Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I'm buying a variety of new household stuff, having settled into a place more since I'm traveling less for work. Tired of using interim crap, I'm trying to carefully choose decent-quality, ergonomic, stylish stuff even for basic things like a toaster, can opener, etc. For whatever reason, I'm kind of hung up on the issue of what kitchen trash-can to get.

I'm looking for something small-ish, because I'm just one person and don't like leaving trash sitting any longer than necessary, so even a small one, like 30 liter, should do me fine. Like in this pic, or even a little smaller:

Amazon and the local shops seem to be really pushing the Simplehuman line of trash cans, but the reviews on them are actually kind of mixed, and they seem to deliberately design them to not work well with bags other than the SH-brand bags, which of course cost 5-10x what generic trashbags cost at the shop.

Is there some better option for a small kitchen trash can which is of reasonable quality and takes some type of generally affordable trash bag? Is there some brand of more biodegradable trash bags that hip people are supposed to be using these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Storgar posted:

Huh. I was planning on using the drawers, because I like to keep a lot of office supplies (post-it notes, paper clips, stapler, etc) at my desk. I was holding off on deciding because the corner desk seemed to be the best option but I thought it might be a bit too small for me. I also do not like the fact that the hutch needs to lean against the wall to support itself (even if I was going to do that anyway)...

If you need drawers, Ikea sells lots of little rolling drawer units you could combine with the Galant.

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Amazon and the local shops seem to be really pushing the Simplehuman line of trash cans, but the reviews on them are actually kind of mixed, and they seem to deliberately design them to not work well with bags other than the SH-brand bags, which of course cost 5-10x what generic trashbags cost at the shop.

The only thing I know about Simplehuman is that they tend to have a particular sort of lid that closes slowly, instead of snapping down while you're still trying to put stuff in it or whatever. I do not care that much, but my boyfriend has strong feelings that they're better (he does not usually have strong feelings, so it's notable). I don't know about the bag situation, except I'm pretty sure the one my boyfriend's family has works fine with normal kitchen bags.

The major thing about kitchen trash is this: if it's plastic, it's going to absorb smells. Most of them have plastic inserts or liners, so you probably won't get away from that. Just be prepared to bleach it out semi-regularly to reduce smells.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

I'm buying a variety of new household stuff, having settled into a place more since I'm traveling less for work. Tired of using interim crap, I'm trying to carefully choose decent-quality, ergonomic, stylish stuff even for basic things like a toaster, can opener, etc. For whatever reason, I'm kind of hung up on the issue of what kitchen trash-can to get.

I'm looking for something small-ish, because I'm just one person and don't like leaving trash sitting any longer than necessary, so even a small one, like 30 liter, should do me fine. Like in this pic, or even a little smaller:

Is there some better option for a small kitchen trash can which is of reasonable quality and takes some type of generally affordable trash bag? Is there some brand of more biodegradable trash bags that hip people are supposed to be using these days?
I save my grocery bags for trash. I live alone, and I don't want to wait to fill a trash bag before taking it out. Simplehuman has a few different models designed to use grocery bags. If you have space under the sink, look for "simplehuman cabinet-mount grocery bag can with bag holder"; good reviews on Amazon.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

We use a large SimpleHuman trashcan for our kitchen and a small one for our bathroom. Both are great and we use normal trash bags/grocery bags for them. I love that the lid lowers slowly.

glompix posted:

The Post Your (Actual) Desktop thread would unanimously recommend the Galant, (or Jerker if you can find one used) and so would I. It's just a simple, sturdy desk with no real flaws. MY GIRLFRIEND got the Vika Amon (?) because it was cheaper (and was good enough at the time) but is now quickly looking to replace it with a Galant.

My only concern with a Galant is that it seems to waste a ton of space with no drawers.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Taking over my first load of stuff to the apartment today. And I have a decorating question.

