were vague: images of extended stomachs and blushing cheeks. Okay. It was a lit mag. We were used to weird images.

Then came the third poem.

It was... vivid, and distinctly about pregnant women. Namely, about how he found pregnant women sexually attractive. There's no real words to how we reacted, but by the time he was done reading it, we basically all looked like this: :aaa:

The teacher then attempted to diffuse the situation the best she could:

:eng101: : I'm not sure this poem is appropriate to discuss in this meeting.
:pervert: : Why, because it's about pregnant woman?
:eng101: : No, because it is overtly sexual in nature. This is a school publication. I know we can occasionally push boundaries with our publication, but this isn't proper for a high school magazine. Parents read this. We have members who are barely fourteen.
:pervert: : Just because you don't want to admit you woman are only attractive when pregnant doesn't make it inappropriate.
:eng99: : Excuse me?

At this point the story the girl who invited the pervert to the meetings stepped in.

:j: : Are you implying that woman cannot be attractive unless pregnant?
:pervert: : Yes. It's scientific. When the cavemen used to get women pregnant they would leave them when they got fat and ugly. Then, woman evolved to look more attractive when pregnant. Their hair would get thicker, skin nicer, and breasts bigger. I am simply appreciating this fact.
:j: : Get. Out.

He didn't leave, but instead spent the rest of the two-hour meeting arguing :biotruths:. However, he never again showed up for a meeting, and ended up switching out of the class he had with the girl who had originally befriended him.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

RoeCocoa posted:

This is actually fairly common and not nearly as disturbing as the knife thing ( :stare: ) or the brother thing ( :catstare:)

Normally I would say, "Oh, okay" but to this day her hair looks like it's washed monthly. And I say this as someone who used to wash monthly. (I'm better now! Read my post in this thread about it!)

I feel like I dodged a bullet by going to private high school instead of following my classmates to public. Though high school is where I met "Rhonda".

Rhonda and i met sitting next to each other in freshman religion class though we were in the same homeroom as well. She drew, and liked digimon like I did so I latched on and we started hanging out. I didn't know at the time that Rhonda hated physical contact.

How did I find out? That May we went to our first anime convention with some other friends, one I knew from middle school and the others shared honors class with me. (Rhonda did not, and liked to remind me all the time about her LD). My honors friends and I wanted to play DDR and she did not, so she went off to find some panels or whatever. We're not sure what she did, because we didn't leave the game room until the con rave that night.

When her dad came to pick us all up, since we were sleeping at her house, she told her dad we went home with some boys and left without us. We called someone's dad and he took us back to Rhonda's house where we enjoyed waking her parents up to explain at midnight.

So the next day comes and she's "rightly" pissed off and leaves us. We ran into her in a hallway, and since I was a 14 year old girl at an anime convention, went for the hug. That was apparently a bad idea. Rhonda LATCHED ONTO MY ARM WITH HER TEETH the proceeded to throw me onto the ground.

Now I'm sure the two days are related, but she never once reacted to a hug with anything less than a hiss. We stayed "kinda" friends til high school ended.

Edit: That was a lot to type on a phone. Hopefully I remember to go back and grammar check later.

She's now rather popular in the local cosplay scene, and some days I wish I were a horrible enough person to tell her rabbits that her own father laughed at her hatred of touching and told her she'd die a virgin.

I liked her dad. Her mom was a one of those soft-spoken-but-creepy born again Christians. They actually attended the same church as my childhood bff.

moonsour fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 31, 2012

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
I wasn't going to post about this, but after thinking about it for a while I decided it probably is semi-appropriate. It's about the same friend that I posted about before, that thought she was a unicorn otherkin/therian and was somehow raped by her non-existent made-up werewolf vampire boyfriend as well as said made up boyfriend's also-made-up brother.

For a while we fell out of communication, because she was a complete drama queen and (according to what she told my husband) I had 'betrayed' her trust or something. I never really got a clear explanation from her, in the short time we were on speaking terms again.

