Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

PrinnySquadron posted:

Moses is going to flip his poo poo, isn't he.

Yeah. Probably. :sigh:

quote:

Goddamn, who just gets a puppy like that?

I kept trying to get my mom to settle on a breed at least so I could hopefully steer her towards choosing something logical, a dog that would be boring and easy and bland enough that she wouldn't end up going "THIS DOG IS STUPID!!" :byodame: and ruining it, but she just kept saying "I'll know it when I see it!!!! I just have to look at it!!!! I just have to see a dog and know it's the right one!!! It just has to have a special look.....and I'll know.... !!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necessary voodoo
Nov 4, 2010
gently caress your parents, man. Sorry if that comes off as harsh, but from what you've said about them in the past it pretty much seems like they're just going to end up dumping the care of this dog on you, and that's completely unfair and lovely. I hope everything will be okay. :(

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

necessary voodoo posted:

gently caress your parents, man. Sorry if that comes off as harsh, but from what you've said about them in the past it pretty much seems like they're just going to end up dumping the care of this dog on you, and that's completely unfair and lovely. I hope everything will be okay. :(

Yeah, they prob intentionally got it while I was here so they could dump everything on me and then when I move back out all the hard work will already be done. I p much said this and they were like "OH LOL DONT ACT LIKE YOU DONT LIKE IT, YOU LOVE DOGS DONT EVEN ACT LIKE YOU DONT WANT A BULLDOG PUPPY TO PLAY WITH LOL"

Most likely, I will raise this dog, move out, and then they will completely undo everything and utterly wreck it until I finally take it from them in 5-10 years. That seems to be about how it goes with them. :emo:

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Superconsndar posted:

Most likely, I will raise this dog, move out, and then they will completely undo everything and utterly wreck it until I finally take it from them in 5-10 years. That seems to be about how it goes with them. :emo:

Sorry about your new puppy! Hopefully it will be a calm nice dog and not a little poo poo so your parents can't gently caress it up too badly.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Superconsndar posted:

Yeah, they prob intentionally got it while I was here so they could dump everything on me and then when I move back out all the hard work will already be done. I p much said this and they were like "OH LOL DONT ACT LIKE YOU DONT LIKE IT, YOU LOVE DOGS DONT EVEN ACT LIKE YOU DONT WANT A BULLDOG PUPPY TO PLAY WITH LOL"

Just take him with you when you move out and deny anything EVERYTHING if asked

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Maybe it'll end up like my bulldog mix and just fall asleep in one spot and never move and makes them worry if it's even alive sometimes.

That's apparently supposed to be a "Good Dog", right?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Bear Rape posted:

Maybe it'll end up like my bulldog mix and just fall asleep in one spot and never move and makes them worry if it's even alive sometimes.

Well yeah because then you know it knows you are the PACK LEADER.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

What you do is wait for them to go out, then return the dog. Just loving return it, what are they gonna do? "You dumped the dog on me, so I did what I thought I should."

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Bear Rape posted:

I am really hoping this but he seems VERY houndy and if he acts like a stubborn rear end in a top hat hound dawg they're going to hate him. We'll see!!!

Here is an album:
http://imgur.com/a/Eb1oc
(the second to last picture is of a BAD DOG :mad: )

I've been talking to notsoape on AIM and she agrees that he's mostly hound, we both think probably there's a lot of beagle-y-basset-y-ish-ness involved. I think the rest is american bulldog, she says she doesn't really see it but I do

I dunno. I hope he learns to just be a boring lump and saves himself. I work all day so he's gonna be spending the majority of weekdays alone with my stepdad and his chihuahua and Frankie so lol.

Supercondescending fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 5, 2012

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?
oh god did the chihuahua not even die yet

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

notsoape posted:

oh god did the chihuahua not even die yet

Define "death"

It's pretty pissed off right now and I gotta admit it's kind of funny seeing a dog that fat be that outraged

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
They at least could have gotten some pathetic kind of dog so Frankie could could play with another dog and not get beaten up. <:mad:>

e: Actually I'm surprised they didn't look seriously into a boston, they seem to be pretty easy to manage if you keep their breathing problems in mind. :(

VV: it is the saddest chihuahua there ever was

Kerfuffle fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 5, 2012

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Wait, what Chihuahua? I didn't know about this fat dog, please post fat dag pictures.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

wtftastic posted:

Well yeah because then you know it knows you are the PACK LEADER.
No dog, you shouldn't be a lemming! Don't follow the crowd! :ohdear:

Also I can definitively see the American bulldog. The spotting and pale pink skin really remind me of one.

