Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I think the Leonard Maltin Game is the best part of the show, I'd recommend one where it happens instead of Build-A-Title/ABCDeez Nuts (I don't even listen to episodes with those anymore) and preferably Paul F. Tompkins or Adam Scott guesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

goldblums eyes posted:

As someone who has listened to this episode at least 8 times, it is the only right answer.

Seriously, when was this ep released?

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

I think the Leonard Maltin Game is the best part of the show, I'd recommend one where it happens instead of Build-A-Title/ABCDeez Nuts (I don't even listen to episodes with those anymore) and preferably Paul F. Tompkins or Adam Scott guesting.

You just turn it off upon those games starting? Most episodes now he just plays one or both of those and then Len Maltin.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Seriously, when was this ep released?

I can't find it on the DLM archives, but it's "Cake Boss, El Chupacabra and Don Dimelo guest" from 11/4/11.
It's the hardest I've laughed from any podcast, and extremely accessible for people who have no idea what podcasts even are.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

goldblums eyes posted:

I can't find it on the DLM archives, but it's "Cake Boss, El Chupacabra and Don Dimelo guest" from 11/4/11.
It's the hardest I've laughed from any podcast, and extremely accessible for people who have no idea what podcasts even are.

I must have listened to it - I've been listening to the show since it was on that one website that I can't remember the name of and is probably defunct now - but man, I just can't remember listening to it at all.

I'd probably have to pay to listen to it now, and unfortunately I currently have negative money.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
No money required!

http://dlm.libsyn.com/webpage/cake-boss-el-chupacabra-and-don-dimelo-guest

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

That's neat. I wonder why eps disappear from the rss feed after 6 months. I don't see any other podcast doing that.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Kinda bummed they couldn't get Ice-Ben Schwartz on the latest DLM but w/e

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

At one point Kreischer was laughing so hard I almost expected he was going to poo poo his pants again*.

*Mohr Stories #13

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I never heard of Bert before his show on Travel Channel or whatever but holy gently caress this guy is amazing.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

That's neat. I wonder why eps disappear from the rss feed after 6 months. I don't see any other podcast doing that.

I think it's so he can sell them. Marc Maron's WTF also only goes back so far, last I checked.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

traveling midget posted:

I never heard of Bert before his show on Travel Channel or whatever but holy gently caress this guy is amazing.

If you've never heard Bert on Joe Rogan's podcast, this is all you need to know about him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PAtFsJY5q0

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

traveling midget posted:

Find every appearance of Bert on Joe Rogan's podcast.

He may be an alcoholic, but he's so god drat awesome it's almost criminal.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Oh man I knew it was going to be awesome when I saw the guest list, and it delivered. Love Bert.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Holy poo poo this was amazing. This finally made me subscribe to the Joe Rogan podcast too. I need more Bert Kreischer!

Was this really recorded on an iPhone? The quality really wasn't bad.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Popelmon posted:

Holy poo poo this was amazing. This finally made me subscribe to the Joe Rogan podcast too. I need more Bert Kreischer!

Was this really recorded on an iPhone? The quality really wasn't bad.

No, only the boner eps are recorded on a phone. Those are the ones where Doug just plays LMG with an audience member at the end of a stand-up show. The proper eps where he's at like the UCB theater or similar are recorded better.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Unfortunately Bert's appearances on Mohr stories in it's beginning are locked out, but his bear wrestling story from one is up on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWyJMc86LMw

It's hilarious, but I can't find the Lion story from the same ep which was just as good :(

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Any L.A. goons hunger for games? I'm busy tonight but would love to meet up any other night this week and play some Maltin.

Or if people want to meet up at UCB tomorrow night for the actual show that'd be cool too

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Baseball Jordan is a shithead.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

DENVER YEAH

Oh Gods and Monsters Inc...ception. If that don't fly in Denver I don't know what do!

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
T.J. Miller is a pure joy. :allears:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Golbez posted:

T.J. Miller is a pure joy. :allears:

Normally, I agree with you. But he was just off in that episode. None of his riffs really hit even though Doug and Brendon were humoring him and trying to help out.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!

Beelzebozo posted:

Normally, I agree with you. But he was just off in that episode. None of his riffs really hit even though Doug and Brendon were humoring him and trying to help out.

I was a little disappointed he missed an opportunity to when mentioning Friendship, to call back to the good ship U.S.S. Friendship.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
The newest ep is pretty solid, even if it does sound like one long promo for Steve Agee/Dax Shepard's new movie.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Binowru posted:

it does sound like one long promo for Steve Agee/Dax Shepard's new movie

It certainly does.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Solid episode. Todd Glass was awesome.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Chelsea Peretti!!! Oh god I hope she does her QVC presenter impersonation again, that was the funniest drat thing.

e: oh dammit I thought I had clicked on the Todd Glass Show thread.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Chelsea Peretti!!! Oh god I hope she does her QVC presenter impersonation again, that was the funniest drat thing.

e: oh dammit I thought I had clicked on the Todd Glass Show thread.

Oh god I want her and Todd on DLM. Throw in Pete Holmes and Doug could just leave after announcing the guests.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Popelmon posted:

Oh god I want her and Todd on DLM. Throw in Pete Holmes and Doug could just leave after announcing the guests.

Todd Glass and Chelsea Peretti making fun of Pete Holmes for an hour. This is something I want to listen to.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bunk Rogers posted:

Solid episode. Todd Glass was awesome.

When it comes to Doug's format it really doesn't bother me until you get a guy like Todd Glass.

Just let him talk, because my god is he hysterical.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I need to come up with a clever name tag for tonight. Heeelllpppp

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.
So you want suggestions for a movie pun based on your name without revealing it? Clint Eastwood.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

It's 530am, cut me a break. I'm Rob.
Total Robcall?

Ughh I'm horrible at this.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Rob-ocop?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Rob-in Hoodie

This requires you to wear a hoodie, obviously.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Popelmon posted:

Rob-ocop?

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Aug 20, 2012

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Prepare for one of the best lineups in DLM history: http://popculturebrain.com/post/29849985846/last-nights-dlm-in-nyc-has-plopped-john

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
No Pete Holmes :smith:. But that does look like an amazing show!

Kymera
Sep 6, 2006

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world
I was there in NYC last night in the first row for both The Benson Interruption and DLM. TBI was pretty good but DLM was great.

Kymera fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand

Kymera posted:

I was there in NYC last night in the first row for both The Benson Interruption and DLM. TBI was pretty good but DLM was great.

How could you resist reaching out and grabbing the most handsome man in the world?

I'm referring of course to Mike Birbiglia.

Rudd is quite a get for Benson, by the way. Nice work on his part. What I wonder is why Tarantino hasn't been on -- I know he and Doug are friends.

• Locked thread