Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Dear E/N,
My vacation is nearing it's end, and I have started reading up on what has happened while I was not there - few items that needs my attention, but I am leaving my vacation mood behind, and dealing with people who have more issues than National Geographic.

That is not a reason not to be happy though, since the stress relief mechanisms are easily engaged (yelling at people until the problem, or they, dissapear), drinking wine with the wife, and childlike playing with aryan girls until they succumb to the giggles.

I will need to shave (or at least trim down) my beard tomorrow, since it has grown like it was fertilized with super potent racehorse sperm and dove poo poo.

Monday we will re-engage the world, and make it a better place for all humankind, eliminating CO2 and recapping the poles while stopping gender confusion in polar bears (through extensive counselling) all of this for the sake of fun and profit.

Vacation has been good to me!

Edit: A snipe?? Let me google horse sperm..... AW GODDAMN gently caress!

Edit2: Have a vacation picture from the Vosges instead

Happy Hat fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Aug 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
HH your posts are the best and I cannot be in a bad mood after reading them. :allears:

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
SerIously, HH. If I haven't told you this day yet: I love you, HappyHat.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hat, I have a new hat/avatar material for you. Courtesy of the newspaper comic thread.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Love you too, but there's no chance I change my hat!

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.
I still vote for tampon hat.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You need a fedora or you're no true goon, Hat :colbert:

And that is the gooniest fedora. The alpha fedora. At least until they make one out of bacon.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

I went to a funeral today for a family friend who died suddenly. They are all religious but whatever, I went to pay respect. Then the pastor, I poo poo you not, starts talking about how he went to Chick Fil A to support the owner over being anti-gay marriage. In the middle of a memorial speech. For a guy who just died. What the gently caress is wrong with people? What was worse was the cadence of laughter from the room of old, wealthy, white assholes as if to say in solidarity, "Yeah, gently caress those fags!"

I had my daughter with me and I'm glad that she didn't understand what he was alluding to. Regardless, I talked to her again about not judging people based on what they look like, who they love, etc. But it was just disgusting. Who the gently caress does that at a goddamn funeral? Had it not been one, I would have left. But then again, had it not been a funeral, I wouldn't have been in a church to begin with.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
gently caress chick-fil-a. I'm so glad they don't have those here.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Mr. Wiggles posted:

gently caress chick-fil-a. I'm so glad they don't have those here.

There's one here in Rancho, though.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's one about 5 minutes from my house. Along with a KFC, a White Castle/Church's, and soon there will be a Raising Cane's as well. All within a mile or so of each other on the same stretch of road.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
As a Christian I find it incredibly annoying that people spend their whole lives growing up learning about Jesus and somehow concluded that he wants us to pick on and harass those who are already picked on and harassed.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Steve Yun posted:

As a Christian I find it incredibly annoying that people spend their whole lives growing up learning about Jesus and somehow concluded that he wants us to pick on and harass those who are already picked on and harassed.
That funeral story is wrong on so many levels. I'm sure the deceased's family appreciated that subject being raised at the funeral. There's a good REM song about how the vulnerable are further victimised, and what a core tenet of Christianity is but is not observed, New Test Leper:

quote:

I can't say that I love Jesus
That would be a hollow claim
He did make some observations
And I'm quoting them today
"Judge not lest ye be judged"
What a beautiful refrain
The studio audience disagrees
Have his lambs all gone astray?

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I don't think you really understand Christianity until you have a job, stable job, are married, and pump out a kid.

then it's like all heavens descend and suddenly like a billion blindingly white lightbulbs go on in your head and you realize all this chatter about love and faith and stuff is just an excuse to have a white guy club where you can meet with other married white guys and network and chat about other suddenly relevant topics like where to get a cheap nanny or what lawnmower works best or which other church constituent might have a fag son

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Bears was awesome fun to hang out with. I wish she could have slept over and had a slumber party, but her mum got worried, so she had to dash. Puppy and I will definitely be making a trip to Montreal at some point to visit her and Mr. Bears. :3 She made such a good impression on Puppy, that he offered to let her crash here instead of with her family, in case she and Mr. Bears want to come to the city without family Looming Over.

I think it's touching that Puppy backs me up whenever I make a rule for my house. We're cat-sitting my boss's cat. She likes to climb on the bed. Instead of trying to overrule my no cats on the bed rule, he enforces it too. Same goes for when I visit (with him) my brother's house. When I say that the junk food is off-limits for snack time, he helps me to enforce it. It feels nice to have a husband who really does support me in every way. I'm a lucky guy.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

dino. posted:

Bears was awesome fun to hang out with.

:ohdear: Bears make terrible dinner guests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgqbCq_sxmo

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

But do they make terrible dinner?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Walk Away posted:

But do they make terrible dinner?

I've eaten worse meat than bear.

PainBreak
Jun 9, 2001
I was looking at an old Life magazine today and found this tasty recipe...

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Finally I can be an expert sushi chef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY3QygknqNU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

"I can't roll all of this rice up. This is nonsense."