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
:unsmith:
What's wrong with the chihuahua? It it just fat or old or something? :(

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

Superconsndar posted:

Here is an album:
http://imgur.com/a/Eb1oc
(the second to last picture is of a BAD DOG :mad: )

He has the taste for blood now. What is done cannot be undone.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

That dog now craves sweet human flesh. Flee!

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

A Sleepy Budgie posted:

What's wrong with the chihuahua? It it just fat or old or something? :(

Her parents feed it to the point of immobility and it basically had hosed up structure from the beginning that got even more destroyed from obesity.

Super at least that's an adorable spotty puppy....please don't let it languish in that house after you move :ohdear:

necessary voodoo
Nov 4, 2010
Oh god, what a cutie. Be the biggest rear end in a top hat you can while you're still adorable, puppy, so Super can rehome you easily. :ohdear:

(jk we all know moses is gonna eat dat by next week)

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

paisleyfox posted:

He has the taste for blood now. What is done cannot be undone.

Who wants it to be undone? That pup sure doesn't.
That puppy is gleeful about biting the poo poo out of Super. I'm kinda with everybody else though. Here's hoping it's just a giant lump so your parents can't totally gently caress it up. I'm sorry Super.

I look forward to the "LEAVE THE PUPPY" video with Moses having a complete and utter total meltdown about it and the heartbreak repair that follows.

E: Or. OR. they let you rehome him, which would be the best option.

E2: Intestinal "cleaners". Totally. Dog rear end, not okay. VVVV

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 5, 2012

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!
Oh Super :negative: Good luck, what a lovely situation.

What the gently caress is going on with this can of EN? :gonk:

And of course the drat vet's office is closed tomorrow.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

That looks like a delicious can of refried beans.

What I'm saying is what the hell ew. :gonk:

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Now that I spend more time in my bedroom (I've got it nicely decorated and comfy now) Bailey will climb up on the bed and either lay on my laptop, put his butt on my legs and then piss and moan if I move at all, or try to lay directly on top of my knitting. Today he managed to do all three at the same time and got himself tangled in yarn, engaged shift lock, and then got mad at me when I tried to move him off the yarn.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Not gonna lie ya'll, this puppy kind of owns and they could have done a lot worse

Unfortunately, that means he is not gonna be a lump. He is confidant, scared of nothing, smart as poo poo, and I could have him Getting A Thing in about 5 seconds. I'm not going to do anything at all thought to build drive or encourage him to be Awesome, as sad as that makes me, because it will obviously just make his life hard being owned by my parents. I'm gonna do my best to encourage nothing useful and teach him nothing but how to be a good lump. :sigh: He seems like he has the potential to be such a fun dog, too.

He is in my room itp, notice. My parents have hardly looked at him except to pet him a few times. They are also fighting over him. Apparently my stepdad is pissed because he thinks their chihuahua is going to feel slighted because my mom got a dog. My mom is arguing back that she doesn't give a gently caress about his chihuahua, and the reason she doesn't pay any attention to it is because it's fat and horrible and ruined and she knows it's going to die early because my stepdad won't stop feeding it and she isn't going to get attached to a dog that she knows isn't going to be around for long. So they weren't even in agreement on this. My dogs are banished to the yard and guest room until tomorrow when I figure out how to manage all of this and introduce them (if that even ends up being possible!)

I really don't get the point. My mom has barely looked at "her" new dog since she brought him home.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I look forward to the "LEAVE THE PUPPY" video with Moses having a complete and utter total meltdown about it and the heartbreak repair that follows.

Yeah, this is going to happen tomorrow and I'm really mad about it. Moses is a big sensitive baby and while I did want to get another dog one day, I wanted to go about it carefully after planning a way to do it that would make sense to him and not crush his sad little emo dog brain. This is going to be hard for him and it's really stupid and I don't like it.

quote:

E: Or. OR. they let you rehome him, which would be the best option.

I doubt it, just knowing them. The SUPER COOL option would be to just return him and play dumb, but in reality they'd know and that's not gonna fly while I'm living in their house.

My mom is actually kind of sort of reading the "how to not gently caress up a puppy" books I handed her from my collection, so we'll see if it lasts. Most likely, they'll do what they've always done and I will end up with this dog at some point in the future.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Your mom is loving child.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Yep!

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

The whole situation is pretty sad. It sounds like it sucks and I'm sorry. Its especially unfair of your mother to say something like that about the fat little chi; I mean, she's got just as much of an ability to help the dog slim down etc.

Its also unfair to expect you to raise her dog especially when you hae a dog that's pretty sensitive to other dogs.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

wtftastic posted:

Its also unfair to expect you to raise her dog especially when you hae a dog that's pretty sensitive to other dogs.

