Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diospace
Apr 27, 2012
More about 1/100 MG Aegis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Diospace posted:

More about 1/100 MG Aegis

:swoon: Time to replace the old 1/100 robosquid that's been chilling here at my computer desk since SEED was airing on TV...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-144-G002-M...=item3379ba9979

For anyone interested: 1/144 Sazabi EVO version.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
That's no Zaku, boy :colbert:

Also, that looks like a heat scimitar or sabre, which is super awesome.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

I still prefer gouf with his awesome heat rod, but its a good picture nonetheless

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

TaurusOxford posted:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-144-G002-M...=item3379ba9979

For anyone interested: 1/144 Sazabi EVO version.

Would the instructions on this be as easy to follow as official bandai ones? And would it look about as good without painting and stuff?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rakugoon posted:

Would the instructions on this be as easy to follow as official bandai ones? And would it look about as good without painting and stuff?

http://gundamcentral.weebly.com/sazabi.html

The pictures here show some pages from the manual and the model with just panel lining done to it. I've bought Gogo Model's Hi-Nu EVO kit and the manual in that was just as good as Bandai's manuals. The only painting you would have to do is paint the yellow on the black Zeon parts for the chest/arms/knees. The kit also comes with optional parts so you don't even need to use to black parts if you want a properly colored Sazabi.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
In slightly related news, this is apparently a thing now.
http://youtu.be/29MD29ekoKI

It looks like a Dom and a Tachikoma had babies.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

mikeycp posted:

In slightly related news, this is apparently a thing now.
http://youtu.be/29MD29ekoKI

It looks like a Dom and a Tachikoma had babies.

That's a fuckin' first gen Armored Core.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Here's the operation manual video

SMILE SHOT!!

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Son of a bitch! I just snapped one of the pieces of the torso of my MG V Dash, it's fixable (I think) but getting it absolutely right is going to be a total nightmare and it's one of the parts I have to fiddle if I want to separate it into the fighters so I need it to be solid. Anyone know a way to get replacement parts in the UK without it being stupidly expensive?
So pissed off that I did this.

e: gently caress! Had a closer inspection and that's not the only damage to the part, I also snapped off a tiny peg which is in another piece, that is going to be a complete bitch to fix.

e2: VVVVV This has made me decide to definitely put off getting any further combining kits for a while (only ones I can think of that I could see myself getting right now are the Force and Sword Impulses and I'm currently eyeing up the MG Destiny and HG Arios anyway). All bets are off if they bring out a MG V2 Assault Buster though, god drat that's going to be a finicky kit but I must have one.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 3, 2012

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

^ poo poo like that is why I refuse to get the victory mg, even though I love the design.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its more the fault of the V gundam than anything's transforming abilities. I almost feel like the V gundam was their first attempt at making a RG. They gave up and said "good enough let try again in a few years."
I have the Impulse and its pretty solid. Its just a 1/100 no grade with no small parts

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Fauxtool posted:

Its more the fault of the V gundam than anything's transforming abilities. I almost feel like the V gundam was their first attempt at making a RG. They gave up and said "good enough let try again in a few years."

Wouldn't shock me, it's probably more to do with the smaller size (that's bandai's officially stated reason for the MG V2 taking so long isn't it?), there're a few niggles I'm having with the V gundam so far in my construction. The joints where the upper arms can rotate are terrible so I can barely adjust the arms without them falling off and the hip joints are a complete nightmare at times. I think I'm just going to finish getting all the parts together, make it as a V Dash Hexa, mount as much weaponary as it can carry at once, pose it on an action base then never move it again. Still a nice kit and the good outweighs the bad for me (I have a massive robo crush on the overhang cannons and the waist mounted beam cannons).

Bit worried about how well the arms will be able to support the beam smart gun and chaingun what with the aforementioned joints, need to figure some way short of super glue to make rotational joints like those a bit firmer.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ActionZero posted:

Wouldn't shock me, it's probably more to do with the smaller size (that's bandai's officially stated reason for the MG V2 taking so long isn't it?), there're a few niggles I'm having with the V gundam so far in my construction. The joints where the upper arms can rotate are terrible so I can barely adjust the arms without them falling off and the hip joints are a complete nightmare at times. I think I'm just going to finish getting all the parts together, make it as a V Dash Hexa, mount as much weaponary as it can carry at once, pose it on an action base then never move it again. Still a nice kit and the good outweighs the bad for me (I have a massive robo crush on the overhang cannons and the waist mounted beam cannons).

Bit worried about how well the arms will be able to support the beam smart gun and chaingun what with the aforementioned joints, need to figure some way short of super glue to make rotational joints like those a bit firmer.

I plastic glued extra plastic on and then sanded of the excess to make the joints a little bit bigger.

Dont expect much posing without glue

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
AMIAMI arrived today with a gundam shipment

Very nice packaging as usual

Woop there it is

If you have any questions or want me to open one lemme know.
I was on the fence about buying some of them, but seeing them in person really validates the purchase.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Fauxtool posted:

Woop there it is

I was on the fence about buying some of them, but seeing them in person really validates the purchase.

I'm a big fan of the MG Red Astray, let me know how the Blue Astray is.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I got my Figma Samus Aran figure in the mail today. I'm so glad I pre-ordered this when it was first announced, especially since the prices on ebay have soared. It's a great figure. :)

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Strike Witches :catstare:

Lightning Saix makes up for it, post some rad pictures of that mother once it's built.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kitfox88 posted:

Strike Witches :catstare:

Lightning Saix makes up for it, post some rad pictures of that mother once it's built.