I'M GOING TO GO HOME AND MAKE A POST ABOUT THIS
There was a pretty big convention in Atlanta that I went to for several years, and roomed with my best friend (who I'll call 'S', but she's a goon too but I dunno if she minds being identified) from Europe who would come visit for a week or two and then we'd go to the con before she left. That particular year, we had already arranged a fifth person (who I'll call GR) to be in the room with us because he was a good friend, and wanted a cheap place to sleep and didn't mind the floor. Anyway, about two weeks before the convention, the drama queen, who we'll call Ashley, sends me an IM asking if we might have room for herself and her fiance (whom I'll call Jon). Because I'm way too kind, I said, 'sure if you guys don't mind the floor, as all the beds are spoken for.' And so we made arrangements for them to stay with us as well. As well, I mentioned that I possibly had an air mattress but I wasn't certain of the condition or cleanliness of it, as it'd been in our shed for ages. When I went to dig it out, it had some dust and such on it but otherwise seemed ok, so I wiped it down with a wet rag and took it along. As well, they had later also asked if there would be room for their nasty manky cosplay fursuits, and if it was OK if they dried the heads sitting on the AC, to which was a very firm 'no'.

Round comes the time of the con, and we arrive pretty early but manage to get our room, and S and I go to set up our things at our dealer's table. Much later in the day, Ashley and Jon arrive. They come bursting in the room with bags and bags of poo poo, and throw it all by one of the beds in a huge heap. Whatever, I guess they just don't travel light? Anyway, then we're all sitting in the room relaxing for a bit, and they ask about how much their share of the room will be. Previously, this had been discussed over messenger (and, in an ironic twist of fate, they had been logged because Pidgin is awesome) and we just decided to split the room seven ways, so each person paid the same amount as the others. Well, as we're sitting there, they're both beepbooping on their iPhones, I can only assume doing the 'math'. Then they begin to question the amount they'll pay, even though they had literally JUST figured it up. Begrudgingly they hand over the money, and we go down to the front desk and pay it, since that was the last of the bill that was needed. Just shortly after S and I went out to dinner with some friends, and we arrive back in the room to see the beds shoved to the side and this HUGE pallet of blankets on top of the air mattress (fair enough, the floor sucks so I can see wanting padding) but also with a HUGE pile of plush animals. I'm not exaggerating, there were at least 15 plush animals piled on their makeshift bed. My best friend and I just sort of silently stare at each other knowingly. We turn in, because we have to be up pretty early to be in the dealer's room. They come in at about 2AM, loud as gently caress, slamming the bathroom door and talking loudly, and of course wake all of us up.

The next morning, we head down to the dealer's room, but GR was still asleep, as well as Ashley and Jon. A couple hours later, GR comes down to our table saying that Ashley and Jon had packed up all their things and left! He said that he was awake but when he heard them stirring and talking he pretended to still be asleep and eavesdropped on them talking, and that apparently they were saying to each other how I had lied about the price of the room and we were scheming to steal their money (there was more, but that's the most prominent part I remember). Of course, my friend and I were like.. the gently caress? This was all arranged far in advance, and the numbers never changed.

So I send Ashley a text, asking what exactly was going on, and she sent back some bizarre and cryptic statement about how I had BETRAYED her again and all I do is lie and steal from her. So I sent my husband a text and asked him to please try and sort out what was going on, since he tends to be a little better at dealing with idiots than I am. Finally he texts back saying that Ashely has gone full-blown insane and is spewing how we've stolen their money and made them sleep on an air mattress that smelled like cat pee and that we've simply betrayed her and we're all liars! Of course, S and I are completely flabbergasted, especially since we've seen them MAYBE a total of an hour the entire con.

A little later, I get another text from Ashley saying how we've stolen all their money and now they have $10 for the rest of the month, how we lied about the room, etc. And also that I apparently lied about the cost of parking (IM logs show that I told her I didn't know what the fee was, so she should plan accordingly).

