Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I really liked this episode. The banter was great and I had zero problems with Peretti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Yeah but you like Lost in Translation so much you paid $5 to tell everyone on an internet forum that you like it so much, so let's be real here when it comes to intensely annoying people and delightful, hilarious stand up comediennes.

Politicalrancor posted:

man you must be a real fun person to be around

e: and auughh my DLM season 3 download got deleted. I am not a happy camper.

You are terrible human beings with defective opinions and you will burn in hell for your transgressions against comedy and human nature. I sincerely hope you get trampled by elephants.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Chelsea "Chaz Palmanteri" Peretti is awesome.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Anybody who doesn't like Chelsea Peretti probably just doesn't like comedy and should give up now.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

reflir posted:

You are terrible human beings with defective opinions and you will burn in hell for your transgressions against comedy and human nature. I sincerely hope you get trampled by elephants.

I said you must be a fun person to be around? what's wrong with that?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

I said you must be a fun person to be around? what's wrong with that?

He's trying to refute your claim.

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Conduit for Sale! posted:

He's trying to refute your claim.

Chelsea, is that you?

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

reflir posted:

Chelsea, is that you?

Please get cancer and die.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Mods please change thread title to "As Always, Reflir is a shithead"

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

I think you're going to have to win this one by yourself. Too bad it's not going to happen, because your sense of humor is so bad flowers wither and pregnant women miscarry when you walk past.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

reflir posted:

Please get cancer and die.

That's a harsh thing to wish on yourself, man :( Are you OK? Do you wanna talk?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

reflir posted:

I think you're going to have to win this one by yourself. Too bad it's not going to happen, because your sense of humor is so bad flowers wither and pregnant women miscarry when you walk past.

Chelsea Peretti's really funny + you're being really unfunny and lame about this.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

OK Reflir Tosh, you're super hilarious and edgy :rolleye:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I thought Chelsea was great, just as she's great every time she guests on Comedy Bang Bang.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I don't know what you guys are bitching about, reflir is right

...j/k

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
I though Chelesea was garbage. And what I mean was that it was like the band Garbage, so actually really great.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

...Wait, I'm confused. Am I still allowed to like both Chelsea Peretti and Lost in Translation?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

NienNunb posted:

...Wait, I'm confused. Am I still allowed to like both Chelsea Peretti and Lost in Translation?

Nope, I used to like both but I was forced to choose one or the other under penalty of law. I chose Peretti, mostly because I haven't seen Lost in Translation since it came out.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Cedar Point is kewl. Have fun Doug.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Mogambo posted:

I though Chelesea was garbage. And what I mean was that it was like the band Garbage, so actually really great.

No, Chelsea is terrible, like the band Terrible, that Steve Albini was in. They're really good.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Steve Albini wasn't in a band called Terrible. :argh:

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Steve Albini wasn't in a band called Terrible. :argh:

You've listened to CBB for multiple episodes and factual inaccuracies still bother you?

Also this CBB-DLM bleed over is getting bad

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
For what does CBB stand, pray tell? A podcast to which I should already be listening, I presume. :chord:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I'm assuming "Comedy Bang-Bang" and other than Chelsea Peretti being a guest on both shows recently I don't know what bleed-over you're talking about. Plus even when the guests are the same the vibe is totally different on each show.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Binowru posted:

I'm assuming "Comedy Bang-Bang" and other than Chelsea Peretti being a guest on both shows recently I don't know what bleed-over you're talking about. Plus even when the guests are the same the vibe is totally different on each show.

I was talking specifically about this thread, with me and mogambo goofing around using quotes from Farts and Procreation 2

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

You've listened to CBB for multiple episodes and factual inaccuracies still bother you?

YES, DAMMIT.

Not really, but how hard is it to remember Big Black Rapeman Shellac? Someone I knew once said that Albini's 3rd band should've been called Coming Through Your Window, and I agree.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

YES, DAMMIT.

