Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

FitFortDanga posted:

Certified Copy

Holy hell that was fast. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
There was some movie on TV way back, and I got bored of it quick and changed the channel. But something I saw a moment ago reminded me of a scene from it. I probably saw it in the early-90s, but I would guess it was made at some point in the early-80s or late-70s judging by the look of the film. Anyway, in the movie, there was some concern about terrorists bombings in the Mideast (I think). Bomb belts were mentioned, and the scene I can recall is some Middle Eastern-looking woman in a crowd of people. She yells something and jumps off some structure or another and blows herself up. I remember it pretty vividly because I thought at the moment of how cheesy it looked in slow motion with her twisting in the air, and the fact that the bomb effects consisted of a bunch of sparks flying from the woman.

Also, not a movie, but a TV show that I think was on either Discovery or History, I think sometime in the early-2000s, though it might have even been in the late-90s. The idea behind the show was examining combat throughout history, and they way they did it was by taking a group of people and having them learn the techniques of whatever period the particular episode was about. Then, at the end of the episode, there'd be a big battle with everyone using what they learned to try and win. Most of the time they fought each other. I remember one episode was about Gladiators, with the people dressing up as the different types, like a murmillo and a hoplomachus. I think another episode was about fencing, and the end battle was an attempt to reenact a Renaissance-era duel between a skilled swordsman and an amateur (though I may be conflating that one with another show I saw at the same time). They also had a modern combat episode, were the team trained to act as a SWAT-type unit and at the end had to enter and clear a mocked up house. The show was hosted by a bald English guy.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The TV show is Deadliest Warrior

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
No, Deadliest Warrior is too new and I've never seen it, but I managed to track down what I was thinking of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conquest_%28TV_series%29

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
A friend of mine told me about a movie, but he can't remember the name of it. It's some (fairly recent?) B horror flick where people are getting attacked by a bear in a national park. But the important part is the twist at the end. The park ranger is the bear.

Please help me CD! My life's new goal is to see this film.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, here's a weirdish request that I don't really expect someone to recognize.

It was something I saw parts of in either the late 90's or early 2000's, not sure if it was broadcast on TV or my parents rented it. It was some kind of coming-of-age story about a nerdy/outsider sort of kid. I remember he had a friend who thought skeletons were kickin' rad, and there was a conversation that went sorta like

"No man, I'm telling you. Being a skeleton would be awesome. You couldn't get hurt or anything."
"Yeah, but you wouldn't have a dick. No muscle means no dick."
"I thought there was a bone in there. Isn't that why they call it a boner?"

Towards the climax of the film there was a fantasy sequence or such where the friend in question is actually represented as a skeleton, but in the real events he's getting killed by... I don't remember if it was an accident or a shooting or an animal mauling or something. I just remember the real events getting interspersed with the friend-as-skeleton.

Is this ringing any bells? Or did I just describe some weird-rear end dick skeleton movie that doesn't exist

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Jonny Angel posted:

Okay, here's a weirdish request that I don't really expect someone to recognize.

It was something I saw parts of in either the late 90's or early 2000's, not sure if it was broadcast on TV or my parents rented it. It was some kind of coming-of-age story about a nerdy/outsider sort of kid. I remember he had a friend who thought skeletons were kickin' rad, and there was a conversation that went sorta like

"No man, I'm telling you. Being a skeleton would be awesome. You couldn't get hurt or anything."
"Yeah, but you wouldn't have a dick. No muscle means no dick."
"I thought there was a bone in there. Isn't that why they call it a boner?"

Towards the climax of the film there was a fantasy sequence or such where the friend in question is actually represented as a skeleton, but in the real events he's getting killed by... I don't remember if it was an accident or a shooting or an animal mauling or something. I just remember the real events getting interspersed with the friend-as-skeleton.

Is this ringing any bells? Or did I just describe some weird-rear end dick skeleton movie that doesn't exist

I'm pretty sure this is The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys

Ashcan Pete
May 29, 2011

Luminous Obscurity posted:

A friend of mine told me about a movie, but he can't remember the name of it. It's some (fairly recent?) B horror flick where people are getting attacked by a bear in a national park. But the important part is the twist at the end. The park ranger is the bear.

Please help me CD! My life's new goal is to see this film.

Grizzly Park sounds like it fits the bill.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Anyone know where this is from?