I have these wooden masks, they're painted dark with horse hair for hair, brass plates around the eyes and red mouths.

My mom got them for me at some point because I have native background and thought they'd look really neat hanging up. I like them but I don't know about hanging them up.

The rooms in my apartment are medium brown (bedroom), pinkish red (studio/office room), neutral beige (kitchen) and light brown (livingroom) so naturally I think they'd suit the livingroom best or even the kitchen (bedroom too, but I don't want falseface masks staring at me while I sleep...lets be honest here).

Here are the masks:

and

They're neat for sure, but I'm wondering if putting them up will look...I dunno...cheesy?

I don't really have a decor style, I guess if I do, it's cutesy meets gothy (if that makes sense) but I'm trying to go for something maybe a little more elegant since this is the first place that's mine and nobody else's.

Thoughts? Should I put them up or leave them be? If I should put them up, which room should they go in? How should I arrange them.

I'm totally clueless. :ohdear:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I'd arrange them together, that way people will notice "hey, they're part of a set. That's pretty cool." rather than going "what's with all these loving masks in random areas?"

That said I think they'd look great hanging on a wall in the living room. They'd make a great conversation starter.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Put this one over the guest toilet. At eye level.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

ConfusedUs posted:

Put this one over the guest toilet. At eye level.

If possible, put it facing the guest toilet. In fact, see if you can put one one each wall of the bathroom. Bonus points if you can arrange it so that one is visible while in the shower.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Ashcans posted:

If possible, put it facing the guest toilet. In fact, see if you can put one one each wall of the bathroom. Bonus points if you can arrange it so that one is visible while in the shower.

Ironically my friend just brought me back a wall hanging with voodoo dolls (or so I'm told) on it from Bolivia. Was thinking of hanging that on the bathroom door!

I know it's culturally insensitive but it would be fun to excuse myself to the washroom by saying I was going to go do some voodoo.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
I am all for making the bathroom as awkward as possible. I will forever remember my first visit to a friend-of-a-friend's house. I asked about the restroom and they directed me to it, and told me to "say hi to Lord Farquaad!" Uh, okay?

When I sat down on the toilet I was greeted with a giant poster of this:

Just...staring.

One day I hope to make my own bathroom a place of such discomfort.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

RabbitMage posted:

I am all for making the bathroom as awkward as possible. I will forever remember my first visit to a friend-of-a-friend's house. I asked about the restroom and they directed me to it, and told me to "say hi to Lord Farquaad!" Uh, okay?

Just...staring.

That is hilarious. Since I'm living in a shared place right now, I couldn't awkward it up too much, save for a book by the toilet entitled 11002 Things To Be Miserable About.

My housemates already thought I was weird. Bwahaha.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Welp, I've got fleas in my apartment. I'm pretty sure I got them last Saturday from the stray kittens my parents picked up a month or so ago; I don't have any pets of my own. I'm moving out in 11 days and don't want to bring any with me into my new apartment. I did some research and it seems that I have to vacuum and apply borax powder to the carpets every day until they go away. Bug bombs seemed to be 50/50, with some people recommending them and others saying to stay away.

What's the best way of taking care of this? I just want them gone :(

Non-Player
Oct 27, 2007

RabbitMage posted:

I am all for making the bathroom as awkward as possible.

We have this poster from Burger King that we want to frame and hang above the toilet.

The one in the center. "Managing Your Meat." My boyfriend and I are giant children sometimes.

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011

Non-Player posted:

We have this poster from Burger King that we want to frame and hang above the toilet.

The one in the center. "Managing Your Meat." My boyfriend and I are giant children sometimes.