S wasn't feeling well and had a migraine, and so went up to the room fr a bit. I went up to check on her a while later while having a friend babysit our table. A while later, we're both in the bathroom because she's very sick and I'm trying to help her as much as I can, when there's a BANG BANG BANG on the door. S's boyfriend answers it because we're both a little busy dealing with puke. Well, it's Jon, and he immediately starts screaming and raising hell.

Finally after a few minutes of listening to him rant at her boyfriend, S goes out to confront him. He begins demanding their money back and going on about how Ashley is SO devastated that she could be betrayed by someone that had been her friend for so long, etc. Of course, S tells him to get hosed, that the money has already been paid and that they chose to leave on their own, no one asked them to, and thus they've forefitted getting any money back. After another while of him ranting and raving, I finally can't stand it anymore and go out (I was still in the bathroom, just listening). I tell him to get gone or I'll be calling hotel security to have him removed - at this point he'd been causing a scene for about 15 minutes. Well, he starts to back away (I guess I'm scary when I'm mad) and finally after a few snippy exchanges between he and I, he throws up his hands and shouts nearly at the top of his lungs, "I'M GOING TO GO HOME AND MAKE A POST ABOUT THIS". I was so flabbergasted that all I could do was laugh in his face at that point, but S steps up and tells him that if he starts any drama at all about this they'll never see their money refunded, otherwise it'll have to be refunded after the con as we clearly couldn't cover the cost of their part at that present time. That seemed to satisfy him, so he left.

We thought it was over and done with, but we were wrong.

A little later, after S had recovered from her migraine, we were both back at our table when round comes one of Ashley's friends (also some kind of horse otherkin something). She very pointedly ignores me, and begins speaking to S. She says that Ashley has called her and said that a bag containing her hairbrush and a bottle of Febreeze has gone missing, and could she go check the room for it. In an attempt to stop the drama then and there, S tells her to come with her, that they can go search the room together. Nearly half an hour later, S is back and says that the friend saw clearly that the poo poo they forgot was not in our room. Not 10 minutes later, I get another text from Ashely, saying "HOW DARE YOU STEAL OUR FEBREEZE."

Their Febreeze. Somehow, we had stolen their Febreeze.

At that point, I blocked her number from my phone after a final message telling her to seek psychiatric help.

Weeks later, we found that they had in fact gone home and made ridiculously dramatic posts to their Livejournals/Twitter about how EVIL AND HORRIBLE we both are, so we never gave them a drat penny of their money back since S told them they wouldn't be seeing it if they went home and made internet dramas. The saddest part of all of it is that I actually lost a few other mutual friends solely on the fact that she went home and posted all of her bullshit, and of course since she posted about it first clearly she's the one telling the truth.

The other sort-of epic part of the poo poo they went home and made up was that 'GR', the other friend we had staying with us, was just awful and horrible and also a thief. He's one of the most upstanding and honest members of the particular fandom we're all into, and runs one of the biggest information sites about it, and has a reputation for being one of the most fair people in the community.

e: Christ that was way longer than I intended it to be. Sorry for the wall of text about con drama.

That Damn Satyr fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 31, 2012

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Just to add to this, since I am "S". :O

We met with those two about 4 days before the convention (my first time meeting them) and all of those costs and terms were discussed then too. "The room costs X per night" "this is who's staying" "we only have the floor you know, are you sure that's okay?" "there MIGHT be an airbed, it might not be okay but we'll need to see, don't count on it" "parking costs money, that's all we know right now". When we got to the hotel and there was this tremendous tantrum about the CONSTANT LIES and BREACH OF TRUST over the room costs, my boyfriend and I were gobsmacked. I had no idea people could just be that blatantly out and out crazy.

