Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Mezzanon posted:

Downside: AUGH my center torso!

Upside: kicked off an arm! Hell yeah!

How do you even do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Paingod556 posted:

How do you even do that?

the incubus was a level below him, so he kicked on the punch table, too bad it wasn't the head for JUSTICE FOOT.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Paingod556 posted:

How do you even do that?

H4 was in a ditch, so he got to kick on the punch table. Would have been cooler if he kicked his head off but you take what you can get.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

The question is what weapons (if any) did he kick off?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

AtomikKrab posted:

the incubus was a level below him, so he kicked on the punch table, too bad it wasn't the head for JUSTICE FOOT.

Any time I can knock off a limb I feel pretty boss.

If I jump to 2319 for sweet nourishing back shots, it looks like H5 would have to shoot through 2 hexes of heavy woods (one I'd be in, and one next to it) right?

Also: If I fire both my mediums and my large laser in addition to jumping it looks like I'd be at +5 heat for a -1 move mod next turn.

Spikey posted:

All I know is that the part where it says "2 hands" is no longer accurate :cool:

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Spikey posted:

Its ER-PPC is laying in that ditch now (maybe).

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Mezzanon posted:

Any time I can knock off a limb I feel pretty boss.

If I jump to 2319 for sweet nourishing back shots, it looks like H5 would have to shoot through 2 hexes of heavy woods (one I'd be in, and one next to it) right?

Also: If I fire both my mediums and my large laser in addition to jumping it looks like I'd be at +5 heat for a -1 move mod next turn.

All I know is that the part where it says "2 hands" is no longer accurate :cool:

not only that you can land so your intact rear armor is facing it (you have more Rear ct armor than front right now) and the whammy is shooting 11s at that point with bigger threats hitting it.) thresher has 10s to shoot you. and jump mp is not reduced by heat :science: oh and you'd have 6s. (1 gunnery +3 jumped, +1 enemy move mod +1 woods) on the large and 8s on your mediums. so you can then jump around again and hit with just the large to start cooling down.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

AtomikKrab posted:

Y8 I trust you to run forward 7/8 and :black101: on the warhammer. I have been doing math. If you run forward 8 you will hit on 4s for any gun except the flamer on the warhammer, vs his 7s. (1+1+2) vs. (3+3+1) if you fire 4 medium lasers and 2 large lasers you won't even build heat. (36 potential damage)

It's worth considering, but the medium lasers on WHM-IICs are usually clan pulses, which would mean 7 damage each, hitting at 5s at that range for potentially 35 damage, without factoring in the 15 from the cerppc and the 12 from the SRM-6 which would hit on 7s, with all the above weapons able to be fired without heat issues. I'm very fond of WHM-IICs when I'm pointing them at opponents.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

AtomikKrab posted:

not only that you can land so your intact rear armor is facing it

I tend to hit side armor a lot, so that may not be as safe a bet as it seems.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Just chipping in to point out a minor mistake I randomly noticed.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Y4 AS7-DC Atlas
RL A(S): 49/41 (21/21)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

I tend to hit side armor a lot, so that may not be as safe a bet as it seems.

Well the Warhammer should be VERY busy... :ohdear: but that involves herding goons.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Wafflecopper posted:

Just chipping in to point out a minor mistake I randomly noticed.

The Atlas is merely feeding on the souls of the fallen enemy and growing stronger

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Alright, so long as you guys keep most of the damage-received spread out between you it looks like we might scrape by this without too much in terms of critical damage, and that means being in better shape to take on the AGGRO CRAG next scenario. Half of the vehicles supporting that Star of `Mechs are dust and hopefully we'll get a good head start on that salvage.

I'm too incompetent to give any advice but you have my moral support.

Seriously though. Kill the meat, save the metal. And hope for more opportunities for Justice Feet, which will greatly help with the above.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

Cataphract why did you stand still. :negative:
I decided to take a gamble.
If I had moved I would only have had, at maximum, a defensive +1: to get anything more I would have had to either over-extend my 'mech or end somewhere where it would have been hard to support my lancemates. The joys of not having jump-jets and being stuck with terrain MP modifiers. :rolleyes:
The ERLL would have hit me anyway, and the Charger is still more advanced than me, while I'm still in a position to support it effectively, and I still have most of my torso armor.
I'd say the gamble payed off.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Aug 4, 2012

Arraxis
Jul 10, 2012
Both Ultra AC hits to the centre torso of that Phoenix Hawk. That's really painful. Hopefully it won't take any more hits, though at least Clans are less likely to focus fire than if they were fighting the IS. But with all of those tanks that aren't bound by the rules, who knows?