Wow, where can I get one of those? Googling for "Burger King poster" also reminds me that Burger King seems to have a history of running/trying to run unexpectedly racy ads. I like to think that their PR department is run by a bunch of 12 year olds. :mmmhmm:

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

Karthe posted:

Welp, I've got fleas in my apartment. I'm pretty sure I got them last Saturday from the stray kittens my parents picked up a month or so ago; I don't have any pets of my own. I'm moving out in 11 days and don't want to bring any with me into my new apartment. I did some research and it seems that I have to vacuum and apply borax powder to the carpets every day until they go away. Bug bombs seemed to be 50/50, with some people recommending them and others saying to stay away.

What's the best way of taking care of this? I just want them gone :(

I was just asking about this in PI and got linked to this document. The second half is about getting them out of your house and they seem to agree on the borax and vacuuming thing, plus steam cleaning or having an exterminator come if it's really bad.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
Diatomaceous earth is supposed to have a similar effect, but I'm not sure it's any cheaper than Borax. Without a good food source they should die out fairly quickly. If you're moving any soft furniture like a sofa or mattress, I would also borax/vacuum those as best you can.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Is there anything I can do to ensure I won't bring them with me when I move into my new apartment? I'm really paranoid that I'm going to get into my new place, unpack some boxes and a week later find myself infested with fleas.

Non-Player
Oct 27, 2007

Storgar posted:

Wow, where can I get one of those? Googling for "Burger King poster" also reminds me that Burger King seems to have a history of running/trying to run unexpectedly racy ads. I like to think that their PR department is run by a bunch of 12 year olds. :mmmhmm:

No idea, Boyfriend moved in with it. Try ebay?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

RabbitMage posted:

Just...staring.

Some friends of mine in Oakland have a life-size Legolas standee from a movie theater right next to the toilet.

It's great.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
Since we're doing this... a friend of mine used to have this:

I kind of miss it now that he's moved away and a different friend lives in the same apartment :(

e: oh he has a friend

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I had this image over my toilet for a year. I saw her every single day. It freaked the poo poo out of guests who had altered themselves in any way.

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 2, 2012

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Storgar posted:

They actually recently fired their PR firm (the ones that came up with The King) because they were marketing exclusively to man children, to the point of alienating women and other grownups.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
So, I took a good hard look at my finances, and with my unemployment ending in early November, it looks like I'm going to have to pull a Costanza and move back in with my parents. I'm thinking I could go as soon as the end of August, but more likely it'll be the end September.

I'd be staying in my parent's guest bedroom, so I have some furniture I'd have to store. My mattress would be the big one, it's almost 8 years old, but still in decent shape. I don't really want to get rid of it, but I also don't know if I could or should store it in their attic or workshop for a long period of time.

I also have a leather recliner, I wouldn't be very sad to part with it as I hardly use it, but since my couch isn't in good enough shape to keep, it would be nice to have when I move back out. I'm not sure though if they'd have a space for it either unfortunately.

At least my tables and chairs, and headboard should be easy enough to store, take the legs off and wrap 'em in plastic.

So, I'm 50/50 torn on if I should just get rid of the matress and recliner or if I should attempt to store them. On top of that, I don't even know how I could go about storing them.

I just have to keep telling myself I'll only be two hours from Baltimore. :smithicide:

Any advice?

squidtarts
May 26, 2005

I think women are intimidated by me because I have mean cartoon eyebrows.
Unless you're certain that you'll be back out on your own again soon, I'd say let em go. I hung on to my furniture when I moved back in with my mom, and 5 years later it's still sitting in her garage because I didn't need it when I moved out. It's not hard to get new furniture later.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I'd get rid of that mattress. 8-10 years is the life of a mattress, so probably as good a time as any to ditch it.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
I thought it was longer than that? I can't remember how old mine is...it's at least seven years old and seems to be in good shape. I was thinking of getting a new one and upgrading to a queen size bed when I move next year, but it seemed silly to get rid of a perfectly good mattress.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Mattress Firm is advertising that you should replace your mattress every 8 years, Sleep Number says that that their mattresses last twice as long as regular mattress (20 years vs 10) but cost about the same, so I guess that's all I have to go off.