Also as I recall it the way the Febreeze theft went was that there were first Tweets about stuff being stolen from them from their hotel room. Then it was the friend who came by asking if anything had been left behind in the room so I just went awfuckit and dragged her upstairs to look through EVERYTHING in every conceivable corner of the place so that she could report back that no, there was no way. Then we found out that the dastardly theft had been a bag with Febreeze, a hairbrush and some toothpaste or deodrant or something equally precious. Despite her bud being shown all through everything, they maintained this idiotic "theft" story.

At first apparently me and my boyfriend were just being all taken in by Satyr's web of deception and lies (I've known her for about 7 years now) and plot to scam everyone out of extra money for the hotel room - which my boyfriend paid on his card, we handled the bloody finance! But eventually we had been part of the scam too. To this day I think they still whine about this online. Very very weird, flakey people, and actually one of my weirdest social encounters ever. :/

EDIT I remembered a second amusing part of this story that I figured to add in. When "Jon" showed up at the hotel door demanding his money back, we told him no. It quickly devolved into "We NEED that money because without it we can't eat or live and Ashley can't get to work! You don't know what you're DOING to us!". This was repeated over and over, and further posted on the internet and bitched about to their friends, that we hosed them over because they couldn't afford to live because we didn't give them back their cash (I told him he couldn't have it back because they were essentially leaving all the other people in the room short on budget, due to their own ill-preparedness, their own decision to leave for no good reason and refusal to discuss the issue: ergo repayments would be discussed AFTER the con).

Now these guys as mentioned above knew full well how much the room would be, we talked about it at dinner days before the convention, there was an IM log of it, that was no question. They drove all the way from Tennessee to Georgia to an expensive convention, in an expensive 4* downtown hotel in an expensive city. They had to eat and drive back home. How on earth were they meant to live after....yeah I just don't even. :bang:

moerketid fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 1, 2012

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
This thread looked like it was going to die out for a while there, but lately it's been story after story. Thanks for contributing everyone, keep 'em coming!

lucythenomad
Mar 6, 2012
Write more, you say?

The Nazi-Vampire
The Reincarnation Chronicles part one- " My only goal in life is to be reincarnated as Queen Victoria!“

The Reincarnation Chronicles part two: “I have the right to hate Germany because I am a reincarnated Holocaust victim!”
The Reincarnation Chronicles part three: "How DARE you question that I am the reincarnation of Nietzsche!"

The pub full of crazies

After graduating from secondary school, I went on to attend one of the largest urban universities in the country, in one of the biggest cities in the country. I started hanging out in this pub that catered towards the goth/metalhead/LARP/renaissance fair/RPG/ general nerd crowd. In this bar, I made some great friends, but in hindsight, it was a somewhat hugboxy environment that attracted insane people. Including:

-some fat, unwashed guy who claimed to be the direct descendant of the Austrian emperor, and another homeless-looking dude who was always claiming that his parents were millionaires. (but they were such weirdos that they eventually stopped coming, because nobody talked to them. A lot of other people in the pub were even crazier than them, but they didn't wear their crazy on their sleeve.)

-a group of otherkin and some chick who claimed to be an energy vampire. I've posted about them in the PYF Thing to mock on the Internet thread. If you are interested, you can read it here.

-some guy who randomly started coming to the pub and seemed normal at first. The owner hired him as an assistant bartender. Then he started to claim weird stuff, how he had finished 10th grade in three months because he had an IQ over 150 and how he had beaten up a fuckton of people who were taller than him. His arms were full of cigarette burns. He claimed those had come from his abusive father when he was a kid, but they looked a lot fresher, so I am not sure whether this is true or whether he did it himself. He also always found new excuses to sleep at people's places ("My flatmate is on holiday and he accidentally took his key with him!" "It's so late, there is no train going to the place where I live anymore!"). Nowadays, we suspect that he was actually homeless, especially since he always seemed to wear the same clothes. They weren't dirty or anything, but he never wore anything else. Eventually, no one would let him sleep at their place anymore, since he would always eat people's food and use their shampoo and stuff without asking. Then, money started missing. We suspected the guy and eventually, the owner caught him going into the pub during daytime, when it was closed, and stealing money from the register. The guy was fired and never seen in the pub again.