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Chemmy posted:

"I can't roll all of this rice up. This is nonsense."

THERE'S GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e3z2H1O5zE

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

"And we've all done this"

I can honestly say I have never tried to crack an egg on a worksurface and smeared egg all over the place, instead of cracking on the side of the bowl that was right there.

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.

Scientastic posted:

"And we've all done this"

I can honestly say I have never tried to crack an egg on a worksurface and smeared egg all over the place, instead of cracking on the side of the bowl that was right there.

Oh god, that *splat* sound they mixed in every time it cracks an egg is not really appetizing.

Happy Abobo
Jun 21, 2007

Looks tastier, anyway.

PainBreak posted:

I was looking at an old Life magazine today and found this tasty recipe...

I wonder how much they worried that throwing that 1/4tsp of oregano into the recipe would be too exotic for the home cook.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
It's 1955, I think oregano was hot stuff at the time because all the vets who came back from tasting awesome Italian food in WW2. In fact maybe it was even put in this dish because it was a big fad!

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Aug 6, 2012

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001

No Wave posted:

Possible and I would love to know about where I can find horse pastrami because googling isn't getting me anything.

Queens is a long enough trip that I usually end up springing for seafood when I get out there because seafood's always been my favorite part of greek cuisine. If you have suggestions I would be interested to hear them.

Apparently the horsemeat is an under-the-table kind of thing and if you aren't a Greek-speaking local you won't find any. I can't even give directions to any of the good spots I've been to; once I'm off the main routes I don't know my way around too well.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Preparing carbonara, drinking a glass of cold white wine as it pisses down outside, while the wife bathes the baby and we all listen to the Immaculate Collection. Life doesn't get much better than that.

PainBreak
Jun 9, 2001

Happy Abobo posted:

I wonder how much they worried that throwing that 1/4tsp of oregano into the recipe would be too exotic for the home cook.

I wonder who went, "Golly, I know what this canned bean casserole is missing...oregano! Mmm mmm, now that tastes just swell!"

It caught my eye after hearing that my sister-in-law made "Mexican Lasagna" and brought it to my father's house. Look, I wasn't there, but I've been a party to her "cooking" before. By lasagna I'm pretty sure she means "casserole", and by Mexican I have my suspicions she means "cream of mushroom soup."

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PainBreak posted:

I wonder who went, "Golly, I know what this canned bean casserole is missing...oregano! Mmm mmm, now that tastes just swell!"

Don't forget most people of that generation would have purchased their spices with their spice rack.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Don't forget most people of that generation would have purchased their spices with their spice rack.

Isn't that generation the same as this generation

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

PXJ800 posted:

Apparently the horsemeat is an under-the-table kind of thing and if you aren't a Greek-speaking local you won't find any. I can't even give directions to any of the good spots I've been to; once I'm off the main routes I don't know my way around too well.
What a chump I am for having missed out on all this awesome easily-available Greek food my whole life!

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Well how else are you supposed to get matching spices, smart guy? All the ones at the store look different!

<:mad:>

Does anyone have a salsa chicken recipe that isn't quite so spicy?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Steve Yun posted:

Isn't that generation the same as this generation

Not at all. This generation probably has the spices that were in their parents' spice racks.

edit: also, this

Flash Gordon Ramsay fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 7, 2012

The Tinfoil Price
Jun 19, 2012

Calamari Express

CuddleChunks posted:

Well how else are you supposed to get matching spices, smart guy? All the ones at the store look different!

<:mad:>

If you want the tang without the heat, consider soaking diced serrano or jalapenos in olive oil for a few hours before cooking. The oil will draw out a bit of the capsaicin, weakening the heat without making the salsa totally bland. Make sure you rinse the peppers off thoroughly in water before mixing into your salsa if you're trying to reduce the amount of heat.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

CuddleChunks posted:

Onion soup mix should temper some of that dreadful heat.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Scientastic posted:

Onion soup mix should temper some of that dreadful heat.
I prefer the soothing creaminess of cream of mushroom soup. You will need to season your dish generously, though.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I'm assuming you're seasoning with only the finest artisan salt money can buy and the rarest peppercorns as well, anything else would do a great disservice to the meal.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

therattle posted:

I prefer the soothing creaminess of cream of mushroom soup. You will need to season your dish generously, though.

Psh, everyone knows you temper the flame of salsa chicken with massive amounts of colby jack cheese. Pre-shredded, of course. (If you're brave, you can go for the fancy stuff with taco seasoning already blended in!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

pnumoman posted:

Psh, everyone knows you temper the flame of salsa chicken with massive amounts of colby jack cheese. Pre-shredded, of course. (If you're brave, you can go for the fancy stuff with taco seasoning already blended in!)

The truly adventurous gourmand passes right by that pre-shredded cheese for suckers and gets the pre-shredded THREE cheese blend.
The natural mellowing agents of a Fancy Ketchup will also tame that devil capsaicin's fiery tongue.