Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Some crazy good deal at Amazon.co.uk at the moment:

Lighthouse Island 50% off (bought this one)
Hillside House 40% off
Some Technic Truck 46% off
Alien Mothership 50% off (bought this one)

http://brickbadger.com/region/UK for all of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
We rearranged the office last weekend, which has inspired me to present "what happens when you suddenly get a job after being in school for 7 years", or alternate title "the lighting in my office is terrible"

I don't want to clutter up the thread too much, so the rest are in this album

http://imgur.com/a/NL9lj

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

My Team GB figs arrived today! Thank you again Pyro!

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Dogen posted:

We rearranged the office last weekend, which has inspired me to present "what happens when you suddenly get a job after being in school for 7 years", or alternate title "the lighting in my office is terrible"

I don't want to clutter up the thread too much, so the rest are in this album

http://imgur.com/a/NL9lj

Is that IKEA? That's the exact shelf we were planning on getting for that exact purpose. :v::hf::v:

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

rickiep00h posted:

Is that IKEA? That's the exact shelf we were planning on getting for that exact purpose. :v::hf::v:

EXPEDIT represent :hfive: (except I use mine to store my records)

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Aye we replaced our lovely Billy shelves when we moved into this place. DVD and blu ray were moved to the bottom shelves for better display of Legos up top. Works pretty well for small playsets and medium vehicles, but the quinjet doesn't fit for instance.

If you look at the album you'll see most of Harry Potter 2010-2011 sets spread over the top of of two 2x2 expedits, which is great compared to where LotR sets are relegated to. Figure we'll probably get more expedits when we get a house in a year or two.

Highly recommended! They are super sturdy.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Hey I like my 8' Billy shelf. I just only have one and the bottom three shelves are books and I can't fit my super star destroyer on it... :(

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Are there any "third party" companies/people who do glow-in-the-dark pieces? I was kind of hoping to actually make my new polybag ghost 100% glow in the dark (except for the black head), so I'd need to replace the stuff like the hands, arms, torso, and the 2x1 brick that makes up his legs with glow-in-the-dark versions (if they exist). Is this at all doable?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Xenomrph posted:

Are there any "third party" companies/people who do glow-in-the-dark pieces? I was kind of hoping to actually make my new polybag ghost 100% glow in the dark (except for the black head), so I'd need to replace the stuff like the hands, arms, torso, and the 2x1 brick that makes up his legs with glow-in-the-dark versions (if they exist). Is this at all doable?

I don't think any of the third-party producers make body parts of any sort.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Pyroclastic posted:

I don't think any of the third-party producers make body parts of any sort.

Just to clarify, some 3rd party producers do make body parts (custom hair and torsos, etc...). But I haven't seen an glow in the dark parts.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Lizard Combatant posted:

Just to clarify, some 3rd party producers do make body parts (custom hair and torsos, etc...). But I haven't seen an glow in the dark parts.

Do they actually make the torsos? I know some of them will take Lego-produced ones and add custom printing.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Pyroclastic posted:

Do they actually make the torsos? I know some of them will take Lego-produced ones and add custom printing.

Yup, there's a company that makes custom female torsos that curve inwards at the waist. They're ridiculously expensive and I'm not sure if I like the look of them (I prefer the Lego printed method) but the quality of the plastic is excellent. Arealight I think? I can't remember the name exactly but Google should find it.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Lizard Combatant posted:

Yup, there's a company that makes custom female torsos that curve inwards at the waist. They're ridiculously expensive and I'm not sure if I like the look of them (I prefer the Lego printed method) but the quality of the plastic is excellent. Arealight I think? I can't remember the name exactly but Google should find it.

Ah, yup, http://www.arealightcustoms.com . $2.50 for the 'curved' torsos, which appear to be identical to normal torsos except for a tiny notch taken out of the waist.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

There's also those "crazy arms" that stick out from the torso at about a 90 degree angle.

General Specific
Jun 22, 2007

I had one of those, but the front wheel fell off and I had to get rid of it.

Pyroclastic posted:

Ah, yup, http://www.arealightcustoms.com . $2.50 for the 'curved' torsos, which appear to be identical to normal torsos except for a tiny notch taken out of the waist.

They actually stick out a bit above the legs, making the minifigs look like they have a muffin top:

(this was the only picture on the site that showed the parts actually in use)

InsanityRocks
Oct 28, 2006
I'm a rocker . . I'm a roller too baby!
Where's the best place to sell Lego online, I have a few sets that I picked up and decided I didn't want any more and also have a ton of the sun Lego sets I picked up extras of last year, could just keep for parts but wouldn't mind making an extra few quid

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

General Specific posted:

They actually stick out a bit above the legs, making the minifigs look like they have a muffin top:

(this was the only picture on the site that showed the parts actually in use)

If they were going to go to that much trouble, why not make a new pelvis with a single stud that can allow the torso to rotate horizontally, and also allow the waist to be thinner and not look so amateur? They could sell the new torso and pelvis together for $5 and customizers would eat them up.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Amazon.de has both the new large technic sets on sale, I probably won't buy a second of either but maybe someone wants em.
Fake edit: who am I kidding, my poor bank account.