Unless the mattress is exceptional I'd still say it's probably not worth it.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

FISHMANPET posted:

Mattress Firm is advertising that you should replace your mattress every 8 years, Sleep Number says that that their mattresses last twice as long as regular mattress (20 years vs 10) but cost about the same, so I guess that's all I have to go off.

Unless the mattress is exceptional I'd still say it's probably not worth it.

Of course a mattress store would tell you to chuck your mattress every few years.

If it's still comfortable, not stained, doesn't smell, and doesn't have bugs...why would you get rid of it?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ConfusedUs posted:

Of course a mattress store would tell you to chuck your mattress every few years.

If it's still comfortable, not stained, doesn't smell, and doesn't have bugs...why would you get rid of it?

Yeah, that's pretty much my logic, I'm guessing mattress bag with a really good duct-tape seal would be the best way to handle it. I'm just concerned about storing these things in an uninsulated building, and I'm not really sure if there is room for it.

I haven't had a chance to discuss these things with my family yet as there's been a funeral going on this weekend and I can't get a hold of anyone. They might not have room for it with my dresser and table and chairs. They did tell me that I could live with them right after I got laid off, so I know I can, it's just the logistics of it all.

This is all very stressful.

Feb 9, 2007
I have a roommate question and I don't think it warrants its own thread.

My roommate keeps turning the AC off in the middle of the afternoon while it's 100+ degrees outside. This causes our house to get to around ~85 degrees internally (according to our thermostat). He turns the AC on only when he is in the house and the electricity account is in his name. This doesn't work because it's already 83+ loving degrees in the house so it just wastes power.

It's gotten to the point where I am about to punch this fucker in the face. I work a 60hr a week job and cannot keep waking up in pools of my own sweat in the night. Can I just not pay this fucker for my "share" of the AC bill? The account is in his name and I am about to move out (and never see this disgusting fat gently caress again).

The way I see it is a reasonable person would agree that it's hot as gently caress in our house during triple digit heat summers. The AC account is in his name so I am not contractually bound to pay him (there was no explicit verbal agreement either). His turning off the AC is causing me pain, suffering, and also affecting my job (I cannot work if I cannot sleep because it's too hot).

I am willing to loving drag his rear end through small claims court if needed. I'm planning to move out very very soon so I never have to see him again.

What should I do? I hate to be the rear end in a top hat here but I can't live like this any more. My present stance is just not to pay him and ignore him after I move out in a week.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Have you tried talking to him?

Feb 9, 2007

Xandu posted:

Have you tried talking to him?

Yes. He will not answer any questions because he is EXTREMELY passive aggressive. I explained to him a month, and then again two weeks back, that I can't work if I'm waking up in pools of my own sweat. I offered to compromise by picking a temperature to keep the place at -- to which he just mumbled some poo poo. I pressed him further, asking for a straight answer and he just kept trying to make excuses. On the most recent occasion in which I confronted him I offered to pay half or more of the bill (thereby eliminating any economic issues here since this is a big house with much more than just two roommates). All of my roommates agreed that this issue has gotten out of control.

I could live with the dude doing all kinds of gross or horribly wasteful things (which he continues to do after living in this place for about 3 years before I came here), but when he directly impacts my job performance at my first professional job because I'm falling asleep in front of a machine that could blow up the loving factory if I pressed the wrong button, I draw the god drat line.

To resolve this solution I have decided to move all my poo poo into a temporary storage unit and live out my car and office and gym for around 10 days. It really sucks but I can't think of any way to get out of this horrible situation until my new lease starts (I already decided I cannot live this guy again). I would love to knock him out but I know that is not the answer and we have laws that very much discourage that behavior.

Temporarily, can any of you recommend any possible actions I can take? It will take me around 5 days to get my stuff completely stored away. However, I'm just so tired and so loving sick of this poo poo that I don't want to escalate the situation right now beyond what it already is.