Not really, but how hard is it to remember Big Black Rapeman Shellac? Someone I knew once said that Albini's 3rd band should've been called Coming Through Your Window, and I agree.

too true mon frere

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

My name is Gato/I have metal joints/Beat me up/And earn fifteen silver points!
If you had to pick an episode of DLM to play for a friend to get them into it, which one would you choose?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

icicle bob posted:

If you had to pick an episode of DLM to play for a friend to get them into it, which one would you choose?

I would say the recent Tom Lennon, Rob Huebel and Kumail Nanjiani episode. The one with Anna Kendrick, Nick Kroll and Garfunel & Oates was good too. There doesn't seem to be a lot of choice in "great" episodes out of the eps that haven't been archived. My personal favorite episode of recent memory was the one with Greg Proops, Chris Hardwick, Tom Lennon and Samm Levine. It's archived now I'm pretty sure, which I think means you have to pay for it? I dunno, it could just be some weird thing with the show's rss feed since I don't use iTunes.

If they like Simon Pegg and/or Edgar Wright (or their movies), the one with them and Kate Miccuci would be good. The one with Zach Galifianakis, Rachael Harris, Jeff Garlin and some other guy was a great one too, but Jeff Garlin and Zach Galifianakis might be acquired tastes.

e: oh man, that one with Dave Foley and his daughter as well. There is literally nobody on earth without a heart of pure stone that wouldn't find Dave Foley's daughter adorable and hilarious.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Aug 8, 2012

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

icicle bob posted:

The one with TJ, Pete, and Jeff Garlin. Because gently caress my friends if they aren't already listening to DLM.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Mob posted:

The one with TJ, Pete, and Jeff Garlin. Because gently caress my friends if they aren't already listening to DLM.

That was one of my favorite episodes, but I think it's probably the worst episode to start someone off with. It's chock full of acquired tastes and callbacks.

When they do part 2 of that ep, I hope they get Jeff Garlin to say "DENVER YEAAA!"

What is the origin of that anyway? I want to say it's when Doug accidentally called Denver a state - which I remember happening - and TJ was on the ep and responded with "DENVER YEAAA!" - which I don't remember happening.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Mob posted:

Sponsored by Uber

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

What is the origin of that anyway?

Nope, it's just Pete making fun of T.J., who is from Denver and always has a lot of energy in his act.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

icicle bob posted:

If you need to go with one of the episodes that is available for free atm, I would go with one of these.

"Lennon Parham, Jessica St. Clair, Moshe Kasher and Brendon Walsh guest"
"Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright and Kate Micucci guest"
"Ben Schwartz, Samm Levine and David Huntsberger guest"
"Scott Aukerman, Nick Thune, Lennon Parham and Natalie Morales guest"
or, if your friends love listening to drunk comedians, "Tom Lennon, Rob Huebel and Kumail Nanjiani guest"

I think those are the most accessible to people.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Find the Doug Loves Movies with Paul F. Tompkins as Cake Boss, Nick Kroll as El Chupacabra and Andy Daly as the creepy film producer.

You're welcome.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

-Atom- posted:

Find the Doug Loves Movies with Paul F. Tompkins as Cake Boss, Nick Kroll as El Chupacabra and Andy Daly as the creepy film producer.

You're welcome.

When was that? I don't remember it at all.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Why are Boner Eps recorded so badly? Why are members of the audience 10x clearer than any of the people on stage? Surely he could plug into the venue's soundboard instead of putting a tape recorder on the floor or however these get picked up.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 9, 2012

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

-Atom- posted:

You're welcome.

As someone who has listened to this episode at least 8 times, it is the only right answer.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Teenage Fansub posted:

Why are Boner Eps recorded so badly? Why are members of the audience 10x clearer than any of the people on stage? Surely he could plug into the venue's soundboard instead of putting a tape recorder on the floor or however these get picked up.

It's recording on his iPhone I believe. I think these are just ones he decides to record off the cuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

goldblums eyes posted:

As someone who has listened to this episode at least 8 times, it is the only right answer.

"If only I had the power to see the past."cakeboss

• Locked thread