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Spermando posted:

Anyone know where this is from?

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life (Part VII: Death)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I watched the new Total Recall(euugh) yesterday and there's a scene right at the end where the protagonist wakes up in an ambulance and shoots a bad guy in the chest, knocking them out of the ambulance. The bad guy falls, dead, the crowd looks at the dead body, surprised, but then continues their activity.

I'm sure that I've seen these scene before - with somebody getting shot, pushing them out of an ambulance, into a fairly crowded area - does anybody know what movie had done this before?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

There's a movie(or potentially a show or a video game? I remember two people(friends, maybe) are staring each other down or something with the one guy pointing a gun at the others head. The guy with the gun pointed at him sadly says "Do it..." and after a few seconds pause screams angrily "DO IT!!!" and the guy immediately pulls the trigger.

What is this from!? God I hope it's not that scene from 24.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

No Wave posted:

I watched the new Total Recall(euugh) yesterday and there's a scene right at the end where the protagonist wakes up in an ambulance and shoots a bad guy in the chest, knocking them out of the ambulance. The bad guy falls, dead, the crowd looks at the dead body, surprised, but then continues their activity.

I'm sure that I've seen these scene before - with somebody getting shot, pushing them out of an ambulance, into a fairly crowded area - does anybody know what movie had done this before?

The first Lethal Weapon has a similar ending, where they are pushing the bad guy into an ambulance, he grabs someone's gun, and Riggs and Murtaugh get him before Busey can shoot.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

That DICK! posted:

There's a movie(or potentially a show or a video game? I remember two people(friends, maybe) are staring each other down or something with the one guy pointing a gun at the others head. The guy with the gun pointed at him sadly says "Do it..." and after a few seconds pause screams angrily "DO IT!!!" and the guy immediately pulls the trigger.

That happened at the end of Platoon when Chris Taylor shoots Barnes, except it was in the chest.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

That DICK! posted:

This is also how Rorschach's death scene went down, only it was Dr. Manhattan's finger and not a gun in Watchmen (the graphic novel at least, I forget exactly how the movie was scripted).

VVVV De nada.

Glass Joe fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 7, 2012

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Glass Joe posted:

This ia also how Rorschach's death scene went down, only it was Dr. Manhattan's finger and not a gun in Watchmen (the graphic novel at least, I forget exactly how the movie was scripted).
That's it! Thanks man.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Long shot because I'm not certain if this is real or a combination of movies or a dream:

All I remember is the final shot in which a long rolling shot goes through a series of rooms showing plot points/reasons the character/s were the way they were. The door slams behind the camera as it enters each new room and there may or may not be a reversed scream type sound underscoring the entire shot.

The last scene was a red headed woman scolding and/or hitting a child and then the camera goes through the front door which slams like the rest and black screen, credits roll. Given that I'm prone to cheap horror/thriller type movies it is possibly from that genre. Any ideas?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

A movie I remember seeing as a kid:

The main character makes a deal with the devil to cure him/her of their cancer, on the condition they keep these pies (or other food type thing) that contained the cancer. Character's family ends up eating the pies. This is all I can remember :(

pud
Jul 9, 2001
Aside from the cancer that's the ending of Thinner.

pud fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 9, 2012

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Skyl3lazer posted:

A movie I remember seeing as a kid:

The main character makes a deal with the devil to cure him/her of their cancer, on the condition they keep these pies (or other food type thing) that contained the cancer. Character's family ends up eating the pies. This is all I can remember :(

Thinner (Spoiler'd because it's the end of the movie)

Edit: Beaten

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

headcas3 posted:

All I remember is the final shot in which a long rolling shot goes through a series of rooms showing plot points/reasons the character/s were the way they were. The door slams behind the camera as it enters each new room and there may or may not be a reversed scream type sound underscoring the entire shot.

The last scene was a red headed woman scolding and/or hitting a child and then the camera goes through the front door which slams like the rest and black screen, credits roll. Given that I'm prone to cheap horror/thriller type movies it is possibly from that genre. Any ideas?

It's been a while but I think I remember some of these aspects being in The Cell (2000). Probably not your film but it did remind me of it.

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
This was a Zombie movie I saw when I was younger. It was on TV and the quality led me to believe it was really low budget. It was from the late 60s or maybe 70s and was really bad. In color, and one scene I remember they capture a zombie, lie her on the table and she may talk or try to get them. I think they starve it.

