Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

DSC_1134.jpg by Wasa81, on Flickr

DSC_1143.jpg by Wasa81, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeek
Mar 1, 2003

Untitled by Eeek5127, on Flickr

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

Is this much of a crop or is the 100mm macro just that baller?

Eeek
Mar 1, 2003

The orignal was shot landscape; this is pretty much a straight crop of it in portrait. And yes- the 100mm macro is that awesome.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

First shot with the 50mm 1.8 I picked up yesterday... Loving it so far.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It's a good nap cuz she rolled her face into the couch.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
The new cat, "Doom Kitty."

Doom Lounges by torgeaux, on Flickr

Doom Kitty by torgeaux, on Flickr

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Anyone have clever ideas on mounting a GoPro camera to a small dog? I got a collar with a velcro mount, but it sags to the underside, and then rocks too much when he walks or runs. Perfect product links also appreciated!

This is partially for my own dumb pet photo/videos, but also an idea I have for the shelter I volunteer with.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

SKULE123 posted:

Anyone have clever ideas on mounting a GoPro camera to a small dog? I got a collar with a velcro mount, but it sags to the underside, and then rocks too much when he walks or runs. Perfect product links also appreciated!

This is partially for my own dumb pet photo/videos, but also an idea I have for the shelter I volunteer with.

A friend of mine has a Dachsund and mounts a GoPro to her all the time... He has a vest with a mount on it. I can see how he did it if you'd like.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
I'm a sucker for taking photos of my pets..even after I started doing this professionally!

This is my cat Paco who was just diagnosed with a hyperthyroid :(

Paco Is A Killer by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

_adam posted:

A friend of mine has a Dachsund and mounts a GoPro to her all the time... He has a vest with a mount on it. I can see how he did it if you'd like.

Much obliged, if it's not a problem. Thanks!

Rixatrix
Aug 5, 2006

Eeek posted:

The orignal was shot landscape; this is pretty much a straight crop of it in portrait. And yes- the 100mm macro is that awesome.
gently caress you, like I need to spend any money on glass (I really want the 100mm).

My friend's BC is the derpiest dog I know

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Just a shot I happen to get of the mutt.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

DSC_1849.jpg by Wasa81, on Flickr

Went to a farm this weekend, they had lots of farm cats so I took some photos. They where kind of curious and wanted to sit close to me and sprawl in the dirt, but closer than 2-3 yards and they'd run away.

Rot
Apr 18, 2005

Our goofy rescue cats:

catte by Brian.M.K, on Flickr

IMG_7697.jpg by Brian.M.K, on Flickr

Rot
Apr 18, 2005

Awesome!

This is the best I've done:

IMG_4913.jpg by Brian.M.K, on Flickr

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal
This is Petey:

Introducing Petey-549.jpg by theokaluza, on Flickr

Introducing Petey-543.jpg by theokaluza, on Flickr

Is he good, or evil? We are not yet sure.

Rot
Apr 18, 2005

IMG_9408.jpg by Brian.M.K, on Flickr

CarrotFlowers
Dec 17, 2010

Blerg.

n0n0 posted:

This is Petey:

Dawwwwww...doesn't matter because he's adorable!

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

n0n0 posted:

This is Petey:

Whatever he is, he is so stinkin cute! :3:

Finally finished some pictures I took of my friend's dying dog, Ronin, before he was put down due to cancer. I offered her a "twilight session" and I really enjoyed doing it. :unsmith:

roro-21 by thepaisleyfox, on Flickr

roro-41 by thepaisleyfox, on Flickr

roro-6 by thepaisleyfox, on Flickr

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal

paisleyfox posted:

Whatever he is, he is so stinkin cute! :3:

Finally finished some pictures I took of my friend's dying dog, Ronin, before he was put down due to cancer. I offered her a "twilight session" and I really enjoyed doing it. :unsmith:

roro-21 by thepaisleyfox, on Flickr

roro-41 by thepaisleyfox, on Flickr

roro-6 by thepaisleyfox, on Flickr
Oh my god -- a puppy with cancer? Really? :( edit: Also, I love the photos. Especially the first one. He looks so happy. He doesn't even know he's gonna die.

Sneeze Party fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 9, 2012

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Oh, he's not a puppy! He was about 8 or 9 and he's a Shiba Inu. I know he looks a little like a Husky puppy. Still sucks, though, Shibas generally live till 15. :shobon:

He was blind, and deaf, and couldn't breathe with the cancer pushing up against his sinuses and around his eyes. Way different dog than he was a few months ago, poor guy.

Here, have a happier picture of my dog when we were moving last year. :v:

39/52 by thepaisleyfox, on Flickr

paisleyfox fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Sep 10, 2012

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

You can also teach Shiba Inus to do some crazy poo poo :staredog:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

This is just a heart breaking photo.

Eeek
Mar 1, 2003

CasserosS
May 27, 2005

DJExile posted:

Ragdolls own. Puppies own. Huge rear end dogs own. How big is Cassius now?

In a matter of speaking .... he is now huge .... probably about 50kg worth of dog

With massive paws

And on the occasion he gets inside he likes to take up as much room on the bed as possible

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That is a lot of dog. He looks awesome as hell.

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

Got to try out my new lens this weekend at our rescue's annual picnic:

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

The cats:

And some happy dogs I was pet-sitting:

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

boomer-1 by nick.kneer, on Flickr

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Please, tell me more... by Steven Sarginson, on Flickr

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Here's my dog One-tooth, previously known as Chiggers (prior to her latest vet visit):

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

Express by AIIAZNSK8ER, on Flickr

Eeek
Mar 1, 2003

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
God drat it. My wife and I want a dog but we live in an apartment and are both out from 7:30 - 5:30 Mon-Fri. It would be cruel for the dog to be alone so long. :(

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
This is Clive. He is my girlfriend's cat. He frequently beats up on my cat, Esteban.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

I think yours turned out better than mine. I need to save up for a proper macro lens.

Maggie by atticus_1354, on Flickr

And playing with my new D5100 with 35mm f/1.8.

Juncton-1_01 by atticus_1354, on Flickr

Juncton-62 by atticus_1354, on Flickr

dowdy_pants
Aug 18, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

psylent posted:

God drat it. My wife and I want a dog but we live in an apartment and are both out from 7:30 - 5:30 Mon-Fri. It would be cruel for the dog to be alone so long. :(

Dog walker? Doggie daycare? There are options. :)

roro-79split by thepaisleyfox, on Flickr