Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Also is that line-up confirmed Doc? I've seen the list before as a, almost certainly true, rumour.. but hadn't seen any confirmation yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

This one has 8 minifigs! I always thought it was great that the other theee had 7 :wom:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Gravy Jones posted:

Also is that line-up confirmed Doc? I've seen the list before as a, almost certainly true, rumour.. but hadn't seen any confirmation yet.

I'n just repeating from the toysnbricks blog, so feel free to take with a pinch of salt. It does seem a tad early to announce this. Over 2 months before its actually taking place..

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Gravy Jones posted:

Lord of the Rings, Ghost and Friends ones are going to go drat fast. At least they're almost certainly weekend ones so looks like I'm getting up early and queueing and/or rioting.

p.s.

Is it weird that I love the chainsaw? I like how it's a few pieces instead of a single piece for the handle and then the blade.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Torael_7 posted:

I went "yeah okay whatever, another mech" until I noticed the minifig standing on the foot to give it scale.

And my god, those clean lines. That thing is beautiful.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Kazy posted:

Is it weird that I love the chainsaw? I like how it's a few pieces instead of a single piece for the handle and then the blade.

Looks the same as how they build the hand held repeating blaster in SW

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Yeah its one of the SNOT bricks with a stud on every side, a few orange cheese wedges, some kind of handle for the top, and then of course the sawblade itself.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Torael_7 posted:

Yeah its one of the SNOT bricks with a stud on every side, a few orange cheese wedges, some kind of handle for the top, and then of course the sawblade itself.

Think they're just orange 1x1 tiles.

Is that maersk blue on the buildings?

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

:siren: The Sun are doing free Lego again! :siren:

Running October 6-13, so you've got a while to wait yet. 8 days for 8 different LEGO baggies!

30211 Uruk-hai with Ballista
30201 Ghost Polybag (yes that one Ika just bought for people)
30008 Snowman
30151 Mining Dozer
30190 Ferrari 150 Italia
30009 Christmas Tree
30132 Captain Jack Sparrow
30100 Andrea at the Beach

If this list is true I will pay some good money for the snowman and Christmas tree.

vrunt
Jul 4, 2003

the great trollini
Hey dudes. Sensei Wu is one thousand years old, if you were wondering. I just learned this today.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Went to local target today to check on the lego Harry potter bus they have had on clearance to see if it went any lower. To my dismay the entire Lego aisle was gone and either stacked on pallets or in target distribution center return boxes. I saw them bring 2 huge loads of sealed boxes out from the back.

Any target lego goons, are you they are just resetting with newer models like city construction and star wars, will they be putting a lot on markdown or do they just ship them all back?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Lizard Combatant posted:

Think they're just orange 1x1 tiles.

Is that maersk blue on the buildings?

Pretty sure Lego can't use Maersk blue in anything but Maersk sets.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
Medium blue looks a lot like Maersk Blue

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogColors.asp Full list of colours new and old.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I hereby withdraw most of the bad things I've said about K'nex. Most of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xFZ_GMh63Y

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

Sockser posted:

drat, that's insane. I wouldn't even know where to begin figuring out the mechanics of that thing.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Veeb0rg posted:

drat, that's insane. I wouldn't even know where to begin figuring out the mechanics of that thing.

Well first you'd open up a real skeeball machine, and then you'd close it back up and do something better with your time.

(that's a joke; it's probably the coolest thing I've seen done with k'nex, which usually end up as either roller coasters or Ferris wheels.)

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maersk Blue sometimes shows up on Pick-a-Brick walls.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Sockser posted:

Doesn't score like a real skeeball machine, not interested.

:goonsay:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Finally!

Sending email/PMs to the first three on the list.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

DrChud posted:

Any target lego goons, are you they are just resetting with newer models like city construction and star wars, will they be putting a lot on markdown or do they just ship them all back?

Answered my own question, went back they did a full reset with all the newer and larger sets too. Before I go back and buy the zombies, sarlacc pit, and jabba's sets, do any of you fine Lego store employees know what specials they are doing for August? Like free mini set or shipping?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

DrChud posted:

Answered my own question, went back they did a full reset with all the newer and larger sets too. Before I go back and buy the zombies, sarlacc pit, and jabba's sets, do any of you fine Lego store employees know what specials they are doing for August? Like free mini set or shipping?