At another point there is this monster/zombie that looks like black sludge or a guy in a garbage bag and the hero hits it with a bat.

Every time zombie movies come up this haunts me and I can't figure it out.

Hibernator
Aug 14, 2011

It's Return Of The Living Dead, and it's terrific.

These Loving Eyes
Jun 6, 2009
Since I couldn't find a thread for identifying TV series in the TV IV, I thought I'd post my request here. So, I remember seeing one episode of some scifi series somewhere between the 93s and 96s. The main cast was flying around in a space ship when they come across a distress signal of some sort which leads to them finding a seemingly abandoned vessel. When they dock the hull, it becomes clear that the ship is crawling with bright yellow Gigeresque aliens who let out deafening screams. Then the find one sole survivor, a small girl who has been crawling underneath the metal floor grills of the ship avoiding the aliens. The girl was either deaf since birth or she had lost her hearing because of the aliens. Then I guess they rescue her and continue their trekking in space.

And no, this is not Aliens even though the series rips off heavily from it (especially the girl who is practically Newt). Do you guys have any ideas what series this could be? I think it was made either in the late 80s or early 90s. I think the space ship crew was all human, so no friendly aliens there.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

These Loving Eyes posted:

Since I couldn't find a thread for identifying TV series in the TV IV, I thought I'd post my request here. So, I remember seeing one episode of some scifi series somewhere between the 93s and 96s. The main cast was flying around in a space ship when they come across a distress signal of some sort which leads to them finding a seemingly abandoned vessel. When they dock the hull, it becomes clear that the ship is crawling with bright yellow Gigeresque aliens who let out deafening screams. Then the find one sole survivor, a small girl who has been crawling underneath the metal floor grills of the ship avoiding the aliens. The girl was either deaf since birth or she had lost her hearing because of the aliens. Then I guess they rescue her and continue their trekking in space.

And no, this is not Aliens even though the series rips off heavily from it (especially the girl who is practically Newt). Do you guys have any ideas what series this could be? I think it was made either in the late 80s or early 90s. I think the space ship crew was all human, so no friendly aliens there.

This is the second episode of Space Rangers, about the Banshees. I found the series through this thread as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Rangers_%28TV_series%29

These Loving Eyes
Jun 6, 2009

BioTech posted:

This is the second episode of Space Rangers, about the Banshees. I found the series through this thread as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Rangers_%28TV_series%29

Mystery solved! Thanks!

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe

Hibernator posted:

It's Return Of The Living Dead, and it's terrific.

Woah thanks, considering I was wrong for most of the details but this is so right. I feel that Tarman was the only real clue.

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

A few years ago, whilst traveling home on London Underground, I saw a poster on the platform of a station I was passing through, advertising a movie . From the few moments I had to look at it before my train left, I remember the poster being for what clearly was an inspirational drama. There was the silhouette of a guy on a bike, and what I can only guess was a blurb taken from a review: 'Field of Dreams meets Rocky, on bikes!'.

I somehow didn't remember the name of the movie, but I've always been curious as to what it was; not because i think i'd enjoy it at all, but because I feel I need to watch a movie which had such a perplexingly dreadful marketing pitch on it's poster.

Any ideas?

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Bicycle Dreams?

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
Ok here's one that's bugged me for AGES.

It starts pretty normally in a small town, protagonist is a female teacher, or something...not sure her profession. But she's good with kids, I think.

Anyway her husband is a busy body hard working man and he goes off to do his job thing which is dangerous work, or something...or maybe not, don't remember.

So she's at home, and hears on the news or radio or something about a terrible train accident (I think it was a train) and it was supposedly carrying dangerous chemicals or something similarly dangerous.

So the town is locked down, but this isn't shown much I think, everyone thinks it's no big deal, until everyone starts dying.

We never see the husband again, and the female teacher lady befriends this downs syndrome type kid, and it's almost the two of them that's left.

And then they die, and the end.

I THINK this was a made for TV movie, but may be wrong. Probably a Lifetime Original.

I may have seen it anywhere from '98 to '00. Again, not entirely sure, but this was a long time ago.

Thanks movie detectives!

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

KiddieGrinder posted:

Ok here's one that's bugged me for AGES.