Moses is a broken bad dog tho so *fart*

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Kerfuffle posted:

Moses is a broken bad dog tho so *fart*

I mean, my parents are the kind of people I would expect to say that because they don't really get too in to behavior etc, but even they get "sometimes dogs don't really like other dogs" and respect that.

also Moses is too big to live in the house and the puppy seems like it will be about the same size or larger so I guess it'll just live outside someday too.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

wtftastic posted:

also Moses is too big to live in the house and the puppy seems like it will be about the same size or larger so I guess it'll just live outside someday too.

He's 21 lbs. Moses was 16ish at that age. So he's prob gonna be well over 50 lbs. Apparently big dogs are okay being in the house 24/7 if they're not mine.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle
He looks just like my dog as a puppy. My dog is a jerk. Therefore that dog will be a jerk.

Have fun.

(My dog is awesome.)

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Maybe at least Frankie will have someone he can play with full out and have crazy barkbark fun-times with? I also want to see photos of this chihuahua. If it kicks the bucket any time in the next few months the puppy is totally going to get blamed for it :(

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Superconsndar posted:

He's 21 lbs. Moses was 16ish at that age. So he's prob gonna be well over 50 lbs. Apparently big dogs are okay being in the house 24/7 if they're not mine.

Well maybe if Moses wasn't so mean...

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Superconsndar posted:

Not gonna lie ya'll, this puppy kind of owns and they could have done a lot worse

Look at Super's new puppy :3:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
She's posted the Chihuahua before, it's pretty much your standard fat, unfortunate Chihuahua. Good luck with your new puppy, Super. :sigh:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Fraction posted:

Look at Super's new puppy :3:

NO.

So like, if you crate him he just goes to sleep or quietly chews a toy until you come back. He has also had no accidents and goes the second you take him outside. :iamafag:

I just spent a bunch of money I didn't have on Puppy Stuff because all my mom bought was a collar, a leash, and a bag of wellness puppy. My mom took him out to potty when she got up this morning and gave him breakfast, and that is literally all she's done other than google puppy names. I have not confronted her about it, but I know that if I did she'd just tell me I don't have to do anything for him and I'm free not to- which she knows won't happen, because I'm not going to sit there and watch him be ignored and neglected. If I weren't here, he would have just spent the past 24 hours crated except to go out and for my mom to pet him for about 10 minutes. :cripes:

I am about to go bathe my dogs and then introduce them. If Moses won't tolerate him I'm not going to force the issue but I'm going to SEE if I can get him to be civil. He hasn't met many puppies before so I'm not really sure what to expect.

If nothing else, Frankie will finally have someone to play with until I move out and that will be a nice thing for him.

Skizzles posted:

She's posted the Chihuahua before, it's pretty much your standard fat, unfortunate Chihuahua.

Yeah, he's just fat and broken.

He was once so obese he was almost immobile, but they mostly got that under control and now he is just generically fat. He has very few teeth and the teeth he has are rotten, so his tongue permanently hangs out, he's arthritic, his bones are all warped from being permanently malnourished (he lives off of random stuff my stepdad throws him all day, he has good kibble but he never touches it) and is completely unsocialized and can't/won't walk more than a few feet in any direction before his brain collapses and he just waits for someone to come pick him up and carry him. My stepdad obsesses over him and doesn't get that he's ruined him by turning him into a horrifying breathing baby doll and shits a brick if you say anything to him about his trainwreck dog. He's only 5 and everyone expects him to be dead by about 8 or so.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...

Superconsndar posted:

He's only 5...

Goddamn, that's sad. :( I mean, I don't know why that in particular stands out as sad amongst this whole puppy situation, but it just really sucks that a dog can get messed up that quickly.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

Goddamn, that's sad. :( I mean, I don't know why that in particular stands out as sad amongst this whole puppy situation, but it just really sucks that a dog can get messed up that quickly.

I wonder...and I know this isn't going to happen with that chi, but it made me think...in hypothetical terms, is it even possible to straighten a dog out, even at that age, who's been treated the way Super's Dad's dog has been treated? Is it even possible to re-wire the dog's brain so that it can ultimately lead a semi-normal existence for whatever's left of its life?

Keelbone
Sep 3, 2011

beyond the sunset leads my way

I really hope your mum magically becomes a good owner and Puppy doesn't become like that in 5 years :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Thou doth protest too much!

Today my fat old dog decided, two hours into our two and a half hour walk, to try and fence fight with a staffie. Why is it that my stupid dog really enjoys fence fighting? She's twelve now and the only things she gets excited about are: 1) food, 2) the opportunity to try and fight a thing. She went from lagging tiredly behind me to rushing forward, tail wagging and jaws snapping.

• Locked thread