-an older woman in her late forties who seemed pretty harmless at first. I'll call her Andrea. The first time I noticed she might have some unusual... interests was at the pub's Halloween party. She came dressed as a baby in a very detailed costume, and when I hugged her to say hello, I noticed she was wearing a diaper.
:j: Hi, Andrea. That's a nice costume. Where did you get it?
:stare: The Internet. There are pages that specialize in it.
:j: Oh, those pages for people who enjoy dressing up as babies? (I had heard of adult babies, but I wasn't aware of the sexual aspects of it.)
:stare: Yes, exactly.
:j: Are you into that kind of stuff? (I had casually known her for a few years, so I figured it was okay to ask)
:stare: Uhm. Yeah. Kind of.
She was obviously uncomfortable about it, so I changed the subject.
When I had graduated, moved to another country and almost forgotten all about the incident, I heard from a friend that she had helped Andrea move. Apparently, Andrea's flat had been full of lovely diapers and she had also worn diapers to the bar and occasionally, the diapers had leaked a little onto the seats. :barf: Her new flat had a crib and everything and all of the furniture was adult baby stuff. I've come back to my university town a few times since then and I've occasionally run into Andrea. She doesn't know that I know, so I always feel really awkward around her.

But there were two crazies in the bar who were especially insane. Not in the I-have-Anime-Characters-In-My-Head-Way, but insane nonetheless. I will talk about them in the next posts.

Coming up:
The Girl Who Converted To Islam For Two Days
“I've traveled across the country and slept in phone boxes BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!”

lucythenomad fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 1, 2012

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've read the whole thread and what I just can't grasp is why any of you hung out with these people. Like you can write the story with obvious hindsight and understanding of how utterly pathetic and awful these people are,... but why did you stand them for even a moment? I mean thank you so much for the stories but I really hope you've all learned to stop associating with these types by now.

lucythenomad
Mar 6, 2012
Most nerds, even comparatively well-adjusted ones, tend to run into crazies from time to time because of the hugbox-y nature of nerd circles. I can only speak for myself, but I'd guess a lot of us were just lonely and glad someone wanted to hang out with us at all, and willing to overlook the crazy (or we were so socially stunted at the time that we didn't see how crazy they were).

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I suppose I could post an update to the girl I mentioned in my last post; she was asked to repeat the second half of this year's modules for her Creative Writing course (so six assignments of roughly 2000 words each) over the summer because instead of submitting her assignments, she submitted explicit yaoi fanfiction :allears:

Aside from university work troubles, the Hetalia printouts vanished not long after my first post about her but they were replaced with stacks of Sephiroth/Cloud fancomics that she actually bought from Japan. When she'd been alone in the dorm for a week since she came back early from the easter holidays, she'd apparently decided to cook herself some rice balls and left burnt/raw rice and shredded seaweed all over the counter, as well as an open can of tuna. She just let the mess sit there for a week, including the tuna :gonk:

Baronjutter posted:

I've read the whole thread and what I just can't grasp is why any of you hung out with these people. Like you can write the story with obvious hindsight and understanding of how utterly pathetic and awful these people are,... but why did you stand them for even a moment? I mean thank you so much for the stories but I really hope you've all learned to stop associating with these types by now.

I lived with her so I had no escape :smith:

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

Baronjutter posted:

For me, it was because my parents had been going through a very nasty divorce (father was abusive physically and verbally, and then fought my mother for custody even though I wanted nothing to do with him) Because of all that, I had been in and out of several schools and the few 'real' friends I had, I had lost due to the moving around a ton. So I turned to the internet (art communities, mostly - at that point Elfwood was /the/ place to be) and met the person I spoke about above. She was my 'best friend' for ages because she was the only person I felt I could communicate with on any sort of level. At that point, I was ~15 and she was 18 or 19, and she actually came to visit me several times (she was from the Knoxville, TN area, and myself just outside of Asheville, NC so it was only a 2 hour drive). This actually lead to her showing up on our front porch at 3AM banging to be let in because she had ran away from home (at age 22ish).