Havn't yet had time to build the crawler, the helicoptor has multiple ingenenius mechanisms.

Ika fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 7, 2012

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Are nanoblocks welcome in here :ohdear:

It started with one, now there's many, with more on the way :3:

E: Fixed emote.

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 8, 2012

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

SaNChEzZ posted:

Are nanoblocks welcome in here :ohdear:

The only approved emoticon for nanoblocks is :3:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I saw the Nanoblocks space shuttle set at Toys R Us and said "wow that looks pretty cool, holy crap it's like 500 pieces" and then I saw that it was $25 and put it back on the shelf. For a little bit more I could get the Lego space shuttle and probably be a whole lot more satisfied with it.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I have a couple of nanoblocks animals that I got as a gift and they are kinda neat but holy gently caress are they hard to put together. The pieces just don't lock and hold like Lego bricks do at all.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Just got back with the new Recycling Truck and Big Rig Tow-Truck. Going to put on a Giant Bomb podcast, get some Barqs and Cool Ranch Doritos, and just geek out for a couple of hours.

This is gonna be so good, I might need a cigarette after.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I have a nanoblocks grand piano and it is classy as hell. Too bad I lost the little stand that holds up the piano's top up.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

InsanityRocks posted:

Where's the best place to sell Lego online, I have a few sets that I picked up and decided I didn't want any more and also have a ton of the sun Lego sets I picked up extras of last year, could just keep for parts but wouldn't mind making an extra few quid

I might be interested in the sun sets but I'm in the states so it might not be worth it to ship.

thegoat
Jan 26, 2004

Gravy Jones posted:

Lord of the Rings, Ghost and Friends ones are going to go drat fast. At least they're almost certainly weekend ones so looks like I'm getting up early and queueing and/or rioting.

p.s.

What is this and where can I buy it ?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Isn't that the christmas 2012 set? Probably will be out in a couple of months on legoshop, and depending on region in some retailers.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ignimbrite posted:

I have a nanoblocks grand piano and it is classy as hell. Too bad I lost the little stand that holds up the piano's top up.
Yeah, but a Lego Grand Piano build would probably be classier!

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002
Any goons in Central London should come visit me at the giant world map Lego mural on the Southbank. Aside from it being super impressive I will hook you up with free City and Atlantis Brickmaster books.

From 12 tomorrow until around 4. Ideal lunch break excursion.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Mega bloks got exiled from the lego aisle of my Target with the new shipment of summer sets. Huzzah! A whole aisle of lego purity!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

MichaelFlatley posted:

Any goons in Central London should come visit me at the giant world map Lego mural on the Southbank. Aside from it being super impressive I will hook you up with free City and Atlantis Brickmaster books.

From 12 tomorrow until around 4. Ideal lunch break excursion.

Nnngn, at work then.. :(

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Any idea when we're supposed to get series 8?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Toys R Us has the Thor polybag sets, $4.99 or free if you buy $20 worth of LEGO.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

The Rage posted:

Toys R Us has the Thor polybag sets, $4.99 or free if you buy $20 worth of LEGO.

Not available for shipping :( anyone willing to pick one up for me?

Also, if someone could tell me where I can get one of the Lotr polybags that would be good too.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

InsanityRocks posted:

I'm still interested in the Sun sets mate, I sent you a reply after you got back from the festival but haven't heard back, not sure if you got my email.

Drop me an email davebeat at gmail.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Adregan posted:

Not available for shipping :( anyone willing to pick one up for me?

Also, if someone could tell me where I can get one of the Lotr polybags that would be good too.
Is that the one with Frodo and the beer keg and whatnot? I just saw that at TRU today not 20 minutes ago.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I hope those polybags come out in the UK, I'd quite like a Thor and Cosmic Cube but don't really want any of the actual big movie sets. Preferring the DC Lego stuff so far. They've got to be thinking of doing a minifig line for the superhero stuff right? They'd make so much money.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

thebardyspoon posted:

I hope those polybags come out in the UK, I'd quite like a Thor and Cosmic Cube but don't really want any of the actual big movie sets. Preferring the DC Lego stuff so far. They've got to be thinking of doing a minifig line for the superhero stuff right? They'd make so much money.

I have a feeling that's like their Star Wars license agreement: they have a building-toy license to make stuff from Marvel and DC, not an action-figure license, so they can't do a minifigures-only product.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah that probably is the case, that Thor set is practically a minifig set though. Tey'd just have to contrive some sort of small prop or vehicle for each figure, sell it for the same price or maybe a little more than that's going for cause it might need a box and then boom, raking it in. You could get a phone booth with Superman, a Batsignal with Batman, the Cosmic Treadmill with Flash, a block of ice with space for Captain America inside and so on. That's what I bet kids really want, the figures to play with in their city builds and spaceship stuff.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I'm burnt out by Collectible Minifigs. Slow down LEGO!!!