Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I have this thing which I think is supposed to be related or a copy of the Minolta 7sII.

I don't shoot it much nor do I shoot my other compacts (ML, XA and Rollei 35) but I've been meaning to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Shot with Olympus Stylus Epic, portra 400

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Santa is strapped posted:

These are great :)

Anyone got any thoughts on the Agfa Silette LK?

Inherited this beast from my gran:

There was a roll in it and it seems to take some cool shots, must try it some time:

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jul 10, 2012

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Shaocaholica posted:

I have this thing which I think is supposed to be related or a copy of the Minolta 7sII.

I don't shoot it much nor do I shoot my other compacts (ML, XA and Rollei 35) but I've been meaning to.
I shot a roll of Kodachrome in one of those. I sold it because I'm just not a rangefinder person, but if I were I would have used it exclusively

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

GWBBQ posted:

I shot a roll of Kodachrome in one of those. I sold it because I'm just not a rangefinder person, but if I were I would have used it exclusively

I put a roll of TMX100 through that as well a few years back. Its probably my fav RF considering its size.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I'm leaving for vacation Saturday morning and want (need) to get either a Stylus Epic, XA, or T4 before then...

COME ON EBAY :f5:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Picked up a T5 for $60. That'll work! :snoop:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Have the chance to get the Pentax Zoom 70 for about €20, is it worth it?

\/\/\ Cool, thanks.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 1, 2012

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Have the chance to get the Pentax Zoom 70 for about €20, is it worth it?

No, there are only one or two zoom P+S that are worth anything at all and they have names like Rollei and Leica.

Meeper
Jan 1, 2007
Got my QL-17, sorted out my shutter problem (turns out I'm an idiot who doesn't understand that no battery + auto exposure mode = no shutter release), and excited to start taking photos. Two questions:

1) I have a set of new light seals on their way - what's the best thing to use to clean out the old remnants of seals and the gunk in the back? Anything I have to avoid in this process?

2) The strap is stiff as a board. As far as I can tell it's the original canvas strap - this is very cool, but is there a way to soften it easily?

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Meeper posted:

1) I have a set of new light seals on their way - what's the best thing to use to clean out the old remnants of seals and the gunk in the back? Anything I have to avoid in this process?

Try shooting a roll without replacing the seals. The camera may be fine the way it is.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

I just used 100% alcohol when i replaced the seals on my F3.

Beastruction
Feb 16, 2005
I used sensor cleaning solution which I think is just alcohol too.

tuddy
Aug 1, 2006
I'll scream it until your ears bleed; You'll always have a friend in me.

yashica t4, velvia 50

yashica t4, velvia 50

t4, portra 400

t4, color plus 200

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
The lens on this T5 is gnarly, even with Kodak Gold 100.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Fuji 200 + mju-ii

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!

Santa is strapped posted:

Those are some *great* shots!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Speaking of Stylus Epics, I think I just won the used camera game.

Taken with my laptop's webcam. Not only was it $5, there was a sale, so I ended up getting it for $3.50.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:aaa:

Was there any more? I'd pay you the shipping costs to Ireland if you could get another one.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

:aaa:

Was there any more? I'd pay you the shipping costs to Ireland if you could get another one.

That and the broken Vivitar Wide and Slim were the only two good cameras in there. Sorry!

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

atomicthumbs posted:

Speaking of Stylus Epics, I think I just won the used camera game.

Taken with my laptop's webcam. Not only was it $5, there was a sale, so I ended up getting it for $3.50.

:hf:

Great little camera.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Yashica T5: A Cool Camera™

Observers by iantuten, on Flickr

Sirkus
Jun 5, 2006
Does anyone have a Yashica T4 and want to trade for my Konica Auto S3?

Not using the rangefinder as much as I'd like to and I'm looking for something a little better than my XA2!

Also, I found a Leica AG C1 for 4$, not the best of the Leica's but for 4$? Why not!

widunder
May 2, 2002

With a little bit of tweaking in post, it made some pretty nice shots.

Sorry for the lovely scans, which leads me to my question (which I'll repeat in the film thread). I shot three rolls of Ultramax in three different cameras (that Nikon P&S, an Olympus 35RC and a Canon EOS 620), had them developed at the same place and just scanned everything at 600dpi with a 8800F. Why is it that all the pictures look kind of lovely and all come out with imperfections especially apparent in the shot below? Is it the scanning software (I use the standard Mpex software on OS X)? They rarely turn up if I pay for scans on CD.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

nemoulette posted:

Sorry for the lovely scans, which leads me to my question (which I'll repeat in the film thread). I shot three rolls of Ultramax in three different cameras (that Nikon P&S, an Olympus 35RC and a Canon EOS 620), had them developed at the same place and just scanned everything at 600dpi with a 8800F. Why is it that all the pictures look kind of lovely and all come out with imperfections especially apparent in the shot below? Is it the scanning software (I use the standard Mpex software on OS X)? They rarely turn up if I pay for scans on CD.