It starts pretty normally in a small town, protagonist is a female teacher, or something...not sure her profession. But she's good with kids, I think.

Anyway her husband is a busy body hard working man and he goes off to do his job thing which is dangerous work, or something...or maybe not, don't remember.

So she's at home, and hears on the news or radio or something about a terrible train accident (I think it was a train) and it was supposedly carrying dangerous chemicals or something similarly dangerous.

So the town is locked down, but this isn't shown much I think, everyone thinks it's no big deal, until everyone starts dying.

We never see the husband again, and the female teacher lady befriends this downs syndrome type kid, and it's almost the two of them that's left.

And then they die, and the end.

I THINK this was a made for TV movie, but may be wrong. Probably a Lifetime Original.

I may have seen it anywhere from '98 to '00. Again, not entirely sure, but this was a long time ago.

Thanks movie detectives!

Parts of this sound like the nuclear holocaust TV movie Testament.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

A man is cheating on his wife with a neighbor. When he returns from his affair, he finds his daughter dead in the swimming pool. Terrible, but somehow he finds a tunnel to an alternate reality, where his daughter is still alive. Only drawback: there's also an alternate reality-him. Who he obviously has to kill. As the movie goes on he starts to suspect his neighbors of also not being from this dimension.

i am a bee
Apr 17, 2006
bees, bees, bees, just lookin' for a good time
This may be a film or a TV series, I can't be sure. A man is speaking to a woman, who is most likely a prostitute. The woman has been secretly in love with him (I think) throughout the course of the film. He's telling her that he has figured everything out and will provide for her or something like that, and the woman looks initially happy, teary happy, but as his speech goes on she realises the full ramifications of what he's saying. She says how much she would want whatever he's offering, but she has changed over the course of the film and realises he never will/can. She slaps him and says

'but I'm not your whore.'

I suspect this is a really obvious one to identify. The important thing is that she has done an entire speech and finishes with that line.

Any ideas?

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

i am a bee posted:

This may be a film or a TV series, I can't be sure. A man is speaking to a woman, who is most likely a prostitute. The woman has been secretly in love with him (I think) throughout the course of the film. He's telling her that he has figured everything out and will provide for her or something like that, and the woman looks initially happy, teary happy, but as his speech goes on she realises the full ramifications of what he's saying. She says how much she would want whatever he's offering, but she has changed over the course of the film and realises he never will/can. She slaps him and says

'but I'm not your whore.'

I suspect this is a really obvious one to identify. The important thing is that she has done an entire speech and finishes with that line.

Any ideas?

Chasing Amy?

i am a bee
Apr 17, 2006
bees, bees, bees, just lookin' for a good time

MrGreenShirt posted:

Chasing Amy?

YES. Thank you, I knew it was obvious!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I'm trying to remember the name of an animated movie from the early to mid-eighties. Apologies for the vague description to follow, but I was a kid at the time and the details are blurry.

All I remember about this movie was that a monster (I think) was terrorizing this town and it killed people by turning them into something resembling gingerbread men. I'm pretty sure it was a kids' movie but it scared the poo poo out of me back then.

Edit: If it helps, I remember that it was a huge deal with the kids at my school. It was all anyone talked about for months. Half the kids' parents (mine included) forbade them to watch the movie because they felt (rightly) that a lot of it was inappropriate for grade school children. I ended up watching it at a friend's house and had nightmares for a month.

...! fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 15, 2012

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Unico in the Island of Magic?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Holy poo poo, I think that's it. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that's the exact scene I was remembering. I never would have guessed that title in a million years. Thanks!

EPCOT
Oct 24, 2010

Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow
I'm not sure what triggered this memory, or if was actually a movie or nightmare. I was little then.

I think I saw it on TV and it would've been late 80s or early 90s. For some reason I associate it with the Abyss, but I haven't seen that in a long time, so I can't confirm if it is actually that movie. The only thing I can remember is some sort of creature chasing people through a factory/lab (I could be mixing Abyss details). The peculiar thing was that the creature wasn't monstrous, but more like a bright light or fiery person. The creature if I remember correctly was removing people's skin or melting them.

Unfortunately, that is all the details I remember. Thanks for any help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

There were a couple deep-sea horror movies in the late 80s. Leviathan and Deepstar 6 come to mind but I dont remember the monster being any kind of a fiery person. Leviathan had weird skin conditions being part of the movie.