Also, am I legally bound to pay his bill? If anymore info is needed to answer this question I will happily provide it. I hate to say it but I think the only way to let this guy know I mean business is to not pay him. Then he can't buy weed (which he is an addict to and spends all his money on).

I would call the cops on the house but I don't want to get busted indirectly because I simply live at this dwelling. I don't have any weed and threw away all my paraphernalia that I used to own a long time ago when I started a professional career. IMO this guy needs drug intervention (and that's coming from a former recreational drug using enthusiast) because he can't take care of his poo poo while he wake and bakes every loving day.

I've never had a roommate who liked to live in sweltering humid heat who can't loving talk to me directly.

I apologize for this juvenile post; I just don't know what to do. I'm very close to getting out of this lovely living situation but I still have to live with it during a very important period of my professional career.

Edit: For reference, I lived in a house that is very similar to the one I am in now with only one roommate and we never had this issue. When the thermostat read 85+ degrees (F) it was really around 90 in the house. We both agreed to try and keep the AC off during the summer and sweat it out. That lasted about a week until we both agreed that it was just too loving hot. I've never had such a difficult communication problem with this guy. If he would loving talk to me then maybe we could get somewhere and possibly I would be renewing my lease at a place that I love to live at.

My home is my temple. It has been violated due to college living styles (even though my roommates aren't in and/or didn't graduate college). I was able to take it for a year. But when I saw the chance to get out of this living situation I jumped on it and now am getting raped by rent for a 1 bedroom place.

I've done the dorm thing, the one roommate thing a couple times, and since lived with up to 4 roommates. I can't take it anymore.

If anyone has any advice as to how I can best deal with being homeless for several days between leases I would greatly appreciate it. The best thing I can think of is temporary storage to keep my poo poo in and live out of my car for around 10 days until I move into my own place. Bridges are being burned very quickly with a lot of people I used to live with and it loving sucks. This has lead to me being basically friendless until some people I know move in also. It really loving sucks losing friends over stupid poo poo. Our living arrangement worked for half a year but then it fell apart due to personal conflicts. Now that I decided to leave things just seem to get worse and worse.

023842379 fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 5, 2012

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
Look, it's ten more days. You've dealt with this poo poo all summer. Deal with it for another 10 days. As for not paying your rent, no. That would be incredibly stupid. Just let it lie. You're almost out, and you're not going to get anything out of your proposed reactions other than more drama and headaches.

Also, CALM THE gently caress DOWN. From the last paragraph I'm guessing you've got some social issues of your own to deal with. You need to reassess how you interact with others, if you're really rapidly burning bridges. Part of becoming an adult and a professional is learning to deal with anger and frustration in a reasonable manner.

One thing that helps to stay cool is to make your bed into a fan tent. Those words make no sense, I know. What you do is take the topsheet of your bed and tuck it in around all the sides and end if it isn't already. Then make a gap at the end. In that gap, put a fan. Secure it to the sheets using binder clips or whatever you have around, leaving some more gap next to it for you to crawl into. The fan inflates the sheet and creates an incredibly comfortable little air fort for you. It's a little awkward getting in and out but it's seriously effective, as stupid as it sounds.

Feb 9, 2007

Eggplant Wizard posted:

Look, it's ten more days. You've dealt with this poo poo all summer. Deal with it for another 10 days. As for not paying your rent, no. That would be incredibly stupid. Just let it lie. You're almost out, and you're not going to get anything out of your proposed reactions other than more drama and headaches.

Also, CALM THE gently caress DOWN. From the last paragraph I'm guessing you've got some social issues of your own to deal with. You need to reassess how you interact with others, if you're really rapidly burning bridges. Part of becoming an adult and a professional is learning to deal with anger and frustration in a reasonable manner.

