Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

HOLY poo poo a new Dead Authors Podcast. With Nick Kroll as Jorge Luis Borges. HOLY poo poo.

And it's got the best introduction. I love it when PFT talks over himself.
e: and a nice bit of physical comedy to start your podcast with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I know there was some talk a little while back about the Earwolf guys thinking of starting one of these with Oswalt and Posehn, but are there any podcasts where funny people (not the Penny Arcade guys) play D&D together? There was an old series on SA called Hargoth's Tomb that I found pretty funny, but they aren't making those anymore but it seems like kind of the perfect thing to do a funny podcast around. I've never played it myself so anything too technical I probably won't understand.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Ugh, the week I finally unsubscribe from Professor Blastoff and Who Charted, they have Scott Aukerman and Nick Kroll respectively. It's like they knew I had unsubscribed and are trying to get me back.

I mean, the Nick Kroll WC will still most likely be full of poo poo, but it's Nick Kroll so I have to listen.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Ugh, the week I finally unsubscribe from Professor Blastoff and Who Charted

Shame on you.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

FitFortDanga posted:

Shame on you.

v:shobon:v I just never really got into Professor Blastoff even though I like everybody involved, and I've talked about my qualms with WC too much already.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Does anyone else listen to the Vinny Brusco Show? I only found it after We Hate Movies plugged them last week but I love it.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
This is maybe only tangentially related to this thread, but this is a thing that is happening and I am very happy about : http://teamcoco.com/peteholmes

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

So Cashing In with T.J. Miller is pretty awesome

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

What bittersweet week for podcast listeners. No Proopcast or Todd Glass Show, but we got a new Dead Authors Podcast, Alison Brie on The JV Club, a new Harmontown and the second Del Close Marathon I4H. And the Pope was a pretty awesome get for CBB.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
drat, I didn't realize so many comedians are going to be at Outside Lands in San Francisco:

http://lineup.sfoutsidelands.com/?sort=barbary

Gonna try to see the live You Made it Weird or Gelmania for sure.

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jul 29, 2012

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Is this Matt Besser?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPqyavf7q98

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Yes.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Very cool. I need to see Freak Dance. And also Flash Dance.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 29, 2012

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Kind of a semantic question, but what would The Chris Gethard Show qualify as? I love it to death, but since it's actually a TV show (albeit on Public Access) before it's downloadable, as well as it being only a video podcast, I don't know where the more appropriate place to discuss it would be.

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

Very cool. I need to see Flash Dance.

You mean Freak Dance, right? Has anyone seen it yet?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Doctor Candiru posted:

You mean Freak Dance, right? Has anyone seen it yet?

I saw the first half hour. That's all I care to say about it.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

OH EM GEE a new War of Two Worlds. Superego is still dumb and doesn't have an rss feed for the podcast episodes and it won't be on TAH's feed until tomorrow I assume so here's the link: http://www.gosuperego.com/seta-episode-6/

Also I watched half of Freak Dance earlier and it while I wouldn't say it's a good movie, it's goddamn ridiculous and funny as hell. Especially the opening scene(s).

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Superego is still dumb and doesn't have an rss feed for the podcast episodes...
?

http://gosuperego.com/podcast.xml

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Well I'll be goddamned. I looked everywhere on the site and couldn't find it. I could only find the rss feed for the front page posts.

Thanks.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

AH MAH GAWD, there's a Pod F. Tompkast extrasode! And the info says the Pod F. Tompkast will be back next month!

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I know this isn't about podcasts per se buy I just read that Tig Notaro has double breast cancer.

http://flamelikeme.tumblr.com/post/28706896651/tragedy-time-comedy-but-i-dont-have-the

quote:

Ed Helms welcomed her to the stage and she crossed over, took the microphone, and said “Thank you, thank you, I have cancer, thank you, I have cancer, really, thank you.”

Applause gave way to reticent laughter as she explained how she had planned a set about bees flying alongside her car on the 405, but that she couldn’t possibly do her “silly jokes” when all this was going on. And that’s when she told us that 3 days ago, she was diagnosed with breast cancer, in both breasts.

But she didn’t just have cancer. She went on to explain that in some manic twist of fate, while her career is at an all-time high — she is moving to New York to work on Amy Schumer’s new television show, she was on This American Life — concurrently, all these terrible circumstances have befallen her over the past 3 months: pneumonia made way for a debilitating bacterial infection in her digestive tract for which she was hospitalized and lost 30 pounds off of her already small frame, days after being released from the hospital, her young mother died suddenly and tragically (fell, hit her head, died), then she and her girlfriend broke up, and then, now, cancer. In both breasts.

I hate her comedy & her podcast appearances but my wife is going through this with one breast and it sucks! A terrible break for her but as I'm told constantly the medicine is improving daily. Hopefully I'll be being annoyed by Tig for years to come.

Homeless Wonder
Sep 26, 2005
Not a stupid newbie
drat what a bummer. I really do like Tig's standup & storytelling, her WTF episode with her stories about Katrina is pretty great imo. Best of luck to her & your wife as well Lou.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Thank you podcasts from introducing me to Eddie Pepitone.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

Thank you podcasts from introducing me to Eddie Pepitone.