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
Here are my likely turn orders:

Turn left to face hex 1430, then walk to hex 1428.

Fire 2x LRM-20s at H5 Warhammer IIC (TH 5: 1 Base + 1 walked + 2 Medium Range + 1 Enemy Movement).
If H5 Warhammer IIC is destroyed, instead torso twist right to face hex 1528 and fire 2x LRM-20s at H1 Thresher (TH 6: 1 Base + 1 Walked + 2 Medium range + 1 Enemy Movement + 1 Light Woods) only if LOS exists.
If H1 Thresher is destroyed or no LOS exists, fire 2x LRM-20s at T6 Hephaestus Hover Tank (TH 8: 1 Base + 1 Walked + 2 Medium Range + 4 Enemy Movement).

Fire 1 Medium Laser at V4 Anhur (TH 7: 1 Base + 1 Walked + 0 Short Range + 4 Enemy Movement + 1 Secondary Target).
If V4 Anhur is destroyed, instead fire 1 Medium Laser at H4 Incubus (TH 9: 1 Base + 1 Walked + 2 Medium Range + 4 Enemy Movement + 1 Secondary Target).
If H4 Incubus is destroyed, instead fire 1 Medium Laser at T5 Hephaestus Hover Tank (TH 7: 1 Base + 1 Walked + 0 Short Range + 4 Enemy Movement + 1 Secondary Target).

In Physical Attack phase, kick T5 Hephaestus Hover Tank (TH 5?: 2 Piloting + 1 Walked + 4 Enemy Movement -2 Kicking).

Thoughts on them? Good? Terrible?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Arraxis posted:

But with all of those tanks that aren't bound by the rules, who knows?

Two tanks to a `Mech. They're following the rules just fine.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
My tentative plan is to bumrush V1 (2031) and alpha its behind. Alternatively, if mezz wants to flank H1, I can move to 2526 and face NW to threaten H3 and V1.

Also, @lance 2: there are more tempting targets, but ff H4. It is a light with no CT armor. It's asking to get cored.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Rivensteel posted:

My tentative plan is to bumrush V1 (2031) and alpha its behind. Alternatively, if mezz wants to flank H1, I can move to 2526 and face NW to threaten H3 and V1.

Also, @lance 2: there are more tempting targets, but ff H4. It is a light with no CT armor. It's asking to get cored.

Bum rush V1, and get the other two non Pixies in your lance to back up to support you, then you can form up as a hammer and concentrate your firepower on the next target.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Wait, Clan vehicle pilots have their own form of Zell that they're expected to adhere to?

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

Wait, Clan vehicle pilots have their own form of Zell that they're expected to adhere to?

Nope, one point to one point is Zell. One point is one mech or two ground vehicles or...etc.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PTN, can you double-check something?

PoptartsNinja posted:

T6 Hephaestus Scout Tank (B)
- Fires ER Medium Laser at H8 Flashman (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (5/27 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at H8 Flashman (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!

You're typing H8 instead of Y8, which is a trivial error, but more importantly I did not have any previous damage recorded for the Flashman's left leg. Could you check your previous reports and see if I missed something?

There was no combat in Tactical Update 1.

In Tactical Update 2, it took no damage.

In Tactical Update 3, it took a gauss slug to the right torso, reducing it to 7/22, but no other damage.

The clan ER ML does 7 damage, so I believe H8 should now be at 20/27 on it's left leg. Confirm?

Also, gently caress, my right leg! I really thought we'd take out that drat light this round, what with all the weapons we put at it, didn't realize its legs would have cover from one of our mechs. And our shooting that round was pretty bad in general. :(

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 4, 2012

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Rivensteel posted:

I am plowing that thresher in its butthole from the heavy woods of 2319

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Also, gently caress, my right leg! I really thought we'd take out that drat light this round, what with all the weapons we put at it, didn't realize its legs would have cover from one of our mechs. And our shooting that round was pretty bad in general. :(

At least you're not the company's third cripple. Considering the firepower we threw at itH4 is in decent shape, but lance 2 has a good chance to put it down next turn. It wasn't a spectacular turn, but we're in ok condition and in a position to do some damage.

I think everyone should swing southish towards the center around their units. Keep your move mod up and far from the Clan's big slow guns and I bet we could take two down in the next round with acceptable damage in return.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

landcollector posted:

Nope, one point to one point is Zell. One point is one mech or two ground vehicles or...etc.