One thing that helps to stay cool is to make your bed into a fan tent. Those words make no sense, I know. What you do is take the topsheet of your bed and tuck it in around all the sides and end if it isn't already. Then make a gap at the end. In that gap, put a fan. Secure it to the sheets using binder clips or whatever you have around, leaving some more gap next to it for you to crawl into. The fan inflates the sheet and creates an incredibly comfortable little air fort for you. It's a little awkward getting in and out but it's seriously effective, as stupid as it sounds.

Thanks for the advice! After I typed my post I realized that at this point I should just man the gently caress up and just deal with this poo poo until I can get away from it.

I do have social issues; however, the current issues at hand are more financial issues with kids who are 25+ and still don't know how to balance their checkbook (long story) or pay people correctly (as in don't give money orders in advance to strangers who you think might maybe lease you a house).

I will try this bed fan tent thing out. It seems pretty cool and a better solution than sleeping on my floor with a fan blasting in my face.

Things can just get really heated when you've been living with multiple people and some of them can't hold a conversation which makes working things out hard.

My final question is can I legally not pay someone for a bill which is in their name?

I'm sorry for being stubborn on this but I'm willing to not pay and then take anyone to court. I've worked very hard to finally get paid well and I finally have the ability to hire a lawyer and/or go to court without hurting my finances much. It would suck but I've been very angry at this one dude for a long time, especially after I caught him not accurately allocating bill liabilities, and I would like to financially punch him in the nuts.

Also, this thread has been very helpful and I finally have been able to get out of a bad living situation and will be living on my own now. I know that comes with responsibilities and actions I need to take (eg being more social) but I really do feel I am ready to live on my own and have signed a lease for a great place.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

023842379 posted:

My final question is can I legally not pay someone for a bill which is in their name?

I'm sorry for being stubborn on this but I'm willing to not pay and then take anyone to court. I've worked very hard to finally get paid well and I finally have the ability to hire a lawyer and/or go to court without hurting my finances much. It would suck but I've been very angry at this one dude for a long time, especially after I caught him not accurately allocating bill liabilities, and I would like to financially punch him in the nuts.

Just so long as you know you're heading for court, and you're also not going to win. For the rest, ask in the legal questions thread and be sure to include your state and probably your city.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Some thoughts on my recent move...

1) OMG just rent a truck. Yes, you can probably move with a decent sized car if you have a few weeks. And you can do it with one or two people. That's what I did. But you just can't fit that much stuff in. One more trip with the car and you get a little more stuff. One more trip with a truck and you can take everything that's left. Stupid. Only makes sense if your time isn't worth much to you.

2) Wow, it is hard to get rid of couches nowadays. Or anything that can't fit in a car / SUV. Poor people who want free stuff can't move it. Probably works better where poor people have pickup trucks, but that isn't here. I now know how to destroy a couch though, so that's a life lesson.

3) OTOH, it's easy to get rid of mattresses. I mean, they won't pay much for them, but they'll definitely take them for free.

4 People on craiglist are terrible and don't respond to emails.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

smackfu posted:

4 People on craiglist are terrible and don't respond to emails.

The ones who set up a time to meet to get whatever you're selling/giving away (and therefore make you turn away other interested parties) then never show up are worse.

Meeper
Jan 1, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, that's pretty much my logic, I'm guessing mattress bag with a really good duct-tape seal would be the best way to handle it. I'm just concerned about storing these things in an uninsulated building, and I'm not really sure if there is room for it.

Are you in a cold environment or hot environment? Humid or dry? If it's going to approach humid or hot at all, do NOT use a mattress bag, the condensation on the inside of the bag will lead incredibly quickly to mold growth. When we store mattresses, we just wrap them in our storage blankets.

Pacifica
Apr 9, 2012
When I open my new apartment window (moved in two weeks ago), flies come in like no-ones business.

It's not like I have open garbage or left food on the side, so is there anything I might have overlooked or anything I can do to get rid of them aside from buying one of those lights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.
Get a screen for your window? Close the window? They're flies, they go wherever.