I've only listened to a little bit of the Long Shot Podcast. Have I just not listened to enough of it, or is Eddie completely different on there than he is elsewhere? (i.e. a raving madman)

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Binowru posted:

I've only listened to a little bit of the Long Shot Podcast. Have I just not listened to enough of it, or is Eddie completely different on there than he is elsewhere? (i.e. a raving madman)

He doesn't do raving madman on Dana Gould Hour either. He'll occasionally get into a rant on Long Shot, but don't expect the kind of thing he does on the WTF live shows.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Binowru posted:

His show is pretty bad (The Longshot), but he's pretty good on most of his other podcast appearances.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I need some Superego quotes for a thread title. It's such an eminently quotable podcast but I have such a lovely memory that I can't remember most of quotes. Right now I'm thinking of going with, "Let's make the beast with 3 backs and 2 sacks." It made me laugh just typing it.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Bond... How British am I?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

ElCondemn posted:

His show is pretty bad (The Longshot)

The dynamic can be hard to take sometimes, but I wouldn't call it "pretty bad". I generally enjoy listening to it.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

dog poop n doritos posted:

Bond... How British am I?

One of my favorites, but I don't think it works without the voice and the fact that he just keeps repeating it over and over while Bond is trying to find out the details of his next mission.

YOU ARE THE VERY TICKETY TOCK OF BIG BEN'S COCK, SIR!

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Can anyone suggest me a good comedy podcast(s) with a similar sense of humor to We Hate Movies and My Brother, My Brother, and Me? You know, where there is an amazing chemistry between all the people involved, and they can keep building and building off each other? Also, can someone suggest a good way to get into Professor Blastoff? I like their sense of humor, but I'm usually actually interested in the topic, and the few episodes I've listened to seems more like a really interesting lecture where everyone in the audience is a heckler, so you can here the loving speaker.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

FitFortDanga posted:

The dynamic can be hard to take sometimes, but I wouldn't call it "pretty bad". I generally enjoy listening to it.

I think it's gotten much better ever since Flam stopped trying to get people to do his "immaculata" detox thing despite barely being able to follow it himself. Sean Conroy anchors the show, Amber Kenny has some great anecdotes about growing up with hippie parents and then entering the real world, and Peppitone is always great even outside of his stage persona.

Unless the guest is killer, it's not a podcast I jump on as soon as a new one comes out, but it's not bad if you like at least half of the hosts.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Can anyone suggest me a good comedy podcast(s) with a similar sense of humor to We Hate Movies and My Brother, My Brother, and Me?

I don't listen to either of these podcasts, but I do listen to Uhh Yeah Dude and whenever someone in the UYD thread asks for a recommendation of something similar, My Brother My Brother and Me usually comes up. So based on that I'm going to recommend Uhh Yeah Dude.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

I need some Superego quotes for a thread title. It's such an eminently quotable podcast but I have such a lovely memory that I can't remember most of quotes. Right now I'm thinking of going with, "Let's make the beast with 3 backs and 2 sacks." It made me laugh just typing it.

"Washed in the blood of Lambchop" has always been one of my favorites. "My name is Holster because i'm where all the men stick it" is also good but maybe long for a thread title. "Bed Bath and Beyonce" is good but maybe misleading. "It's like he's alive and haunting us at the same time" could work.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Can anyone suggest me a good comedy podcast(s) with a similar sense of humor to We Hate Movies and My Brother, My Brother, and Me? You know, where there is an amazing chemistry between all the people involved, and they can keep building and building off each other?

I think Uh Yeah Dude is what you're looking for here.

Unrelated to that, this week's Never Not Funny was really interesting. I had never heard of Phil Hendrie before this episode, but his show sounds like a proto-podcast almost.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I listen to Uhh Yeah Dude, it's pretty good, just so low key sometimes I just zone out. Anything else?

Numb Three Ers
Jul 7, 2007
What do you mean it's pronouced "numbers"?

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I listen to Uhh Yeah Dude, it's pretty good, just so low key sometimes I just zone out. Anything else?

You Look Nice Today. It's by far my favorite podcast. The early episodes usallly had a segment when they came up with a new sponsorship or money making idea for the podcast. The most recent episode had them designing an arduous board game meant to punish people who want to play board games.

Production
Jun 11, 2001

Numb Three Ers posted:

You Look Nice Today. It's by far my favorite podcast. The early episodes usallly had a segment when they came up with a new sponsorship or money making idea for the podcast. The most recent episode had them designing an arduous board game meant to punish people who want to play board games.

And if that works for you and you already like UYD and MBMBAM, go for Roderick on the Line. It will fit right in.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Greggy posted:

Unrelated to that, this week's Never Not Funny was really interesting. I had never heard of Phil Hendrie before this episode, but his show sounds like a proto-podcast almost.

To me, Phil is unquestionably the most talented guy in radio. He's also a major league self destructive prick, and has shot himself in the foot, career wise, probably half a dozen times. He HATES his fans, too. A lot. It's weird to me, because I always wonder what imaginary audience he's presenting his show to.

I actually meant to make a thread about him at one point, but it slipped my mind. I gotta get off my rear end on that.

In the meantime, check him out if you've never heard him. He's a real talent and an innovator.

edit: Just to expand a bit, his better material can be tricky to find on YouTube or whatever. He's extremely protective of his material appearing on the internet (picture Gary Larson with a personality disorder).

If you catch a bit of his stuff, and it sounds like something you'd enjoy, then I highly recommend subscribing to his website for a month. But do yourself a favor and skip anything from 9/11 to about 2004. He went balls out neocon for awhile.

DangerDummy! fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Aug 7, 2012

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I used to listen to Phil Hendrie all the time when he was on the radio. "The Best of Phil Hendrie 2000" is still one of my all-time favorite comedy CDs. Unfortunately, it looks like the only place you can still get it is on Phil's website for $45 goddamn dollars.

e: Oh hey, it's also a digital download for the saner price of :20bux:. I highly recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Just listen to any TJ Miller episode of doug loves movies "DENVER YEEEAAHH"

And Any Comedy Bang Bang with Andy Daly and Jason Mantzoukas

• Locked thread