Looks like nothing too special.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51289111@N05/7616692792/in/photostream/ has scans of the August calendars.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Payment sent! Thanks again for doing this, Pyroclastic.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Anyone picked up the other SWTOR ship, the Republic Strike Fighter? I was looking for something to pick up with a gift card I got for my birthday and some VIP points and ended up picking it out off the Lego site. It looks really badass, now I just have to wait for it to come smartpost :sigh:

I got the T6 Shuttle today since it was on sale for only 40bux, and it was actually a fun little build and now the Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship has something to play with. Of course, I immediately threw Anakin in the jail cell of the Halo, heh.

The Minifigs that the T6 comes with that aren't Anakin and Obi-Wan are actually pretty cool as well. Also I like how the cockpit is held in place by technic and this is considered an "escape pod" :laugh:

I was worried about the rotating cockpit thing because I really hated the TIE Defender from a little while back and the B-Wing from much longer ago, but this build is like a whole large gear that sits in place until you physically move it, but does move without much resistance... so much better job than on the B-Wing, Verpine engineers.

Also, wife finally caved into Olympic temptation after watching hours of Olympics every day and picked up a set of the minifigs off ebay, shipping from UK though so who knows when they'll get here.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

What is up with people on Flickr having "don't allow downloads" on their LEGO creations? Do they really think that is stopping me from downloading their stuff? If they are so protective of their work, why release it on the Internet at all?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

djfooboo posted:

What is up with people on Flickr having "don't allow downloads" on their LEGO creations? Do they really think that is stopping me from downloading their stuff? If they are so protective of their work, why release it on the Internet at all?

I've found this to be pretty indicative of Flickr accounts period. No matter the media, theres a ton of amateur photographers who lock down their downloads.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

djfooboo posted:

They get their image copyright legal advice from Donna Barstow.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I asked one and apparently Flickr does not have per-picture allowance, it's per-account. Seems really dumb to me. They had a bunch of professional photography on their account they wanted to protect and the Lego stuff was just affected on the side.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Went to Target. New stuff was out. Stuff I don't even remember seeing from the preview photos. Stuff like

Amazing

and

Awesome

and

Pictured above: 450 pieces, $70. Four exciting minifigs! Qui-gon Jinn! Queen Amidala! Jar Jar Binks! And introducing the sweet new Padawan Obi-wan! All the figures you've never wanted all in one place! Also it's crazy loving expensive for no good reason!

e: that's the old Gungan sub, whoops

There it is.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The hell is up with that dress? :stare:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Oh poo poo, the zombies are out? Time to blow some money!

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
That sub looks like poo poo but god drat do i want that Zombie graveyard one.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

The sarlacc pit is pretty boss, I came for 2012 Boba and Lando Guard but stayed for the model. The flipping gangplank thingy is pretty cool, the only ding I would give it is for not having extensive railing, which given the size is a reasonable concession probably. Also more heavy blaster pistols never hurt anyone.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I know the image in the back says it's a preliminary image, but it's weird they had the Sarlacc made out of blue translucent pieces.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I know the image in the back says it's a preliminary image, but it's weird they had the Sarlacc made out of blue translucent pieces.

I imagine with such things they build it out of pieces that exist and then get it molded in the proper color. Assuming those windscreen-y things were only available in blue. Once the set gets approved, actually make the new color

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I picked up that Zombies set a couple of weeks ago, and aside from the minifigs, I'm not hugely impressed. It's so gimmicky and small.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That desert skiff looks almost exactly like the last one that they released.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think the only comparable modern one was part of the desert barge set

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

SlothfulCobra posted:

They're similar, but there's an extent to which they're going to look the same because they're based on the same thing. But I think there is a lot of difference in terms of the look, number of parts and construction. The new set had four time the number of pieces (although a chunk of that is the Sarlacc).

I'm actually partial to the older, simpler, blockier Star Wars sets as to me they feel more like Star Wars stuff made with Lego. While now Lego Star Wars is a major brand in it's own right and the sets are more detailed and accurate.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

I remember buying this one as a white elephant gift for a christmas party several years ago. The kid that ended up getting it wasn't too thrilled, so I offered to trade him the plastic vending-machine-style gun I got, and he gladly accepted. His loss!

I didn't realize how much Bionicle stuff I have until I tried to dig it all out:

Hopefully I can find a use for it someday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Gravy Jones posted:

I'm actually partial to the older, simpler, blockier Star Wars sets as to me they feel more like Star Wars stuff made with Lego. While now Lego Star Wars is a major brand in it's own right and the sets are more detailed and accurate.

I don't mind this so long as the detail and accuracy generally comes from good use of smaller parts, which is the case here.

InfinEight posted:

I didn't realize how much Bionicle stuff I have until I tried to dig it all out:

Hopefully I can find a use for it someday!

I've got an entire tub of it from my slowly but surely sorting efforts. gently caress the haters though.