Then she went full-blown insane when she met her 'fiance'.

I have much saner friends now, thankfully, and she's nothing but a horrific memory from a different time of my life, that I try not to think about too much.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The worst I got was willingly going to an "anime club". Me and my friends were all pretty nerdy but one look at the people at the club and I knew something was very wrong. I was a nerd, they were nerds, but there was something clearly very off with everyone there. I had never seen people who dressed or spoke how they did and I had horrible feeling of dread, that if I looked into this social void long enough it would look back at me.

sloth mittens
Jan 15, 2012

You shouldn't have done that, my dear!

Baronjutter posted:

For me, it was because in high school I was in a club that went from "smart kids to talked about poetry" to "anime nerds who wrote fanfiction" after my sophomore year, but I was too involved to step out. Since I didn't talk much in high school (which was due to undiagnosed depression/anxiety, I would later find out), the literary magazine was one of the only places where I felt comfortable. So, dealt with it.

Granted, my stories aren't as bad as many others' here. When I almost got involved with another crazy none-too-long ago, I ended up blocking her on everything because I'm too old for this sort of poo poo.

RalAegidius
Nov 12, 2004

It's a crow. In a box.

lucythenomad posted:

:j: Oh, those pages for people who enjoy dressing up as babies? (I had heard of adult babies, but I wasn't aware of the sexual aspects of it.)
:stare: Yes, exactly.
:j: Are you into that kind of stuff? (I had casually known her for a few years, so I figured it was okay to ask)
:stare: Uhm. Yeah. Kind of.
She was obviously uncomfortable about it, so I changed the subject.

Anybody who goes out in public wearing a diaper and dressed as a giant baby has forfeited all rights to privacy concerning their freak fetish. :colbert:

lucythenomad
Mar 6, 2012

RalAegidius posted:

Anybody who goes out in public wearing a diaper and dressed as a giant baby has forfeited all rights to privacy concerning their freak fetish. :colbert:

Yeah, but she was always really nice to me. I think it has to do with the fact that she was trans and that, the first day that she had come into the bar, there had been this drunk rear end in a top hat who had begun to harass her ("You're a freak and not a real woman"), even though she had been sitting a few tables away, minding her own business. I had yelled at him to shut up and leave her alone, and I guess she remembered. She was always really friendly to me in a non-creepy way. Except for the one time that she told me "If you and I were in the same age group, I would totally hit on you." I didn't think much of it, mostly because both of us were really drunk at that moment, but in hindsight, knowing all that adult baby stuff, it creeps me out.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

It's also the geek social fallacies in effect, really.

Sophiestication
Jun 23, 2012

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't."

Baronjutter posted:

The worst I got was willingly going to an "anime club". Me and my friends were all pretty nerdy but one look at the people at the club and I knew something was very wrong. I was a nerd, they were nerds, but there was something clearly very off with everyone there. I had never seen people who dressed or spoke how they did and I had horrible feeling of dread, that if I looked into this social void long enough it would look back at me.

Same happened to me, but it was Avatar: The Last Airbender club. I was going through a few-week period where I didn't have anyone to hang out with, so I tried going to it one lunch. It was the most awkward, spergy thing ever. The best part? We were watching the episode where the drill penetrates the wall, so every few seconds it was gross innuendo time! I'm actually kind of glad in hindsight cause it made me realize I needed to get some friends from a (not to be rude) higher social group, and I did. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Baronjutter posted:

I can't quite understand some of the people in this thread that type out these long stories of the crazy people they've known who believed they were married to anime characters, molested by ancient demons, dressed like every day was costume contest, etc...and then follow it with something like "But I'm just a half-vampire and I know magic spells"

• Locked thread