So Gooncompany's technically fighting only two Stars of enemies? Huh.

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Leperflesh posted:

Also, gently caress, my right left leg!

It looks like he forgot to fix the damage from the first turn, when he accidentally had your Flashman's leg get hit by a Gauss Rifle when it should have missed. So, yeah, your leg should be at 20/27 armor.

Considering how much behind the scenes stuff PTN has to do for such a big battle, it's understandable that a few mistakes happen.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Ba Donk a Bonk posted:

Considering how much behind the scenes stuff PTN has to do for such a big battle, it's understandable that a few mistakes happen.

No way, he's obviously got a grudge against Leperflesh for bogarting the dwarf tits.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

PoptartsNinja posted:

About clan rules of engagement (sorry if alredy discussed, i've missed the start of this scenario): isn't our Phoenix Hawk's Justice Foot attemp considered dishonorable? Do the Clanners alredy consider us cannon fodder?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm not driving the flashman: I'm driving one of the Poes, and I lost all the armor on my right leg (along with one point of structure) last turn.

However I am tracking all damage to all units on the spreadsheet, which is extremely handy especially since PTN only summarizes the condition of enemy units.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That Italian Guy posted:

About clan rules of engagement (sorry if alredy discussed, i've missed the start of this scenario): isn't our Phoenix Hawk's Justice Foot attemp considered dishonorable? Do the Clanners alredy consider us cannon fodder?

You attacked without issuing batchall, so the Clan RoE went out the window basically from that point.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Defiance Industries posted:

You attacked without issuing batchall, so the Clan RoE went out the window basically from that point.

They even had time to grab their special "beach ball full of poison bees" ammo to take you on. Hope your neurohelmet is a beekeeper's hat. :shepface:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Zaodai posted:

They even had time to grab their special "beach ball full of poison bees" ammo to take you on. Hope your neurohelmet is a beekeeper's hat. :shepface:

Like poison works on DEATH COMMANDOS

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

AtomikKrab posted:

Speaking from personal experience, it does. You know what else works on the Death Commandos? Spiking the only available water supply with a chemical agent that causes explosive diarrhea and lack of bowel tension.

They aren't so tough when they have to make a high BOD check every round to keep the chocolate shotgun from going off. Michael Hyung-Tsei might have myomer implants but he rolls on the ground screaming and making GBS threads himself just like a normal person would in that situation.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Defiance Industries posted:

Speaking from personal experience, it does. You know what else works on the Death Commandos? Spiking the only available water supply with a chemical agent that causes explosive diarrhea and lack of bowel tension.

They aren't so tough when they have to make a high BOD check every round to keep the chocolate shotgun from going off. Michael Hyung-Tsei might have myomer implants but he rolls on the ground screaming and making GBS threads himself just like a normal person would in that situation.

making GBS threads yourself in the baking heat of a mech cockpit? Situation like that would make Han Solo cry.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Zeroisanumber posted:

making GBS threads yourself in the baking heat of a mech cockpit? Situation like that would make Han Solo cry.

Given enough time, the Death Commandos would weaponize it. Hours spent in combat with explosive diarrhea? We made a tube feed system that feeds to a giant flamer-like weapon so you can just hose your enemies down in poo poo.

Not much damage would be done (except to infantry!) but it makes for a good way to shame your enemy.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

AtomikKrab posted:

Actual Death Commandos' training.

By the way, why are the Clan tanks keeping on with their rule of engagement even if we haven't issued a batchall?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Second line troops, a lot more rigid than frontline, also if this was the "heavily defended" airport... what are the other companies facing? a madcat and a summoner with one arm?

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Uh, PTN? Under my mech's readout, it now says 43 rounds MRM ammo. If so, can I make one of the tons infernos?

Thread, should I do so?

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Rivensteel posted:

Uh, PTN? Under my mech's readout, it now says 43 rounds MRM ammo. If so, can I make one of the tons infernos?

Thread, should I do so?

There is no such thing as Inferno MRMs, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Zaodai posted:

Given enough time, the Death Commandos would weaponize it. Hours spent in combat with explosive diarrhea? We made a tube feed system that feeds to a giant flamer-like weapon so you can just hose your enemies down in poo poo.

Not much damage would be done (except to infantry!) but it makes for a good way to shame your enemy.

Perhaps, but they're still one step behind the Lyran Irregulars, who have already mastered equipping their mechs with half-circle shaped tubes that they can catch the stream in and redirect it back at the firing unit.

• Locked thread