It's dust on your negatives or in your scanner.

widunder
May 2, 2002

MrBlandAverage posted:

It's dust on your negatives or in your scanner.
As the negatives are brand new I'm going to guess it's the scanner then. Do you need to pick it apart as the glass and light surfaces seem pretty clean?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Dust can show up on 35mm negatives even if they look perfectly clean. It's just the way it is with enlarging something that small.

It happens to all of us, and that is why I pray to the gods that created the Spot Healing Tool in Photoshop every night.

whereismyshoe
Oct 21, 2008

that's not gone well...
$6 at the thrift store today

:getin:

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Sooo, I dropped my Stylus Epic from the bed. I opened and closed it without a problem. I took a shot, no problem. I was near the end of the roll so I took 2 more random shots to get it to rewind and it didn't! It got stuck. So I tried and tried to get it to work and gave up and removed the film.

Now my problem is that when I dry run test the manual rewin button, the motor clicks and then a 0 [zero] shows up and the camera freezes in a way. If I open the back and close it, it resets back to E.

Any advice as to how to fix the rewinding or is the camera hosed?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

whereismyshoe posted:

$6 at the thrift store today

:getin:

But it's a zoom :confused:

If I had a nickel for every thrift store Epic Zoom or just regular Infinity Stylus I passed on then I'd probably have enough money to buy the one atomicthumbs bought :/

MediumWellDone
Oct 4, 2010

おいしいよね〜
ソースがね〜
濃厚だね〜
Some people cry over not having a full frame DSLR, others lament their lack of Leica. Recently I can't forget the Fuji Tiara II I accindently destroyed about a year ago. I love my FE, but tomorrow I'm getting back in the P&S game.

MediumWellDone fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 8, 2012

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

MediumWellDone posted:

Some people cry over not having a full frame DSLR, others lament their lack of Leica. Recently I can't forget the Fuji Tiara II I accindently destroyed about a year ago. I love my FE, but tomorrow I'm getting back in the P&S game.

Once upon a time I had a Olympus Stylus Epic. I sold it for a great price to fund some film and because it wasn't aperture priority. I miss that little camera :smith:

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty
Fun Shoe
Canon ML for $6. Might have battery terminal corrosion, lens is clean but the ISO adjustment was extremely stiff.

Yes/No

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Miso Beno posted:

Canon ML for $6. Might have battery terminal corrosion, lens is clean but the ISO adjustment was extremely stiff.

Yes/No

6 bucks man, yes to that poo poo. It'll look cool even if it doesn't work.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

6 bucks man, yes to that poo poo. It'll look cool even if it doesn't work.

well its $3 tomorrow sooooo Im not sure I can resist. f/1.9 man. f1/.9

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Miso Beno posted:

well its $3 tomorrow sooooo Im not sure I can resist. f/1.9 man. f1/.9

welcome to the wonderful world of flipping cameras, if you're in the greater bethlehem/allentown area don't buy an infinity stylus tomorrow, you're going to get ripped off

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

welcome to the wonderful world of flipping cameras, if you're in the greater bethlehem/allentown area don't buy an infinity stylus tomorrow, you're going to get ripped off

Has someone stolen your account or what?

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

My job used to be robbing people twice. (I used to work at a pawn shop and a gun store that dealt in used guns). I Just don't have a feel for the local 35mm film camera market yet.

e: got beaten on the camera :(

wheres my beer fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Sep 10, 2012

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Reichstag posted:

Has someone stolen your account or what?

I've realized my folly; I'm going to wait to sell this camera until I actually get to New York. If I get less than $50 within 2 hours of sitting at Blue Bell I'll be disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

i feel stupid for admitting to buying yet another Yashica T4 but this one is the T4 super and it's WEATHERPROOF! it does have this excellent little ground glass type thing on the top tho, makes shooting from the hip really good. The Nikon 35ti has been my go-to point and shoot for most of this year but I've missed a lot of shots with it because it's a bit slower to actually focus and shoot. The good thing about the Yashica T4 is that every single time you press the button, it actually takes a shot. The sharpness of that shot usually isn't so great, but if time is a factor, then I still think it's a respectable camera.

Thinking about selling my Nikon 35ti tho.

• Locked thread