I'll have you know that I already sold it at a 50% markup on craigslist.
Reselling terrible figures is how I recoup shipping costs.

Does anyone want to buy a HMM Liger Zero and Schneider armor kit?
I picked up an extra set somewhere.

Im also open for trades, nendos, figmas, gunpla, scaled figures, anything really.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Dear poo poo, it's like you have a loving business going there. Buy low, sell high, make a profit as the middle man.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kurui Reiten posted:

Dear poo poo, it's like you have a loving business going there. Buy low, sell high, make a profit as the middle man.

It's more like a crack dealer that uses his own product. I might make money, but I always come out behind when I keep the really cool stuff

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
What's the suit in between the two Astrays? All I can see in that image is the ends of the guns about to fire.

Also, that's a genius idea, what terrible figures do you usually get the best deal/markup on?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nasgate posted:

What's the suit in between the two Astrays? All I can see in that image is the ends of the guns about to fire.

Also, that's a genius idea, what terrible figures do you usually get the best deal/markup on?

Its a MG duel from SEED

Any special edition Hatsune Miku will sell for at least double 6 months after release. Just get it from a reputable manufacturer.
Every strike witch Nendo, figma or alter figure will sell for a 50% markup. They dont seem to do re-releases and people just have to get the whole set.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-6677&page=top
this will easily sell for 120.00 next june

You just gotta know the fanbase for some of them
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-5295&page=top
this one will sell

this one wont because they release too often and not all the characters are popular
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-5645&page=top

The touhou figures by Griffon are all easy choices.
Everything new by orchidseed is also good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fauxtool posted:

I'll have you know that I already sold it at a 50% markup on craigslist.
Reselling terrible figures is how I recoup shipping costs.

Does anyone want to buy a HMM Liger Zero and Schneider armor kit?
I picked up an extra set somewhere.

Im also open for trades, nendos, figmas, gunpla, scaled figures, anything really.

Do they have to be sealed, or what sort of condition are you looking for here? I've got a box of random built gunpla, a PG Wing Zero Custom, old MG Zaku/RX-78, some other crap.

Bunch of pictures and full list in this here (now apparently archived) thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3481185

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Invictus posted:

Do they have to be sealed, or what sort of condition are you looking for here? I've got a box of random built gunpla, a PG Wing Zero Custom, old MG Zaku/RX-78, some other crap.

Bunch of pictures and full list in this here (now apparently archived) thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3481185

I dont have archives. They dont need to be sealed, but they would have to be unbuilt

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nevermind then

Diospace
Apr 27, 2012

Fauxtool posted:

Woop there it is

Yeah!, another zoids fans. I have a Liger zero too, but it was Shcneider(Orange one)and still waiting for my Berserk Fury arrive.I will post them once i got them.

Diospace fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Aug 9, 2012

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I bought an HGUC Char's Z'Gok today. Started working on the leg, since I just pulled out a runner and started panel lining a piece. I'm really into the engineering that goes into these things, so, that said, the ankles on this thing are awesome!

I also got an HGUC 08th MS Team Gouf Custom.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Real Grade Zeta Gundam is coming boys and girls.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Aug 9, 2012

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ahahaha oh man that is, that's going to be something. If that thing transforms I am sure every joint in it is going to break when you try to do it.

Lostconfused fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 9, 2012

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I thought they'd only recently got real grades to not fall apart at the drop of a hat, and now they're making a Zeta? That's going to be hilarious.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
You know, you say that, but I have had no problems with my Real Grade Char's Zaku II, and that was, what, the second release period? The latest Mk. II kit itself is a marvel of engineering as well. I honestly think that with the preassembled inner frame design, you're looking at a potentially stronger, more durable and posable transforming model kit.

Not to say Bandai can't or won't completely drop the ball (they have many times before), but my experiences with the Real Grade line so far have been pretty positive.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I must be one of the few who prefer partformers over transformable suits, transformable suits are paint scratching nightmares.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
And this happens just after I buy myself the HG Zeta.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Monaghan posted:

I must be one of the few who prefer partformers over transformable suits, transformable suits are paint scratching nightmares.

I guess my thing is I don't really consider the Real Grade line a painting line for me personally. The parts are all too small and easily lost for me to really even think about wanting to go that route, and then there's the issue with inner frames already being pre-assembled but with sliding or moving parts. Plus the Real Grade line is pretty insane about the fact that not only is every piece already molded in its proper color, but it goes out of its way to divide the panels up into multiple shades of the same color.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Mecha Gojira posted:

but I have had no problems with my Real Grade Char's Zaku II, and that was, what, the second release period

Well that was just a down scaled MG Zaku II.

The most recent Zeta master grade has less articulation and is stiffer than other MG kits and at the same time it's incredibly flimsy when you try to transform it.

I more worried about Zeta's design than the overall quality of the RG line. Anaheim Electronics desperately trying to make a mass produced Zeta variant is an analogue for Bandai trying to figure out how they are going to turn Zeta into a profitable model kit.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Mecha Gojira posted:

I guess my thing is I don't really consider the Real Grade line a painting line for me personally. The parts are all too small and easily lost for me to really even think about wanting to go that route, and then there's the issue with inner frames already being pre-assembled but with sliding or moving parts. Plus the Real Grade line is pretty insane about the fact that not only is every piece already molded in its proper color, but it goes out of its way to divide the panels up into multiple shades of the same color.

I paint all my kits no matter the grade, be it perfect grade, master grade whatever. I'm going to start on my rg freedom after I finish my mg epyon, so I'll see how it holds up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

RG Zeta in the flesh.

• Locked thread